PDA

View Full Version : The World Cup thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:04 PM
What are you talking about? this has probably been the best refed WC ever...

Yeah, its not perfect, but it isnt terrible

rascal
06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Holland will come back. They are putting more pressure on Portugal and now with only 10 players. I wanted port to win because I thought they would lose.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Kiss my ass. The officiating hasn't been good. If you want the bitching to stop, it will when the officials become consistent. They've been horrible during this WC and everyone realizes it but you'd just rather ignore it.

Sorry Manny I would rather kiss somebody elses ass.

The officiating in soccer is like that. You won't get that consistienty in that sport. Referee sees the play from many feet from sometimes difficult angles and sometimes he is not seeing all the action. Plus he realises the players are acting, plus he must to guess what kind of contact it was (how hard).

Btw - the STFU was to all the bitching guys :)

Ariel
06-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Fuck the Netherlands, dirty ass bastards. Not only are they diving at any little thing, they took out Ronaldo by beating the shit out of him.
I can't wait until the next Dutch supporter comes with a straight face and full of fake indignation, accusing others of diving while still cheering for the worst flopper around in Robben. :lol :lmao :rollin

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I can't wait until the next Dutch supporter comes with a straight face and full of fake indignation, accusing others of diving while still cheering for the worst flopper around in Robben. :lol :lmao :rollin
yeah, notice how velik doesn't come here and complain about Robben flopping... weird... http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Kuyt fucking sucksssssssssssssssss

Phenomanul
06-25-2006, 03:17 PM
When I watch my FIFA fever DVD - Segment titled 'Greatest WC Controversies' I'll get back to you... but right now I'm recording the game so you will have to wait till the end of the game before you get your answer... sorry.

I won't forget to bump this though...

I know we're in the middle of the Dutch game... but I just remembered I had to bump this... I might as well do it now before I forget...

It was in 1990: Maradona should have been ejected for intentionally stopping a ball with his hand at the goal line vs. the USSR.

So yea the Argentineans are good... :tu

But let's not forget they're also lucky. :spin

Alright back to the game...

Phenomanul
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Is Van Nistelrooy hurt or suspended????

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
:lmao @ the faint act. Oh man, soccer players can be such bitches.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Man, Portugal is the team getting the better chances. So fhe Dutch have put pressure on them, but keep screwing shit up around the box or taking stupid shots.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
:lmao @ the faint act. Oh man, soccer players can be such bitches.
its not about being a bitch Manny. Its a part of football, players overrreact to get the refs attention.

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Van Persie & Robben = black holes

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:22 PM
No, thats called being a bitch. Just like Figo right there. He got hit but his acting job was what got the red pulled out.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:23 PM
When I first saw that, I thought it was worthy of a red, but looking at the replay I don't think it was.

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Same play Borgetti was complaining yesterday but didn't get a call...

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 03:25 PM

Not playing well = not playing

Damn Figos revenge- fucking floper. He is the best floper of all time thats why I hate him. He always flops.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Mannny is learning football

polandprzem
Mannny is learning football

You meant NOT learning?

MaNuMaNiAc
No, thats called being a bitch. Just like Figo right there. He got hit but his acting job was what got the red pulled out.
THAT's why they act :lol and players that think like you do end up losing calls. Get what I'm saying? You can complain all you want, but if a player is able to overreact and get the call, they'll do it everytime, and that applies to EVERYONE! Including the Dutch.

polandprzem
You meant NOT learning?

Yup sorry - my mistake

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Are you answering your own posts? weird..

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Fight! Fight! Fig... Dammit, Bob Lanier got it first...

Scrum! Scrum! Scrum!

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 03:36 PM
15th yellow card of the match! :elephant One off the record!

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 03:37 PM
What a mess; the game is officially out of control.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:37 PM
You still think this ref is doing a good job? What a fuck up. Deco got tossed for what? And now even if they win he misses a fucking game for what??!?!? Man, HORRIBLE.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
You still think this ref is doing a good job? What a fuck up. Deco got tossed for what? And now even if they win he misses a fucking game for what??!?!? Man, HORRIBLE.
Manny what Deco did was an immediate yellow card, its in the rulebook. You can't grab the ball once the ref calls a free kick for the opposing team. Deco was delaying the game. I still think the ref is doing a bad job, but that shit was a yellow!

MannyIsGod
My god Kuyt sucks!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lanier
What a save by Ricardo!

MannyIsGod
Manumania, ok, I see what you're saying.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
If I was Dutch I'd disown Kuyt. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Man, if this is the best officiated WC, I can't imagine how others were. :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Man, if this is the best officiated WC, I can't imagine how others were. :lmao
I wouldn't say this has been the best officiated one, but it sure as hell has been a lot better than 2002 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Maybe this should be a lesson for FIFA that they should start using professional refs instead of people who do it as part time hobby.

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Jiminy Christmas he just spiked the hell out of the goalkeeper. Deco might have deserved a yellow but I don't think he deserved to be body-slammed. The ref has lost control of the game and it's starting to look like the WWE out there (especially with all the fake injuries, ha!).

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Who will the Dutch fans hate more, Kuyt or their coach? :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:46 PM
What the hell?? Whats going on?? does everyone think their hand is the "hand of god" now?? :lmao

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 03:47 PM
I hate the Dutch for wearing their crappy white and blue kit. They shouldn't wear anything other than traffic cone orange.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 03:47 PM
:lmao and the Dutch goalkeeper just got kicked in the head.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Fuck man. I hope hte Dutch score. I don't want this game to end. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Kuyt agains misses the cross. :lol

I hate Kuyt.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Fuck man. I hope hte Dutch score. I don't want this game to end. :lol
its entertaining shit when its not ones team in there! :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:51 PM
its entertaining shit when its not ones team in there! :lmaoNo shit. :lmao

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Bicycle clearances make me happy.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Theres the record.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
:tu Another red card. :elephant

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:55 PM
:lmao @ the huddle of sent off players.

Gerryatrics
I think the ref is starting to lose track of his cards, someone needs to slip him another pack or two. I'm supporting Portugal but I almost want to see the Dutch tie it up to send it into extra time.

MaNuMaNiAc
thats the ball game, Holland going home

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:56 PM
They are teammates in Barcelona, but that was a great image

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Crazy game. Shit, after a game like that I think Portugal will beat England. England has shown absolutely noooooooooooooooooooothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhing so far and a game like that will harden a team in any sport.

Pretty enterataining, my condolences to Velik and Alamo. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh, because I'm sure no body knows my feelings on this, I think Kuyt fucking SUCKS.

danyel
06-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Portugal will be missing Costinha and more importantly Deco for the next game

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Portugal is going to get run over by England. They'll be missing Deco, Costinho, and perhaps Christiano Ronaldo with the injury.

danyel
06-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Scolari is 11-0-0 in WC matches with Brazil and Portugal, impressive.

velik_m
:madrun

Van Basten is the worst coach ever!

rest of the rant tomorrow.

spurschick
I only caught the very end of the game. I know that Ronaldo went out early, but what happened?

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 04:01 PM
England has sucked ass so far. I don't think they'll be running over anyone.

polandprzem
That was what I love in soccer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MannyIsGod

Van Basten is the worst coach ever!

rest of the rant tomorrow.Godamnit I want it now!

