PDA

View Full Version : "Poor Beno" - Pop

Kori Ellis
03-31-2006, 03:00 AM
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich wasn't oozing sympathy over Udrih's injury.

"His foot hurts — poor Beno," Popovich said with a touch of sarcasm. "When his foot doesn't hurt, then he'll play."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033106.9D.BKNspurs.notebook.71d06ca.html

Pop doesn't seem too pleased that Beno needed to sit out.

timvp
03-31-2006, 03:02 AM
Paino Udrih strikes again. The Spurs call on him to start in a spot that they really need a win and he comes up lame.

Either Udrih has really bad luck or he needs to toughen up.

missmyzte
03-31-2006, 03:08 AM
I asked Beno tonight when he'd be back, he said a week. He just twisted it in the game but he'll be back soon.

timvp
03-31-2006, 03:09 AM
So we have NVE begging himself back into the lineup and Beno declaring himself out a week?

Interesting.

polandprzem
03-31-2006, 03:14 AM
The spurs are realy interesting ballclub.

Good I singned up as a spurs fan

Tigole Bitties
03-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Beno was blingin' that pirate gold earring tonight

Slo spurs fan
03-31-2006, 03:44 AM
Paino Udrih strikes again. The Spurs call on him to start in a spot that they really need a win and he comes up lame.

Either Udrih has really bad luck or he needs to toughen up.

...but this is his first basketball-related injury this season
Yeah, he missed a lot of games becouse of injurys, didn´t he timvp?

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2006, 04:01 AM
then why dont they start barry instead of beno, beno is only good when comin off the bench to play against teh other teams scrubs, where he abuses them.

timvp
03-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Yeah, he missed a lot of games becouse of injurys, didn´t he timvp?

He just now started playing.

zeleni
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Beno, you are a weak boy.

And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.

NCaliSpurs
03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Wasn't that his history in Europe too?

vanvannen
03-31-2006, 08:32 AM
This is bullshit. Why is anyone doubting Beno's injury when the entire squad has been injured at some point in the season?
So I guess Manu is a pussy and Timmy is faking plantar fasciatis? Why is Beno not to be trusted?

angel_luv
03-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Spurs notebook: Parker returns; Udrih sits

Web Posted: 03/31/2006 01:27 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES — Tony Parker returned to the lineup Thursday night, leaving the Spurs to wait for one of his backups to do the same.

advertisement

Beno Udrih sat out the game after spraining his left ankle in Tuesday's victory over the Los Angeles Clippers. He said he was beginning to feel better Thursday and considers himself "day to day."

"Hopefully it will be as soon as possible, so I can get back in shape and start playing again," Udrih said. "I was doing a pretty good job before I got hurt, so that's why I was mad. Hopefully it's not going to be long."
Nick Van Exel backed up Parker on Thursday in Udrih's absence.

Udrih was hurt early in Tuesday's game. After jumping as if he were going to shoot, he passed to Bruce Bowen before landing on someone's foot when he came down.

"It was a quick twist," Udrih said. "It feels better, but when I put pressure on it, my ankle still hurts. I can't really run."

Udrih had played well during Van Exel's nine-game stay on the inactive list. He missed a couple of games in January because of the flu, but this is his first basketball-related injury this season.

"It was really bad luck," Udrih said. "But injuries happen all the time. You just have to forget about it and get better as soon as possible."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich wasn't oozing sympathy over Udrih's injury.

"His foot hurts — poor Beno," Popovich said with a touch of sarcasm. "When his foot doesn't hurt, then he'll play."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the chances some reporter asked a stupid question like, " When will Beno be back?" and that was the reason for Pop's sarcasm?

Get well soon Beno! :D

GoSpurs21
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
So we have NVE begging himself back into the lineup and Beno declaring himself out a week?

Interesting.too bad Beno's not a warrior like Jax was last night

1Parker1
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA033106.9D.BKNspurs.notebook.71d06ca.html

Pop doesn't seem too pleased that Beno needed to sit out.

I don't get it. If he sprained his ankle, of course he's going to have to sit out. I mean, I remember when Manu had a "minor" ankle sprain earlier this season (? or last) and he sat out 2 games.

zeleni
03-31-2006, 12:37 PM
He is spoiled, that's why I doubt him.

Now is really the time to get his act together. Or else his ring will be worth squat.

I love this guy when he plays his heart out. But to get injured, imagination or clumsiness, in this stage of the game, is not something to get credit with. He got out of the Team Slovenia with the same excuse.

