PDA

View Full Version : Possible FA Center

SenorSpur
03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
If Nazr does bolt this summmer in free agency, as everyone predicts, could the Spurs possibly have interest in this guy as a replacement?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39756/20060329/frustrated_przybilla_might_bolt/

Frustrated Przybilla Might Bolt
29th March, 2006 - 5:58 am

Oregon Live - It appears that Blazers center Joel Przybilla may not be a lock to return to Portland next season after all.

Reports out of the Oregon Live state that Przybilla has said his future with the team might be in jeopardy because of the way some teammates have given up on the season.

Przybilla has spent much of the season saying his top priority is to re-sign with Portland after the season, but after a dismal second half, which has included 22 losses in 25 games, the 7-foot-1 center says he will look elsewhere this summer unless changes are made.

"When the season is over, it's going to be a big decision for me, and a lot is going to be determined by what team they bring back," Przybilla said. "Because I'm telling you, this is tough, it's real tough."

"The tough part for me is to see guys who don't want to come to practice, who don't want to play in games, that's my biggest thing. Personally, I have no problem playing because I want to play, no matter what. But to see other guys -- I don't know if it's giving up or what -- but we have to finish the season strong. It's our job, we have to be professional, and I don't know if everyone is doing that."

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
I dont think Pry is worth the full MLE

ducks
03-29-2006, 09:25 AM
if spurs get him for less then the full mle it could be a steal
rember bigs get paid stupidly

CubanMustGo
03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
if spurs get him for less then the full mle it could be a steal
rember bigs get paid stupidly

Cases in point:
Radoslav Nesterovic: $6.7M, $7.3M, $7.8M, $8.4M
Nazr Mohammed: $5.5M, FA after that

Bruno
03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
No, Pryz is injury prone and we still have a big slow center with Rasho.

boutons_
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I've always liked the guy, but for being 7'1" and 250+ lbs, his RB and PPG don't impress, although he has doubled his BS/game from 1 to 2 in the last two years, and got his PF down.

I guess it would take some serious coaching and a perfect fit to get more out of him. He's probably not a strong enough player to shine in a situation as gawdawful shitty as Portland. Not much of an upgrade from Rasho or Nazr, but he could blossom under Pop.

gus
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Trade expiring contract of Mohamed plus anything it takes for GarnettĦĦĦ.-

spur219
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Less than MLE would be good. Pop would like him because he is a good defensive center with a big body and has very good rebounding and blocking skills.

Supergirl
03-29-2006, 12:53 PM
If we could get him it would be a major steal. I think he's as good as Rasho defensively, with more offense. I also think he'd fit in well with Pop's system...

But I don't think we can afford him, unless we give up Rasho and/or Nazr. Maybe both.

T Park
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Hes no better than Rasho on offense, just as bad free throw wise.

Better rebounder, a little tougher.

Hed be a smarter, whiter version of Nazr Mohammed.

Don't think hed sign for what the Spurs could give.

I don't think the Spurs have the midlevel this year, they gave it to Finley and Oberto.

Half of it being wasted on Oberto.....

ChumpDumper
03-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Teams get the midlevel every year. He'll probably be out of our range although I htink he'd really like the team atmosphere.

His rebounding per 48 falls just between Troy Murphy and Zo, he just doesn't play that many minutes.

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Hes no better than Rasho on offense, just as bad free throw wise.

Better rebounder, a little tougher.

Hed be a smarter, whiter version of Nazr Mohammed.

Don't think hed sign for what the Spurs could give.

I don't think the Spurs have the midlevel this year, they gave it to Finley and Oberto.

Half of it being wasted on Oberto.....

I thought every year teams over the cap can use the MLE once a year??? So they used MLE this season and use MLE again next season....is that how it works?

T Park
03-29-2006, 01:58 PM
So the Spurs have the FULL MLE again!??!!?

Hmmmmmm.

Part of it for Javtokas, another part for a solid back up point?

Or maybe trade off Udrih for a draft pick and get one??

If I had the chance to trade Udrih to get in the top 12 to get a good point, Id do it.

The summer just got all the more interesting knowing the Spurs have the full MLE again.

Hopefully UTAH is stupid and lets go Devin Brown.

JamStone
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Beno Udrih worth a top 12 draft pick???

Jeeeesh, maybe Mo Evans is worth a top 5 draft pick.

T Park
03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Lots of teams need a back up point.

Udrih is supposedly held in high regard.

Hell, lots of teams need a point guard PERIOD.

T Park
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM
A team Beno would be perfect for, is if they trade Baron Davis, Golden State.

Can run the offense, passes well.

He would fit in well in Golden State.

If he was having problems, D Fish is right there to back him up.

Golden State could trade Baron and Dunleavy get something back in return, some depth, and trade for Udrih.

At least, I wish that would go down.

SenorSpur
03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Why the hell would the Spurs want to get rid of Beno? If they did that, who would back up Tony? It's obvious that Nick is on fumes and likely won't be back (let's hope). This makes no sense.

ChumpDumper
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I don't think the flaws in Beno's game are insurmountable. Should he stay and Barry be traded, it will be important to sign another vet. Otherwise we could try to develop another point behind Beno.

Not much immediate help in the draft at almost any position, really.

