PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

Das Texan
03-31-2006, 01:02 AM
or is Timmy starting to look like the real Tim Duncan recently?

maybe he really has had a touch of Robert Horritis and has just taken off the first 3/4 of the season, saving it for the real season

:smokin

PM5K
03-31-2006, 01:28 AM
I still don't believe the PF was the problem, I mean all of the rest of his numbers were the same or better except his field goal percentage.

Otherwise they have either given him treatment that works, or he's learned to deal with it....

T Park
The second half sure looked like the old Duncan

ObiwanGinobili
it's not just you.

buit i'm not mentioniong anything becasue I'mn afraid of jinx.

infact lets pretend I never reponded to thi thread.
actaully I've had too mcuh wine,
I nee to go to bed.

SpursWillOwn
03-31-2006, 01:30 AM
timmy sure looks like the old timmy recently guess PF decided to fuck off

Kori Ellis
03-31-2006, 01:30 AM
I still don't believe the PF was the problem, I mean all of the rest of his numbers were the same or better except his field goal percentage.

Otherwise they have either given him treatment that works, or he's learned to deal with it....

:wtf His points, rebounds, blocks, and shooting percentage are all down this season.

His PF is probably improving a bit. It usually gets better after 4 to 6 months of having it.

Melmart1
03-31-2006, 01:31 AM
I think Duncan was truly hampered by the PF throughout the year. However, he is bearing down and dealing with it, like a true 2-time MVP and 3-time Champion does.

T Park
03-31-2006, 01:33 AM
I think its sloooowly starting to go away.

March April would make it 4 months.

4-6 months.

PM5K
03-31-2006, 01:36 AM
:wtf His points, rebounds, blocks, and shooting percentage are all down this season.

His PF is probably improving a bit. It usually gets better after 4 to 6 months of having it.

If you look at his worst scoring month, February, and keep in mind this is the month where people really started talking about PF and resting him and oh no the sky is going to fall and blah blah blah.

Anyhow during that month his rebounding numbers were up on his career numbers, and his blocks and assists were about the same, he basically shot the ball horribly.

Now how does an injured guy do everything the same or better but only shoot the ball horribly.

I'm telling you he was just in a funk....

polandprzem
03-31-2006, 01:40 AM
If you look at his worst scoring month, February, and keep in mind this is the month where people really started talking about PF and resting him and oh no the sky is going to fall and blah blah blah.

Anyhow during that month his rebounding numbers were up on his career numbers, and his blocks and assists were about the same, he basically shot the ball horribly.

Now how does an injured guy do everything the same or better but only shoot the ball horribly.

I'm telling you he was just in a funk....

I'm totally dissagree with you.

You can see the change in Duncan movemnent. And guy with a funk doesn't have movement problems

PM5K
03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm totally dissagree with you.

Well I totally disagree with you X 10 so HA!

GoSpurs21
03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
cia pop just saving Duncan for the playoffs...when it really matters

Das Texan
03-31-2006, 01:42 AM

my theory is more fun though.

:lol

T Park
03-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Duncan's movement was slightly getting better in February....

March its a hell of alot better.

Can't wait to see hwo he is in April and May.

PM5K
03-31-2006, 01:43 AM
cia pop just saving Duncan for the playoffs...when it really matters

Yup, CIA Pop at his best....

He must have told Duncan, hobble around like you have a dick in your ass for a while so you'll have a lot of energy come Playoff time...

boutons_
03-31-2006, 01:47 AM
he's moving a lot better, near 100%, but damn he can take some horrible looking shots and miss them, and make some bad decisions. redeemed himself in the 2nd half.

Melmart1
03-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Those who think that Tim was faking the PF injury to save himself for the playoffs have obviously never seen a Tim Duncan commercial. He is not that good of an actor.

polandprzem
03-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Those who think that Tim was faking the PF injury to save himself for the playoffs have obviously never seen a Tim Duncan commercial. He is not that good of an actor.

He said last year he is a very good actor.

Remember? On the charoity golf, and he was like 2 weeks after the sprain

:lol

PM5K
03-31-2006, 01:51 AM

See, CIA Pop even got you.

That wasn't even Timmy on the floor, it was CIA Pop....

