PDA

View Full Version : C.Rosen on Nets as Spurs lite

doldrums
03-30-2006, 07:20 PM
The Nets are a solid squad. Except for Carter (and an occasional spinning drive by Jefferson), their effectiveness depends more on basics than on the spectacular. Unselfishness, good defense-to-offense transitions, and a tremendous work ethic make them a threat to venture deep into the playoffs.

What they lack is a dependable back-up for Kidd, a burly big man off the bench, and a substitute wingman who can create (and make) his own shots. What they are is San Antonio lite. Very lite.

SequSpur
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
And?

Leetonidas
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
WTF?

Sec24Row7
03-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Alamo Heights HS is San Antonio Ultra then...

yeahone
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM
lol

Darrin
03-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Wow. If I know Rosen, he wrote this to spark controversy. I have firmly believed that this Nets team is better than the squad that made it to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. However, the Eastern Conference landscape has changed considerably since 2002-03.

If I had to compare them to a team out west they are a better version of the current Sacramento Kings. The Kings defense is more concentrated, and the Nets have better playmakers, but in terms of the structure of their team they are the Kings, not the Spurs. That's not to say the Nets can't make some damage in the postseason. I think the current Kings would be a 4th or 5th seed if they had been together all season, and they are going to be able to avoid the Pistons until the Conference Finals.

JamStone
03-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I think the current Kings would be a 4th or 5th seed if they had been together all season, and they are going to be able to avoid the Pistons until the Conference Finals.

Being in the Western Conference, the Kings are going to be able to avoid the Pistons until the NBA Finals.

CubanMustGo
03-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Being in the Western Conference, the Kings are going to be able to avoid the Pistons until the NBA Finals.

Of what, 2020? :lol