Nobody in the NBA plays his heart out in the regular-season game. Beno was a bad player that game and now he is an injured one on top of that!? He lacks in the mental or physical department. And that why he deserves to be hard on him.

Slovenia needs a tough PG. How would we otherwise be a worthy opponent to USA? Spurs needs tough 3rd PG. How could we cope with injuries in Playoffs? Beno, get serious quick!

boutons_
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Beno turned an ankle, he's not a starter, why not give him a couple games off like everybody else gets, to be ready for the playoffs, without trashing the guy?

He's made a lot of progress this year, but some people think he's useless and trashable if he's not, in his second year getting limited minutes, threatening Tony's starting position.

Did anybody notice that the Spurs lost their big lead and the Lakers got some mo in the second qtr when Nick came in and took some bad shots early in the shot clock?

I'd much rather have Beno shooting and passing the ball than Nick shooting badly and not passing. They have virtually identical stats except that Beno scores more with a MUCH better FG% in much fewer minutes than Nick.

Beno's trouble last (rookie) season a couple times under pressure are no worse than Nick's frequently horrible shot selection, which are effectively TOs.

Que Gee
03-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Barry at PG is better than Beno or NVE.

smeagol
03-31-2006, 01:36 PM
C'mon guys, he's injured.

zeleni
03-31-2006, 02:42 PM
C'mon guys, he's injured.

I hope so. Otherwise this is the end of an era for his career.

NCaliSpurs
03-31-2006, 02:56 PM
The other thing is that Beno is a fairly young, inexperienced point guard.

Anyone remember pop being a little harsh on any other young, inexperienced point guards?

It's just the old man's way.

HIP HOOPERS
03-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Now is really the time to get his act together. Or else his ring will be worth squat.

I love this guy when he plays his heart out. But to get injured, imagination or clumsiness, in this stage of the game, is not something to get credit with. He got out of the Team Slovenia with the same excuse.

Nobody in the NBA plays his heart out in the regular-season game. Beno was a bad player that game and now he is an injured one on top of that!? He lacks in the mental or physical department. And that why he deserves to be hard on him.

Slovenia needs a tough PG. How would we otherwise be a worthy opponent to USA? Spurs needs tough 3rd PG. How could we cope with injuries in Playoffs? Beno, get serious quick!

1. STOP talking shit, 'cos it's more than clear you have no idea about the situation

2. What do you know about his "mental and physical department"?!?

3. He WAS injured during EC i Belgrade! Why would a guy go through whole preparation period and then after last friendly game "decide" he's injured?!? The only thing was that MAYBE he could've played from QF on (nobody could guarantee they would even get there), MAYBE! Would it be fair to leave a healthy player that went through the whole preparations for someone that MAYBE could've played from QF on? So the decision was made together with a coach.

4. I'll have you jump and land on someone's foot and then call you clumsy and wussy after you'll start feeling pain like every other HUMAN!

Bruno
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Very strange comment by Pop. Maybe he doesn't find Beno tough enough.
Anyway, we will see what will happen during the playoff and this summer.

From the same article :

"And that's the NCAA tournament in a nutshell," Barry said. "Some guy from Argentina wins by picking teams according to color."
:lol

ALVAREZ6
03-31-2006, 04:47 PM
He's injured, we don't need him, why risk it?

Rustyman
03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
The other thing is that Beno is a fairly young, inexperienced point guard.

Anyone remember pop being a little harsh on any other young, inexperienced point guards?

It's just the old man's way.

This is it in a nutshell. Pop doesn't give rookies/youngsters anything, they have to earn it! This is just a reminder to Beno that even though he may have got back into the playoff rotation, he better keep working at it.

Despot
03-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Does noone else think that Pop was just joking???

angel_luv
03-31-2006, 05:40 PM
I want to know what the question was that made Pop say that. Pop's sarcasm may have been for the reporter's benefit.

Rustyman
03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Does noone else think that Pop was just joking???

Nope. At this time of the year, everything is said for a reason with the playoffs in mind.

cherylsteele
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
What is your basis for this statement?

So when Manu gets hurt because he plays somewhat out of control will you say anything?

He lacks in the mental or physical department. And that why he deserves to be hard on him.
Does this mean Timmy, Manu, NVE are soft physically too?

