PDA

View Full Version : Representative Cynthia McKinney-DEMOCRAT Punches Police Officer, on video.

Murphy
03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=77991

McKinney Allegedly Punches Cop
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 3/29/2006 8:36:27 PM

According to sources on Capitol Hill, U.S. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) punched a Capitol police officer on Wednesday afternoon after he mistakenly pursued her for failing to pass through a metal detector.

Members of Congress are not required to pass through metal detectors.

Sources say that the officer was at a position in the Longworth House Office Building, and neither recognized McKinney, nor saw her credentials as she went around the metal detector.

The officer called out, “Ma’am, Ma’am,” and walked after her in an attempt to stop her. When he caught McKinney, he grabbed her by the arm.

Witnesses say McKinney pulled her arm away, and with her cell phone in hand, punched the officer in the chest.

McKinney’s office has not responded to requests for comment.

According to the Drudge Report, the entire incident is on tape.

Drudge continues, "The cop is pressing charges, and the USCP (United States Capitol Police) are waiting until Congress adjurns to arrest her, a source claims."

No charges have been filed. Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider says that senior officials have been made aware of the incident and are investigating.

A statement attributed to McKinney has been released on the Internet, where she allegedly claims to have been harassed by Capitol Hill Police.

The statement's writer says that she has been harassed by white police officers she says do not recognize her due to her recently changed hairstyle.

"Do I have to contact the police every time I change my hairstyle? How do we account for the fact that when I wore my braids every day for 11 years, I still faced this problem, primarily from certain white police officers," the statement says.

The writer details the incident, saying, "I was rushing to my meeting when a white police officer yelled to me. He approached me, bodyblocked me, physically touching me. I used my arm to get him off of me. I told him not to touch me several times. He asked for my ID and I showed it to him. He then let me go and I proceeded to my meeting and I assume that the Police Officer resumed his duties. I have counseled with the Sergeant-at-Arms and Acting Assistant Chief Thompson several times before and counseled with them again on today's incident. I offered also to counsel with the offending police officer."

Murphy's View: lets just say all the liberals will say: "Just cause she's black"

Oscar DeLa
03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't know what it is, but, Murphy is a flabby, witless conservative.

gtownspur
03-30-2006, 03:57 AM
I don't know what it is, but, Murphy is a flabby, witless conservative.

I dont know what it is, but you start every sentence with "I don't know what it is". All i know is that you are a piece of lint on my dick.

smeagol
03-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Members of Congress are not required to pass through metal detectors.
Why?

No charges have been filed.
Charges? That's funny

Murphy's View: lets just say all the liberals will say: "Just cause she's black"
Smeagol's view: Murphy's view is idiotic

T-Pain
03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
haha its Murphy's Law

Oh, Gee!!
03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
The officer called out, “Ma’am, Ma’am,” and walked after her in an attempt to stop her. When he caught McKinney, he grabbed her by the arm.

Witnesses say McKinney pulled her arm away, and with her cell phone in hand, punched the officer in the chest.

Good for her.

DarkReign
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Good for her.

Second that notion. Power-tripping uniforms piss me off.

Ask yourself a question, what kind of personality wants to be in law enforcement? I know 3 people who have become cops....they were all pricks who knew exactly what they wanted from the job...power.

Punch em in the face I say.

Nbadan
03-30-2006, 04:55 PM
It would have taken Mrs. McKinney just a few seconds to clear up this matter. She had her Congressional ID card with her, just not her pin. Patience next time Ms. McKinney, the officer was just doing his job, over-zealous? Who's to say?

RandomGuy
03-30-2006, 07:47 PM
I have seen both sides of the cop/black equation having friends in both groups who distrust the other.

Usually in these cases it is both sides getting their back up over very little, and I would say the same in this case. The cop was probably overzealous, and the congresswoman was probably a bit over-defensive.

gtownspur
03-31-2006, 02:07 AM
It would have taken Mrs. McKinney just a few seconds to clear up this matter. She had her Congressional ID card with her, just not her pin. Patience next time Ms. McKinney, the officer was just doing his job, over-zealous? Who's to say?

wow!!!

i agree with you once again. :smokin

Nbadan
03-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Ok..now this incident is getting out of hand...

