PDA

View Full Version : Message from a diehard Pistons Fan

anthologyct
03-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Dear San Antonio Spurs Fans,

First, let me start off by saying that I'm a diehard Pistons fan. Second, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the San Antonio Spurs ..... no hate here. You guys are worthy Champions!

I've been combing through the forum for the last few days deciding whether or not to register. I finally decided to after I didn't encounter a single harsh word about my beloved Detroit Pistons. So, here I am.

That being said, you guys are classy fans ........... not like the Pacers and Heat fans. Heat fans are totally delusional in thinking they have somehow earned a right to a championship simply by gettin' Shaq. And if you go to the Pacers forum, you'll still here them goin' on about how much they hate Ben Wallace for crushing their championship hopes in the Ron Artest fiasco ........ whatever.

I recently re-watched, (for the first time), Game V of last year's finals. The battle that took place in that game .......... the level of offensive execution, and defensive intensity shown by both sides ........ it was something to see for a purist basketball fans. 2 teams playing at the very highest level. For as good as they are, the Suns, Pacers, Mavericks and Heat are incapable of playing at that level. The Spurs & Pistons will have some tough battles for sure. But nothing is stopping both teams from meeting in the Finals again this year.

And even though we whooped you guys somethin' good twice this year, and we'll probably have home court throughout, I'm not one of those homer fans that think its gonna be a sweep. It could go either way.

I'm lookin' forward to it, and purist basketball fans around the world are as well.

See y'all in June .......... it's gonna be a good one, (AGAIN!)

Hook Dem
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum! It's good to see level headed fans.

SequSpur
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey welcome to the forum. Don't worry, it will be over quickly this time.

Spurs in four.

:fro

Vinnie_Johnson
03-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Nice first post contine to show respect as we are just guests here on The Spurs Boards. Welcome aboard happy posting.

DDS4
03-30-2006, 07:39 PM
A few words of advice: Have thick skin.

Welcome.

doldrums
03-30-2006, 07:41 PM
More than half the teams have fans here on the board. Makes the discussions better. If you want to try a hater board, go to some Suns forums. They actually want to hurt players on other teams, esp the Spurs.

CubanMustGo
03-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Welcome. We tend to treat reasonable fans of other teams reasonably. Pistons fans seem to be more reasonable than most.

Does that seem reasonable? :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
03-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok, now the other cheek please.

Sasha
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Great post - and thanks for the kind words.

Welcome aboard!

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Jimcs50
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Nice post.

Welcome.

anthologyct
03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome. We tend to treat reasonable fans of other teams reasonably. Pistons fans seem to be more reasonable than most.

Does that seem reasonable? :lol

Hey, Pistons fans are reasonable, because we know what it means to want to be respected as champions, and to in turn give that respect to others. When we beat the Lakers, everybody said that the Lakers lost; Detroit didn't win. Thus, to a lot of so-called basketball fans, our championship was sorta tarnished. It's sad that we had to lose a championship in 7 games, in order to sorta garner the respect we should have gotten in the first place by being Defending Champions.

So when you guys beat us, I had to give you all the props. I'm not into that "What if sh*t", or any of that "Y'all were lucky because . . . . BS!"

Anyways, it took me about 2 weeks to get over that Game VII loss ..... it hurt like hell. I couldn't watch Sports Center for a few weeks, until the Spurs buzz finally went off the air. By the time this season started, the pain had subsided enough for me to watch the ring ceremony.

Anyways, I would wish y'all good luck tonight, (AND I REALLY MEAN THAT). But, the race for homecourt isn't quite over, we need at least another game up in the loss column to feel comfortable enough to really give our starters a rest. So tonight, I'll be rootin' for the Lakers. Y'all can forget about the Mavs catchin' you in the West ......they're about to fold!

See y'all in the Finals!

PM5K
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
It's true though, as close as last years Finals were, it could be just as close or closer, Tony has gotten better, our bench has as well, but you guys are in the drivers seat for HCA, and I'm sure your team has improved in some areas as well, and there will be different looks with Flip as your coach.

Should be an interesting Playoffs/Finals...

Leetonidas
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Finally, a non-troll. :)

Welcome.

anthologyct
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Nice first post contine to show respect as we are just guests here on The Spurs Boards. Welcome aboard happy posting.

