PDA

View Full Version : Assuming W@Clips was turning the corner...

boutons_
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
... I can see the Spurs winning all the rest :

Mar
Thu 30 @ L.A. Lakers

Apr

Sat 1 Washington

Tue 4 @ Utah
Wed 5 Sacramento

Fri 7 Dallas

Sun 9 Memphis

Tue 11 Seattle

Thu 13 Orlando

Sun 16 @ Minnesota
Mon 17 Utah

Wed 19 @ Houst

... still 2 x B2B's remaining but with both 2nd games @ATT.

(http://www.nba.com/rockets)
... AKA 66 - 16 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

====================

My two 3' x 5' Spurs flags on the front of my house got old, ripped in the wind, so they'll be replaced next week.

My 4 Spurs Championship window flags going back on the car.

Go Spurs Go

JamStone
03-29-2006, 02:48 PM
If Spurs win out, they will probably get HCA throughout the playoffs. I think the Pistons will lose at least 2 games, and more likely 3 or 4 of their last 12.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2006, 02:55 PM
boutons with a positive post? Get your money out of the market now.

boutons_
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm not happy til Pop's happy, and he ain't happy, yet.

If the corner has been turned finally, it's coming very late this season.

101A
03-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Is this the first time you Doom & Gloomers have actually LOOKED at the schedule? Several have been saying this for months. April is a cake-walk.

boutons_
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
all predictions, SPAM, whatever, were homer bullshit due to the way Tim's PF was limiting him earlier. All bets were off.

The most exciting, promising aspect of the last few games has been Timmy's very apparent speed, mobility, bounciness, energy. He's playing like he's got a weight lifted from his shoulders. You can see it in his body language, on his face, and in his stats.

TiMVP is back!

austinfan
03-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Hmm...I can see us dropping the Memphis game and one of the two second games of the b2bs--maybe Utah.

But yes, Tim seems to be in a different space now--hasn't he gone something like 20-10 in the last three games? I can't remember the last time he put three consecutive games together where he scored 20 or better. Not, at least, since December or January.

T Park
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Timmy's very apparent speed, mobility, bounciness, energy

I think the PF had stopped bothering him about the last game against the Clippers in LA.

Its also been a combination of him not giving a shit about worthless games from November through March.

Robert Horry has rubbed off on him in that respect.

Tue 4 @ Utah
Wed 5 Sacramento

Sun 16 @ Minnesota
Mon 17 Utah

This IMO is the key stretch.

If they can win, both games, of the B2Bs, then this team is prime for a run through the playoffs.

This team can win out.

But, I expect them to lose 1 or 2 more and thats it.

64 18 65 17

who would've thunk that those records would be below our expectations....

BigVee
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
It will be interesting to see how hard Pop pushes if the Spurs ever get to the point of securing HCA v. everyone. Frankly, I have a hard time seeing the Spurs making up 3 games on the Pistons.

Solid D
03-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Even if the Spurs were to win all their games, the Pistons would have to lose 3 for the Spurs to have HCA throughout. Remember the Pistons beat the Spurs twice, so they have the tie-breaker.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

In the event two or more teams are tied in the standings, a series of tiebreakers are applied to determine which team receives the higher seeding.
Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage in conference games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker
1. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
2. Highest winning percentage in conference games
3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

boutons_
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
All hope Finals HCA went down the tubes with the Ls vs Nuggs and Sonics, maybe even earlier vs Lakers and Clips.

With just the Nuggs and Sonics Ls as Ws, we'd have a chance worth fighting for.