PDA

View Full Version : Over rated comedians......

CharlieMac
04-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Who's on your not funny list? There are plenty of comedians that I hear on the radio and think, "Why the fuck are these people laughing? Are they retarded?"

Larry the Cable Guy - I don't get this guy. I'm not even going to go into detail because if you've heard his shows, you'd know that people are definitely slow.

George Carlin - "Wahhhhhh, baby boomers are selfish. Wahhhhhh, voting is pointless. Wahhhhhhh, cowboys dress stupid." and so on. I get that whining is a part of comedy, David Cross and Lewis Black do it well.

Cedric the Entertainer - If he talks about his mama beating him outside of a church for acting up, people laugh. If anyone else talks about it, it's abuse.

These three people ruin my XM Comedy experience.

Then there's that Mencia fella'.........

Kori Ellis
04-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Chris Rock is one of the few comedians that I find extremely funny.

I don't really know who else I like that much.

mikejones99
04-04-2006, 02:07 AM
Dave Chappelle is funny most of the time too. Seinfeld and Tom of course.

DieMrBond
04-04-2006, 02:41 AM
I personally think seinfeld (the show) is overrated. Never made me laugh. But then again, MOST american comedies don't make me laugh. Some of them are just plain not funny.

Bill Hicks i like, but he has definitly become 'over-rated' because he died young.

Ray Romano - pfhhhhht. OVER RATED.

There are quite a few australian 'comedians' (and i use that term loosely) that are very over rated too... (Rove being the main culprit)

Bring on the british!

T Park
04-04-2006, 02:54 AM
anything with Monty Python's flying circus

Ali G

Hustle & Flow
04-04-2006, 03:03 AM
carrot top

Samr
04-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Eriks pretty much nailed it. Though I extend the LLarry the Cable Guy to Jeff Foxworthy as well. He's a one-trick pony and redneck jokes are a bit cliche anyway.

Jim Breuer is extremely underrated.

HennyYoungman
04-04-2006, 07:36 AM
It is simply a matter of taste. Many thought my jokes were corny but I made a very good living and laughed all the way to the bank.
Now, take my wife....please.

JoeChalupa
04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
I still watch Seinfeld almost everynight and laugh. I agree Henny.
I finally caught some of The Office and it was very funny.

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
carrot top

You just made my shit list.

Carrot Top=The Man.

All the redneck comedians are overrated. So are all the self proclaimed Kings of Comedy. I watched that whole damn show and didn't laugh once.

KEDA
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Foxworthy uses the same stuff EVERY show!

he sucks

Larry the Cable guy does it too, I know telling everyone in the room that you just had sex with a man who you thought was your sister is funny to you, but you might want to think that it might not be funny to me or anyone else. Especially when I heard the same story last time you were here, or 1700 times on Comedy Central.

I hate it when comedians use the same jokes over and over, I see where you can do it on tour because people dont see you every night, but if you do a TV special, or another tour, please bring in some new jokes.

Another comedian I just didnt find funny was Sam Kennison. His jokes were also pretty bad, and it just made it worse by yelling at the top of your lungs to get the point across.

But there is a guy I just heard of who I think would have been great, but he died of a heroin overdose.
His name is Mitch Hedberg, he used a bunch of situational humor, and when I first listened to him I thought it was crap, but I gave it another listen, and I found out that the more I heard it the more I liked it. Too bad he is no longer with us, I thought he could have been big!

1Parker1
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Chris Rock is one of the few comedians that I find extremely funny.

I don't really know who else I like that much.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Chris Rock. His line delivery is hysterical. Have you seen his new show, Everyone Hates Chris? He's not actually in the show, just narrates it, it's supposed to be the story of his life growing up. OMG, it's so funny...it's the only show on TV which I seriously think is funny.

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Mitch Hedberg is hilarious. He has great delivery. He sounds stoned out all the damn time. I saw his last performance on Dave Letterman and you can tell he is really coked out.

JoeChalupa
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I hate it when comedians use the same jokes over and over, I see where you can do it on tour because people dont see you every night, but if you do a TV special, or another tour, please bring in some new jokes.

Most do. Henny himself did it most of his career as did Rodney Dangerfield and I loved them both.

CharlieMac
04-04-2006, 09:14 AM
"My snakebite kit is a bodybag.........."

Yeah, Mitch was funny as hell., Especially when you just felt like hearing a mellow, and he was very fucking mellow at times comedians.