'Sheed vs. Duncan is always great!

Billups vs. Parker, another good one.

Same with Bowen vs. Rip, and Tay vs. Ginobili

Ben vs. Nazr/Nesterovich ........ I don't know!

spurschick
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome!

CubanMustGo
Ben vs. Nazr/Nesterovich ........ I don't know!

Yah, that's usually our reaction to Nazr/Rasho. :depressed

Sec24Row7
Welcome

This is a great place to talk about basketball so long as you ignore the idiots.

(though I must say as far as idiots go this forum has a much lower % than other basketball forums)

In honor of one wallace :fro

And the other... :smokin

Hope you have a nice experience at Spurstalk.

bdubya
Yeah, the discourse here is a little more elevated than at, say, the MIA Herald site. ;) Tip - there's an "NBA News Forum" in the "Sports Message Boards" level (up top, there) - good place for non-Spurs b'ball talk (we're still laughing about the Dallas game there).

himat
03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Lebron just poured down 46 on the mavs to get them around 3 games back. If things go like they should I want to see if Tony will not dissapear like he has to the other top gaurds in the league. In the playoffs he doesn't do as well against the better pg's, but this is his best season yet so we'll see. I'm also eager to see how rasheed does because he shown extra spirit against the spurs this year. I don't care how great the mavs have done i'll be surprised if they beat the spurs.

Sec24Row7
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Tony has a semi consistent jumpshot now so he should be able to make teams pay for cheating and going under screens.

spurschick
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
While both teams have lost games here and there, I don't seen anyone that can hang with either the Spurs or the Pistons in a seven game series.

ALVAREZ6
03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Good first post!

These are the kind of fans we need here.

anthologyct
03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Lebron just poured down 46 on the mavs to get them around 3 games back. If things go like they should I want to see if Tony will not dissapear like he has to the other top gaurds in the league. In the playoffs he doesn't do as well against the better pg's, but this is his best season yet so we'll see. I'm also eager to see how rasheed does because he shown extra spirit against the spurs this year. I don't care how great the mavs have done i'll be surprised if they beat the spurs.

How well with the Mavs do against the Spurs? I give them 1 game; 2 games TOPS.

Duncan has nightmares about 'Sheed!

'Sheed has nightmares about Horry!

Parkers better ........... but I don't think he's at the level of Billups quite yet. I mean, come on ........ he's French!

bdubya
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I want to see if Tony will not dissapear like he has to the other top gaurds in the league.

Parker? That Tony? The one who's leading in points in the paint? Which are the kind of points the Pistons have been giving up in bunches this year?

Yeah, I want to see if he'll disappear too....

JamStone
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Too much mushy love making in this thread.

Spurs suck!

Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll ...

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
werd

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Spurs suck!

Looks like you're only contributing to the problem. :hat

samikeyp
03-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Welcome. Nice to see another good Piston fan.

yeahone
03-30-2006, 09:22 PM
welcome aboard you were the last pick up on the championship ride

my2sons
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Spurs suck!

Thanks for bringing back a little trash...

I guess its better to be a piston (pissed in) fan than to be a pissed on fan :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

x0xbillupsx0x
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Dear San Antonio Spurs Fans,

First, let me start off by saying that I'm a diehard Pistons fan. Second, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the San Antonio Spurs ..... no hate here. You guys are worthy Champions!

I've been combing through the forum for the last few days deciding whether or not to register. I finally decided to after I didn't encounter a single harsh word about my beloved Detroit Pistons. So, here I am.

That being said, you guys are classy fans ........... not like the Pacers and Heat fans. Heat fans are totally delusional in thinking they have somehow earned a right to a championship simply by gettin' Shaq. And if you go to the Pacers forum, you'll still here them goin' on about how much they hate Ben Wallace for crushing their championship hopes in the Ron Artest fiasco ........ whatever.

I recently re-watched, (for the first time), Game V of last year's finals. The battle that took place in that game .......... the level of offensive execution, and defensive intensity shown by both sides ........ it was something to see for a purist basketball fans. 2 teams playing at the very highest level. For as good as they are, the Suns, Pacers, Mavericks and Heat are incapable of playing at that level. The Spurs & Pistons will have some tough battles for sure. But nothing is stopping both teams from meeting in the Finals again this year.

