04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
B. Bowen 40 3-9 2-5 0-1 0 11 1 2 3 1 5 8

11 rebounds way to go bowen :fro

yeahone
04-02-2006, 05:26 PM
good performance bb

Kori Ellis
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Not really a good day for Bowen though. He got yelled at a lot by Pop for defense.

1Parker1
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I believe Bruce said he's made a concentrated effort to improve his rebounding this season. :tu

smeagol
04-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Not really a good day for Bowen though. He got yelled at a lot by Pop for defense.
Damn, Pop yelling at Bruce 'cause of his D!

Was it that bad? Or does Pop need to get laid and chill out? (sorry for planting the mental image of Pop getting laid :angel )

smeagol
04-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I believe Bruce said he's made a concentrated effort to improve his rebounding this season. :tu
That and his 10-15 ft jumper off the dribble

FromWayDowntown
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Pop really went at Bowen during a timeout in the 3rd Quarter last night. The Spurs defensive effort, as a group, was obviously abysmal during that quarter, but Pop did seem to be quite upset with Bruce.

1Parker1
04-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Pop really went at Bowen during a timeout in the 3rd Quarter last night. The Spurs defensive effort, as a group, was obviously abysmal during that quarter, but Pop did seem to be quite upset with Bruce.

Yep he did.

The Spurs' halftime lead of seven points had been wiped away by the Washington Wizards through the first eight minutes of the third quarter, so when Washington's Antawn Jamison nailed his second 3-point basket in a span of 30 seconds, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich had seen enough.

Popovich spent the first 10 seconds of a 20-second timeout forcefully reminding Bruce Bowen that staying with Jamison at the 3-point line had been a point of emphasis in the team's game plan, then told Manu Ginobili to replace Bowen in the lineup.

Bowen, a leading candidate for the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year Award, exited the huddle and walked to a lonely seat on the bench to contemplate a rare defensive mistake, one that contributed to the Wizards' 39-point quarter — a season high for any Spurs' opponent in any period.

"We had a plan, which was to limit their 3-point shooters," said Bowen, "and we didn't do a good job of that at all. I was included in that failure. There was that one that Antawn got in the corner that I was supposed to be out on him. That's why Pop had to call that timeout."

Bowen's momentary defensive deficiency was offset by his 11 rebounds, which matched his career high.

"Honestly," Bowen said, "this year I've made a concentrated effort to get more boards, especially when the alternative is just to stand out there, watching everything go on, and then say, 'Oh, I should have gotten that.'"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA040206.8C.BKNspurs.notebook.368f4e9.html

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2006, 08:07 PM
rebounding is what will make or break us in the finals so props to bruce on trying to work on that

Solid D
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Brent Barry said recently that the Spurs are charting rebounding by the Wings. I got the impression there was some friendly competition among them.

boutons_
04-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Bruce was told, IIRC, by the coaches before the season that they need more RBs from him.