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Great game. Again referee was in big trouble. Some situations in soccer needs to be cleared by instant replay, and they shoyuld done that after 2002.

fantastic game - but with some penalties I would be in soccer heaven

Gerryatrics
06-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I only caught the very end of the game. I know that Ronaldo went out early, but what happened?

Took a solid kick, spikes up, to the thigh. He tried to hang tough for a while but he got nailed pretty good.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2006, 04:04 PM
I think its more like what did not happen? :lol There was a ton of yellow cards and 3 red cards. Several would be fights and a ref that shouldn't quit his day job :lol

Three Lions
06-25-2006, 04:10 PM
They are teammates in Barcelona, but that was a great image

I know, bloke. Bloody well almost touched myself. Almost.

spurschick
06-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I saw about a minute just before the half and saw Costinho get the red card and I heard them talking about Ronaldo and whether he's played in his last WC. I didn't know wtf they were talking about. They showed him on the side, but I couldn't tell if he'd been injured or if he'd gotten a red card. Wish I'd gotten to see more of the game. :depressed

Sense
06-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I think its more like what did not happen? :lol There was a ton of yellow cards and 3 red cards. Several would be fights and a ref that shouldn't quit his day job :lol

4 red cards... and around 15 yellow ones..

Worst officiating I've seen in my life.

MannyIsGod
06-25-2006, 04:13 PM
16 yellows. They tied the record.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 04:19 PM

How many you've seen?

NASpurs
06-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I loved this Portugal/Holland game! One of the most physical games I've seen in a while and not only that, it was really entertaining despite the 1-0 score. My Dad and I were laughing because we thought there was going to be a 10 minute stoppage time; well we weren't that far off. Really brutual game and lots of little fights here and there. Hell of a game! :tu

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
I saw about a minute just before the half and saw Costinho get the red card and I heard them talking about Ronaldo and whether he's played in his last WC. I didn't know wtf they were talking about. They showed him on the side, but I couldn't tell if he'd been injured or if he'd gotten a red card. Wish I'd gotten to see more of the game. :depressed

Him just like rooney, have serious attitude problemz, WC is not like national league where u get superstar treatment calls :D, seen that england game where first half all rooney did was whine and shoutin at the refs.

Sense
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
How many you've seen?

Alot?

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Alot?

Three or four? :huh

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Portugal is going to get run over by England. They'll be missing Deco, Costinho, and perhaps Christiano Ronaldo with the injury.

what joe cole has shown so far in this tourney > c.ronaldo, only problem i have with england team atm is playin shit and lampard is not livin up to his reputation, his had so many shots at goal but to shoot it outside into the stands. he is probaly teh dissapointing player on the england team.

Streakyshooter08
06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
@spurschick: Ronaldo got hit hard and had to be substituted. I also hope he is okay. Will be an interesting game against England. (and I will be in the stadium :))

NASpurs
06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
@spurschick: Ronaldo got hit hard and had to be substituted. I also hope he is okay. Will be an interesting game against England. (and I will be in the stadium :)):madrun

Lucky you!

Streakyshooter08
06-25-2006, 04:41 PM

Lucky you!

Yeah, I am really looking forward to that game. I don't really know who to root for but I just hope to see a good game. I could post some pictures when I come back if anybody is interested in seeing them?!

I don't think England will "run over " Portugal. England played like crap and even a team without Deco and Costinho should give them a fight (assuming Ronaldo will be back). England needs to play better to get past them...

Sense
06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Three or four? :huh
.......... someone's trying to be a smartass...

resistanze
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Bwahaha what a game. I was hoping they'd kill each other.

resistanze
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
And Mr. Big Head is getting his ass suspended.

spurschick
06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
@spurschick: Ronaldo got hit hard and had to be substituted. I also hope he is okay. Will be an interesting game against England. (and I will be in the stadium :))

That's fantastic! I am fascinated by the fans right now and how much heart they bring.

polandprzem
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
.......... someone's trying to be a smartass...

Who?

Everybody know that I am a smartass so you wasn't talking to me :fro

spurschick
06-25-2006, 07:55 PM
More mindless drivel. I know... "who gives a shit what Eva thinks", but it's the off-season and it's slow.

2006 FIFA WORLD CUP: 'Both teams played their hearts out'
/noticias.info/ by FIFAworldcup.com

Eva Longoria, actress

After landing roles on The Bold and the Beautiful, General Hospital and co-starring on Beverly Hills, 90210, Miss Corpus Christi USA 1998 auditioned for and won the role of Isabella on the popular series, The Young and the Restless. More recently, Eva Longoria became well known worldwide thanks to Desperate Housewives where she plays adulteress Gabrielle Solis. She also has a contract with L'Oreal and has been named one of the world’s most beautiful people, which boyfriend Tony Parker won’t deny.

Where did you see the match? How was the atmosphere?
Tony and I saw Mexico v Argentina. We watched one half at home and the other half at a restaurant where we ate lunch. All of the Mexican cooks from the kitchen of the restaurant were standing still watching the game. They were so mesmerized by every play of the game. I found it more interesting to watch the people watching the game.

What did you think about it? Do you think the score reflects the game played?
It was a great game! The game was tied the entire time and both teams played their hearts out. I was sad when Argentina scored in overtime. It was sad to see Mexico lose.

What was the turning point? Who were the key players today?
Overtime was the turning point for Argentina. They scored a beautiful goal. The key players for Mexico was Rafael Marquez and the good player for Argentina was (Hernan) Crespo.

Tell us the worst/best moment of the match.
The best moment was when Marquez scored the first goal for Mexico because we were 1-0. The worst moment was overtime.

Have you seen other games since the beginning of the FIFA World Cup?
I have seen more soccer games this week than I have in my entire life thanks to Tony. I love watching England play.

Which team do you support?
Obviously USA, but they were out early. And of course I am rooting for France since Tony and I know some of the players.

What kind of supporter are you?
I am a pretty quiet soccer fan. Since I am new to this sport I don’t think I have enough passion yet to scream and yell like the fans there in Germany. I look forward to evolving into that kind of fan.

Do you stand and sing the national anthem when your country is playing?
Yes, you can’t help it.

Which is the best player you have seen so far in the tournament, or the one who made the greatest impression?
I thought Thierry Henry has been great for France, also Marquez from Mexico. Brazil has Ronaldhino who has been amazing to watch and I think that David Beckham has been a pretty amazing passer in the games and today he scored off a free kick. He’s fun to watch.

Which are the matches you absolutely don't want to miss during this FIFA World Cup ?
Well Tony would kill me if we missed a France game, but other than that I enjoy watching Germany just because they are the home team and have thousands and thousands of screaming fans. So it is fun to watch them be proud of their country. And of course Brazil since they are the most winning team of the World Cup so it is fun to see champions defend their title.

Do you have a second choice team?
Well both Mexico and USA are out. So those were my choices, but I am now rooting for France and Argentina.

What do you think of the stadiums in Germany, and the atmosphere at the matches?
I am glad I am not there. It looks too crazy! The fans are so fun to watch, the way they paint their faces and hold their flags. It is nice to see people so passionate about something.