And even though we whooped you guys somethin' good twice this year, and we'll probably have home court throughout, I'm not one of those homer fans that think its gonna be a sweep. It could go either way.

I'm lookin' forward to it, and purist basketball fans around the world are as well.

See y'all in June .......... it's gonna be a good one, (AGAIN!)
nice post hun!
spurs fans are very classy! nice to see other fellow piston fans being classy to such good fans.
and to the dude who said spurs suck! i bet your a lakers fan posing as a piston fan!true piston fans have the up most respect fior the spurs.

Solid D
03-30-2006, 09:39 PM
anthologyct, welcome to the Forum.

Bring it! Good takes, good knowledge, and most importantly...good humor.

Guru of Nothing
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM

Spurs suck!

For that, may Matt Millen replace Joe Dumars!

Solid D
03-30-2006, 10:04 PM
:lol

Spurologist
03-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Welcome Ant....

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM

Not. Funny. At. All.

:shootme

x0xbillupsx0x
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
please dont jinx the pistons.lol

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks for bringing back a little trash...

I guess its better to be a piston (pissed in) fan than to be a pissed on fan :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

You know he was being facetious, right? :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
03-30-2006, 11:27 PM
nice post hun!
spurs fans are very classy! nice to see other fellow piston fans being classy to such good fans.
and to the dude who said spurs suck! i bet your a lakers fan posing as a piston fan!true piston fans have the up most respect fior the spurs.
You do realize JamStone is kidding. The guy is alright

Vizzini
03-31-2006, 12:00 AM

Why must you say his name! In the circles I run around with, he goes by the idiot who shall remain nameless. I have but until late July to enjoy good sports in Detroit (Go Wings, Go Pistons) then my thoughts go to training camp starting, and I start atop the high roller coaster of hope and belief that maybe this year is the year, but by the time Halloween rolls around, the coaster has run off the track, and I am violated in the most personal of ways, only to recover by the time the NBA and NHL playoffs start, and my hope remains high after the playoffs have ended, and training camp starts once again. It hurts so deep. I need help, I really do.

Solid D
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
You need the Millen 12-stepper (oops I said his name).

:smokin

03-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Why must you say his name! In the circles I run around with, he goes by the idiot who shall remain nameless. I have but until late July to enjoy good sports in Detroit (Go Wings, Go Pistons) then my thoughts go to training camp starting, and I start atop the high roller coaster of hope and belief that maybe this year is the year, but by the time Halloween rolls around, the coaster has run off the track, and I am violated in the most personal of ways, only to recover by the time the NBA and NHL playoffs start, and my hope remains high after the playoffs have ended, and training camp starts once again. It hurts so deep. I need help, I really do.

Good thing the Tigers ease us into the Lions...

:depressed

Two teams at the very top of their leagues, two teams at the bottom. I'll take that all day long....

ObiwanGinobili
03-31-2006, 12:27 AM
anthologyct -
Welcome to the forum! Judging from your post, you'll fit right in here. :spin
We are a Spurs baord but have a healthy mix of fans from all over the NBA. Pistons fans (sane ones) are more than welcome. Infact they are my 2nd fav. team......... too bad it's a #2 spot that is far far far far behind my beloved spurs. :lol

Dunc
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Nice to see you in here, AnthologyCt. Back when I was a "lurker" on the Detroit News Pistons forum (stopped reading that forum cuz I was sick of the Arroyo bashing, lol), I saw alot of your posts and have to admit I agreed with alot of your takes. So I'm glad to see ya pop up in here.

Kori Ellis
03-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Nice first post.

FromWayDowntown
03-31-2006, 12:47 AM
I'll join the chorus in lauding that first post.

I find the discourse between the Pistons fans who frequent this board and the Spurs fans here to be remarkable among the NBA forums I've visited. Fans haven't won championships, but they've been through the roller-coasters of emotion that come with following teams that win. That, I think, fosters a degree of mutual respect among fan groups that allows for solid basketball talk.

