PDA

View Full Version : WCW or WWE?

T-Pain
04-02-2006, 10:18 PM
just curious to see how many of yall used to watch wrestling during this era and which one you like better.

i loved WCW, I was sad to see it go :depressed

Bo Malette
04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
I only liked wcw during the NWO phase. One of the greatest wrestling eras ever. The original NWO was so bad ass, up until the point where they did the wolf-pack thing, that kinda killed it.

But pre-NWO, the WCW was a big joke. Sting was so lame. Everyone they had was lame.

T-Pain
04-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I only liked wcw during the NWO phase. One of the greatest wrestling eras ever. The original NWO was so bad ass, up until the point where they did the wolf-pack thing, that kinda killed it.

But pre-NWO, the WCW was a big joke. Sting was so lame. Everyone they had was lame.

yeah thats when i loved WCW, but i was a big fan of the wolfpack then. i wish i coulda seen the very last WCW match on Nitro, and when Shane and Vince were communicating from Nitro and RAW

Horry For 3!
04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I used to watch both, mostly WWF.

Dre_7
04-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I used to watch it back then. But I was like 11. Now I think it sucks.

Bo Malette
04-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Some of us like to keep that young spirit alive within us. Some of us like watching two guys with a good gimmick talk shit to each other, then give us a good show. It's still cool I think. I don't watch it religiously like I used to back in the day, but I can still appreciate it for what it is. Whenever I flip through the channels and see HBK I almost always watch him. I just think guy's gimmicks lately suck. They almost always go by normal names now too. That used to be cool, to an extent, but now everyone does it.

E20
04-03-2006, 12:50 AM
http://misstkfan.50megs.com/images/topimages/nwo5.jpg

Willinsa
04-03-2006, 12:52 AM
In the early 80's anyone remember the local wrestling promotion Southwest Championship wrestling? That wrestling kicked ass.

T-Pain
04-03-2006, 01:24 AM
In the early 80's anyone remember the local wrestling promotion Southwest Championship wrestling? That wrestling kicked ass.

man, i wasnt even born in the early '80s

KEDA
04-03-2006, 08:15 AM
I was a big fan of wrestling at this time!

nWo kicked ass as well as the Wolfpack!

then Stone Cold Steve Austin showed up at WWE, and diverted my attention. Then WCW came up with the whole Goldberg streak, so I went back to WCW. Then the WWE came back with the Rock, and I watched for a while, then I just lost intrest in it all.

But the best wrestling was the original ECW, way before the WWE bought it out.

that shit was the best, blood and props every match! Taz v SABU, and RVD v basically anyone were some of the best matches I have ever seen!

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2006, 08:19 AM
ECW was best. Before they went to TNN and they had the hourly show on the Sunshine Network. Cactus Jack, Sabu, Sandman, Mickey Whipwreck, Joel "The Quintessential Studmuffin" Gertner and of course Joey Styles...those days were the best.

The best match ever was Al Snow vs. The Franchise Shane Douglas when all the wresters came out and surrounded the ring, just to watch it.

ECW was the fucking greatest. Too bad WWE bought them and made it lame.

Pistons < Spurs
04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I used to watch it back then. But I was like 11. Now I think it sucks.
:tu

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I didn't watch it. I've given up on paying for wrestling. I'm hoping to find it for download.

KEDA
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
ECW was best. Before they went to TNN and they had the hourly show on the Sunshine Network. Cactus Jack, Sabu, Sandman, Mickey Whipwreck, Joel "The Quintessential Studmuffin" Gertner and of course Joey Styles...those days were the best.

The best match ever was Al Snow vs. The Franchise Shane Douglas when all the wresters came out and surrounded the ring, just to watch it.

ECW was the fucking greatest. Too bad WWE bought them and made it lame.

YESSSS!!!

someone knows what Im talking about!!!

RVD was known as "Mr Monday Night", then "Mr. Friday Night", then "Mr. Pay Per View"

and yeah Shane Douglas was a badass in ECW but he was a suckass in WWE.

Joey Styles was fucking awesome, some bad ass move would be done and he would yell out "OH MY GOD!!!" I would allways laugh at that shit!

tlongII
04-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Goldberg on WCW was my favorite.

