PDA

View Full Version : Technology!?

Zombie
04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
What is the biggest break through in Technology you have seen in your living days?
When I say that I mean like Consumer Technology.
I was sitting out under a tree in my yard and saw my Direct tv dish and started thinking about not having cable tv as a kid. Then I started thinking about those big ass 8 foot dishes that started it all.

tech, has come a long way in the last 13 years, I wonder what's next?

Vizzini
04-02-2006, 10:16 PM
You know I love technology, Always and Forever.

ZStomp
04-02-2006, 10:35 PM
"Always and Forever"
(by Kipland Ronald Dynamite)

Why do you love me?
Why do you need me?
Always and forever

We met in a chat room
Where love can fully bloom
Sure the World Wide Web is great
But you, you make me "salvavate"

Yes I love technology
But not as much as you, you see
But I still love technology
Always and forever

Our love is like a flock of doves
Flying up to heav'n above
Always and forever
Always and forever

Yes, your love is truly great
Always and forever

Why do you need me?
Why do you love me?

http://griffinshockey.com.ismmedia.com/ISM2/10%20Years/150Kip.jpg

The Internet fool!!!

missmyzte
04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I was reading about some of the next advances in technology that are coming. They actually have the technology in the works where we could hold a conversation with our computer. That is scary! iRobot anyone?

Silver21_Black20
04-02-2006, 11:40 PM
"Always and Forever"
(by Kipland Ronald Dynamite)

Why do you love me?
Why do you need me?
Always and forever

We met in a chat room
Where love can fully bloom
Sure the World Wide Web is great
But you, you make me "salvavate"

Yes I love technology
But not as much as you, you see
But I still love technology
Always and forever

Our love is like a flock of doves
Flying up to heav'n above
Always and forever
Always and forever

Yes, your love is truly great
Always and forever

Why do you need me?
Why do you love me?

http://griffinshockey.com.ismmedia.com/ISM2/10%20Years/150Kip.jpg

The Internet fool!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Vashner
04-03-2006, 02:33 AM
I was reading about some of the next advances in technology that are coming. They actually have the technology in the works where we could hold a conversation with our computer. That is scary! iRobot anyone?

I talk to my computer all the time "come on you piece of shit boot!"..

Then a smack on the case and poof it works. AI is born!!

velik_m
04-03-2006, 05:05 AM

the last thing i want is chit-chat with a computer

Ginofan
04-03-2006, 07:10 AM

I love iRobot, crazy tech advances in that movie. What about just the advances in computers...you know how they have pictures of the huge ass computers that first came out you know that weighed 50 bajillion tons and took up a whole room...now they can fit in the palm of your hands.

And just think of all the stuff that the government doesn't let us know about...crazy.

Solid D
04-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Several of these come to mind. Some of these started out in a business or scientific setting and then moved dramatically to Consumer Technology. Some are High Technology some are Low Tech but impactful on consumers' everyday life, never-the-less.

Integrated Circuits
Microwave ovens
Packet Switching (ARPANET, TCP/IP)
Wireless communications for consumers
LED
Seatbelts
Birth Control Pills

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Toilets that flush themselves have to be the greatest invention since the wheel.

You stand up, and it flushes. That's amazing.

Solid D
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Fiber optics

Solid D
04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Prozac

:smokin

Mixability
04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Toilets that flush themselves have to be the greatest invention since the wheel.

You stand up, and it flushes. That's amazing.

I read a story that someplace, probably Japan, they have urinals with a touchscreen. They basically have a videogame screen for you to aim at. A shooting game of course, since Super Mario Bros wouldn't work. These urinals cut down on guys "missing" their target a substantial amount.

:tu

MoSpur
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
What about starting your car/truck with the remote alarm thing? That is awesome. Especially when its cold outside and you need to start the car/truck to let it run for some time. It beats going outside to start it and freezing.