PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Parker or Bowen?

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard or read if the above-mentioned will be playing or sitting tonight?

Vingianx
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
No news yet

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks.

ducks
03-28-2006, 05:20 PM
news tp getting kisses on foot now
hope he works!

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Bruce fined 10 grand, no suspension.

Spurologist
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM

I figured he'd get one. 10 grand for a gentle tap. I doubt that that's the minimum in fines, but 10 grand is a little high IMO.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
At least he is not suspended. He'll be in the lineup and I think he will be fired up. I am worried about Parker. If he is not 100% (which no one ever is this late in the season), then I say rest him and let's see what Beno can do.

boutons_
03-28-2006, 06:11 PM
what would 1 game suspension have cost him?

CubanMustGo
03-28-2006, 06:13 PM
what would 1 game suspension have cost him?

1/82nd of his salary. Per HoopsHype.com (http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm) that would be $41K.

Bandit2981
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
bowen was fined 10 grand for barely kicking allen in the back to get him off his leg? i guess next time he should just elbow Ray in the head and let the blood drip down. apparently that kind of action only warrants a $5000 fine like Rasheed got

CubanMustGo
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
When does Ray Allen get fined for being a whiney pussy?

sa_butta
03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
When does Ray Allen get fined for being a whiney pussy?If they handed out fines for that he would owe the NBA money.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
uuuuhhhhhh....guys...Bruce kicked him in the back. Totally premeditated.

Fuck the excuse that BabyRay was on his foot...that dog don't hunt.

The fine was reasonable. They didn't suspend him because he obviously didn't completely unload on him but he STILL kicked him.

If the tables were turned and someone kicked Tim Duncan in the back while he was trying to collect himself after a collision and get up off another players leg you guys would be screaming for a 5 game suspension...

Lets be fair here. Good call by the NBA.

koopa
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM

damn, that's a shit load for a dude just trying to gently push the biggest cry baby i've ever seen in all of sports off his foot. bowen should've busted his head open that would've been worth the suspension lol

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
damn, that's a shit load for a dude just trying to gently push the biggest cry baby i've ever seen in all of sports off his foot. bowen should've busted his head open that would've been worth the suspension lol

:lmao

spoken like a true homey...:lol

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
uuuuhhhhhh....guys...Bruce kicked him in the back. Totally premeditated.

Premeditated? He came into the game planning to kick him? :lmao

Weird word to describe it, but yeah the fine was reasonable and what I expected.

ShoogarBear
03-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Premeditated? He came into the game planning to kick him? :lmao

The thought did cross my mind that Bruce was trying to bait Allen, a la what he did to make Vince Carter lose it and get tossed last year when he was destroying the Spurs.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Kori...I had it on TIVO and ran it back about 4 times...Bruce cocked his leg back and thought about it for about a half second before he went forward with it...

E20
03-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Bowen thumpers take it to an extreme. It makes me sick..................:vomit j/k

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 06:59 PM
The thought did cross my mind that Bruce was trying to bait Allen, a la what he did to make Vince Carter lose it and get tossed last year when he was destroying the Spurs.

exactly...classic Bruce mind games...he knew he was gonna get fined but it was a calculated risk that BabyRay would escalate it...

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Kori...I had it on TIVO and ran it back about 4 times...Bruce cocked his leg back and thought about it for about a half second before he went forward with it...

Of course he thought about it for a second, but "premeditated" usually means something is planned out with forethought. Not exactly the appropriate word.

His thought was probably, "This guy who hates me is on my leg, let me get him off." It was the wrong thing to do. If he pushed him off with his hand (with the same force) nothing probably would have happened. But with Ray's overreaction and the history, I knew they'd fine him.. But Bruce acknowledged he was wrong and got a just fine.

E20
03-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Main Entry: pre·med·i·tate
Pronunciation: (")prE-'me-d&-"tAt
Function: verb
Etymology: Latin praemeditatus, past participle of praemeditari, from prae- + meditari to meditate
transitive senses : to think about and revolve in the mind beforehand
intransitive senses : to think, consider, or deliberate beforehand knowing the consequences
- pre·med·i·ta·tor /-"tA-t&r/ noun

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks. We all know what it means.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Main Entry: pre·med·i·tate
Pronunciation: (")prE-'me-d&-"tAt
Function: verb
Etymology: Latin praemeditatus, past participle of praemeditari, from prae- + meditari to meditate
transitive senses : to think about and revolve in the mind beforehand
intransitive senses : to think, consider, or deliberate beforehand knowing the consequences
- pre·med·i·ta·tor /-"tA-t&r/ noun

exactly.

Bruce thought about it and then popped his ass...damn I love this guy...he even "pulled" it just enough to keep from being suspended...

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't call it premeditated at all. I think it was heat of battle - the opposite. He thought for a second that Ray was on his leg and pushed him off.

E20
03-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't call it premeditated at all. I think it was heat of battle - the opposite. He thought for a second that Ray was on his leg and pushed him off.

exactly.

Bruce thought about it and then popped his ass...

^^^That's premeditated.

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2006, 07:12 PM
OK darlin. We agree to disagree.

Allen admitted that he nearly threw a punch at Bowen, but he kept his cool and answered with 5.4 seconds remaining when he drained the winning three-pointer.

"I wasn't going to allow him to bait me when I went at him and possibly allow him to get me kicked out of the game," Allen said.

E20
03-28-2006, 07:14 PM
OK darlin. We agree to disagree.
Props to Allen for not baiting in and tearing it up.