PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Intro Video

gruder
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I have a quick question for those of you who have been to a Spurs game at the AT&T Center. What song is the Spurs intro video set to? It's awesome...whatever it is. When they pump it through the sound system along with that video, it gives me the chills.

And just to clarify, I'm not talking about "Y'all Ready For This?!"...I'm talking about the instrumental right before that. Over the holidays it was Metallica and the Trans Siberian Orchestra Carol of the Bells...but now that the hollidays are over, they switched it.

Anyone know what it is?

T-Pain
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I have a quick question for those of you who have been to a Spurs game at the AT&T Center. What song is the Spurs intro video set to? It's awesome...whatever it is. When they pump it through the sound system along with that video, it gives me the chills.

And just to clarify, I'm not talking about "Y'all Ready For This?!"...I'm talking about the instrumental right before that. Over the holidays it was Metallica and the Trans Siberian Orchestra Carol of the Bells...but now that the hollidays are over, they switched it.

Anyone know what it is?

u talked about the one by the ying yang twins?

LakerHater0823
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Is that the same song they play when they win the game at the end. With that bad A** drum beat.

LakerHater0823
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey we need to get rid of the "Y'all ready for this" song and think of something else because that song is gettin on my nerves now.

Lebowski Brickowski
03-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey we need to get rid of the "Y'all ready for this" song and think of something else because that song is gettin on my nerves now.

I so agree. They've been playing "Y'all ready for this" since that lame ass disco song came out in lin 1989. During the Finals last year the SI.com Finals Blogger even said it was lame and out of date. Embarrassing. Can't we start a movement to change it? (I'm not talking about a bowell movement either. -- Unless it would get that song changed.) The song should be SLAYER!!!! lol

But that other song is baaaaaaaaad assssssss. Keep that mofo.

midgetonadonkey
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah that "Y'all Ready for This" song sucks nuts. They need to throw in a little 2pac or some Wu-Tang to pump everybody up. It would be cool to have them come out to "Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck wit."

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Thye need to throw on some Disturbed.

gruder
03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Lebowski,

I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand...and across this line...YOU DO NOT...also Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please!

Okay, are sure this is a song by the Ying Tang twins? It doesn't sound like anything they do. It's got a bad-ass drum beat and an electric guitar playing alongside it. It doesn't sound like the Ying Yang Twins. Anyone else have any ideas?

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
I would say use a local musician, but the only famous SA music act I know of is George Strait. And while I love his music it's not exactly arena rock. I'd say AC/DC's "Back in Black" but the home jerseys are white, right?

TDMVPDPOY
how about an mchammer song, cant touch this? with spur players holding and pointing at the championship trophy.

Lebowski Brickowski
Lebowski,

I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand...and across this line...YOU DO NOT...also Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please!
:lol :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
how about an mchammer song, cant touch this? with spur players holding and pointing at the championship trophy.

Or "Ice, Ice Baby" with George Gervin and all the players pointing at the ice in their championship rings.

Or Eva shaking her ass to "Superfreak."

Hillcrest
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Spurs songs and 'production value' have always been somewhat 'dated'. I think they're beginning to catch up nowadays. I remember liking the intro from the last game I attended also. I think it was the Metallica/orchestra one.

Lebowski Brickowski
03-28-2006, 11:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon, with nail polish.

gruder
03-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Smokey, this is not Nam...this is bowling. There are rules. Smokey, my friend, you're entering a world of pain. You mark that frame an eight and you're entering a world of pain...a world of pain. Has the whole world gone CRAZY?? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES???

Seriously...I'm dying to know the name of that song they use. If anyone knows it, please let me know. Enough about the "Y'all ready for this!" Personally, I like it. Yeah...so it's old...but it's nostalgia for a lot of people. It reminds me of going to games when I was 12-years-old back at old Hemisphere Arena. $5 gets you five tickets, five dogs, and five cokes. Remember those days? Those were the days that sowed my basketball roots...and every time I hear that song, that's what I think of. So what if it's old...

Lebowski Brickowski
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Hemisphere Arena. $5 gets you five tickets, five dogs, and five cokes. Remember those days? ..

Man times have changed. Those days were sweet. Fans nowadays try to act cool by saying crap like "...all I care about are rings.." blah blah blah.... The Spurs have always been much more to me than champions. I won't ever forget my Dad parking under the 37 overpass for free and walking my brother and I to Hemisfair for some nosebleed seats. I'm finding more and more fans who feel that "they" deserve the trophy and if the Spurs don't give it to them then they act all pissy. If I may offer some humble advice...Pay your dues people, remember where we all came from. The Spurs Rule no matter how many trophys or banners or winning seasons.

Oh -- and about that song Gruder .... I don't know it but I'll try to find it.