PDA

View Full Version : Nazr stuffed the Kwame hype back into the announcer's throat

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Nazzi was the fucking bomb last night. SO agressive. Rasho needs 1/2 the aggresiveness and he would be awesome too. I hope Nazr keeps this up, this is great. and he manhandled that bitch kwame. What the fuck is up with all that recycled hype about him? he sucks ass!

boutons_
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Nazr's priority should be a broomstick stuck up his ass and strapped to his thighs to keep him from doubling over and taking the ball down. What is so hard about keeping the ball high? For Nazr's long arms, "high" is probably over 9 ft.

All he has to so is watch Tim keep the ball high, eiher caught high on a pass or taken off the boards and put it in.

He did make some aggressive rebounding moves last night, really went after the ball. But the poor guy is so fatally weak on fundamentals.

nkdlunch
03-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Nazr's shot was going in and he was even making his free throws. He is a decent center at this point.

Phenomanul
03-31-2006, 05:43 PM
he had four decent games....BIG DEAL

he will always be michael's bitch

And to think that Michael Jordan had a chance to draft Pau Gasol.... who ended up being that class' ROY.

The Wizards might have actually made some noise in the playoffs if they had drafted Pau that year.

callo1
03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
I think last nights performance by Nazr is exactly why he was inserted into the starting lineup. Though he doesn't do it on a night in and night out basis, Nazr can be a go to guy on the offensive end, especially when Timmy is struggling, whereas Rasho will never be that guy on the offensive end.

The Spurs really got going last night in the 3rd off of Nazr's play. I just hope we see more of Nazr playing like this in the playoffs. I think it helps Naz alot when Pop actually runs plays for him.

ploto
03-31-2006, 07:52 PM
You do realize Nazr spent most of the first half on the bench. He played poorly in the first quarter. It must have gotten to him because he came out in the third quarter like he cared. It does concern me, though that I have noticed this pattern the past month in Nazr. When he starts to get "comfortable" he plays without much aggression or hustle until Pop yanks him or sits him and then he remembers. A note-- the games against the Lakers looked COMPLETELY different for Nazr when he tried unsuccessfully to defend or rebound against Chris Mihm. When you are gloating, remember those, too.

ploto
03-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Nazr can be a go to guy on the offensive end, especially when Timmy is struggling, whereas Rasho will never be that guy on the offensive end.
Nazr should NEVER be the go to guy on offense- EVER. Not when you have a team with Tim, Manu, Tony, Horry, Finley, Barry...

Spurologist
03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
The most surprising thing about Nazr is that he leads the spurs starting 5 in ft% @ 78.

TP 71
TD 63
Manu 77
Bowen 61

intlspurshk
03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Naza showed why he is better than Rasho and why he is in the starting lineup whereas Rasho is on the bench and also why Pop made the changes.

Mr. Body
03-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Nazr's not a go-to guy, but he had some big plays last night. In particular I loved that Finley fake-shot/bail-out for the And-One.

yeahone
03-31-2006, 09:25 PM
The most surprising thing about Nazr is that he leads the spurs starting 5 in ft% @ 78.

TP 71
TD 63
Manu 77
Bowen 61

and het gets to the line regular

caŽlo
03-31-2006, 11:17 PM
and het gets to the line regular

well never see that happenin on rasho

callo1
04-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Nazr should NEVER be the go to guy on offense- EVER. Not when you have a team with Tim, Manu, Tony, Horry, Finley, Barry...

Well, since Pop ran plays for him, maybe Pop felt like he should be in that situation, but I guess Pop is an idiot. :rolleyes

I never said he should be the go to guy did I?

I simply stated that he can score the ball a bit when needed. If the defense is sagging, and Timmy is struggling due to double teams and such, Nazr can score the ball enough to capitalize on the overplay of Tim.

A note-- the games against the Lakers looked COMPLETELY different for Nazr when he tried unsuccessfully to defend or rebound against Chris Mihm. When you are gloating, remember those, too.

Who was gloating? Are you trying to turn this into a Nazr vs. Rasho thread or something?

**EDIT**

After reading some of your previous posts my question has already been answered. It is clear you were trying to turn this into a Nazr vs. Rasho thread. Your previous posts have clearly shown that you have issues with Nazr so obviously you will approach every post with a bias against him.