T Park
03-29-2006, 02:35 PM
what vet swingmen are available, if Barry is traded??

Right now, i would think Barry's value is higher than it was at the trade deadline.

Hes been playing fantastic basketball lately.

ChumpDumper
03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
We'd still have three vet swingmen if we traded Barry, so it would be all about youth.

Brodels
03-29-2006, 06:28 PM
So the Spurs have the FULL MLE again!??!!?

Hmmmmmm.

Part of it for Javtokas, another part for a solid back up point?

Or maybe trade off Udrih for a draft pick and get one??

If I had the chance to trade Udrih to get in the top 12 to get a good point, Id do it.

The summer just got all the more interesting knowing the Spurs have the full MLE again.

Hopefully UTAH is stupid and lets go Devin Brown.

Just because they have it doesn't mean that they will spend it. With Parker's long-term deal kicking in and Manu, Rasho, Tim, and some of the role players under long-term deals, the Spurs might sit on some of that money this summer.

gospursgojas
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
what vet swingmen are available, if Barry is traded??

Right now, i would think Barry's value is higher than it was at the trade deadline.

Hes been playing fantastic basketball lately.

Spree

Penny

:spin

exstatic
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
A team Beno would be perfect for, is if they trade Baron Davis, Golden State.

Can run the offense, passes well.

He would fit in well in Golden State.

If he was having problems, D Fish is right there to back him up.

Golden State could trade Baron and Dunleavy get something back in return, some depth, and trade for Udrih.

At least, I wish that would go down.
GS already has their future PG and he's running it right now: Monta Ellis. He's top 5 league wide in jets, shocking Sean by not allowing Tony to blow by him in the open court.

Do any of you people who have written off Beno remember 2004 and the worst collection of disgusting, castoff backup PGs in the history of the franchise? It probably cost us a 3 peat, failing to bridge the 2003 and 2005 teams...

Back on thread: is Pryzbila restricted or unrestricted?

T Park
03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Do any of you people who have written off Beno remember 2004 and the worst collection of disgusting, castoff backup PGs in the history of the franchise? It probably cost us a 3 peat, failing to bridge the 2003 and 2005 teams...

Yeah I remember.

That doesn't mean you should settle on his mediocrity.

There will be some good PGs available out there.

exstatic
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah I remember.

That doesn't mean you should settle on his mediocrity.

There will be some good PGs available out there.
Remember, we're talking about backups here. PG's who aren't mediocre are generally looking to start. See: Claxton, Speedy.

T Park
03-29-2006, 07:48 PM
give em 2.5 mill and a chance at a ring, and youd prob get some solid ones.

exstatic
03-29-2006, 07:55 PM
give em 2.5 mill and a chance at a ring, and youd prob get some solid ones.
That's about twice what Beno makes, the Spurs have him for 2 more years, and you claim he's good enough to be held "in high regard" around the league, yet not good enough to play backup for us.[/Tim Allen inquisitive grunt noise]

boutons_
03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
"probably cost us a 3 peat"

aw, come on!! Up 2-0, Tony, Tim, and nobody else, including Pop, could figure out how win 2 more games off the 04 Lakers. That certainly wasn't the fault of Jason Hart or Anthony Carter.

T Park
03-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Good enough to play or start for a bad team yes, like say, Golden State, Toronto.

exstatic
03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
"probably cost us a 3 peat"

aw, come on!! Up 2-0, Tony, Tim, and nobody else, including Pop, could figure out how win 2 more games off the 04 Lakers. That certainly wasn't the fault of Jason Hart or Anthony Carter.
Look at Tony's stats for the last 4 games of the series. He faltered, and there was no one to pick up any of the slack. I don't blame Jason or Anthony, but I do blame Pop and RC for leaving us devoid of another NBA PG on the roster. If we had gotten 15 minutes of good backup PG play in games 3, 4, and 5, we probably win at least one of them, and the series.

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Alls I know is Pryz>>>>>>>Rasho!!

boutons_
03-30-2006, 05:21 AM
The Lakers shut down the paint, both Tony, and Tim, and Spurs shot 40% or worse. That isn't the fault of the PG position.

zeleni
03-30-2006, 06:12 AM
The Lakers shut down the paint, both Tony, and Tim, and Spurs shot 40% or worse. That isn't the fault of the PG position.

That Tim and Nazr's fault? So where was Rasho?

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 06:15 AM
That Tim and Nazr's fault? So where was Rasho?

Rasho was starting. Nazr was still in NY. SA traded for him last season. After the 0.4 ( :depressed ) madness.

TOP_MODEL_M
03-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Yavtokas is twice the player Pryz is ever going to be. We don't need another Rasho.
I actually think Yavtokas is better than Nazr as well.Would love to see him in a Spurs uniform next season.Unlike Oberto he's really athletic and strong, and he'll fit in pretty well in the NBA.

ambchang
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Prz doesn't really fit into the Spurs game. His defense is so so, lots of shot blocking, because he goes after everything, which also leads to foul trouble. His rebounding is quite solid, but his man to man needs improvement.
His offense = nothing. The Spurs don't need another Rasho on offense. In fact, Prz is probably worse.
The Spurs have to find a long, quick and jump-shooting 4, in the Horry mode. And then there is always the Bowen replacement that the Spurs need.