PDA

View Full Version : Would Kevin Garnett look good in a Spurs uniform?

ColoradoSpursFan
03-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I doubt that it would be a reality - would it make sense for the Spurs to pursue KG?

I know TD is our franchise - but it would be like the twin towers all over again.

ChumpDumper
03-29-2006, 06:45 PM
We would pursue it, no question.

There is also no question we wouldn't get him.

samikeyp
03-29-2006, 07:08 PM
yes.

T Park
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
an idiot would say no.

Mark in Austin
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Danny Ainge should be all over Minny this offseason. Pierce + Jefferson + draft pick(s) for Garnett would be about the best offer I think Minny would get if he demanded a trade.

I'd love to see the look on Wally-world's face when they announce that trade, though... :lol

ColoradoSpursFan
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Is it worth trading Timmy?

Let the flaming begin.....

mavsfan1000
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
no

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2006, 09:00 PM
He would fit perfectly, if he decided to take less millions.

midgetonadonkey
03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
I say we offer Melvin Sanders, Finley, and a 2nd rounder. If they don't take that then Minny can go fuck themselves.

zocool16
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
im an idiot, hell no he wouldnt look good in a spurs uniform lol

ALVAREZ6
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3265/kgspurs0yg.png

He would be #211

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
it will probaly cost us our backcourt, no way. if they want our bench, oh hell yeh they can have it. tHEN we will be over the cap for 2-3 years, but i reckon with the garnet jerseys sold and full house will probaly cover the lux tax.

ReppinTheD
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Ekersha299/kgspur.jpg

ehhh

ShoogarBear
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
^giving him that # is sacrilege

T Park
03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Give him 12.

Dre_7
03-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Finley, Manu, Barry, Beno for KG.

No idea if that works, but I can dream cant it.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
The Wolves would want Tony and Manu, plus some other players.

Would you want KG if you had to give up both of them?

Dre_7
03-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Hell yeah!

Leetonidas
03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Tim and KG = Championships for years. Won't happen, but it would OWN.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Not both. But I thought this was a fantasy thread.

Dre_7
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Beno
Finley
Bowen
KG
TD

Bench: Barry, Rasho, Nazr(?), others

WOW!

texasqb2
03-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I think it's in Finley's contract that we cannot trade him

SenorSpur
03-29-2006, 10:28 PM

Hell no! Garnett makes too much damn money. In fact, he makes more money than Tim. You bring Garnett here and you'd have two twin towers and "nothing" around them.

SouthernFried
03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
No, I wouldn't give up Tony or Manu for KG.

The only sensible trade for Min., would be a straight up for Duncan...they play the same position. And I wouldn't do that either.

Basketball is about a LOT more than one superstar. Ask Kobe, Iverson...KG.

Dre_7
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Basketball is about a LOT more than one superstar. Ask Kobe, Iverson...KG.

But KG+TD would be more than one superstar. That would be a dynasty!

T Park
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Duncan and Garnett next to each other would be morbid.

Trifecta
03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I'd rather wait for Chris Bosh to become an FA an pursue him from Toronto.

He's younger and just as athletic!

ducks
03-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I would trade manu for kg not tp
BECAUSE tp is younger and not as injury prone. I also think once manu's contract is out he will not be the the player spurs say in last year playoffs

Warlord23
03-29-2006, 11:29 PM
^^Ducks, is there a player in the L that you'd give up TP for?

spurs=bling
03-29-2006, 11:31 PM

NO

nkdlunch
03-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Fuck no. Garnett would stain the sacred Spurs uniforms with snot and tears

T-Pain
03-30-2006, 12:12 AM
it wouldnt be a good idea to pursue KG cuz hes gonna want millions

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 12:20 AM
So you all are telling me that a healthy Duncan next to KG with shooters like Fin, Beno, Barry, Bowen, and whoever they sign for the bench (GRob) would not be better than what we have? How could teams double? You double Tim, KG is the scorer, and vice versa. That would be a dynasty!

Leetonidas
03-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Hell no! Garnett makes too much damn money. In fact, he makes more money than Tim. You bring Garnett here and you'd have two twin towers and "nothing" around them.

You don't need anything around them. You could put 3 random people from this forum on the floor with Duncan and Garnett and the Spurs would still win.