From my own perspective, I think it was a blessing to my experiences around here to have the Spurs and Pistons meet in the 2005 Finals. It brought a lot of great and knowledgable fans to our realm. I think the respectful and reasonable discussions make talking to opposing fans a much more enjoyable experience.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd love to see the Spurs and Pistons become the rivalry that defines this era. It would be such a blast at the NBA's fetish for promoting stars over teams. I'd be totally cool with these teams dividing up a bunch of Finals in a row, though I'd obviously prefer that the Spurs take all or most of those series. :)

Anyway, welcome anthologyct

03-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Sweet, we'll take the next one...

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 06:54 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd love to see the Spurs and Pistons become the rivalry that defines this era. It would be such a blast at the NBA's fetish for promoting stars over teams. I'd be totally cool with these teams dividing up a bunch of Finals in a row, though I'd obviously prefer that the Spurs take all or most of those series. :)

FromWayDowntown,

I've been saying that all along ............. I want this to become one of those great rivalries. I hate the fact that the NBA has this absolute NEED to promote stars who haven't earned jack ......... You ever notice how when the NBA promotes a Spurs or Pistons game on National TV, its always, "The Pistons" or "The Spurs" vs. some team. But when its another team, it's always, "Dwayne Wade & The Heat vs. some team", or LeBron James & The Cavs vs. soome team, or Carmelo & the Nuggets vs. whomever. Its as if those individual players are better than the rest. Maybe thats why they dont' win Championships. You'll never hear Duncan & the Spurs, or Big Ben & The Pistons.

But in order for ours to be a true rivalry, we have to beat you guys in the Finals. That way, we'd be 2-2 in this era.

I don't consider your first championship to be of this era; mostly because it was pre-Laker Dynasty, and the only member on that team left is Duncan. The Spurs have a new personality with Parker, Ginobili & Bowen, and are a better team.

But think about this for a moment ......... Had Billups not gotten injured, (sprained ankle), in '03 when we were swept by New Jersey, we would have met you in the Finals then. ......... And had Derrick Fisher not made that shot you would have beaten the Lakers and we would have met again in '04.

We would have definately lost in '03 ......... At that time, we had Okur & Corliss Williamson in place of 'Sheed ............ not a good formula for success against The Big Fundamental. Once we got 'Sheed, it put the league on notice. And y'all know, 'Sheed saves his true "A" game for Duncan!

Let me ask y'all a question ............. last year, did the majority of Spurs fans think the Heat would be us? And, what do you guys think about Detroit vs. Miami this year?

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Nice to see you in here, AnthologyCt. Back when I was a "lurker" on the Detroit News Pistons forum (stopped reading that forum cuz I was sick of the Arroyo bashing, lol), I saw alot of your posts and have to admit I agreed with alot of your takes. So I'm glad to see ya pop up in here.

You probably saw where I cautioned my fellow Pistons fans about believing that just because we whooped you guys in the regular season, that it doesn't mean Jack. You guys didn't have to win those games. We on the other hand, had to.

I'm the biggest HOMER in the world ............. but I'm not smokin' any of 'Sheed's special stash ............ I know when the Finals come, you guys will kick it up another notch. And y'all know we'll be waitin' on it.

But I'll tell you this right now ........... that Tony Parker-points in the paint bullsh*t is gettin' shut down! All those teardrops and reverse layups ain't happenin' against Motown ........ Billups ain't havin' none of it!

One other thing .............. I already said how much I respect the Spurs ......... but that lovefest between Pop & LB last year made me sick! I blame that as a contributor to why you guys beat us ......... LB never had that killer instinct like he had against the Lakers .......... otherwise, he wouldn't have had Prince down low tryin' to guard Duncan in the 4th Quarter of Game VII .......... Oh please, don't get me started; I'm having flash-backs!

SenorSpur
03-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Welcome! Great post. Sounds like you are indeed a basketball purist, in addition to being a die-hard Pistons fan.

We're all looking forward to a much-anticipated rematch between Spurs and Pistons.

See you in June!

