PDA

View Full Version : PSA: New skin option

Slomo
04-01-2006, 01:40 PM
In a few days I will retire the "SpursTalk Playoff Edition" skin. It's not useful anymore since it was made for the playoff animations of last year.

Instead - effective immediately - there will be a new skin called "Flash enabled Skin". You can select this new skin in the menu in the bottom left corner of the forum. You can also set it up in your user control panel as your default Style so that it will always be used whenever you log in.

Since this skin will incorporate among other things Flash animations you obviously need to have the free Flash Player (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOX) installed on you computer. Animations also take more space and processor power so if you're on an older computer or on a slow internet connection you might want to stick with the "Default Style" which will remain unchanged.

At this point the skin only has an animated banner celebrating that we are now in fact "after March", but I will be adding more stuff as the playoffs progress (and inspiration hits me :p).

Enjoy!

Manu20
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM
SPAM!! :tu

Kori Ellis
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks Slomo :)

Slomo
04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Kori, you are as always, most welcome!

boutons_
04-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I'd really like to run the playoff skin, and have a 1.6 GHz Thinkpad.

One of my "pet peeves" is finding my PC slowed down by gif/flash animations of ads and other totally useless bullshit when I have Firefox connected to several sites.

You've always done great work, but please go light on the animation.

polandprzem
04-01-2006, 02:23 PM
:lol

Good one

Slomo
04-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I'd really like to run the playoff skin, and have a 1.6 GHz Thinkpad.

One of my "pet peeves" is finding my PC slowed down by gif/flash animations of ads and other totally useless bullshit when I have Firefox connected to several sites.

You've always done great work, but please go light on the animation.One of the idea is to move from the gif anims to Flash. That should lighten the load to a certain extent. The current one is 250kB and shouldn't interefere with your weak PC :p too much. Seriously though if any future stuff seriously slows down your machine I'm always interested to hear it.

polandprzem
04-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Nothing is slowing down my machine :D

Slomo
04-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Sure!

PM me!

spurschick
04-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Spam, spam, spam... wonderful spam, spam, spam...

Solid D
04-01-2006, 04:38 PM
:tu For hours of end-over-end fun!!!

Nice work, Slomo.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2006, 05:31 PM
:tu For hours of end-over-end fun!!!

Nice work, Slomo.

What the man said!

Great job!!

drivanroca
04-01-2006, 11:55 PM
:tu

Quasar
04-02-2006, 02:19 AM
One of my "pet peeves" is finding my PC slowed down by gif/flash animations of ads and other totally useless bullshit when I have Firefox connected to several sites.Boutons - there's an excellent plugin for Firefox called Adblock - it can block all images/gifs/flash advertisements that you choose.

You can get it by clicking on the "Tools" menu bar, then selecting "Extensions". Clicking the link "Get More extensions" will open the official firefox page, listing all the extensions.

Phenomanul
04-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Great work Slomo...

@Work: Flash version :spin
@Home: default version :depressed