PDA

View Full Version : Anyone considering a 3rd party candidate?

BronxCowboy
10-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Is anyone seriously considering voting for a third party candidate (any of them) in the presidential election? Why or why not? And if you are, who do you like?

scott
10-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Yes, vote for Scott.

Shelly
10-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Scoot gets my vote!

Spurminator
10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Badnarik.

Brodels
10-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Badnarik is a bit of a wack job, but I'm still going to vote for him. He can't possibly bring this nation into financial despair more than Bush has, and he can't possibly be as incompetent as Kerry.

I can't vote for a person (Bush) so intent on bringing the nation down financially and so willing to become embroiled in so many conflicts in all corners of the globe. I also can't vote for a candidate (Kerry) who just isn't capable of being a decent president.

Bush and Kerry are dangerous. Badnarik is just a wack job. I'll take the wack job any day.

Spurminator
10-03-2004, 10:38 AM
While I think he could make a good peace-time President, I wouldn't want Badnarik for President right now, because I think he might be in to much of a hurry to pull out of Iraq without adequately finishing our responsibilities there.

But given that there's not a chance in hell that he will win the Presidency, and given that I live in Texas where Bush will win by a large margin, I can vote for a third party candidate without worry. I would like to see the Liberatrian Party (and Green Party, for that matter) get 5% of the popular vote so we can begin to chip away at the two party system.

At the risk of sounding like a commercial, my feeling has always been when it comes to choices, more is always better.

Marcus Bryant
10-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Anybody But Kerry.

BronxCowboy
10-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Anybody like a third party candidate (or dislike both major candidate) but worry that 3rd party votes in swing states will lose it for the major candidate that you prefer (or hate the least)?

Spurminator
10-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Not really. Nothing I can do about other states. I certainly wouldn't be a party to legal attempts to take a third party candidate off of ballots in swing states where I thought they might pull some votes from my candidate.

SpursWoman
10-03-2004, 11:31 AM
From what I've seen so far, it looks like 3rd party candidates in battlegrounds states could pull votes from Kerry...who is the person I'd least like to see in office. So, I don't mind. :devil

Duff McCartney
10-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm not even considering a 1st party candidate.

samikeyp
10-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Scott. Because he is realllll classy! :p

Shelly....where did you get that Avatar?

BronxCowboy
10-04-2004, 07:12 AM
I'm not even considering a 1st party candidate.
:lmao
That's the best I've heard yet.