JamStone
03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry to those who aren't frequent visitors. My post that the "Spurs suck" was tongue-in-cheek. Spurs are awesome. And, the majority of Spurs fans on this site are really cool and level-headed. See, now you made me be all nice and shit.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome anthologyct! great first post man! I can honestly tell you that over here, the Pistons are revered second only to the Spurs, and I suppose that is understandable http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif! I think you're going to fit in quite nicely bro! Respect is all that is required in this forum, and even that is sometimes wanting http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif but is all cool! hope you have a great time.

Ishta
03-31-2006, 08:52 AM
Sorry to those who aren't frequent visitors. My post that the "Spurs suck" was tongue-in-cheek. Spurs are awesome. And, the majority of Spurs fans on this site are really cool and level-headed. See, now you made me be all nice and shit.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-31-2006, 08:54 AM

You do realize JamStone is kidding. The guy is alright
don't worry bro! I gots yo back! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Sec24Row7
03-31-2006, 10:07 AM
FromWayDowntown,

I've been saying that all along ............. I want this to become one of those great rivalries. I hate the fact that the NBA has this absolute NEED to promote stars who haven't earned jack ......... You ever notice how when the NBA promotes a Spurs or Pistons game on National TV, its always, "The Pistons" or "The Spurs" vs. some team. But when its another team, it's always, "Dwayne Wade & The Heat vs. some team", or LeBron James & The Cavs vs. soome team, or Carmelo & the Nuggets vs. whomever. Its as if those individual players are better than the rest. Maybe thats why they dont' win Championships. You'll never hear Duncan & the Spurs, or Big Ben & The Pistons.

But in order for ours to be a true rivalry, we have to beat you guys in the Finals. That way, we'd be 2-2 in this era.

I don't consider your first championship to be of this era; mostly because it was pre-Laker Dynasty, and the only member on that team left is Duncan. The Spurs have a new personality with Parker, Ginobili & Bowen, and are a better team.

But think about this for a moment ......... Had Billups not gotten injured, (sprained ankle), in '03 when we were swept by New Jersey, we would have met you in the Finals then. ......... And had Derrick Fisher not made that shot you would have beaten the Lakers and we would have met again in '04.

We would have definately lost in '03 ......... At that time, we had Okur & Corliss Williamson in place of 'Sheed ............ not a good formula for success against The Big Fundamental. Once we got 'Sheed, it put the league on notice. And y'all know, 'Sheed saves his true "A" game for Duncan!

Let me ask y'all a question ............. last year, did the majority of Spurs fans think the Heat would be us? And, what do you guys think about Detroit vs. Miami this year?

You guys still have times when you have trouble on offense... even this year... the last month has brought that back up again. Your defense is amazing(though I don't see it as good as last year or the year you won... you guys were defensive ANIMALS that year). I like your chances against Miami I will say it's 70% that you beat them. The combination of struggling vs a semi decent Defense and having to get a stop when Shaq gets the ball in the paint though can cost you a series. Trust me, it's happend to us.

JamStone
03-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mania. I saw your post and SpursWoman's posts as well.

It's all fun and games until someone gets plantar fasciitis. :spin

Hopefully, the two teams can get back to the Finals so we can really start the shit talk.

LilMissSPURfect
03-31-2006, 10:24 AM
homecourt or no homecourt..it will be a battle...SPURS in 6!

by the way...
are the FINALS this year still 2-3-2?????

coz if it is then maybe SPURS in 5!

boutons_
03-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes, the Finals are 2-3-2, since a change in that format would have been loudly and longly discussed.

The series will hinge on the first 2 games @DET.

Pistons win both, Pistons win Finals.

Spurs split, Spurs win Finals. :)

smeagol
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Another quality Pistons fan.

Welcome Ant

MI21
03-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Nice postings, Piston fans. Piston fans are certainly the most knowledgable and respectful bunch of opposition fans.

One true test of how much of a homer you are though. :lol

Tony Parker carries the ball a lot, and gets away with a lot of travels. Manu flops a lot on offense and Bowen gets away with a lot of grabs. I can see that.

Are you able to admit that Chauncey Billups carries the ball every damn possesion?

That is my little test. :lol

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
don't worry the honeymoon will end when game 1 of finals day comes.

my2sons
03-31-2006, 11:30 AM
You know he was being facetious, right? :spin

so was I

SpursWoman
03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I quoted the wrong post, sorry.