ALVAREZ6
04-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Ufc

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2006, 06:37 PM
ufc blows ass now though
timed rounds? like that really doesn't favor strikers over submission and grappler fighters :rolleyes

chode_regulator
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
ufc blows ass now though
timed rounds? like that really doesn't favor strikers over submission and grappler fighters :rolleyes
i think you and mookie should fight each other, ufc style, but old ways with no timed rounds. that way you stand a chance.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
hmm, the octagon is pretty big

I think I could win. Mookie only has one move too: the bumrush. So If I just run circles around him until he gets tired and lets his guard down, I can take out his legs and then strike his face with my gloved hand.

chode_regulator
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
hmm, the octagon is pretty big

I think I could win. Mookie only has one move too: the bumrush. So If I just run circles around him until he gets tired and lets his guard down, I can take out his legs and then strike his face with my gloved hand.
thats waht im saying
but it would only work with untimed rounds. if mookie had a chance to rest he might be able to get his energy back. doubtful but sitll possible

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2006, 07:40 PM
You never know. Mookie's a beast. remember the time he pushed the sled for the entire time during football practice?
then he bled from his eyes

chode_regulator
04-03-2006, 09:20 PM
You never know. Mookie's a beast. remember the time he pushed the sled for the entire time during football practice?
then he bled from his eyes
rofl
yeah taht was classic
were you there at cmas when him and elpimpo got into a fight in the bar. all over some free chicken too
that was before elpimpo got put in lockdown....ill have to waste a quality busch beer and pour it out in honor of him

mookie2001
04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
ROFL
it wasnt a fight
and it wasnt over the "freeness" of the chicken, it was the manner in which thispego and him chose to dispose of it

chode_regulator
04-03-2006, 09:23 PM
ROFL
it wasnt a fight
and it wasnt over the "freeness" of the chicken, it was the manner in which thispego and him chose to dispose of it
jkasdfjksdjdjkdkfljsdalkfjsadkjfkasdjfkadjfkljadfk jdkfja;lf
yeah i know it wasnt over the freeness but its funny bc it was free
rofloijfiajefijsadfljaisdfjaiejf

mookie2001
04-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I swear Mrs. Pego could die in a horrible accident, in which a dallas maverick was responsible, he could get his arms blown out of their already dislocated location, on ground at bocktoberfest, getting pissed on, and someone could get hit in the face with a softball and it would make his day, he would die of joy

chode_regulator
04-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I swear Mrs. Pego could die in a horrible accident, in which a dallas maverick was responsible, he could get his arms blown out of their already dislocated location, on ground at bocktoberfest, getting pissed on, and someone could get hit in the face with a softball and it would make his day, he would die of joy
who? thispego?
ohyeah rofl at mrs pego

T-Pain
04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
i remember steve austin when he had hair

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
When he was a Hollywood Blonde with Flyin' Bryan.

He was a fag back then.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Tagteamgallery/holywoodblondessteveaustinbrianpillman.jpg

T-Pain
04-04-2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/Tagteamgallery/holywoodblondessteveaustinbrianpillman.jpg

lol! that was him

kobe_bryant
04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
http://www.wrestlingmemories.com/sitebuilder/images/Ricky_Steamboat-196x305.jpg

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Does anyone watch TNA on SpikeTV? It's the closest thing to old school WCW that is around. I'm starting to enjoy it.

kobe_bryant
04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Yea I have seen it couple of times.

Road-dogg and Mr Ass back to there old ways....
only problem is that they can barely walk

wwe bring back christian

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I always hated Christian. They need to quit focusing on story lines and get back to good old school wrestling.

Trainwreck2100
04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Yea I have seen it couple of times.

Road-dogg and Mr Ass back to there old ways....
only problem is that they can barely walk

wwe bring back christian

I tried to get into TNA and their hardcore matches are pretty good, but the fact the they can only go for 1 hour is kinda weak

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah that sucks. I'm really digging that hexagon ring. It reminds me of Lucha Libre.

Trainwreck2100
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Oh, yeah, and John Cena sucks

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I've never seen him wrestle but I've heard him cut a promo and I hated him ever since. Did they really give him a wigger gimmick? My gf's little nephew loves him.

Spurs rock
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
WWF because of Stone Cold, it sucks without him now. :(

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 12:11 AM
I couldn't believe that Rick Flair is still wrestling. He's got to be well into his 60's by now.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 12:24 AM
He is well past his prime. I couldn't believe that Foley returned to wrestle as well. I thought his knees were shot to hell and he couldn't wrestle anymore.

I heard him and edge put on a pretty good match.

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2006, 01:00 AM
cena (was a heel) was awesome at cutting promos.

As a face he sucks

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:07 AM
The best Foley shit is the stuff he did in Japan. I have a tape of about 10 different deathmatches he did and they are all incredible.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:15 AM
I have them on VHS and I don't even have a VCR. I have that tape, the best of Foley in WCW and several other Japanese deathmatch tapes I can't watch.

If I do get a DVD/VCR combo, like I've been considering, I'll gladly get you a copy.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Have you ever watched any CZW or XPW videos?

