PDA

View Full Version : The "Bowen kick".

Please_dont_ban_me
03-28-2006, 12:54 AM
I've been busy as hell but just remembered I heard something about this on the radio today.

What happened? Is there a video online where I can check it out? I know it was on Ray Allen, but all I heard was a snip on 760 about "still waiting to hear word on whether Bowen will be suspended for kicking Ray Allen".

King
03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Allen jumped into Bowen trying to draw a foul - fell onto Bruce's leg, and Bruce kicked him in the back. Allen snapped, went after Bruce, and they were held apart.

Truthfully, Bruce should be suspended for a game for it.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Dammit, I hope they're still showing it on ESPNnews.

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Bruce pushed him in the back with his foot. It wasn't much of a kick; I doubt Allen could have possibly got hurt from it. If he had pushed him with the same force with his hand, no one would even be talking about it.

I think he'll get fined but not suspended, but who knows.

Vingianx
03-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I've been busy as hell but just remembered I heard something about this on the radio today.

What happened? Is there a video online where I can check it out? I know it was on Ray Allen, but all I heard was a snip on 760 about "still waiting to hear word on whether Bowen will be suspended for kicking Ray Allen".
there's a pic of it on spursreport.com on the left side

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 02:45 AM
bruce bowen shouldve went lui kang shadow side bycicle kick on gayray, then morph in a dragon and animality him.

mikejones99
03-28-2006, 04:15 AM
It should be a tech on ray for jumping into someone like that. He coulda injured Bowen. Ray had no chance of making that shot the way he jumped sideways like that.

Solid D
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Bowen admitted it was a mistake, it wasn't calculated, and he was sorry for it. He should apologize to Allen, but even if he already has apologized, we'll probably never hear about it.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I think he is going to be suspended, although I don't think he should be. I love Bruce but he fucked up. Even if there wasn't much behind it, it still looks like a kick. Of course, if he is not suspended...the "league favors the Spurs" conspiracy nuts will have a field day! :spin

polandprzem
03-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Now Allen must ride on the wheelchair :rolleyes

What a kick by Bowen...

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I didnt get to watch the kick, but that no shadow kick on allen, did he flop?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
It was a bad move by Bruce. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a reverse angle replay. I've seen footage of Bruce booting that douchebag several times, but ESPN, in the interest of fairness, only showed the collision once and it was from an angle where Bruce's body covered most of the contact. It looked like Ray might have put an elbow into Bruce's jaw, though that could just be my imagination.

Can I be simultaneously disapointed that Bruce did that, while happy that he did it to Ray Allen?

Old School Chic
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Ray & Bruce need to get over it already... :rolleyes

spurastic
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I made a copy of the kick "incident" on my camera and have a mov file but but I doubt that I can attach. This is my first post as I'm new here and have only been a lurker. I think that Bruce was honest and mature to acknowledge that he should not have kicked out. On the other hand, Ray:cry :cry Allen cried like the spoiled child that he is. It did look like Bruce was pushing Ray off of his foot and he was saying "get off of me". Both guys were being very physical and if Bowen gets supended then so should Allen as he instigated the whole episode; and Allen had to be restained after the kick/push off. So Allen pushes Bruce down (falling along with him), Bruce kicks or pushes Allen with his foot, and Allen tries to attack Bruce.

polandprzem
03-28-2006, 12:13 PM
spurastic that was a good post

cheguevara
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
I made a copy of the kick "incident" on my camera and have a mov file but but I doubt that I can attach. This is my first post as I'm new here and have only been a lurker. I think that Bruce was honest and mature to acknowledge that he should not have kicked out. On the other hand, Ray:cry :cry Allen cried like the spoiled child that he is. It did look like Bruce was pushing Ray off of his foot and he was saying "get off of me". Both guys were being very physical and if Bowen gets supended then so should Allen as he instigated the whole episode; and Allen had to be restained after the kick/push off. So Allen pushes Bruce down (falling along with him), Bruce kicks or pushes Allen with his foot, and Allen tries to attack Bruce.

can u upload to putfile.com?

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
i think bruce is celebrating Wrestlemania 23 to quick :D:D fever!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-28-2006, 12:23 PM
hey spurastic, can you send me the mov file to my email? its [email protected]

LilMissSPURfect
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
That wasn't even a kick....it's more like "bitch! u want contact .....take that! u sissy ass!" "there's your f@cken foul for ya!"

ObiwanGinobili
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Bruce has been putting up w/ ray :cry :cry allen's pussy ass for years.
as great a guy as he is it had to come to a point somehow.
If it was me I would've allready bitch slapped him in last seasons playoffs.