It is Pop's history to be cautious with injuries. How do you know it is not anymore serious an injury? If you had ever sprained an ankle you know it hurts like hell and next impossibke to walk on let alone run, jump, stop, etc.

ploto
03-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I want to know what the question was that made Pop say that. Pop's sarcasm may have been for the reporter's benefit.
Exactly. Some reporter probably asked a stupid question like "Do you feel bad for Beno that he got the chance to start and got hurt" and Pop said something sarcastic about poooor Beno. Also, look at the article writer. He would welcome any opportunity to print something that makes Beno look "bad." I can assure you- Beno wants to play.

As a sidenote, I get tired of people judging players primarily because of where they are from-- and many people do it. If Beno was from Argentina, people would assume he is tough as Manu. But because he is from Central Europe and white, he must be soft and not tough. I "know" of players from that part of the world who have been through more than people can imagine. Maybe they just have perspective.

T Park
03-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Adios Beno.

If Pop is giving hat kind of sarcasm, and he meant it,. not looking good for him.

If hes being a wuss, kick his ass out.

cmurek
04-01-2006, 01:53 AM
ta zelen, ti si en zakompleksan pizdun, ki sam kritizira vse kar je naše! En propadel basketaš k so mu nabijal komplekse meter pa cevap velik mulci!

Pejt u ta ZDA in jim tam rit liž!!!

dragonfly
04-01-2006, 02:50 AM
ta zelen, ti si en zakompleksan pizdun, ki sam kritizira vse kar je naše! En propadel basketaš k so mu nabijal komplekse meter pa cevap velik mulci!

No need to insult cmurek. don't agree with zeleni either but I guess everyone here is in title to his opinion.

zeleni
04-01-2006, 03:15 AM
1. STOP talking shit, 'cos it's more than clear you have no idea about the situation

Trend is repeating itself. I won't have mercy on a young gun, whose corrupt mind is looking for excuses.

2. What do you know about his "mental and physical department"?!?
I like to know as much as I can about our players. He was never a special guy who could make everything on his own. Beno just needs to TCB really soon or no one will count on him anymore. Talent needs a great personality to match.

3. He WAS injured during EC i Belgrade! Why would a guy go through whole preparation period and then after last friendly game "decide" he's injured?!? The only thing was that MAYBE he could've played from QF on (nobody could guarantee they would even get there), MAYBE! Would it be fair to leave a healthy player that went through the whole preparations for someone that MAYBE could've played from QF on? So the decision was made together with a coach.

He was injured just before EC. Why? He played a semi-great game and risked his foot trying to make a layup?! In a friendly game?! Home-game?! I could be just bad luck. Every player makes his good luck. He is not responsible to his body enough. And sometimes he uses that as an excuse. Not a good picture to paint about someone.

4. I'll have you jump and land on someone's foot and then call you clumsy and wussy after you'll start feeling pain like every other HUMAN!

Don't you ever? If we praise Bruce we cannot support Beno. One of them is making a bad name for himself.
Bruce was close on making the other player worried about his health. He is called dirty. Beno is a player who gets balls in the hoops and gets stopped by injuries when he doesn't pay attention to his feet.
One of them is weak and should toughen up.

zeleni
04-01-2006, 03:31 AM

Če misliš, da bi moral lizat rit mlademu košarkašu, ki ima težave celo otroštvo ker ima talent večji kot cela država, se pa tud motiš. Bečiroviča je rešila ena huda poškodba, ker je imel talent tolikšen, da se je že pogovarjal o sebi v tretji osebi. Igralec je dober kolikor je v stiku z resničnostjo. Beno pa se lahko poslovi od NBA kariere, če bo vedno okleval pred tekmo.

Beno ima priložnost štartat tekmo. Ne bom ga podpiral pri tem, da na koncu playoff preživi na neaktivnem seznamu. Si nor?

Meni očitaš pomanjkanje narodne zavesti? Ker kritiziram košarkaša, ki igra pod svojimi sposobnostmi že dolgo, dolgo časa? Mogoče si pa ti pizdun, kaj praviš?

Ti si pa najdi rit, ki bo podpirala luzerje, ker so luzerji pač naši... To bo suha, uboga rit brez denarja in veselja do življenja, brez sanj in z veliko zamerami. Jest kle skušam le razpravljat.

DannyT
04-01-2006, 03:37 AM
wat has BeNO done for you lately.........

SLOVENIAN 8
04-01-2006, 06:05 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Bruno
04-01-2006, 06:40 AM
1) I can't sse the point of starting to insult people. What we think about Beno isn't important, it won't change something to Spurs present and future. The important thing is what Pop and the staff think about Beno.