What do you like in football?
Tony made me start watching soccer because he is a huge fan of it. The only soccer player I even knew about was David Beckham. But being with Tony, I now know a lot more about soccer and about the players.

Can you remember the first FIFA World Cup you've seen? The greatest match you've ever seen ?
This is my first World Cup!

The game you would have liked to see?
I would have loved to have seen France and USA just so that Tony and I would have a little rivalry going!

hendrix
06-25-2006, 08:12 PM
I know we're in the middle of the Dutch game... but I just remembered I had to bump this... I might as well do it now before I forget...

It was in 1990: Maradona should have been ejected for intentionally stopping a ball with his hand at the goal line vs. the USSR.

So yea the Argentineans are good... :tu

But let's not forget they're also lucky. :spin

Alright back to the game...

I am not sure of that play, but all i can say is rules have changed significantly over the years. I remember same thing happening in 1978, when argentine defender Tarantini stopped a goal with his hand and was given only a yellow card. The great goalkeeper Filliol later stopped the penalty kick, but the point is.. that was customary during those years... there was no "last man" rule, etc, etc...
About the play you mention, what i assume is the referee didnt see the hand in the first place.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.balloonco.com/2go/balloonco/tunnel/Tunnel%20w%20Soccerball%20Topper%20Front%20view.jp g

kolko
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
I remember same thing happening in 1978, when argentine defender Tarantini stopped a goal with his hand and was given only a yellow card.
It was Mario Kempes who stopped the goal. And I don't remember if he was given a yellow card or not.

Three Lions
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Where did you see the match? How was the atmosphere?
Tony and I saw Mexico v Argentina. We watched one half at home and the other half at a restaurant where we ate lunch. All of the Mexican cooks from the kitchen of the restaurant were standing still watching the game. They were so mesmerized by every play of the game. I found it more interesting to watch the people watching the game.

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/tony%20parker%20gq.jpg "Eva, my steak is burnt. This is all chefs do, they just mess with people."

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/07/22/longoria.jpg "The chef is just a Mexican soccer fan. He only wants your autograph."

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/images/tony%20parker%20gq.jpg "C'est la vie."

mike detroit
06-25-2006, 09:39 PM
went to the tigers game today, so just got to watch the portugal-holland game now. what a ridiculous mess. it was just a stupid red card bonanza.

Phenomanul
06-25-2006, 10:23 PM
I am not sure of that play, but all i can say is rules have changed significantly over the years. I remember same thing happening in 1978, when argentine defender Tarantini stopped a goal with his hand and was given only a yellow card. The great goalkeeper Filliol later stopped the penalty kick, but the point is.. that was customary during those years... there was no "last man" rule, etc, etc...
About the play you mention, what i assume is the referee didnt see the hand in the first place.

The ref didn't see it... that was the controversy.... and the luck aspect I was referring to...

But to excel in this type of tournament you need a combination of many things... one of which is luck... and Argentina has it.

danyel
06-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I've just seen the Bouhlarouz foul on Ronaldo again, that was criminal, he should have been sent off right away, so should have Figo for hitting another player with his head.

Phenomanul
06-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I've just seen the Bouhlarouz foul on Ronaldo again, that was criminal, he should have been sent off right away, so should have Figo for hitting another player with his head.

I think FIFA will watch the tape and suspend him... it's not unprecedented.

mike detroit
06-25-2006, 10:56 PM
best commentry of the match: portugal may move on today, but this ref won't

Streakyshooter08
06-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Seems like Christiano Ronaldo will play against England. That is good, I am glad he is not hurt seriously.

velik_m
06-26-2006, 04:49 AM
:pctoss What was this?!?!?
THIS WAS A PIECE OF SHIT GAME BY THE DUTCH!! A total disgrace to holland, not a hint of total football or any real football for that matter.

lets start at the top:

COACH
Marco :flipoff - you are without doubt the worst dutch coach i have ever seen. no selection, no play, no players. lets list the mistakes you made:

team selection :cuss
this was without doubt the most talent deprived team the holland ever fielded - crapy d, no firepower upfront, average midfield, good goalie - you expected to compete with that? where were davids, seedorf...? heck at this point i would rather have Bergkamp, or Kluivert playing on one leg in the attack than fucking Kuyt!

tactics :cuss
What happened to great football played by dutch? your only decent players on the field are midfielders and you decide to skip them? play long ball? :cuss how many teams will there be in qf playing long ball? i'll tell you how many - none. And if you go with long ball at least stick a quality attacker there, not some fucking Kuyt. At times Cocu was on the wing in the first half - WTF was that? :cuss
second half was a bit better, but not much.
you should exploit doubling of Robben, instead of letting all the players watch him lose the ball over and over again.

subs :cuss
you brought defender in game when we were down, you left the best scorer in the team on the bench. enough said. :cuss you started the game with Kuyt? WHY? WHY? WHY? he didn't do anything against Agrentina scrubs what made you think he will ba any better against portugal? :cuss :flipoff

all in all you completly butchered the game that Holland was famous for. :flipoff

PLAYERS

Kuyt - you suck. it's not your fault coach put you in there, but you should break your leg or something to stop him from doing that. :flipoff

van Persie - totally misused, a bit better in the second half. there's a reason you don't start in Arsenal. (your flop at the end in the penalty box was comical) :td

Robben - you overrated bitch. if you spend half the time you spend trying to win a faul, on trying to get a ball in the box, maybe we would get somewhere. :td

midfield - non-existant in this game. some of it was your fault, some of it was tactics. :td

defense - what ever i say will be a waste of time. :cuss :td

van Nistelrooy - nice warming up.

------------

Edwin van der SAR
only one who showed up. I had your pic in my sig for this WC and you did me proud. The best goalie of this WC. :tu

------------

congrats to Portugal.

velik_m
06-26-2006, 04:53 AM
commenting the comments:

yeah, notice how velik doesn't come here and complain about Robben flopping... weird... http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

i was watching the game and didn't have the computer on. Robben may flop, but Sorin takes it to the next level - and he's a defender!

Van Basten is an idiot.

Deco's first yellow should be a red, the second was a legit yellow also.

My god Kuyt sucks!!!!!!!!!

i agree.

I wouldn't say this has been the best officiated one, but it sure as hell has been a lot better than 2002 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Maybe this should be a lesson for FIFA that they should start using professional refs instead of people who do it as part time hobby.

Yes, it's better than 2002 on average, but there have been some really terrible also. Offsides are called much better than they used to be, so thats a big improvement.

Who will the Dutch fans hate more, Kuyt or their coach? :lol

I hate Van Basten more - he put Kuyt in there.

I hate Kuyt.

So do i.

:lmao and the Dutch goalkeeper just got kicked in the head.

not funny.

Crazy game. Shit, after a game like that I think Portugal will beat England. England has shown absolutely noooooooooooooooooooothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhing so far and a game like that will harden a team in any sport.

Pretty enterataining, my condolences to Velik and Alamo. :lol

i think England will beat Portugal.

Oh, because I'm sure no body knows my feelings on this, I think Kuyt fucking SUCKS.

i agree.