McKinney Cancels News Conference

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Capitol Hill police plan to issue an arrest warrant today for Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.).

The warrant is related to the incident Wednesday when McKinney allegedly slapped a Capitol Hill police officer.

Charges could range from assault on a police officer, which is a felony carrying a possible five year prison term, to simple assault, which is a misdeamenor.

McKinney has canceled a news conference that she had scheduled for this morning to discuss the incident.

WSB TV (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/8343403/detail.html)

Can you say someone has control issues? This isn't about a little shoving incident anymore, this is about getting Cindy McKinney.

jochhejaam
03-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok..now this incident is getting out of hand...

Can you say someone has control issues? This isn't about a little shoving incident anymore, this is about getting Cindy McKinney.

I can't imagine Ms. McKinney thought that there would be no consequences for punching or slapping (whatever it is she did) an Officer.
I wouldn't get away with and neither should she.

She'll more than likely get the lightest sentence.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Good for her.

Yeah, I'd love to see you try that with a cop.

How hard would it have been to show your ID? Come on...

I don't think it's about getting Cindy McKinney, I think it's about proving a point.

Nbadan
03-31-2006, 02:25 PM
I can't imagine Ms. McKinney thought that there would be no consequences for punching or slapping (whatever it is she did) an Officer.
I wouldn't get away with and neither should she.

She'll more than likely get the lightest sentence.

Technically, when the officer grabbed her arm that could be constitued as 'battery', unless I am mistaken. So the officer should have been charged as well.

Oh, Gee!!
03-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Technically, when the officer grabbed her arm that could be constitued as 'battery', unless I am mistaken. So the officer should have been charged as well.

that would never work. Cops have to touch people to arrest them.

Oh, Gee!!
03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see you try that with a cop.

How hard would it have been to show your ID? Come on...

I don't think it's about getting Cindy McKinney, I think it's about proving a point.

I would never do it myself, but when a cop gets slapped around a little bit, I find it amusing.

jochhejaam
03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I would think that Officers have some leeway especially in confronting someone that had evaded a metal detector (not having to go through the detector is irrelevant if he didn't know who she was).
I'm just speculating myself. It would be nice to see the video.

xrayzebra
03-31-2006, 03:20 PM

This was the the first incident involving this
"lady" and the security folks at the Capitol. She
has a chip on her shoulder about anyone telling
her, the Congress"lady" what she is allowed to
do and not do. But she will win, she is a dimm,
black and a congressperson.

smeagol
04-02-2006, 05:34 PM
This was the the first incident involving this
"lady" and the security folks at the Capitol. She
has a chip on her shoulder about anyone telling
her, the Congress"lady" what she is allowed to
do and not do. But she will win, she is a dimm,
black and a congressperson.
Would you be critizicing her if she was white and Republican?

I didn't think so . . .

boutons_
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Arrest Warrant Sought for Rep. McKinney

By LAURIE KELLMAN
The Associated Press
Monday, April 3, 2006; 6:12 PM

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Capitol Police on Monday sought an arrest warrant for Rep. Cynthia McKinney after she tangled with a uniformed officer last week. A spokesman for U.S. Attorney Kenneth L. Wainstein said he was reviewing the merits of the case.

"We are working with Capitol Hill police to fully understand and appreciate the incident," principal assistant U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Neither Phillips nor the police department would say what charge was being sought against the six-term Democrat or when any warrant for her arrest might be issued.

In a statement, Capitol Police said it "has referred its investigative findings to the U.S. attorney." Filing such an affidavit is the first step in obtaining an arrest warrant. Only if Wainstein approves the affidavit can Capitol Police officials ask a judge to issue the arrest warrant.

McKinney spokesman Coz Carson acknowledged the investigation.

