PDA

View Full Version : Battery Recommendations for digital camera?

easjer
03-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Whatever batteries we used last sucked and we had to replace them within about fifteen minutes. :pctoss

Now we're out of batteries and I missed taking pics of the first rose that bloomed. That makes me sad because I've never grown roses before and these are really beautiful and I'm really pleased with myself.

So does anyone have a preferred brand for long-term use?

Summers
03-31-2006, 11:00 AM
We invested in rechargables (I think Energizer or Duracell... a good brand), because you have to replace them so often, they can get pricy.

midgetonadonkey
03-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Recharable Engergizers are the way to go.

SpursWoman
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Recharable Engergizers are the way to go.

:tu

They cost around $15 & it comes with 4 batteries & the charger, which will completely charge them from dead in about 15 minutes.

You must have used just regular alkaline batteries if they ran out so fast. I did that when I first got my digital camera and couldn't figure out why I could only get like 12 pictures from 4 batteries... :oops

SpursWoman
03-31-2006, 11:16 AM
I use them in my mp3 player and they seem to last forever ... with my camera, too. I don't know, exactly though ... sometimes I'll go long stretches without using either so it's hard to tell.

easjer
03-31-2006, 11:33 AM
I didn't pick these out. We'd used some energizer batteries (not rechargeable) previously, and they were good for 50-100 pics (depending on how much time I spent fooling around in between pics).

Thanks for the info. We're meeting friends this weekend and having adventures on Tuesday for my birthday. I've got this big urge to have photos of our life together, for posterities sake - we have 1 picture from when we were dating, about 20 from when we were engaged, and now I want more. . . I used to love looking through my parent's albums.

Hook Dem
03-31-2006, 11:49 AM
I think the worst mistake people make is using the on screen viewer when taking pictures.It is totally unnecessary and saps battey strength. I know that my sister does it so people will notice that she has a digital camera. I have never had any problem with duracell batteries and don't have to replace them that often. Just use the viewfinder and your batteries will last much longer.

easjer
03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I use the screen when taking low light pics and I always review my pics shortly after taking them (because I'm not a very good photographer. . . :lol) so it ends up staying on a lot.

Hook Dem
03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I use the screen when taking low light pics and I always review my pics shortly after taking them (because I'm not a very good photographer. . . :lol) so it ends up staying on a lot.
There's your problem with the batteries. Why review them? Do you not trust your camera? What kind do you have?

lilmads
03-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Rechargeables work the best.

Hook Dem
03-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Rechargeables work the best.
I still feel it's totally unnecessary!

easjer
03-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Camera's great - I suck.

But I can take lots of pics and review later. At least one of them will come out.