Godamnit I want it now!

it was late, i was depressed, i had to get up early next day and i just wanted to go to sleep. Anyway - better late than never.

16 yellow, 4 reds. The worst? no, there have been couple worse in THIS WC. Afterall they only TIED the record number of yellow cards.

Gerryatrics
06-26-2006, 04:59 AM
I'm still mad they didn't wear the traffic cone orange kits. :madrun

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 05:02 AM
I feel for you dude. That was a tough way to go down.

I think I have quite a bit to learn about what constitutes cards when and where.

What amazes me is how someone who knows as little about the game as me could see plain as day that Kuyt had no business on that field what so ever yet the Dutch coach couldn't.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Can Australia make it interesting this morning? I don't think they can. The late game just seems boring to me.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 05:03 AM
BTW, does anyone have good links for me as far as soccer forums or places I can get good news? Soccernet on espn just fucking blows.

velik_m
06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
I feel for you dude. That was a tough way to go down.

I think I have quite a bit to learn about what constitutes cards when and where.

What amazes me is how someone who knows as little about the game as me could see plain as day that Kuyt had no business on that field what so ever yet the Dutch coach couldn't.

tough way? i don't know, they played bad, they lost. somehow that is easier to get by than playing good and then losing on penalties or a lucky goal by opposition. i'm just disapointed they played bad. One thing about the dutch you could always count on - even if they lose your going to see a good game. that didn't happen yesterday.

for the rules:
laws of the game (http://www.fifa.com/en/laws/menu.htm)

Gerryatrics
06-26-2006, 05:24 AM
BTW, does anyone have good links for me as far as soccer forums or places I can get good news? Soccernet on espn just fucking blows.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/

I use the USA Men forum as a starting point (here (http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)). They have a bunch of World Cup forums (here (http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1039)), including a Round of 16 forum (here (http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1152)).

xcoriate
06-26-2006, 05:52 AM
So pumped for tonight.

It's totally going to ruin my sleeping schedule though :(

I got home from work at 6 slept till 8.30, I will eat dinner, then play basketball at 10, then come home, watch the game which provided we dont goto extra time will end around 3, then sleep for another 3 hours, then work again!

Anyway I'll get over it.

Come on Aussie!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 06:58 AM
i was watching the game and didn't have the computer on. Robben may flop, but Sorin takes it to the next level - and he's a defender!

actually the whole Argentinian team is flopping like fish fresh our of water. Its not something I like, but since there is nothing I can really do about it, I tend to counter excessive flopping with genius goals like Maxi Rodriguez's :lol

My condolences mate, its not easy taking a loss in the World Cup elimination rounds.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 07:26 AM
So pumped for tonight.

It's totally going to ruin my sleeping schedule though :(

I got home from work at 6 slept till 8.30, I will eat dinner, then play basketball at 10, then come home, watch the game which provided we dont goto extra time will end around 3, then sleep for another 3 hours, then work again!

Anyway I'll get over it.

Come on Aussie!

if we win i wanan see the yobz, go lygon st and parade like no tommarow, if they lose havoc!!!

xcoriate
06-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Are you going to fed sq or lygon st?

I wish I wasn't working I'd so be heading out to Fed Sq about now, it would be an amazing atmosphere tonight.

Anyway turns out I had a walkover for basketball anyway, woke up early for nothng, fuck.

mike detroit
06-26-2006, 08:10 AM

in that game, what constituted cards is normally called moving

austinfan
06-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Good luck, Aussies! This is a match where I'd love to see an upset.

rascal
06-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Portugal might be better off without Costinho. That guy played like he had money on holland. He wanted out of the game as soon as possible.

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2006, 08:47 AM
^Yes, but they will have problem because Deco and Cristiano Ronaldo are not going to play.

Today, I hope that Italy and Switzerland will win.

Streakyshooter08
06-26-2006, 08:57 AM
^Yes, but they will have problem because Deco and Cristiano Ronaldo are not going to play.

Ronaldo said, that it is not that bad and that he expects to play against England, so just Deco missing. Will be a tough game for both teams.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I really hope the Aussies win today, I hate Italy's soccer team.

Go Australia!

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Ronaldo said, that it is not that bad and that he expects to play against England, so just Deco missing. Will be a tough game for both teams.

Sorry didn`t know that. So that is great for Portugal. I hope that Portugal will win England, because ENG did not show nothing yet. :king

resistanze
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Bwahahahah Materazzi

Duncan21
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
bullshit thats no red card, come on Italy!!!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
red card?? wow, refs are using red cards more leisurely as of late. Italy can still beat Australia with 10 men.

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2006, 11:14 AM
WTF?? I would like to kick that motherfucking ref in his ass. Materazzi made a foul on Italy player and not on Australia player, there was no contact betwen them. That foul was not even for a yellow card.

GO ITALY GO

velik_m
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
it was border yellow, certainly not red. Italy got shafted against Hidding led team - again. Expect them to go balistic if they lose this one.

i'm betting on penalties.

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
^^
Me too. There will be no goals in the regular time.

Phenomanul
06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
red card?? wow, refs are using red cards more leisurely as of late. Italy can still beat Australia with 10 men.

Except in the Mexico vs. Argentina match (Scaloni deserved at least two yellows and Heinze deserved a red).... :depressed

Oh well, it will take me about two to three weeks to get over it.... I will root for Argentina if Scaloni doesn't set foot on the field... his post-game quotes were disrespectful of the Mexican side... Unlike those of Messi, Tevez, or Riquelme which were honorable in victory.

Duncan21
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
penalty italy come on!!!!!!

Duncan21
06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
totti is taking it

resistanze
bwahaha @ penalty

Duncan21
Goal!!!!!!!!!

velik_m
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
The ref giveth and the ref taketh away.

Duncan21
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
that was a great penalty under huge pressure

well done to totti and italy, and australia are going home :lol :smokin

velik_m
06-26-2006, 11:53 AM
well i was almost right, it was just one penalty though.

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant

Good call, good kick. If Australia wanted to win this, they should have tried to win it rather than trying to wear the Italians out for the first 80 minutes. The Socceroos' offense was just brutal to watch.

Spurologist
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
:lol

Of all the things that could happen. Italy down to ten men. They play like crap for most of the 2nd half. What happens. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The ref gives a penalty.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
seriously australia shouldve won that game, that viduka is a waste of space seriously, all he does is take up space and nothing else in that game, that tackle was nothing and a penalty fuckn bs.

hendrix
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
That was not a penalty... not even close.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant

Good call, good kick. If Australia wanted to win this, they should have tried to win it rather than trying to wear the Italians out for the first 80 minutes. The Socceroos' offense was just brutal to watch.

that was clearly a dive, neil didnt even did anythink besides slidin and teh other dude couldve just jumped over him, dude puts on a oscar act.

australia had many chances when italy was down to 10 man, but fuckn they shouldve shoot instead of tryin to get further inside for no reason.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
That was not a penalty... not even close.

i cant believe with the shit italy has gotten away so many times in this tourney, they are best floppers in the game, and when things dont go their way, they put on the pansy act.

they cannot play a physical game. physical game for them = more floppin

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
So what? The man fell down and he deliberately tripped over him. Good thinking.

