PDA

View Full Version : Amare

snowboarder
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
I miss his game..

mavsfan1000
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Same here. The suns aren't as interesting without Amare's domination.

Rummpd
04-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Funny thing is that they seem to do ok without him but lose Nash for a few games and go to pot - for all his offensive talent he never was much of a defender and a very erratic rebounder.

He also may be the one Sun that is like a black hole - ball goes to him and it usually has been shot - not a bad decision with his talent.

Hope he comes back but doubt he will ever have the same physical dominance but could still be a darn fine and more well rounded player.

mavsfan1000
04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Shaq is also a black hole if you think about it. The difference betweem those 2 and other black holes is there is no answer for them.

Dre_7
04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
With enough rest, Amare will be back. It was a HUGE mistake to try and bring him back.

N4th4n
04-02-2006, 11:24 PM
With enough rest, Amare will be back. It was a HUGE mistake to try and bring him back.

You people who keep saying this have no clue what you are talking about. You need to stop listening to charles barkley, pay more attention to the situation if your gona spew crap. There was NO CHANCE to hurt the his left knee beyond what everone else in the league experiances. Overcompensation has caused swelling in his hamstings and fluid behind his kneecaps, he doesnt trust him self to land hard yet in traffic. MRI's show a little inflamation, for which he is now taking antinflamitories. HE approched coached D and said he was ready, Danotni figured why not, we are not gona lose the 2 seed and their is no risk to realy re-injure the knee. Amare proved he did not yet trust his body to play at a high level. As soon as he confident, and mentaly ready he will be back to his dominante self, this will probably happen next year due to that lack of time to incorparte him.

DDS4
04-02-2006, 11:46 PM
You people who keep saying this have no clue what you are talking about. You need to stop listening to charles barkley, pay more attention to the situation if your gona spew crap. There was NO CHANCE to hurt the his left knee beyond what everone else in the league experiances. Overcompensation has caused swelling in his hamstings and fluid behind his kneecaps, he doesnt trust him self to land hard yet in traffic. MRI's show a little inflamation, for which he is now taking antinflamitories. HE approched coached D and said he was ready, Danotni figured why not, we are not gona lose the 2 seed and their is no risk to realy re-injure the knee. Amare proved he did not yet trust his body to play at a high level. As soon as he confident, and mentaly ready he will be back to his dominante self, this will probably happen next year due to that lack of time to incorparte him.

I'm not speaking for Dre, but I think people are saying Amare came back to early was because of the overcompensating of the right knee and not because of reinjury to the left knee.

T-Pain
04-02-2006, 11:58 PM
yeah i miss seeing amare out there

JMarkJohns
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
The latest MRI after the failed comeback showed no damage in either knee. It did show signs consistant with having tight hamstrings, which can be attributed to not being in shape and trying to run with the Suns.

It was a risk, but nothing happened, so it wasn't a mistake as much as had he kept playing in said condition it could have been.

It was, however, pointless as the Denver and New Jersey Amare was nothing more than Brian Grant wearing an Amare jersey. Like 2-13 with minimal rebounds, jogging up and down the court.

That's why he needed to sit right now.

The cherry on top was the overall risk was still high.

Xylus
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Amare Stoudemire is my favorite basketball player. I love his athleticism, his passion for the game, his constant drive to improve his game, his unparalleled explosiveness, and his confidence. Not to mention, he's just a nice guy who overcame a rocky childhood.

If he returns next year and turns out to be a shadow of his old self, I'm going to be a very sad, sad Suns fan. :depressed