"We're aware that the wheels are turning in Washington," Carson said. "We have no control over what they decide to do. We will make the appropriate statement and take the appropriate action once we know where they're going."

For her part, McKinney said she expects to represent her suburban Atlanta district for many years.

"Rest assured, I am doing the work they sent me to Washington to do. Nothing is going to keep me away from my responsibilities," McKinney told a crowd of supporters in Atlanta on Monday.

McKinney, 51, scuffled with a police officer on March 29 when she entered a House office building without her identifying lapel pin and did not stop when asked. Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified, asked her three times to stop. When she kept going, he placed a hand somewhere on her and she hit him, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

McKinney issued a statement of regret for the incident but no apology. She and her lawyers have repeatedly declared that she was a victim of inappropriate touching and racism and said they were considering pursuing civil action against the officer.

Asked Monday why she didn't stop as the uniformed officer asked, McKinney framed the matter in terms of race.

"The issue is racial profiling," she said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

She and her attorneys have refused to say whether she hit the officer as alleged. James Myart Jr., her lawyer, suggested on the same program that McKinney acted in self-defense.

Black clergy and lawmakers came to the defense of the firebrand congresswoman on Monday. McKinney smiled as her supporters heaped praise on her leadership and her new look _ her trademark cornrows replaced earlier this year by a curly brown afro.

Her supporters tried to minimize the incident _ which they called political, not criminal _ but they also suggested it was an example of racial profiling. They called publicity surrounding the episode a distraction that is being used by "her enemies" to keep the congresswoman from performing her elected duties.

The Rev. Reverend Darrell D. Elligan, president of Concerned Black Clergy, called McKinney competent, courageous and committed.

"She has our support unconditionally," Elligan said. "She is not a threat to the security of our country."

___

Associated Press Writer Errin Haines contributed to this report from Atlanta.

___

On the Net:

Rep. Cynthia McKinney: http://www.house.gov/mckinney/

Concerned Black Clergy: http://www.concernedblackclergy.com/

Georgia Association of Black Elected Officials: http://www.gabeo.org/
© 2006 The Associated Press

jochhejaam
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
So she punched the officer because she was sure she was being racially profiled? :lol The lady's (and I use the term loosely) an utter fool!

It's sad when someone considers apologizing for a mistake a sign of weakness.
Book her!

Yonivore
04-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Would you be critizicing her if she was white and Republican?

I didn't think so . . .
If she were white and Republican and assaulted a Capitol Officer, yeah.

Yonivore
04-03-2006, 08:19 PM
You're mistaken. An officer can use the force necessary to effect an arrest. The Congresswoman evaded a security device at the Capitol. Then, she ignored commands by the officer to stop. Grabbing her by the arm is pretty tame compared to what an officer, at a high value terrorist target, could have done.

And, considering her relationship with Islamic extremists and CAIR, I'd say she's ripe for exploitation by a terroist organization.

I'm thinkin' he'd been justified to put a bullet in the back of her head if she'd of continued to flee. Just in case you forget, Teddy Kennedy was in that building and could possibly have been put as risk if a terrorist had evaded the security checkpoint and committed a terrorist act.

JoeChalupa
04-04-2006, 08:00 AM
She's wrong.

xrayzebra
04-04-2006, 08:59 AM
^^She had a makeover, didn't you hear, and the officer didn't recognize her, she
thinks. Her hair looked like she wet her finger, stuck it in an electrical socket and
everything stood on end. She must have the most intelligent constitutes in the
U.S. She is just a good old militant dimm-o-crap.

JoeChalupa
04-04-2006, 09:00 AM
She's wrong and Tom DeLay is just an old militant repugnut.

The name game is old. :rolleyes

xrayzebra
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, you want have Tom to kick around much longer. Says he is going to
resign in May or June. Happy now.

IX_Equilibrium
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
McKinney has always been a wack-job

JoeChalupa
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Well, you want have Tom to kick around much longer. Says he is going to
resign in May or June. Happy now.

Yes, I am. It wasn't me that screwed up.