PDA

View Full Version : Magic Numbers ...

pineflatt
03-31-2006, 02:05 PM
The Playoffs are apporaching and the interest in the race for Home Court Advantage is heating up. The Spurs have 10 game left; Detriot has 11 games remaining. It is possible that either team could wrap up the Home court before well before the season is over. So, here is my take on "magic number" for each team to clinch Home court, based on their current record and the games remaining this season

SPURS: 13 -- Any combination of Spurs wins and Detriot losses that equals or exceeds 13 will clinch Home court.

Pistons: 9 -- Any combination of Spurs losses and Detriot wins that equals or exceeds 9 locks it up for the Pistons.

GO SPURS GO

thispego
03-31-2006, 02:19 PM
hmm interesting

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Sorry I don't see Detroit losing more than 3 games throughout or us going undefeated. no way. Not gonna happen.

At least we got HCA in the west.

101A
03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Spurs can win out.

Detroit losing 3 is doubtful, however.

They only have 1 tough road game remaining (Miami); and I expect Mo-Town to send a message in that one.

I'll take Spurs w/HCA to the finals.

pache100
03-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Detroit losing 3 is doubtful, however.

They only have 1 tough road game remaining (Miami); and I expect Mo-Town to send a message in that one.

You're probably right, but...they have lost five games in March. IMO, they should have won at least three of those...LA, Wash, and NY. So, anything is possible. And, I do realize the Spurs have lost games they should have won, too.

I'll take Spurs w/HCA to the finals.

I sure hope you're right there, but I still don't think it's that important to the Spurs.

emveepee
03-31-2006, 03:32 PM
yes

ColoradoSpursFan
03-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Who could of thought we would lose to Seattle - and win at Clippers?

Who would think that Detroit would lose to Nets, etc.

Every game is not a lock - an injury - a back to back -

That is why we watch and post during every game regardless of percieved outcome.

Dallas is a bit behind us but anything can happen.

I hope the Spurs win HCA all the way thru but likely not going to be an issue if we don't get out of the second round vs Dallas.

JamStone
03-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Even without anything crazy happening like serious injury, I think the Spurs can still catch the Pistons for HCA. I think the Spurs will have to do no worse than 9-1 in their final 10 games. But, it's possible. The Pistons will likely lose at least 2 more games in their final 11. The Miami game at Miami will be tough. And, Phoenix, Indiana, and Cleveland will all be challenges for the Pistons, as will be the final game against Washington because Washington plays Detroit well and it is the last game of the regular season.

Again, I can see at least two losses for the Pistons. The Spurs would need for the Pistons to lose another two somewhere in those remaining games and not lose more than one game themselves.

Would be tough for the Spurs, but I think there is still a chance.

boutons_
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
The recent Denver and Seattle losses killed Spurs chances for Finals HCA.
Seattle esp was fatal.

So, Spurs have to split the first two @DET to steal Finals HCA.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't call it locked unless The Spurs dropped a game and fell 4 back.