PDA

View Full Version : The TICKET 760 IDOL

Kori Ellis
03-28-2006, 07:28 PM
The TICKET 760 IDOL
(aka --- "The Boss Has Lost His Mind")

http://ticket760.com/pages/idol.html

We know for a fact that you sit back and think to yourself, "Hey, if these guys can do it, I'm sure that I can." Well, this is your chance to prove it, wise guy.

The Ticket 760 Idol competition is on. Our boss, Nate Lundy, has decided to put a 6 month contract for a weekend show on Ticket 760 up for grabs. Now, he doesn't pay us much money, so he probably isn't going to pay you much either, but you will have a chance to prove what you're worth. And who knows? You might get to keep the show permanently.

How do you enter? Well, it's pretty easy.

1) Submit a recording no longer than 5 minutes of you giving your best take, running smack, whatever.

2) With your submission, give us a bit of a bio about yourself and tell us why you deserve to win.

3) The deadline will be NOON on Monday April 10th. That means we MUST have your entire entry received by that time. Show up at 12:05 and we kick you out.

To submit an entry you have a few choices:

1) Drop it off. If you've recorded a tape, mini-disc, CD you can drop it off at our studios at 6222 NW Interstate 10 during regular business hours. We're located between Crossroads and Vance Jackson.

2) Email it. If you can save it as an mp3 and email it that's okay, but don't save it at a HUGE bit rate, okay? The file won't get to us if you do because it'll be too damn big. HOWEVER, if you email us an entry we WILL reply back so you know we got it. Send it to [email protected].

3) We'll be hosting ON-SITE auditions where we'll bring out the equipment and you can pop on the headphones and we'll record you.

The FIRST on-site auditions will be THIS Wednesday from 4pm-6:30pm with Vex and Walter at HOOTERS at 281 & BITTERS.

Once we get our entries, we'll narrow it down to semi-finalists and finalists, just like the TV show would. Votes from our judges along with audience votes will help determine the winner.

AND REMEMBER - CREATIVITY COUNTS!!!

--SO--

If you think you've got the stuff--bring it. But be ready, we're going to be tough and we're going to let the audience have some votes on this too. This is not for the weak. But, if you think you can be a star, then let's hear you. JT The Brick, The Thompson Brothers, Walter Pasacrita...and more. They all started out just like this. So who knows, this could be your big break.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
I will be at Hooters tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

SpursWoman
03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh, wow...that's pretty cool!

Good luck, Mikey! :elephant :elephant

angel_luv
03-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow that is very, very cool. I don't know that I am radio ready yet- but some of you guys need to try out.

Edit: hahaha Mikey read my mind! Good luck. May the Force (of the avi's) be with you. :)

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks SW. This site was gracious enough to get me into the finals of their "best damn sports reporter" contest last year. I may have to ask for some mojo again this year.

Melmart1
03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
GO MIKEY GO!! I know you can do it.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks ladies. After the Spurs game...I will be formally requesting mojo. ;)

Old School Chic
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
http://66.98.131.167/pub/11/11193x0og7dbic3.gif