The trip was real.

Duncan21
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
seriously australia shouldve won that game, that viduka is a waste of space seriously, all he does is take up space and nothing else in that game, that tackle was nothing and a penalty fuckn bs.

vaduka is one of, if not the best australian player and if you can't see what he does for australia and middlesborough well then stop talking about football because you don't know what your talking about, you obviously don't see him play for middlesborough week in week out.

Ariel
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
And then, after pathetic displays like the one the Netherlands and Portugal gave us yesterday, and this one by the Italians, you have to endure stone faced Europeans daring to call others dirty... unbelievable...

Yesterday a few players should have been not only sent off, but taken to jail after the match... both the Netherlands and Portugal were a disgrace on the court.

And what can you say about today's game.. that dive was outrageous, amongst the worst I've ever seen... he just jumped over the Australian defender and fell as if struck by lightning... and the ref bought it!!!

Unbelievable.

I only hope it serves for some to regroup their thoughts before spewing nonsense as usual.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 12:11 PM
That Was Bullshit

Screw You Refs And That One Flopping Italian! I Hope The Aussie Fans Give Him The Crap He Deserves

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
vaduka is one of, if not the best australian player and if you can't see what he does for australia and middlesborough well then stop talking about football because you don't know what your talking about, you obviously don't see him play for middlesborough week in week out.

im talkin soley on this game, he basically did nothing, either when he touch the ball he backheeled it for no reason, fuckn shouldve just gone for goal.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I see all you crying about the PK aren't saying a word about the red card that shifted the momentum to the Aussies. Funny how that works, eh?

austinfan
06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Ugh. What a horrible game. But don't worry Aussies, Italy will be taken out by the winner of the Argentina-Germany showdown.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
that was a great penalty under huge pressure

well done to totti and italy, and australia are going home :lol :smokin

yeh coz of a bullshit call

Australia > Italy in todays game

Italy is very overrated in this world cup, they wont do shit against the likes of Germany, Argentina or Brazil

enjoy your botched victory. No wonder the Serie A is in a mess, all the players, coaches and refs have their hands in each others pockets

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:18 PM
italy traineds there players to pk, they are clearly in the wrong sport, they should go into diving

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I see all you crying about the PK aren't saying a word about the red card that shifted the momentum to the Aussies. Funny how that works, eh?

Aussies were outplaying Italy b4 the red card. Italy won on a bullshit call and Australia was the better team, it was easy to see :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Ugh. What a horrible game. But don't worry Aussies, Italy will be taken out by the winner of the Argentina-Germany showdown.

:elephant for sure, Italy is shit and overrated to no extent in this world cup

06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
yeh coz of a bullshit call

Australia > Italy in todays game

Italy is very overrated in this world cup, they wont do shit against the likes of Germany, Argentina or Brazil

enjoy your botched victory. No wonder the Serie A is in a mess, all the players, coaches and refs have their hands in each others pockets

11>10

And the Azzurri had no problems with the Germans in March...

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
that last play, shouldve let it gone into extra time, instead of allowin a ref to decide the outcome of the game.

06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
that last play, shouldve let it gone into extra time, instead of allowin a ref to decide the outcome of the game.

No reason for the defender to go down in the first place. If he stays on his feet, we'd still be watching...

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
wtf did fifa started to hire nba refs? hahhaa

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:25 PM
11>10

And the Azzurri had no problems with the Germans in March...

11>10?

the ref was the 11th man on the italy team

Gerryatrics
06-26-2006, 12:31 PM
No reason for the defender to go down in the box? He's a freaking defender, what else is he going to do but slide to block any shot attempts? He slid to try to block or trap the ball, the Italian player flopped like a little bitch and as par for this World Cup, the ref bought it and made the worst call possible, a penalty kick. I'm still in shock as to what a pathetic ending that was.

The Aussies got screwed.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
:elephant for sure, Italy is shit and overrated to no extent in this world cup

i dont give a shit, even though im still ventin over the controversy loss.

seriously wilkshire didnt deserve the startin spot, he fuckn did nothing.

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
THIS IS THE FIRST MATCH WHEN I GOT FUCKING PISSED OFF :pctoss

Why the ref is whistelig the penalty at the last possible action of a game :wtf
Cause this was not a clear faul. In that situation you are not calling that kind of play as a penalty.
On a replay you could see the flop of a year, he was passing (with the ball) the laying Aussie then he saw an oppurtunity left one leg and pulls of Manu.

Jeezz I'm pissed

The ref made a mistake and the defense made a mistake. There should be at least two more players to secure the drive dammit. It was even worst then Manus faul on Dirk.
Damn I'm pissed. I used to like Italy till 2004 then I didn't liked them, now I hate them. Fuckin Gatuso :flipoff

Damn I'm pissed.

It's not even funny

austinfan
06-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Italy: Most overrated team in this Cup, and that includes England. I'll now be watching all of their games just so that I can root against them. They're like a team of 11 Mark Cubans--cynical, unsportsmanlike and willing to do any amount of whining to get themselves a win.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
No reason for the defender to go down in the box? He's a freaking defender, what else is he going to do but slide to block any shot attempts? He slid to try to block or trap the ball, the Italian player flopped like a little bitch and as par for this World Cup, the ref bought it and made the worst call possible, a penalty kick. I'm still in shock as to what a pathetic ending that was.

The Aussies got screwed.

yeh true, if you look at the replay, the defender missed him and went down holdin his arms in not tryin to do anything stupid to block the italian players path. dude didnt even clip his legs or anything, the italian player decides to flop like the pansy they are, and the 11th (ref) man fell for it

i think i hear sum sirens goin in my neighboorhood, since i live about 2kms away from teh CBD, where they are showin the games live with 10000 ppl attendin to watch the game, and livin in a city with 60000-150000 italians. i feel sorry for those 7-eleven shops tonite they are goin to be vandalised by disgruntled aussie fans hahaha

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:48 PM
australia has shown more than what their rankin shows, hope we are rank top10 or above USA who is rank 5th who didnt show much in teh tourney.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.keithball.net/img/football/italyDive.gif

dive perfect score

and there was a camera on teh end of teh field as u can see in teh gif, and they didnt show the replay of it, fuckn ref :madrun

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I missed the game. But it figures there was another blown call.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Can't fifa afford one more Ref's assistant or 2? Godamn.

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Can't fifa afford one more Ref's assistant or 2? Godamn.

In that kind situations instant replay is the cure.
If the ref have any doubt go and see frickin replay! Plus you've got a technical ref

tlongII
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Seahawks vs Steelers

Spurs vs Mavericks

Australia vs Italy

The refs are having a good year.

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Seahawks vs Steelers

Spurs vs Mavericks

Australia vs Italy

The refs are having a good year.

Tlong would you hit that penalty?

Nesterofish
06-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Ginobili is an Italian last name.

Suddenly, things make perfect sense.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
If the ref have any doubt go and see frickin replay! Plus you've got a technical ref

wats worst is that this was the idiot ref who ref the australian-uruguay qualification game 1 i think.

06-26-2006, 02:16 PM

No need for instant replay, it was a good call.

http://i4.tinypic.com/15rbck3.jpg

Gee, I wonder why his hand is on his ankle? And you can clearly see Grosso's foot make contact with Neill's hip. Now STFU about it...