RashoFan
03-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the Forum Anthologyct. I am glad you are here. That was a great first post! Better than mine...which was I love Rasho or some sappy love sick comment.:lol
I am looking forward to a great matchup with Pistons and Spurs in the Finals....see yoou around, check out the rest of the Forum...this place is crazy but fun!

Sportcamper
03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Kori & all Spurs fans...I am a Die-Hard Deeeetroit Fan ...I think that you are all a swell bunch...Not like those Fakers who actually get upset when they don’t win NBA titles...

http://www.laughmachine.com/images/2005/10/dane_cook_kisses_charlize_therons_ass_preview.jpg

boutons_
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
"Piston fans are certainly the most knowledgable"

well, a couple are among the most. A couple of the Suns posters are serious and knowledgable.

But the vast majority of all of the visitors are IGNOREable.

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 12:53 PM
don't worry the honeymoon will end when game 1 of finals day comes.

You're right, we're kool for now. Ya'll just gotta make sure y'all take care of business out West first. We'll handle up on the East ........... But when the Finals come, watch out! 'Cause we gonna whoop dat azz this year!

All of them points in the paint that Parker's gettin' now gonna dry up like the desert. And all that floppin' and grabbin' that Ginobili & Bowen does ain't gonna help one bit. Duncan ain't lookin' forward to bangin' down low against 'Sheed & Ben down low!

IceCold CB1
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
My theory:

I could be wrong about this, but i think one reason the spurs message board is so much more tolerant towards fans of other teams is the makeup of the actual spurs team. With all the international flavor on the team, there are a lot of international fans of the team. Im sure the message board has gotten used to being a positive place for the fans to discuss the team's success and failiures without the constant bickering that goes on in most basketball forums.
I gotta agree that this is byfar the best forum ive posted at. The majority seem to be knowledgable basketball fans and while they represent their teams, they have respect for the teams that play the right way.

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
You're right, we're kool for now. Ya'll just gotta make sure y'all take care of business out West first. We'll handle up on the East ........... But when the Finals come, watch out! 'Cause we gonna whoop dat azz this year!

All of them points in the paint that Parker's gettin' now gonna dry up like the desert. And all that floppin' and grabbin' that Ginobili & Bowen does ain't gonna help one bit. Duncan ain't lookin' forward to bangin' down low against 'Sheed & Ben down low!

on the other hand, Bowen is gonna put the lock-down on rip like usual, our defense is gonna make Sheed look confused like a deer in front of headlights like last year, tayshawn is gonna be an MIA mofo once again and not even Ben's flops are gonna save you. :)

freedom&justice
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM
My theory:

I could be wrong about this, but i think one reason the spurs message board is so much more tolerant towards fans of other teams is the makeup of the actual spurs team. With all the international flavor on the team, there are a lot of international fans of the team. Im sure the message board has gotten used to being a positive place for the fans to discuss the team's success and failiures without the constant bickering that goes on in most basketball forums.
I gotta agree that this is byfar the best forum ive posted at. The majority seem to be knowledgable basketball fans and while they represent their teams, they have respect for the teams that play the right way.

:tu

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
on the other hand, Bowen is gonna put the lock-down on rip like usual, our defense is gonna make Sheed look confused like a deer in front of headlights like last year, tayshawn is gonna be an MIA mofo once again and not even Ben's flops are gonna save you. :)

What do you mean, "like last year"? ........ For as locked down, confused, and MIA'd as we were, we were still 4 minutes away from a Tim Duncan suicide watch!

Let me add somethin' to that .......... I won't use the word "LUCK" cause I hate it ........... but I'll say that you guys were extremely "fortunate" that we had to go through Indiana & Miami last year. That's the price we paid for not comin' out hard and playing like defending Champions. We were worn the hell out by the time we got to San Antonio. We tried to throw a hay-maker in the first minutes of Game I ........ but that was about all we had until we got some rest between Games II & III.

We won't take the Heat for granted this year fellas. So when you guys finish up your business out West, you'll be flyin' to Motown to meet a fresh & well-rested team. May God help y'all this year ......... Ben & 'Sheed are practicin' some EXTRA-Hard picks to free up Rip from all of Bowen's pullin' and grabbin'.