CZW is hardcore shit. I saw one match where they tied a dude to the ropes and ran a weed eater across his back. After that, they poured lemon juice all over his back. Then they poured lighter fluid on his back and set his back on fire. It was brutal shit. Very, very entertaining stuff.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:46 AM
A lot of the shit I've seen is pretty much both. I have a japanese match with some dude named Mr. Pogo and some other dude. In the middle of the match Mr. Pogo pulls out a sickle type blade and starts cutting the dudes forehead and ears up. He also pulls out some alcohol and breathes fire on the dude, catching his head on fire. Great stuff.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh fuck yeah. They have a paranah match, a baby crocodile match and a barbed wire circus net match. Those japanese death matches are really hardcore. Nothing compared to US shit.

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I've heard Chris Jericho has some badass Japanese matches out there somewhere.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:55 AM
They didn't call him the Lionheart for anything. He didn't do anything as hardcore as Mick or any of the Japanese guys, but he put on some really good shows.

T-Pain
04-05-2006, 11:56 PM
They didn't call him the Lionheart for anything. He didn't do anything as hardcore as Mick or any of the Japanese guys, but he put on some really good shows.

chris jericho is one of my favorite wrestlers. im a little suprised hes still around.

NBA Junkie
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM
WCW was good during the NWO era, but it became watered down after NWO Wolfpack was formed. Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash ruined it for me after Hogan sabotaged Brett Hart's career as he felt threatened by his presence and Nash became a match bookie and made himself the man who broke Goldberg's undefeated streak. Talk about a pair of massive ego's at work here!

That, and the excellent feud between Austin-McMahon and the rise of the Rock and Mick Foley made WWF the easy choice. That is, until Triple H started getting too much of the spotlight as he was Vince's future son-in-law at the time.

whottt
06-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I like where ever Hogan isn't...guy ruined wrestling by being the worst wrestler in history. Fakest moves, weak ring work. Before Hogan you could never be certain it was scripted unless you knew otherwise, and even if you knew otherwise you still had to respect the physicality of what they did. And the guys put on good performances in the ring and they genuinely beat the hell out of each other, scripted or not...after Hogan, there was no doubt about it being scripted, and he was such a primadonna he wouldn't take any bumps, and it started a bad trend in the industry that really killed it for anyone other than Hogan. He made it popular, but he also made it a joke. He made it so-called sports entertainment instead of two guys beating the hell out of each other with a pre-determined winner.

whottt
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM

It actually started in the 70's and was around in one form or another even before that.

I grew up with Ivan Putski and his kids...you remember him? He used to take me along with his kids whenever he would wrestle in Austin...

I got to meet all those guys from SWCW...Bruiser Brody, Tim Brooks, Tank Patton, Scott Casey, Chavo Gurerro, Terry Funk, Andre the Giant, Rocky(the Rock's Dad) Jonnson, Wahoo MacDaniel...Tully Blanchard. I got to go in and talk and hangout with them after the matches.

Remember what an Ahole Tully Blanchard was? Nicest guy ever in person.

But anyway, going backstage, that's when I learned that whatever it may have been...it wasn't fake.

The beatings they gave each other weren't fake even if the outcome was. After the matches when we went backstage those guys would be getting their faces stitched up, they'd have dislocated and broken fingers, fractured collar bones, concussions etc...Those dudes were so freaking tough man. I have no idea how they could do that to themselves 300+ nights a year.

Those UFC guys don't fight every night, those pro wrestlers back in the 70's would go and beat each other over the heads with chairs, and toss each other out of the ring for an hour every night.

I remember one time I thought I was gonna be a bad ass and get in one of those rings...just throwing yourself into the ropes hurts like a mofo, it took me about 30 seconds to realize I wasn't going to do that for my career.

whottt
06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I couldn't believe that Rick Flair is still wrestling. He's got to be well into his 60's by now.

Ric Flair doesn't have jack on Terry Funk...Funk debuted in 1965 and he is still wrestling, and he pioneered the Extreme style when he was in his late 40's. He was wrestling Mick Foley in Japanese Exploding Barbwire Death matches in his 50's. He was also the first champion in ECW history.

Dude is 62 years old now and he about to headline an ECW PPV next week. 62 years old and he's still doing Asai moonsaults out of the ring. And this WWE/ECW stuff he is about to do against Foley is going to be soft compared to the stuff he does on the indy circuits.

First time I saw this guy I was 6 years old it was in 1974 and he's still wrestling. This guy is complete insane and I am not entirely sure he is human. Flair is amazing for a mainstream guy, the stuff he puts his body through, but he hasn't been truly great since the late 80's, and he doesn't take anywhere near the bumps Funk does. Funk had also already been wrestling for 7 or 8 years when Flair made his debut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Funk

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
This sucks

samikeyp
06-12-2006, 01:21 AM
IMO, the old WWF was the best.

Spurs rock
06-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Stone Cold

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
98-2000 wwe > wcw

the era where there was DX, the black group whichi rocky was a nobody, corporate team, undertakers minsitry, they merge as corporate ministry, scu316, kane was a beast, now the storylines are fuckd up