PDA

View Full Version : FA - Bernard Robinson

Spurminator
03-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone know anything about this guy?

He's done well for the Bobcats in limited opportunities... He filled in for Gerald Wallace while he was injured and has been awarded a lot of minutes now that Wallace is back.

From what I can tell, he's pretty under-the-radar right now, and I would think he could be bought pretty cheap. He's 6-6 so he doesn't really qualify as the "Long 3" we want, but I'm curious about whether he could fill other needs (beyond the need for a "Robinson" on the roster).

From what I can gather on my own, he's definitely a slasher more than a shooter. He also has a high rate of Steals, but I'm curious if that says anything about him defensively.

Bruno
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't know him but is he really better than Linton Johnson ?

Signing a more talented player like Dermarr Johnson or a younger player seems to be a better idea for me.
Spurs will have a second round pick this summer. A player like Bobby Jones can be a good target.

JamStone
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Above average athlete. Long arms. good handle for a wing player. Decent slasher. Plays hard on defense. Generally makes good decisions.

Solid in all aspects of the game. Spectacular at none.

Has an awkward shooting form. At least from what I remember of him at the University of Michigan, he did not have consistent range on his jumper.

He's definitely not a leader and not a star. But, he could be a nice role player in the right situation and if he improves his his game. He should really work on his shooting, more specifically his long range shooting, if he wants to stay in the league.

theMUHMEshow
03-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Above average athlete. Long arms. good handle for a wing player. Decent slasher. Plays hard on defense. Generally makes good decisions.

Solid in all aspects of the game. Spectacular at none.

Has an awkward shooting form. At least from what I remember of him at the University of Michigan, he did not have consistent range on his jumper.

He's definitely not a leader and not a star. But, he could be a nice role player in the right situation and if he improves his his game. He should really work on his shooting, more specifically his long range shooting, if he wants to stay in the league.

Basically sums it up...I like his ability on the defensive end...He just needs to develope a jumper

ChumpDumper
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I imagine if he's any good Bernie would keep him.