2) Johnny Ludden writes very good and reliable articles on Spurs. I doubt that Pop quote would have been presented like that in his article if it was a answer to a dumbass question.

3) Maybe it's a joke, Pop is a a funny and sarcastic man.

4) Maybe it isn't a joke. In that case, it seems that Pop isn't a big fan af Beno and we can wonder if Beno is a part of Spurs present and future. I won't be surprise to see Beno,Rasho,Barry traded this summer and that's not related with my love or my hate for them, I'm just noticing facts.

zeleni
04-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Rasho is soft, but he is helpful in so many ways...
Barry can be a shooter deluxe like Finley.

Beno? He is not a PG to change a pace of the game in the NBA Finals?! Not even TP is not made from that kind of stuff... Beno wouldn't be traded with a rookie minimum if Pop still seeks a heart of a champion in him. But Beno gets injured a month before playoffs? Like he did with his NT? Like he did with 2 other clubs?

Off with his head or balls on the table!

hmm...insulting people...
Am pretty angry. Tryin' to be civilized. Beno is one hell of a player. But this is just sad.

Dario
04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
So he intentionally sprained his ankle because he didnt like to start games? I don't call that soft, infact you must have quite some balls to do that kind of stuff to yourself wilingly. Dont you agree?

zeleni
04-01-2006, 08:55 AM
So he intentionally sprained his ankle because he didnt like to start games? I don't call that soft, infact you must have quite some balls to do that kind of stuff to yourself wilingly. Dont you agree?

George W Bush is a man of steel. He told the entire world he can sit for 7 minutes in front of a class when his country was attacked. He had the balls to let the people know he doesn't need to ooze leadership right there. :blah

I'm just saying a player who has an opportunity and gambles it with a bad game and an injury is weak in ankles or in his head. Something has to be fixed right now and fast.

HIP HOOPERS
04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I was trying to quote every post from "Zeleni", but i guess it doesn't make any sense... Like any reply at him doesn't...

I doubt that even he knows what he's talking about, so...

1. G.W.Bush?!? what the f.... that has to do with anything?!?
2. You must know Beno really well personaly to say he is "hesitating" before the game! If you knew Beno for 5 minutes (even from the media, which is the only source you've got anyway) you would have known he's the most confident guy on earth. What the hell, maybe you ARE Beno, that's the only possible explanation.
3. Why am i doing this anyway?!?
4. This discussion is closed, please don't embarrasse yourself and continue it

Jimcs50
04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Pop was being facetious. Beno is injured, NVE was ready to come back, it was as easy as 123.

pjjrfan
04-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Wasn't that an issue early in the season? If I remember correctly this is the second time Pop has made a comment on Beno's level of pain threshold. When the season started if I'm not mistaken Pop's words were that Beno wanted to be babied. And that wasn't going to happen. I don't remember the exact quote, but he did say something along those lines. I like how Beno has been playing as compared to Nick, but from what I've seen and read from Pop, I just don't think he has the same level of confidence that the rest of us do, and I just don't see Pop playing Beno once the playoffs start.

cs100
04-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Pop was being facetious. Beno is injured, NVE was ready to come back, it was as easy as 123.

That is my take as well.

T Park
04-02-2006, 01:21 AM
George W Bush is a man of steel. He told the entire world he can sit for 7 minutes in front of a class when his country was attacked. He had the balls to let the people know he doesn't need to ooze leadership right there

WTF does this have to do with anything.

I guess if your white, good looking, you can get away with anything.

This forum sure rushes to ol Paino's defense pretty quickly.

zeleni
04-02-2006, 03:58 AM
I was trying to quote every post from "Zeleni", but i guess it doesn't make any sense... Like any reply at him doesn't...

I doubt that even he knows what he's talking about, so...

1. G.W.Bush?!? what the f.... that has to do with anything?!?

Illustration for Dario. He said people are strong when they commite selfinflicting acts b/c of their weakness.

2. You must know Beno really well personaly to say he is "hesitating" before the game! If you knew Beno for 5 minutes (even from the media, which is the only source you've got anyway) you would have known he's the most confident guy on earth. What the hell, maybe you ARE Beno, that's the only possible explanation.
3. Why am i doing this anyway?!?
4. This discussion is closed, please don't embarrasse yourself and continue it

Beno is not a star of this team and not a better player than TP (just for the phisycal endurance of the body). Fake confidence is just a pre-stage of a full-collapse of body and mind. Beno is overconfident ergo WEAK.

Why are you doing this? Couse you do not like to bash fellow Slovenes? ;)