And who flops more? Manu or Ben?

RashoFan
03-31-2006, 03:07 PM
methinks it will be a great Finals this year with Pistons and Spurs along with the fans in here ready to get down...
BRING IT ON!!!
:makemyday

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm surprised you couldn't find anything bad said about the Pistons on this board. I'm sure there's at least one thread in the Classics that should turn you against us.

Sorry for getting here late but on the questions of Pistons vs. Lakers:

In regards to last year my first instinct was, "The Pistons needed the two best Heat players hurt to win, and the friggin' Pacers took them to six." But after the finals and some careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that they were playing down to the level of their opponents, which is a rather annoying habit that I've seen from my Spurs in recent years.

As far as this season goes I don't think the Heat have shown enough consistency for me to think they can challenge the Pistons. There have been games where Shaq looks like his old self, Wade is looking like a young Kobe, and they just kill teams, but there are just as many times where Shaq looks down right old and the rest of the team seems disjointed. If Zo is back at 100% I think his defense can be game changing. I think the Pistons take that in 5-6.

I think you'll like it here. The Spurs and Pistons fans have become a bit of a support group for the chronically ignored. There's plenty of sympathetic ears when ESPN shits on your team.

P-Fan:"Tim Legler just said that Pistons were going to get eliminated in the first round."

S-Fan:"I feel for you. Stephen A. just declared that the Mavs were going to club us like baby seals."

Winnipeg_Spur
03-31-2006, 03:47 PM
If the Pistons really lost Games 1 and 2 because they were tired, Spurs would've been better off without HCA, they could've gotten two wins in Detroit to start the series. So who knows, maybe not having HCA could work out...

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Let me add somethin' to that .......... I won't use the word "LUCK" cause I hate it ........... but I'll say that you guys were extremely "fortunate" that we had to go through Indiana & Miami last year.

I would say YOU were extremely fortunate, 'cause Denver or Phoenix would have beat you the way you were playing.

And who flops more? Manu or Ben?

Manu flops more, but Ben's look sillier 'cause he flops vs opposing point guards :lol

Rummpd
03-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Piston fans deserve like LAL fans respect = their franchise have done something along with Bulls, Houston and Spurs won all the titles in a long long time.

Even winning a single title should not be underestimated.

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Manu flops more, but Ben's look sillier 'cause he flops vs opposing point guards :lol[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll give you that one! He doesn't look silly ........... Especially with a name like BIG Ben ....... floppin' after Tony Parker bumps him.

SpurYank
03-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, we might meet in the playoffs. First, you guys have to get past the Nets, Heat and Cavaliers. We, the Clippers, Mavericks, and the Sun. In 1999, the Knicks were the 8th seed and ended up playing in the finals. One never knows. There are surprises every year. Still, Robert Horry is starting to feel the playoffs being close by and TD is looking more and more like himself. Nazr is a step up from Rasho. Parker is more than a step ahead of last year. If Beno, Brent, Nick and Finley come through from the bench, and push come to shove, I don't think anyone can beat this year's Spurs. I expect Manu will be the same terror he is during important games.

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Denver is gonna be strong if they're healthy. I don't see anyone but Dallas or Spurs beating them.

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 04:35 PM
P-Fan:"Tim Legler just said that Pistons were going to get eliminated in the first round."

S-Fan:"I feel for you. Stephen A. just declared that the Mavs were going to club us like baby seals."

You know, the one thing I can't stand are flip-floppy analysts! These guys say one week that we'll lose in the first round ............ then the next week, we're world beaters.

Last week, they said that you guys were dead in the water if the Lakers get the 8th seed ................ I'm thinkin' to myself ......... Is Mark Jackson smokin' crack ........... I don't care if Tim Duncan came out to play on crutches, the Lakers ain't beatin' the Spurs ........ PERIOD!

I'm totally convinced now, after seein' them jump on and off the Pistons & Spurs bandwagon if they lose 1 or 2 games, that they say and write whatever they think is most controversial.

WayDowntownBang
03-31-2006, 04:39 PM
I'll join the chorus in lauding that first post.

