PDA

View Full Version : Allen dropped a dime

2Cleva
03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
What a snitch. I agree with Bowen being fined but it's still a punk route for Ray Ray. I can't stand him. Bowen's D on Kobe never bothered me because I know Bowen can't hold Kobe - it was always the shotblocking tandem behind him that bothered him.

Ray Allen took no joy after the NBA issued a $10,000 fine to San Antonio's Bruce Bowen after he kicked the Sonics guard in the back on Sunday.

However, it appears Allen may have helped pursude Stu Jackson, the NBA's vice president of basketball operations, into assessing the fine.

"When we landed in Memphis I called Stu and asked him if he saw the game," Allen said after Tuesday's 98-97 victory against Memphis. "He said he watched it that night, and he didn't think much of it.

"He said I'm going to watch it again. I told him I was just sitting there and he kicked me in the back and something more should have been done than him getting a technical foul. Then he started watching it, and he thought I was on his ankle."

When asked about Bowen's penalty, Allen said: "What he got was about right."

Rashard Lewis, however, said he thought Bowen should have been suspended.

"First off, he should have been kicked out of the game," Lewis said. "That's number one. You don't do something like that and not lose some games."

Jackson befriended Allen years ago, and at times the Sonics guard seeks out advice. They talked after Jackson suspended Allen three games for fighting with Orlando's Kenyon Dooling.

"He said you've got to be able to hold your temper," Allen said. "Sometimes it's hard, he said, but you know how much money you make."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2002896391_soniglance29.html

Sec24Row7
03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
He should get fined for discussing private league bussiness.

:lol

1Parker1
03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
"When we landed in Memphis I called Stu and asked him if he saw the game," Allen said after Tuesday's 98-97 victory against Memphis. "He said he watched it that night, and he didn't think much of it.

Who's Ray to talk about dirty, sissy basketball and controlling your temper, when look at what happened with him and Dooling a few months ago. :wtf

usckk
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, wtf? it pisses me off so much when people do that.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Carmelo and his crew need to tell Ray to "Stop Snitchin".

Besides, Ray should be thanking Bruce. Without the kick would anyone outside of Seattle given a damn about a Sonics game?

pache100
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Who's Ray to talk about dirty, sissy basketball and controlling your temper, when look at what happened with him and Dooling a few months ago. :wtf

It's not just that, either, although that is a valid point. Ray Allen gets his little licks and jabs and pushes in every game; and God only knows what's coming out of that mouth of his - it's always running. He's very smart and almost always does it where the referees can't see; when they do see, they don't always do anything about it. I don't even mind him doing it, I'd probably do it too, if I could get away with it. It's that smarmy little shit-eating smirk he gets on his face after he gets by with something dirty that pisses me off. If Bruce got fined for kicking Ray in that game, Ray should have certainly been chastised for what led up to the kick. But, that ain't gonna happen. Bruce has the right attitude. Water under the bridge. Let it go and move on.

nkdlunch
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Allen is sounding like that bitch Kwame Brown, hinting he would actually get in a physical fight, when he knows damn well Bowen would beat him to a bloddy pulp.

Hook Dem
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Something Spurs fans should not forget! Seattle comes to town April 11th and I'm sure Bruce has it circled on his calendar. The fans should hold Ray accountable for his whiny actions. The little bitch is gonna get his due!!!!!! Bruce will laugh last!

samikeyp
03-29-2006, 12:05 PM
2Cleva...you know that Kobe himself said that the toughest defender for him is Bruce Bowen right?

Spurminator
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
:lmao

Wow... Allen continues his ascent towards NBA's Biggest Douche status.

T Park
03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Ascent?

He hasn't reached that yet??

Who is a bigger douche bag than him!??!?

polandprzem
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
:lmao at Allen

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
What a wuss.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Weird how intentionally kicking someone in the back doesn't warrant a suspension by the NBA league office...

cecil collins
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Allen is sounding like that bitch Kwame Brown, hinting he would actually get in a physical fight, when he knows damn well Bowen would beat him to a bloddy pulp.
ARe you saying that Gilbert Arenas would be able to beat up Kwame Brown?

foodie2
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
And yet...at the end of the day, RayRay is going to be sitting on his punk ass watching the playoffs on TV. That is the thought that keeps me going.

nkdlunch
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
ARe you saying that Gilbert Arenas would be able to beat up Kwame Brown?

most definitely. Kwame is the biggest bitch in #1 draft pick history

2Cleva
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
2Cleva...you know that Kobe himself said that the toughest defender for him is Bruce Bowen right?

I recall him giving Eric Snow that credit, not Bowen but he may have.

Vizzini
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Allen dropped a dime

Would it have been better if he had dropped a duece instead?

tlongII
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Bowen's a hack.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Allen is a fucking pussy everyone knows this. Bruce shouldn't have done that, but Allen cries like a girl about everthing

sa_butta
03-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Everyone knows how Bowen locks people up. He will always be watched more closely. Also I agree with the fine, they have to set a standard. Ray Allen is a cry baby, but he is not going to go away and neither is Bruce. So they both will have to just deal with it.