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Gee I wonder why his ankle is on his hand?

06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Gee I wonder why his ankle is on his hand?

According to this thread, the Italians have perfected diving so that should come as no surprise...

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Tactic tactic tactic Swiss vs Ukraine

alamo50
06-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok...............

Watching that viscious attack from our turkish defender on Ronaldo I felt dissgusted. This looked very much like a planned attack to take out the opponents most dangerous weapon although I still refuse to believe this was Van Basten's plan.

I never liked Robben and now the entire world has seen why.
Same for Van Bommel.

Kuyt is not a striker in my book and starting him the 2nd half instead of putting in Van Nistelrooy or Babel was a mystery to me.
On top of that most of you don't even know that the young rising star player Huntelaar from Ajax Amsterdam wasn't selected by Van Basten. He only scored about 50 goals this past season. Kuyt got at least 8 chances to score a goal, but came short again and again. Not that he didn't put in the effort, he just ain't the typical dutch killer striker. Huntelaar would have needed just half of a chance to succeed.

Our midfield was non-excistent and that was much to the blame of Cocu who is just too old to act on this level of play.

What it all comes down to is that we were the strongest and Portugal was the smartest.
What dissapointed me the most was that Van Basten told in the pressconference that the young squad had a lot to learn about acting from the Portugese.........

All in all it was good experience for the mostly young players on the way to the qualification for Euro '08.

Sad that we didn't let the world see what we are capable of and very sad for the best goalie of the tournament who played his record 113th cap for the national team; Edwin van der Sar and his team let him down like this.........

GO ARGENTINA!!!

(although Nostradamus predicted a spanish victory on German ground at the end of the 6th month of 2006)

polandprzem
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
(although Nostradamus predicted a spanish victory on German ground at the end of the 6th month of 2006)

Yeah - funny stuff

:drunk :drunk :drunk damn what a game swiss

Phil Hellmuth
06-26-2006, 04:08 PM
this game is zzzzzzzz

austinfan
06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
this game is zzzzzzzz

The play-by-play of it on the Guardian website is pretty funny though.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
This has to be the most boring WC game I've ever watched.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:12 PM
The play-by-play of it on the Guardian website is pretty funny though.link?

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Shit!

austinfan
06-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Here it is: http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/minbymin/0,,1788427,00.html. It's veddy, veddy British, but very, very snarky, as are most of their PBPs.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:29 PM

That shit rules man!

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Extra time full time Penalties it is then. The final whistle is met by a generous round of applause, though it's probably more in thanks to the referee for bringing this to an end.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Penalties!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha I Love Them!

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Shevchoko! :elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
Hahahahahahaha Schevchenko Sucks!

MannyIsGod
Therese motherfuckers can't evne make PKs!

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Man, will this shit ever end? :lmao

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 04:34 PM
You're supposed to make the fucking kicks!

Christ, even an Australian could make one of these.

Bob Lanier
06-26-2006, 04:35 PM
:madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, the Swiss suck.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, its over.

NASpurs
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
It must suck to be the Swiss. Throughout the tournament they didn't let a single team score and even in this game the Ukraine didn't score yet until the PKs they're being sent home. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 04:41 PM
You're supposed to make the fucking kicks!

Christ, even an Australian could make one of these.

they did, many times

- To get through Uruguay and to the World Cup

- To draw with Croatia and get to the 16

they wouyld have got more but apparently they dont flop as much as the Italians so therefore they dont deserve them
:smokin

austinfan
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM

That shit rules man!

I know, right? :lol No one does snark like the Brits.

And who wants to bet that the Italy-Ukraine quarterfinal (ugh) is going to end in penalties too? Woohoo!

Not.

rasho8
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I hate ESPN.. I want to watch my shows and all I see is FUXING WORLD CUP BULLSHIT!!!!

Play that crap on ESPN 8 or something, good lord.

And later on this week when the FIFA shit isnt on.. I get Womens Golf?

Dont they have a fuxing Golf channel?

God I hate shitty sports.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I hate ESPN.. I want to watch my shows and all I see is FUXING WORLD CUP BULLSHIT!!!!

Play that crap on ESPN 8 or something, good lord.

And later on this week when the FIFA shit isnt on.. I get Womens Golf?

Dont they have a fuxing Golf channel?

God I hate shitty sports.
It comes on once every 4 years for 1 month and you're bitching about it?? Go bitch to someone who gives a fuck!

Phenomanul
06-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Well.... since the Mexicans didn't advance I will say this...

The Games where the lead referree was a Mexican have been free of 'ref-induced' controversies....

Hopefully FIFA uses the better refs in the upcoming rounds... :spin :spin

I gotta prop my fellow countrymen.... (what's left of them, anyway :lol )

NZHayden
06-26-2006, 06:10 PM
i usually hate australians but i feel they got robbed

stefano
06-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Excuse me.... have you got eyes? See the picture.... If this isn't a penalty.... It was a good call. stop talking pls...

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Excuse me.... have you got eyes? See the picture.... If this isn't a penalty.... It was a good call. stop talking pls...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/afp/20060626/i/2407434536.jpg

yeh its a penalty alright. He definately made a big splash when he dived :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
i usually hate australians but i feel they got robbed

:lol likewise, Kiwis and Aussies have a strong distaste for each other :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Australia got robbed. Anoyone who disagrees is kidding themselves but in the end it wont matter coz Italy isnt going to get past the likes or Germany or Argentina.

06-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Australia got robbed. Anoyone who disagrees is kidding themselves but in the end it wont matter coz Italy isnt going to get past the likes or Germany or Argentina.

Anyone who thinks it wasn't a foul is clearly delusional.

Scoreboard.

stefano
06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
http://i4.tinypic.com/15rbck3.jpg

NO foul... Funny!! :king. I know it's very hard speaking after an elimination... but pls, this is foul

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
its a foul coz the guy purposely ran into Lucas Neill and used his foot to make it look like he got tripped?

it was bullcrap and you know it. Enjoy your victory coz the majority of the Italian team will be sent down to the lower grades of Italian football where their cheating asses belong

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 07:24 PM
stefano, my guess is you are Italian, which might explain why you're making an ass of yourself trying to excuse a call that was CLEARLY not a penalty. The Italians got the win handed to them with freaking gift certificate!

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 08:30 PM

Well you obviously don't know when "your shows" are on...

You must not like them all that much then.

Are you just mad because Rasho the Great got traded?

Spurologist
06-26-2006, 08:32 PM
:lmao

Stefano please tell me you watched the game. The ball was already gone and Grosso leaned his ass to the floor.

Australia dominated Italy throughout the second half. If the ref is unsure, he needs to swallow his whistle and allow for Extra time. The ref was probably planning on chilling in Italy and wants some discounts on hotel, food, the works..... .etc. Well he got it.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I hate terrible refs.

I feel bad for the Aussies, having to wait another 4 years for another shot at it because some mother fucking ref called complete bullshit. That sucks.

Don't worry, Italy won't get past Argentina, and yes that means Argentina will beat Germany.