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-31-2006, 02:07 AM
See, CIA Pop even got you.

That wasn't even Timmy on the floor, it was CIA Pop....

I thought his ass looked tighter!

timvp
03-31-2006, 02:11 AM
Robert Horry Jr. has been turning up the intensity lately.

MI21
03-31-2006, 06:17 AM
It's clear Duncan has been affected by his PF. You have been able to notice it in his spin moves, pivoting, lateral movement and just his general athetlicism particuly around the hoop.

That said, I can't recall Duncan looking as if he is leaving it all out there on the floor for the majority of a regular season since his 2nd MVP season. timvp is certainly partially correct in giving Timmy the Horry Jr. label.

ShoogarBear
03-31-2006, 06:33 AM
infact lets pretend I never reponded to thi thread.
actaully I've had too mcuh wine,
I nee to go to bed.

*hic*

ShoogarBear
03-31-2006, 06:38 AM

I'm telling you he was just in a funk....Ever actually watch him play? His mobility is nowhere near what it has been. Doing "everything the same or better"? :wtf

Taco
03-31-2006, 08:54 AM
or is Timmy starting to look like the real Tim Duncan recently?

maybe he really has had a touch of Robert Horritis and has just taken off the first 3/4 of the season, saving it for the real season

:smokin

:lmao

I think you may be right!!! :fro

austinfan
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Isn't this this something like the 4th consecutive game that he's scored 20 points or better? I can't remember the last time TD had those numbers. He's not all the way back yet, because he's a beat or two late on a lot of plays, but he looks more agile when he's pivoting to score, and I like the way he's trying more jumpers to spread the opposing team's defense.

God, wouldn't it be amazing if the PF decided to go away by the end of April?

JamStone
03-31-2006, 10:24 AM
I think it's just you.

leemajors
03-31-2006, 10:58 AM

he has a scary stare like in that amex commercial.

pache100
03-31-2006, 11:02 AM
I think his acting in those HEB commercials (the reading ones) is great!

101A
03-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Ive GOT PF - Ibuprofen completely alleviates the pain for 4 hours at a time; Tim's been pretty much mailing it in; Spurs will still win 64 or more games. We will not see the "real" TD until he is needed; in the Detroit series. I believe this year he will actually coast for a majority of the playoffs because he can; awaiting the challenge the Spurs have KNOWN was coming - and this time being totally prepared for it.

We will not see what this team is truly capable of, with ALL parts unleashed and firing on all cylinders until the first game in the palace. 'Hope Flip is ready.

pache100
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Ive GOT PF - Ibuprofen completely alleviates the pain for 4 hours at a time;

You're very lucky. I have it, too, and ibuprophen does absolutely nothing for me when mine flares up. Nothing helps it, not rest, not staying off it, nothing. It feels like someone is driving a nail into my foot.

orhe
03-31-2006, 11:20 AM
no i don't think so...
he still only has one move and its the one where his explosiveness ain't needed.

101A
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
You're very lucky. I have it, too, and ibuprophen does absolutely nothing for me when mine flares up. Nothing helps it, not rest, not staying off it, nothing. It feels like someone is driving a nail into my foot.

Ouch.

I know the nail feeling; mine is not omnipresent, however. Immobilizing my ankle (wife found this on a website), while I sleep has helped the most.

101A
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Also, if work permits, more athletic shoes, fewer loafers - and make damn sure they fit.

ShoogarBear
03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
:lmao at all these jerkoffs thinking Tim isn't injured.

These will be the first guys off the bandwagon when Tim retires and it's back to mediocrity.

themvp
03-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Did you notice that Timmy had 20 pts, 13 reb, 4 ast, 3blk vs. Lakers, those are the same numbers as in the game vs. Clippers two nights ago.

What is this all about?

Are we safe? :wtf:

101A
03-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Did you notice that Timmy had 20 pts, 13 reb, 4 ast, 3blk vs. Lakers, those are the same numbers as in the game vs. Clippers two nights ago.

What is this all about?

Are we safe? :wtf:

Pop has replaced the injured, real Tim w/the CIA - developed ROBOTIM. PJ forgot to change the "stat-line" parameter between games.