Phenomanul
03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Weird how intentionally kicking someone in the back doesn't warrant a suspension by the NBA league office...

Yeah because we all know Bruce was trying to bloody Allen up....

They know of the feud between the two.

Bowen apologized. Allen snitched like the baby he is. Stu got Rasheed off the hook when he busted Okur's head no??

leemajors
03-29-2006, 06:11 PM
i agree it was weak for allen to make that call to stu, but how is that snitching? everyone saw it and it's on tape, and bruce got a tech for it. it's not like he took some candy from a store and only ray allen saw him.

Obstructed_View
03-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Bowen should have fuckin' better known better.

gospursgojas
03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C003B27DBBC7D1E?brand=spurs

April 11

Spurologist
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
what a bitch

texbumTHElife
03-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Couldnt this actually be considered tampering by both Stu Jackson and Ray Allen? I think the NBA should ban all Player/Referee interactions outside of the game settings.

samikeyp
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
tex...your sig kicks ass! :)

texbumTHElife
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
tex...your sig kicks ass! :)

Not as much as your avatar ;)

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah because we all know Bruce was trying to bloody Allen up....

They know of the feud between the two.

Bowen apologized. Allen snitched like the baby he is. Stu got Rasheed off the hook when he busted Okur's head no??

What does an apology have to do with anything? Or drawing blood? The key to any suspension is INTENT.

And them having a history is more of an argument for a suspension...

It doesn't make much sense that you can kick or throw a vicious elbow intentionally and stay in the game, but accidentally throw the ball in the stands and it's an automatic ejection...

BTW, Sheed should have been suspended as well.

LakerHater0823
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Man let it go. Bruce was fined, Ray is a pussy nothing else to say. haha

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
i agree it was weak for allen to make that call to stu, but how is that snitching? everyone saw it

Lee, you answered your own question. This is the NBA, and Allen went and fucking tattled on Bowen? Are you kidding me? Why is Ray upset about the fine? I guess Bowen should have been put in timeout for 30 minutes or made to stay after school and write out "I will not kick the whiny cunt" on the board 500 times.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-29-2006, 07:46 PM
It doesn't make much sense that you can kick or throw a vicious elbow intentionally and stay in the game, but accidentally throw the ball in the stands and it's an automatic ejection.

Hmm, a pro athlete getting an elbow, and treating it as part of the game, or a fan getting hit in the head and sueing.

Now why would the league handle one differently... Hmmm.

Phenomanul
03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
i agree it was weak for allen to make that call to stu, but how is that snitching? everyone saw it and it's on tape, and bruce got a tech for it. it's not like he took some candy from a store and only ray allen saw him.

From the article, it seems as though Stu hadn't seen the game footage yet... and Ray was like, "hurry up and see it, but first let me tell you what happened...."

Yeah you have a point, but in my book this is still snitching... :hat

Phenomanul
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
What does an apology have to do with anything? Or drawing blood? The key to any suspension is INTENT.

And them having a history is more of an argument for a suspension...

It doesn't make much sense that you can kick or throw a vicious elbow intentionally and stay in the game, but accidentally throw the ball in the stands and it's an automatic ejection...

BTW, Sheed should have been suspended as well.

My 3 year old cousins can hit me harder than Ray Allen was pushed...

Yes I said pushed...

Even though the contact was made with the foot, I don't consider what Bruce did as a kick. It definitely sent the message of 'get off of me' and it was a bad decision by Bowen. Nevertheless, articles stating Bruce "kicked" Allen are just adding drama to the headline.

Now Wally Sczerbiak... he knows what it's like to get kicked by Bowen, albeit on that occasion Bowen had no intent of kicking him.

boutons_
03-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Ray confirms his status as a whiny, little bitch, immediately trying to hustle/influence Stu into punishing Bruce.

Horry For 3!
03-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Ray Allen tonight 0 for 9

SoCalSpursFan
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
*burns his 'He Got Game' DVD*

Horry For 3!
03-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Ray Allen tonight 0 for 9
1-12 at half

LilMissSPURfect
03-29-2006, 10:59 PM
how does that saying go....

the poor get poorer and the bitch get bitchier!!!!!!
someone buy the cunt some balls!

leemajors
03-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Lee, you answered your own question. This is the NBA, and Allen went and fucking tattled on Bowen? Are you kidding me? Why is Ray upset about the fine? I guess Bowen should have been put in timeout for 30 minutes or made to stay after school and write out "I will not kick the whiny cunt" on the board 500 times.

dude already knew he kicked him, i just don't see how it's snitching or tattling. he cried to mommy for sure, but i am arguing semantics for no reason. i do think it's odd a player could have influence over another's discipline from the league office, friends or not. also, ray thought the fine was just right. rashard lewis is the one who said he should have been suspended.

sprrs
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I recall him giving Eric Snow that credit, not Bowen but he may have.

Kobe's said several times that Bruce guards him the toughest, I'd look an article but I'm lazy so you'll just have to take our word for it :rolleyes