PDA

View Full Version : Warrant issued for ex-Spurs player

Old School Chic
03-29-2006, 10:07 AM
KENS 5 has confirmed that the Bexar County Sheriff's Office has issued a warrant for the arrest of former San Antonio Spurs player Alvin Robertson.

Warrants were issued Tuesday for Robertson's arrest on two charges: violating a protective order and driving without a license. The 43-year-old has not been arrested yet.

Robertson has had off-court trouble before.

In 1997, the former National Basketball Association All-Star guard was sentenced to a year in jail after pleading no contest to four misdemeanor charges — resisting arrest, criminal trespass, and two assault charges — stemming from confrontations with his then-girlfriend, the New York Times reported.

In 2002, Robertson was also sentenced to three years in prison for a probation violation involving drugs and a rape accusation by a long-time girlfriend, according to ESPN.

KENS 5 is working to gather more details about these latest charges.

Robertson played in the NBA for a total of 10 years. In that time, he played for the Spurs, the Detroit Pistons, the Denver Nuggets, the Milwaukee Bucks, and the Toronto Raptors.

SenorSpur
03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
One of the best defensive players in Spurs history. An absolute demon. One of only four NBA players to ever record a quadruple-double.

Had his career not derailed, there's no doubt that he should have retired a Spur and probably eanred a place for his jersey to be retired to the rafters.

It's a shame that his problems got in the way of his career and his life.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I still think the Spurs best backcourt ever was the half-season Robertson and Johnny Moore played together.

Then Moore went down with desert fever.

boutons_
03-29-2006, 10:32 AM
wow! actually quite rare, esp severe cases, but A-A's are listed as at risk:

http://www.ecureme.com/emyhealth/data/Desert_Fever.asp

pache100
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
KENS is really mean. They led off the 5:00 AM news this morning with the teaser, "A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a San Antonio Spur". I nearly fainted thinking, "Who's done what?" I had to delay getting my morning routine started nearly 10 minutes to find out what the heck they were talking about. I hate it when they do that.

(At least Paul Mireles was back this morning...I can't stand that Glen Glaser or what-ever-his-name-is guy; where is Fred Lozano?)

CosmicCowboy
03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
hmmm...the common thread in all his troubles seems to be the girlfriend. Musta been some damn good snatch to keep risking jail...like a moth banging into a lightbulb.

Old School Chic
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
hmmm...the common thread in all his troubles seems to be the girlfriend. Musta been some damn good snatch to keep risking jail...like a moth banging into a lightbulb.

It's called the POP (power of pussy) :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-29-2006, 11:53 AM
KENS is really mean. They led off the 5:00 AM news this morning with the teaser, "A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a San Antonio Spur". I nearly fainted thinking, "Who's done what?" I had to delay getting my morning routine started nearly 10 minutes to find out what the heck they were talking about. I hate it when they do that.

(At least Paul Mireles was back this morning...I can't stand that Glen Glaser or what-ever-his-name-is guy; where is Fred Lozano?)

You're 100 percent right about that sensationalistic teaser.

That's pretty low of that producer or whoever wrote that script, although it happens more frequently than not.

Damn TV journalism...glad I moved to print/online.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2006, 11:58 AM

That's pretty low of that producer or whoever wrote that script, although it happens more frequently than not.

TV jounalism sweeps is worse

pache100
03-29-2006, 12:41 PM

Yes, KENS is worse about that crap than any of the other local news outfits, but they all do it to a certain extent.

TV jounalism sweeps is worse

True, but KENS does this ALL the time and I KNOW this. If this had not mentioned "a San Antonio Spur" specifically, I would not have given it a second thought.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
i thought was going to be vernon maxwell or david wingate. what happened to those thugs?

Old School Chic
03-29-2006, 04:24 PM
i thought was going to be vernon maxwell or david wingate. what happened to those thugs?

Nursing Home

LithiumXIII
03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
now why doesn't Detroit issue warrants for the convicts they put on the court every game, all five of them!!!! lol

CAGE
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
now why doesn't Detroit issue warrants for the convicts they put on the court every game, all five of them!!!! lol

Let's not forget Allen Iverson

gospursgojas
03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
I just played ball with his son yesterday....

tlongII
03-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Further proof that the Jail Blazer image would be more appropriate in San Antonio.