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 12:39 AM
You don't need anything around them. You could put 3 random people from this forum on the floor with Duncan and Garnett and the Spurs would still win.

Beno, Barry, Finley, and Bowen isnt "nothing." Plus, if they ended up trading TP and Manu, they would pick up some bench players. Ie the Big Dog, Spree, etc.

Think about it. Starting five of:
1. Beno
2. Finley
3. Bowen
4. KG
5. Duncan

Bench of Barry, Rasho, Oberto, Nazr(?), Horry(?), Whichever foreign guy SA owns the rights to and feels like bringin in, and Big Dog or Spree.

^^^ That roster would be UNSTOPABLE!!

Trainwreck2100
03-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Beno, Barry, Finley, and Bowen isnt "nothing." Plus, if they ended up trading TP and Manu, they would pick up some bench players. Ie the Big Dog, Spree, etc.

Think about it. Starting five of:
1. Beno
2. Finley
3. Bowen
4. KG
5. Duncan

Bench of Barry, Rasho, Oberto, Nazr(?), Horry(?), Whichever foreign guy SA owns the rights to and feels like bringin in, and Big Dog or Spree.

^^^ That roster would be UNSTOPABLE!!

'Cept it would be really old and probably only give one good year, you trade Manu and TP, you trade the future

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 01:05 AM
'Cept it would be really old and probably only give one good year, you trade Manu and TP, you trade the future

Sorry, Manu is not the future. Plus, when Duncan retires SA wont be winning many titles right away. So I say, win NOW, while Duncan is in his prime. That team would give SA 2-6 more rings. That would be SWEET!!

Pablo Escobar
03-30-2006, 01:55 AM
it would be nice

T-Pain
03-30-2006, 01:58 AM
it would be nice

hey i thought u were dead

Sweetmelody
03-30-2006, 01:58 AM

No way!

Pablo Escobar
03-30-2006, 02:00 AM
so did the feds

T-Pain
03-30-2006, 02:09 AM
so did the feds

hook me up :smokin

Slomo
03-30-2006, 03:41 AM
^^^ That roster would be UNSTOPABLE!!I believe that's exactly what have been said about the 2004 Wolves, and we all know how that ended...

Back to topic: On pure basketball skills and athletism, it's a no brainer.

but... (and you knew this was coming)

Giving up TP and Manu for KG make me cringe, KG has so far only proven one thing - he can destroy any team chemistry with his behaviour. For KG to become a part of the Spurs, would mean that he would have to change his attitude so much that I really can not see it happening. How long to you think he would accept the position where TD is the team leader? (and I want TD to be the team leader - KG as leader is ring kryptonite).

Dario
03-30-2006, 05:00 AM
That lineups wouldn't work for a long time. Spurs won rings because they were very deep, if someone plays like crap for 2 weeks others step in. Just like lakers nowadays with LO and Kobe. They cant play whole 82 games+playoffs like its game 7 of the finals.
Anyway, KG probably makes same or more money than manu and tony together and they produce much more together than he does.

polandprzem
03-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Duncan and Garnett next to each other would be morbid.

And Kobe , Shaq, Payot and Malone twice as morbid

Btw Bowen have #12 so :flipoff KG

Dre_7
03-30-2006, 06:12 AM
I believe that's exactly what have been said about the 2004 Wolves, and we all know how that ended...

Back to topic: On pure basketball skills and athletism, it's a no brainer.

but... (and you knew this was coming)

Giving up TP and Manu for KG make me cringe, KG has so far only proven one thing - he can destroy any team chemistry with his behaviour. For KG to become a part of the Spurs, would mean that he would have to change his attitude so much that I really can not see it happening. How long to you think he would accept the position where TD is the team leader? (and I want TD to be the team leader - KG as leader is ring kryptonite).

Whats wrong with his attitude?

zeleni
03-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Whats wrong with his attitude?

He is selfless, diehard player who gets titles couse he understands the game... And still he is a loser uncompared? Yes, the problem is in his attitude.