Ariel
06-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Is this the twilight zone?

Are people making a case for the penalty being the right call?

Please, it was a sickening call. The Italian threw himself over the body of the Australian, who in fact was laying stationary on the floor and even tried to avoid making contact.

That's what the picture shows, the Italian kicking the Australian's hand, not the Australian grabbing the Italian's foot.

Anyone arguing otherwise is utterly insane, or utterly biased.

06-26-2006, 10:43 PM
:lol @ Italian kicking the Aussie's hand...

I suppose it would be pointless for me to give you pics of the Aussie throwing his elbow into his legs because that would somehow be orchestrated by the Italian...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
lets put it this way, you'd have to be Italian and blind to think that call was legit. THERE WAS NO PENALTY!

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-26-2006, 11:19 PM
lets put it this way, you'd have to be Italian and blind to think that call was legit. THERE WAS NO PENALTY!

:smokin spot on.

The only consolation is knowing that the Italian team is shit and they wont get much further.

It is a killer knowing we have to wait another 4 years though :madrun All because of one pathetic bias call :depressed

FIFA need to seriously do something b4 the next world cup and i am sure they will. There is no way they can let this many crappy ref calls go unpunished and without any future changes.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-27-2006, 02:57 AM
F avour
I talians
F ***
A ustralians

xcoriate
06-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Obviously it was a bullshit penalty. Only the Italians see otherwise.

I don't want to concentrate on the negative however, Australia had a fantastic tournament, I am really proud of the boys it was a phenominal effort. We showed tremendous heart and really took it to everyone we played.

Now I hope we don't have to wait another 20-30 years to get back!

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-27-2006, 03:24 AM
im sure the socceroos will be there in 2010. It will be tougher to qualify coz they will now be in the Asian confederation but it will be better preparation.

With the success of the Aussies at the WC and their move to Asia, it will possibly mean that the Asian confederation will ask for another WC spot from that region.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2006, 04:13 AM
hey at least we won ww2 :D fuc u italy+germany

Ariel
06-27-2006, 06:57 AM
:lol @ resorting to a useless pic to sell crazy.

Here, take a look at the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lii1RzDdbXA), particularly the 2nd and 3rd replay.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 07:58 AM
:lol @ resorting to a useless pic to sell crazy.

Here, take a look at the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lii1RzDdbXA), particularly the 2nd and 3rd replay.
Thanks for that video :tu

Stefano, click that link and you will cleary see that it wasn't even close to being a penalty.

austinfan
06-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Great, Parreira has decided to put Ronaldo and Adriano back together again as forwards (in part because Robinho is injured). Look for Brazil to struggle to score and come away with a 1-0 victory. :(

austinfan
06-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Ronaldo breaks the record for most goals ever scored in World Cups! But Adriano. Ugh. Get him off the field.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
The yellow card on Adriano for diving might be the single best call in this world cup

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Adriano is the one looking fat out there. Robihno in. Problem solved

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Robinho is injured.

Adriano just scored a goal.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Brazil is very lucky, Ghana missed out on so many opportunities, but that's just Brazil's game. They can counterattack any attempt from the other team and score at any given moment throughout the game.

On a side note, is it me, or does Brazil get away with a lot of offsides????

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Robinho is injured.

Adriano just scored a goal.

Forgot about that. Adriano got lucky twice on that goal.

1. He was offside
2. He's lucky on those fat hips saved his ass

Insert Fred

austinfan
06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
At least Parreira had the good sense to put Juninho Pernambucano in for Adriano. Good riddance! I think Spain is going to eat Brazil alive in the quarterfinals, the way Brazil is playing.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
1. He was offside

I'm telling you, Brazil gets away with offsides all the time

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I woudn't be surprised by that was on offside by Ze Roberto. I need a second and third look at that.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh wait, another goal by Brazil.

I'm pretty sure Ze Roberto was offsides.

Holy shit the refs love Brazil.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to think to myself that it is going to be hard as shit for Argentina to beat Germany. With all the home field shit, the refs will give them and create them a million calls just to stay alive.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 11:50 AM
At least Parreira had the good sense to put Juninho Pernambucano in for Adriano. Good riddance! I think Spain is going to eat Brazil alive in the quarterfinals, the way Brazil is playing.

I picked France with the upset. Henry will carry France

Easy vBookie Cash. Gotta love it.

austinfan
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I picked France with the upset. Henry will carry France

Easy vBookie Cash. Gotta love it.

Actually, yeah, I just reflexively said Spain, because they've been scoring more in the tournament, but France (and Henry) has picked their game up a notch or two and you can't count them out. It's going to be a better match than this morning's game, that's for sure.

Plus I'm rooting for France because Henry is the handsomest guy in the WC :), they're Tony Parker's team, and the Spanish coach is a racist jerk.

resistanze
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
GG Ghana. Could've turned out differently if Mensah's header had gone in (and if the 2nd goal was called offside). I won't be bitter and I'll throw in my support for Brazil.

austinfan
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
This game would have been a nailbiter if Essien had been able to play.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Everyone on this board knows how much I hate Mark Cuban. I hate Aragones three times as much. His ass was caught on camera telling Antonio Reyes (Henry's teammate at Arsenal no less) that "Show that black piece of shit that you are better than he is" He still denies it. That warrants a direct FUCK YOU from me. The punishment of course was pathetic. He was fined pocket change.

Article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=936012006

Check out this video out. The vidoe is a little fuzzy but you can still see it. It was on Sportscenter a while back. The footage of Aragones is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo27dAs2N_0&search=sportscenter%20racism

I hope Henry scores at least two goals and celebrates in front of Aregones' face and exposes him. I hope ESPN shows that video of him to the entire world to show that racism still exists and these kind of acts can't be tolerated.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
People get offended too easily. That strikes me more as motivating his player than anything else.

Anyhow, Spain wins 2-0.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
People get offended too easily. That strikes me more as motivating his player than anything else.

Anyhow, Spain wins 2-0.

Hypothetical.

What if you were in class (school) or playing in a sport and the coach/teacher told someone.

"You are better than that hispanic/white/black purple piece of shit"

How would you react?

Aragones was being specific about the race. That is what annoys me. What the fuck kind of motivation is that.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into something far worse, but I will just say a few things things and then completely drop it. I've been the victim of real racisim. I've seen real racisim in action. For me, a coach saying that or a high school coach saying your hypothetical doesn't come close to real racism. For you to fixate on that as proof that there is still racism ignores the context of the coaches statements and ignores far more glaring examples of racism in our society.

Petite Française bis
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Everyone on this board knows how much I hate Mark Cuban. I hate Aragones three times as much. His ass was caught on camera telling Antonio Reyes (Henry's teammate at Arsenal no less) that "Show that black piece of shit that you are better than he is" He still denies it. That warrants a direct FUCK YOU from me. The punishment of course was pathetic. He was fined pocket change.

Article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=936012006

Check out this video out. The vidoe is a little fuzzy but you can still see it. It was on Sportscenter a while back. The footage of Aragones is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo27dAs2N_0&search=sportscenter%20racism

I hope Henry scores at least two goals and celebrates in front of Aregones' face and exposes him. I hope ESPN shows that video of him to the entire world to show that racism still exists and these kind of acts can't be tolerated.