I'm with SFIE - I'm slighty dissappointed yet glad at the same time.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-28-2006, 01:09 PM
that is not kicking! bruce just trying to say! get off of me! allen is just a crying bastard! :lol

sickdsm
03-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Bowen admitted it was a mistake, it wasn't calculated, and he was sorry for it. He should apologize to Allen, but even if he already has apologized, we'll probably never hear about it.

Pretty sure it will be brought up a million more times in the already hostile "Is Bruce dirty?" fight.

JamStone
03-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Even if not calculated or premeditated, there are definitely better ways to handle getting Ray Allen off of your foot then using your free foot to shove him off. Pulling hard on the foot that is under Ray Allen. Leaning forward and shoving him with with his hands. Screaming at him to get off his foot. I think using the free foot and in essence kicking at a man's back is an inappropriate way to get him off his foot. The argument that Bruce Bowen has been putting up with Ray Allen's pussy ass for a long time carries no merit to me. If someone kicked Manu Ginobili in the back while he was on the floor, there would be absolutely no validation or justification for it in the eyes of Spurs fans, no matter how justifiable. The fact that Bruce Bowen has had a reputation for dirty play, especially claimed by Ray Allen, does not help Bowen's case. I think it was wrong. I think Bruce Bowen should be fined. I think it was an inappropriate and suspendable action.

And, even as a Pistons fan, I am a Bruce Bowen fan. I love what he does on the court. In this specific instance, he was completely in the wrong.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
seriously bruce shouldve went kome on ray allen.....kome also had a fued with ray allen, best way to shut up him is shut him down from playin his game, another player who has had experiences being bruces left gonads is wince carter.

polandprzem
03-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Even if not calculated or premeditated, there are definitely better ways to handle getting Ray Allen off of your foot then using your free foot to shove him off. Pulling hard on the foot that is under Ray Allen. Leaning forward and shoving him with with his hands. Screaming at him to get off his foot. I think using the free foot and in essence kicking at a man's back is an inappropriate way to get him off his foot. The argument that Bruce Bowen has been putting up with Ray Allen's pussy ass for a long time carries no merit to me. If someone kicked Manu Ginobili in the back while he was on the floor, there would be absolutely no validation or justification for it in the eyes of Spurs fans, no matter how justifiable. The fact that Bruce Bowen has had a reputation for dirty play, especially claimed by Ray Allen, does not help Bowen's case. I think it was wrong. I think Bruce Bowen should be fined. I think it was an inappropriate and suspendable action.

And, even as a Pistons fan, I am a Bruce Bowen fan. I love what he does on the court. In this specific instance, he was completely in the wrong.

So it was inappropiate...

and?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-28-2006, 02:04 PM
If anybody has that video, can you please upload it or PM it to me?

I didn't get a chance to see it and doubt I will now unless he gets suspended and they play it again on ESPN.

SenorSpur
03-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Rather than seeing that kick, I would have rather seen Bruce, or even Tim for that matter, block that late 3-pointer by Ray Allen,

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Its justice enough that Ray torched Bowen in the game

Bowen is getting torched left, right and center........ must be his age catching up with him

Bowen should be suspended for that kick for one game, but he wont be :hat

cheguevara
03-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Its justice enough that Ray torched Bowen in the game

Bowen is getting torched left, right and center........ must be his age catching up with him

Bowen should be suspended for that kick for one game, but he wont be :hat

Bowen's foot up yours buddy

Sportcamper
03-28-2006, 05:41 PM
The Clip... (http://www.nba.com/)

Marklar MM
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I got 5 bucks that says Rasheed would have been tossed from the game, suspended for a month, and fined 500 grand. :)

spurastic
03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I had to try out my new avatar of "the well deserved kick" but it's so small you probably can't see it. Bruce didn't deserve a fine unless they gave one to cry allen too.

E20
03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
It wasn't neccessary. I'm pretty sure anybody with half a brain or more in the league now knows that Bowen will use games to get you ejected and most of the leagues best offensive players probably know this by now and it ain't gonna work. What it did was probably add on to his image of being dirty.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Bowen acted on impulse. I don't really blame him. He still shouldn't have done it.

On the other hand, it was Ray Allen. That guys been a whiny bitch for years. Tries to make it personal with Bowen.

His quotes are a pain in the ass. From a PR perspective, he should learn to shut up with the personal beef stuff, even if he might be right at the time. He sounded like a little catty girl on Sunday's recap.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I got 5 bucks that says Rasheed would have been tossed from the game, suspended for a month, and fined 500 grand. :)

He has a history.