He forces himself to be clutch (and he is not). He forces a game around himself (and he can't handle that). He wants players around him to be tough (and he isn't). Issues in bulk, I'd say.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-30-2006, 06:43 AM
That'd be really funny if Manu and Tony eliminate KG and Duncan from the playoffs. Timberwolves Dynasty.

baseline bum
03-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Call me stupid, but I'd never want to break up TD, TP, and Manu. They have 2 titles in the 3 years they've been together, and they don't look to be slowing up at all. I think I'd rather cheer for these guys than anyone else in the league. I wouldn't trade Tim for LeBron, I'd never consider Man + TP for Kobe, and I'd sure as hell hate Manu+TP for KG. I can't imagine cheering for anyone else.

velik_m
03-30-2006, 07:45 AM
just for fun:
manu+rasho+oberto for kg works
if barry for jr+macas is still on, and nazr doesn't resign and we sign one of the Euro bigs - for example Javtokas

the spurs would be:
Duncan/KG/Bowen/Finley/TP
bench:
Javtokas/Horry/Macijauskas/JR/Beno + fodder

of course Spurs would be in luxury tax, but the team does look "decently" deep+young...

...goes to hide from argentine mafia ;)

smdanss
03-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Is it worth trading Timmy?

Let the flaming begin.....
1. If he can reduce salary,
2. If the trade doesn't involve any of Tim, Manu, Tony or Bruce,
then we should get him.
But the Timblworves won't do.

manubili
03-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Nowadays Manu and Tony altoghether are way more important than Timmy alone for the spurs. Trade them and you got no serious ballhandlers. Matching mega superstars don't work. Look what happened to the twin towers.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Call me stupid, but I'd never want to break up TD, TP, and Manu. They have 2 titles in the 3 years they've been together, and they don't look to be slowing up at all. I think I'd rather cheer for these guys than anyone else in the league. I wouldn't trade Tim for LeBron, I'd never consider Man + TP for Kobe, and I'd sure as hell hate Manu+TP for KG. I can't imagine cheering for anyone else.

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu i agree! :elephant :elephant

kalikot_boy_kr
03-30-2006, 08:40 AM
without them(td-manu-tp-) you are suck! :elephant

CosmicCowboy
03-30-2006, 08:59 AM
uhhh....Garnett makes 20 mil a year and is under contract through '09. He's not going anywhere.

Jimcs50
03-30-2006, 09:27 AM
ESPN is reporting that KG is headed for Dallas or the Lakers.

CubanMustGo
03-30-2006, 09:29 AM
For what it's worth, the Wolves owner says he's not gonna trade KG:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2389608

MINNEAPOLIS - While Kevin Garnett appears to be growing increasingly impatient with the direction of the Minnesota Timberwolves, owner Glen Taylor says he can't envision a scenario where he would trade the team's only star.

"I do not see that as a possibility," Taylor said Wednesday night before the Timberwolves played the Orlando Magic. "As I stand here, I just don't see a possibility that makes sense."

Speculation about Garnett's future, much of it completely baseless, has swirled for most of the season.

The former MVP has spent his entire 11 seasons in Minnesota and never once has asked for a trade or even hinted at wanting to leave the only organization he's known.

But the rumors ramped up again this week after Garnett spoke out Sunday following a close win over the New York Knicks. He said after that game that he didn't want to go through another "rebuilding" season.

However, he also said he had faith in Taylor to make the right moves in the offseason to turn around a team that will almost assuredly miss the playoffs for a second straight year after making the Western Conference finals in 2004.

"I don't want to go through this any more," Garnett said. "I think I'm more deserving of a better team and I think the city's more deserving of a better team, coming in here having something that's going to be competitive and having us getting back to the Western Conference finals.

"But I do know you just can't blink and it's going to happen; you have to actually spend the time and effort. So, we'll see."

In the days that have followed, Garnett's coach and teammates have said the team's unquestioned leader was merely conveying the frustration they all felt.

And on Wednesday night, Taylor said he wasn't surprised by Garnett's comments, and that he has made similar statements to the owner in private conversations this year.

"He is very, very competitive and wants to win," Taylor said.

One of the things that has hindered Taylor from assembling the cast to support Garnett is the superstar's huge contract. Garnett makes $18 million this season, eating up a sizable chunk of the salary cap.

"It makes it difficult, but no more difficult than it has been in the past," Taylor said. "It won't make it impossible."

Taylor has decided to swallow hard and spend more money in the past, getting veterans Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell two years ago. It worked the first year, when they helped Garnett win the MVP award and the Timberwolves had the best record in the West during the regular season.