:clap :clap :clap

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Go Spain.

Move on to Brazil and beat those offsides pieces of shit.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into something far worse, but I will just say a few things things and then completely drop it. I've been the victim of real racisim. I've seen real racisim in action. For me, a coach saying that or a high school coach saying your hypothetical doesn't come close to real racism. For you to fixate on that as proof that there is still racism ignores the context of the coaches statements and ignores far more glaring examples of racism in our society.

There's no denying that there are far more glaring examples. I don't think that will change any time soon. The fact is that Spain is almost letting it slide by just giving Aragones a small fine. That is unacceptable.

Aren't sports supposed to be a "safe haven" for players. You play for the love of the game and get backed by your fans regardless of personal stature, creed, religion.. etc. That is apparently not that case.

The most important point in all of this is that you'd have to be ignorant to not acknowledge racism. Too bad Areganes isn't man enough to say racism is a problem and that his comments were a bit insensitive. There aren't enough people stepping up in that form.

I'll just leave it at that.

I'm looking forward to: SPAIN vs FRANCE

FromWayDowntown
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I think Aragones' statements would be bad in isolation, but they are reprehensible in light of the overt racial slurs and anti-black acts that have tinged some matches in the top leagues in Europe. ESPN highlighted that problem in the run-up to the Cup and used Aragones statement as a further example of the sort of overt disdain for black players that seems to exist in some corners. It's obviously not something that afflicts all fans, all clubs, or even all leagues; but it very clearly exists (as Aragones' comments strongly suggest; to say nothing of things like Di Canio's facist salutes and the unending taunting that occurs at some venues) and FIFA is right, I think, to try to get a handle on it before it explodes into something more than just slurs and taunting.

stefano
06-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for that video :tu

Stefano, click that link and you will cleary see that it wasn't even close to being a penalty.
If we follow the regulations (is this the correct word?) of soccer, yes, it's foul. However if i were an australian i got anger.. I think the referee give us the penalty because expelled Materazzi (and it wasn't a red card fou

However italy isn't overrated, this is simply our "Modus operandi": the our force is don't let the other teams playing well, if you look, no one team played well against us: how many shoot australia did? One, or 2. For us is better playing against better team, but this isn't mean that we will win. No... simply we can beat any team, and we can lose with any team

sorry for my BAD BAD BAD english

stefano
06-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Di Canio's facist salutes...
Di Canio's fascist salutes wasn't considered racism.... Di canio yes, was multed, but there is a law in italy that explicited that Roman Salutes isn't apologysm of fascism or racism and in fact, he had a (i don't know the word, but with lawyer) with the FIGC (federazione italiana giuoco calcio) (in italy many people don't know that is prohibited build up the OLD fascist party, and not new fascist pary, Fiamma Tricolore and Forza nuova are two fascist pary, and the apologism of fascism is prohibited only if with fascism intend the racism or the violence or the antydemocreatic method and not the good works of the regim)

The question is another..... IN europe there is still a fucking germ of racism, and should kicked out from the world...

But Di Canio isn't racist, he told that is fascit, but not racist... the problem is that many fans of lazio are racist and then is simply to think that di canio, a fascist, is like them. But he isn' racist (he had excellent relations with liverani and Dabo and Mundigay, all "black man")

however nuke racism

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Only Henry can save France now. Trezeguet needs to get in the game immediately.

Henry + Trezeguet on top = better chances.

FromWayDowntown
06-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Di Canio's fascist salutes wasn't considered racism.... Di canio yes, was multed, but there is a law in italy that explicited that Roman Salutes isn't apologysm of fascism or racism and in fact, he had a (i don't know the word, but with lawyer) with the FIGC (federazione italiana giuoco calcio) (in italy many people don't know that is prohibited build up the OLD fascist party, and not new fascist pary, Fiamma Tricolore and Forza nuova are two fascist pary, and the apologism of fascism is prohibited only if with fascism intend the racism or the violence or the antydemocreatic method and not the good works of the regim)

The question is another..... IN europe there is still a fucking germ of racism, and should kicked out from the world...

But Di Canio isn't racist, he told that is fascit, but not racist... the problem is that many fans of lazio are racist and then is simply to think that di canio, a fascist, is like them. But he isn' racist (he had excellent relations with liverani and Dabo and Mundigay, all "black man")

however nuke racism

I cite them because they're regularly brought up in discussions of racism and other major social problems that exist in some parts of European football. Certainly there are many who see Di Canio's salutes as further evidence of hostility towards non-whites and non-Europeans. I honestly don't know enough of Di Canio to say that he's racist -- but his use of the facist gesture seems to be one that creates further uproar about the poor state of race relations in Europe.

Enough with the bad stuff. I'm anxious to get to the Quarterfinals.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Tie Game

austinfan
06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Come on France!

velik_m
06-27-2006, 02:51 PM

however nuke racism

what the fuck is that? aomehow being a fashist is better than being a racist? get the fuck out of here with this shit.

Bob Lanier
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
1-1 at halftime. I thought Spain didn't deserve the penalty kick they got, but were denied one they should have gotten a few minutes before the half.

Go France. Maybe Zidane can come out of retirement and play for Australia, and they can actually develop an attacking offense. :lol

velik_m
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
on the game:
Patrick Vieira was reborn for his 30. birthday! that man will not let france go down!

velik_m
06-27-2006, 02:54 PM
that penalty was clear. good ref so far.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Should be a good second half. What a contrast to yesterday's games.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 02:57 PM
If we follow the regulations (is this the correct word?) of soccer, yes, it's foul. However if i were an australian i got anger.. I think the referee give us the penalty because expelled Materazzi (and it wasn't a red card fou

However italy isn't overrated, this is simply our "Modus operandi": the our force is don't let the other teams playing well, if you look, no one team played well against us: how many shoot australia did? One, or 2. For us is better playing against better team, but this isn't mean that we will win. No... simply we can beat any team, and we can lose with any team

sorry for my BAD BAD BAD english
Don't give me that shit, in the "regulations of soccer" that was still not a foul.

stefano
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM
what the fuck is that? aomehow being a fashist is better than being a racist? get the fuck out of here with this shit.
and... where i have said this?? Where? I've only REPORT the ITALIAN law ;) and for italian law be a fascist isn't a crime and that Di Canio isn't racist. I will not return on this because IS ot and i've only answered at a post. Stop pls.

"Don't give me that shit, in the "regulations of soccer" that was still not a foul."

"colpire o tentare di colpire un avversario" "to hit or to try to hit an adversary "

"contrastare un avversario per il possesso del pallone, venendo in contatto con lui prima di raggiungere il pallone per giuocarlo" " to contrast an adversary for the possession of the football, coming in contact with him before taking the ball"

Like Collina says (collina, thE ALL TIME best referee) it wasn't foul if the australian player didn't touch with the hand the ankle of Grosso, because, in this cause, Grosso is searching the contact, but the hand change all. However usually this foul isn't punished. YES.

we have won...and i'm happy.(with ukraine of the traditor of shevchenko we will probably go out...)

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Ribery is a fucking monster

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
:lmao Sign Henry up in Hollywood