Heres reality: Pop put Nazr into the starting line-up for a reason. We can all speculate on why he did so...I would argue that it was to take some offensive pressure off of a gimpy struggling TD, but who knows. The team has played better with Nazr in the line-up than it did with Rasho. Part of that may simply be that the team is gearing for the playoff run. Rasho continues to play well most of the time he gets into the game (Houston recently against Yao), and yes, Rasho plays better defense due to more consistent rotations. The biggest limiting factor of Rasho's game is his lack of rebounding, so I guess Pop figured that even though Nazr would give up a few more points per game due to bad defensive rotation, he would earn them back on offensive rebounds, and a bit better scoring.

I have always seen positives and negatives to both Rasho and Nazr's games. They both have something good and bad to offer in their game when put out on the court.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2006, 03:41 AM
if rasho was still our starter we'd be #4 in the west right now

ploto
04-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I never said he should be the go to guy did I?

Nazr can be a go to guy on the offensive end.
:rolleyes

callo1
04-02-2006, 02:29 PM
:rolleyes

Do you need a vocabulary lesson on the difference between can and should?

I'll keep it in simple layman's terms for you. Can means if the opportunity presents itself, he has the ability to step up and fill the need. Should means he is bound by a reason or decision to carry the burden of a specific task.

If you need any more help with understanding anything, don't hesitate to ask...thats what I'm here for.

Trifecta
04-02-2006, 02:46 PM

Agreed: but at the same time, if there is no post presence, nothing will open up from the outside.

Also IF Nazr has a mismatch inside, then exploit it until the other team can stop it! Hopefully, this will force Duncan's man to rotate and open up the offesive glass for TD.

callo1
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Agreed: but at the same time, if there is no post presence, nothing will open up from the outside.

Also IF Nazr has a mismatch inside, then exploit it until the other team can stop it! Hopefully, this will force Duncan's man to rotate and open up the offesive glass for TD.

EXACTLY !!

nkdlunch
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Nazr is being consistently aggressive. Hope it lasts

ploto
04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
He is??

leemajors
04-03-2006, 12:44 PM
if nazr is a go-to guy on offense, we are in a lot of trouble.

leemajors
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
if rasho was still our starter we'd be #4 in the west right now
baseless

ploto
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
if nazr is a go-to guy on offense, we are in a lot of trouble.
Thank you. There is a vast difference between scoring a few easy baskets early taking advantage of mismatches and the focus on Tim and being a go-to-guy. The Spurs did the same with Rasho. Remember the stretch of games where he had 6 or 8 points in the first quarter, The same happens with Nazr sometimes. But that doesn't make either one a go-to-guy. A go-to-guy can find a way to score- even if he has to create it himself on his own- when the chips are down. Actually I don't see how you could ever define Nazr that way, as he usually isn't even on the court near the end of any big game. In the play-offs late in the game, offensively, we know the line-up will be Tony, Manu, Finley, Horry, and Tim. Those are go-to-guys on offense.

nkdlunch
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
He is??
yup. last 4, 5 games

ploto
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
yup. last 4, 5 games
You referring to those 5.2 rebounds per game he has averaged over the last 5 games-- including the one rebound game in the loss to Seattle??

callo1
04-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Thank you. There is a vast difference between scoring a few easy baskets early taking advantage of mismatches and the focus on Tim and being a go-to-guy. The Spurs did the same with Rasho. Remember the stretch of games where he had 6 or 8 points in the first quarter, The same happens with Nazr sometimes. But that doesn't make either one a go-to-guy. A go-to-guy can find a way to score- even if he has to create it himself on his own- when the chips are down. Actually I don't see how you could ever define Nazr that way, as he usually isn't even on the court near the end of any big game. In the play-offs late in the game, offensively, we know the line-up will be Tony, Manu, Finley, Horry, and Tim. Those are go-to-guys on offense.

ok, since this thread has been turned into a Rasho vs. Nazr thread by a certain person, let me pose a question. Who would you feel more comfortable with taking a shot down low when the points are needed out of Rasho and Nazr?

Remember, out of Nazr or Rasho....don't say TD, or TP etc.

I think we all know the answer to this already.

Nazr is the best ft% big man on the team, so I know who my money would be on.

Amazing that you can't get it through your head that I said he "can" be a go-to guy working off of TD's double-teams.

Your just one of those guys that read peoples posts and try to disect it and twist it so you can argue for the sake of arguing right Ploto?

I've seen many of your other posts, and it never fails to take place.

Since you have it ALL figured out bro, maybe you should be consulting Pop on getting that rebounding problem fixed.

Still can't figure out why the Spurs would put Chip England on the staff to help out TP when all they had to do is have you work with him:)

What a joke...lose that chip on your shoulder and quit being so myopic man.