But things started falling apart last year, and the team missed the playoffs for the first time since 1995-96.

The going has been even tougher this season. The Timberwolves entered the night at 29-41 and have been unable to jell after a major midseason trade with Boston that brought four new players -- Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks and Justin Reed -- here and sent Wally Szczerbiak and Michael Olowokandi to the Celtics.

With Garnett turning 30 in May, he isn't getting any younger. And he made it clear on Sunday that he wants things to change.

And Taylor said he welcomes Garnett's ideas.

"I have always valued his input," Taylor said. "He has not surprised me with any of his comments."

ShoogarBear
03-30-2006, 09:33 AM
ESPN is reporting that KG is headed for Dallas or the Lakers.

If Jim says it, then he's a Wolve for life, guaranteed.

Jimcs50
03-30-2006, 09:38 AM
If Jim says it, then he's a Wolve for life, guaranteed.

I swear that is what was reported yesterday on ESPN radio.

I just report the news, I do not make the news.

It makes perfect sense, if you think about it.

GoSpurs21
03-30-2006, 09:40 AM
most here dont understand that with both Kevin and Tim making max salaries they would be taking up 1/2 of the cap room. There is no money left to put quality players around the two so no championships

TOP_MODEL_M
03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd never trade 2 allstar spurs players for one, whatever the names.
And Timmy I wouldn't trade for the starting 5 of the Pistons or any other team.

MoSpur
03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
I would like to see KG and TD together, but I would want to hold onto TP. I might be ok with letting Manu go. You can't duplicate a Manu, but you can someone that plays his position and be almost as good, which would be ok because you have TD, KG, and TP still. SA would kill Pop and RC, but hey you will get a few more rings out of it. LOL

SAGambler
03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Why would anyone want to trade for a used up Garnett?
Personally, I just don't see it.

Who are the top two teams in the NBA? Detroit and Spurs.
How many superstars do you count among them? 1 and he's not even a healthy superstar.

It's all about chemistry and understanding roles. Not about how many superstars you have on a team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I swear that is what was reported yesterday on ESPN radio.

I just report the news, I do not make the news.

It makes perfect sense, if you think about it.

:lol

Jim shouldn't inhale so much nitrous when no one's around.

SAGambler
03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
But since we have a "wish list" going.

Could we please have AK47 in a Spurs uniform?

Texas_Ranger
03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
No,no,no and no.Spurs really dont need KG if there is Duncan. :nope :nope

GO SPURS GO

CubanMustGo
03-30-2006, 02:44 PM
But since we have a "wish list" going.

Could we please have AK47 in a Spurs uniform?

AK47 in a Spurs uni would be sweet, but why would Utah trade away their one true stud? Or, said another way, who would the Spurs have to give to get him? Prolly the aforementioned TP & MG combo. No thanks.

He's also locked up through at least 2011, makes $12M next year escalating to close to $18M by 2011.

ALVAREZ6
03-30-2006, 06:05 PM

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu i agree! :elephant :elephant
:tu :tu :tu

this is my new favorite poster

TDMVPDPOY
03-30-2006, 07:18 PM
apparently KG is to expensive to hire as a ballboy or waterboy, i dont see him wearin a spurs shirt in this lifetime.

ducks
03-30-2006, 07:23 PM
^^Ducks, is there a player in the L that you'd give up TP for?
I give up tp for duncan :elephant :elephant :elephant

Josh_Huntz
03-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Kg Is Comming To La!

thekingrobert
03-30-2006, 10:47 PM
well while we are at it can I have an order of Lebron James

ducks
07-08-2006, 06:16 PM
kg to lakers not

SenorSpur
07-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Why does this subject keep coming up?

sanman53
07-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Who wouldnt look good in a Spurs uni?

I say:
Karl Malone
Shaq

lovespurs forever
07-08-2006, 07:12 PM
For what it's worth, the Wolves owner says he's not gonna trade KG:

poor man
Next week,he's going to make a ADIDAS show in China.

spurs=bling
07-08-2006, 07:14 PM
im an idiot, FUCK NO!!!.

Kori Ellis
07-08-2006, 08:05 PM
There's already a KG thread (for the second time). No reason to bump this one.