I find the discourse between the Pistons fans who frequent this board and the Spurs fans here to be remarkable among the NBA forums I've visited. Fans haven't won championships, but they've been through the roller-coasters of emotion that come with following teams that win. That, I think, fosters a degree of mutual respect among fan groups that allows for solid basketball talk.

From my own perspective, I think it was a blessing to my experiences around here to have the Spurs and Pistons meet in the 2005 Finals. It brought a lot of great and knowledgable fans to our realm. I think the respectful and reasonable discussions make talking to opposing fans a much more enjoyable experience.

Well said, my Waydowntown brother from another mother.

The Pistons/Spurs rivalry could easily turn into the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. Two teams that dominate their own conferences, and when they go head to head, you get classic matchups. Of course the styles are different, but we're starting to look at two teams that respect each other, but the other has exactly what they want.. and that's championships.

The East goes through Detroit. The West goes through San Antonio.

Meet you in the fork in the road.

Welcome aboard, anthologyct. As one of us Piston fans that were here throughout the Finals last year, you'll realize something really quick about the board. There's some unbelievably cool people here. There's also some asswipes. As special as Spurstalk.com is, some things are the same everywhere you go. Don't lump them all as jerks, but don't be fooled into thinking everyone's ready to hug a Piston fan. As someone already said, just because we can be casual and friendly doesn't mean that you can forget that you're in enemy territory. This enemy just happens to be a GREAT host.

SpursWoman
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
;)

anthologyct
03-31-2006, 11:02 PM
HUGE come from behind win to beat a RED HOT Milwaukee team. 18 point come from behind victory. They shot the lights out in the Palace. I didn't think Michael Redd was gonna miss at all tonight ........ 1, 2, 3 hands in his face, and the guy was knockin' 'em down from 3 feet beyond the arc. But, that trademark "D" shut 'em down at the end.

Oh, and 'Sheed got another tech! 1 more an it's an automatic suspension.

Well, the Mavericks are out of the race for homecourt throughout with that loss to Orlando ......... (PERIOD!) They might as well start watchin' Clippers game tapes.

So, Spurs fans, with both the Spurs & Pistons having 10 games left, we still hold a 3 game lead over you; but, your window of opportunity to catch us is closing fast. You can do it, but it's gettin' to a point where they almost have to run the table with the rest of their schedule, (10-0), in order to catch us.

If the Pistons go 7-3 the rest of the way out, you'll have to go 10-0. But, your schedule is startin' to get a little easier with the Mavs outta the race. Your matchup with them on the 7th is now pretty much meaningless. They've folded!

SenorSpur
03-31-2006, 11:04 PM
I think Denver is gonna be strong if they're healthy. I don't see anyone but Dallas or Spurs beating them.

For whatever reason, Denver cannot beat Phoenix. Not enough offense I guess. Anyway, Denver will end up in their bracket. If those two meet, it promises to be a good series, but make no mistake, Phx will prevail.

freedom&justice
03-31-2006, 11:13 PM
HUGE come from behind win to beat a RED HOT Milwaukee team. 18 point come from behind victory. They shot the lights out in the Palace. I didn't think Michael Redd was gonna miss at all tonight ........ 1, 2, 3 hands in his face, and the guy was knockin' 'em down from 3 feet beyond the arc. But, that trademark "D" shut 'em down at the end.

Oh, and 'Sheed got another tech! 1 more an it's an automatic suspension.

Well, the Mavericks are out of the race for homecourt throughout with that loss to Orlando ......... (PERIOD!) They might as well start watchin' Clippers game tapes.

So, Spurs fans, with both the Spurs & Pistons having 10 games left, we still hold a 3 game lead over you; but, your window of opportunity to catch us is closing fast. You can do it, but it's gettin' to a point where they almost have to run the table with the rest of their schedule, (10-0), in order to catch us.

If the Pistons go 7-3 the rest of the way out, you'll have to go 10-0. But, your schedule is startin' to get a little easier with the Mavs outta the race. Your matchup with them on the 7th is now pretty much meaningless. They've folded!

Yup, mavs are gonna go to the playoffs in the 4th seed. The mavs just don't seem to have enough heart for some reason. Spurs are number 1 in the west, book it.
And Redd was hot all night; guy almost always plays great at the palace. Lucky for the pistons he's like Arroyo on D.