And Chris Rock is great. He doesn't rely on the "white people" are so stupid jokes so much. He's a bit more broad. "Ever notice that after you get an AIDS test, you call every person you ever had sex with out of the blue to see if they're still alive? Hello, is Mary there? Yes? *click*"

Darrin
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I think that you have to have certain life experiences in order to find someone funny. For instance, my family loves to complain. LOVES it. It's our favorite hobby. So I think Lewis Black and George Carlin are hilarious. I think Kevin Nealon is underrated as a stand-up comedian. And my favorite comedian on that "Red Neck" thing is the fat guy who always has a cigar and a drink in his hand.

As for overrated:
Will Ferrell - The next time I laugh at a Ferrell joke will be the first time.
Kevin James - His wife on that show is the only reason I pause to watch it.
Ray Romano - I have to really tired to enjoy his show.

KEDA
04-04-2006, 09:25 AM
heres my top 5 list

Eddie Murphy

Robin Williams

Richard Pryor

Bill Cosby

Jerry Sienfield

1Parker1
04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Eddie Murphy?! Really?? I don't even think of him as a comedian first...I think of him more as an actor.

Mixability
04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Gallagher > everyone else

http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/theater/73_the_g1.jpg

:fro

Jimcs50
04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Eddie Murphy?! Really?? I don't even think of him as a comedian first...I think of him more as an actor.

Go rent Eddie Murphy Raw, and get back with me on that.

Mixability
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM

:wtf

Hook Dem
04-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Conan Obrien is about the sorriest excuse I've ever seen as a comedian!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Mitch Hedberg is hilarious. He has great delivery. He sounds stoned out all the damn time. I saw his last performance on Dave Letterman and you can tell he is really coked out.

Sad that he died before he reached his full potential, but his comedy was hilarious

1Parker1
04-04-2006, 10:27 AM
:lol Ok I guess Eddie is popular with the older generation. :angel

ploto
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
George Carlin is a classic. Maybe you are too young to appreciate him.

Eddie Murphy's stand up was hilarious.

Currently, Chris Rock is my favorite, as well.

Overrated- Will Ferrell.

LakerHater0823
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
JIMMY KIMMEL...... Thats all i gotta say

Mixability
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
:lol Ok I guess Eddie is popular with the older generation. :angel

hmmm, I'm 26 and I knew him from his SNL days before his movies. :wtf

MoSpur
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I know I may get hated on by a lot here, but I think Paul Rodriguez is overrated.

1Parker1
04-04-2006, 10:54 AM
hmmm, I'm 26 and I knew him from his SNL days before his movies. :wtf

Alright fine!!!!!!!! Jeez, I was just saying that personally whenever I think of Eddie Murphy I think of his movies. I didn't realize he had done standup or SNL.! :lol

MoSpur
04-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Murphy was an actor on SNL.

Mixability
Alright fine!!!!!!!! Jeez, I was just saying that personally whenever I think of Eddie Murphy I think of his movies. I didn't realize he had done standup or SNL.! :lol

Let me guess, you only know George Foreman for his grill? :lol :angel

MoSpur
Mencia is overrated. So is Robin Williams. So is Whoopie Goldberg.

Jimcs50
04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Let me guess, you only know George Foreman for his grill? :lol :angel

She also only knows Tom Hanks for his movies, Charles Barkley for his TNT telecasts, and George Bush as the current president's dad.

:)

LakerHater0823
04-04-2006, 11:09 AM
What a shame that she missed out on Eddie Murphy's Best comedy.

LakerHater0823
04-04-2006, 11:10 AM
1parker1 how old are you????

desflood
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Chris Rock is overrated. There, I said it. You want to take issue, you come find me. I'll be hiding under my bed.

MoSpur
04-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Chris Rock is overrated. There, I said it. You want to take issue, you come find me. I'll be hiding under my bed.

He's not the greatest, but he's pretty good.

mikejones99
04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Southpark and the Man Show are the funniest shows with cartman, Jimmy Kimmel and Adam corolla :blah HBO specials with Gearge Carlin and the Chris Rock Show were very funny too. The racial draft. hehe

ShoogarBear
04-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Eddie Murphy?! Really?? I don't even think of him as a comedian first...I think of him more as an actor.Youngster.

I about 20 years someone's going to say to you . . . *searches for appropriate pop reference* . . . "Gee, Senator Spears was a singer? Really??"

ShoogarBear
04-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I didn't realize he had done standup or SNL.! http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifI see that everyone has beaten me to jumping on you, but

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/speechless.gif http://www.rr-bb.com/images/smilies/jaw.gif

CharlieMac
04-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Youngster.

I about 20 years someone's going to say to you . . . *searches for appropriate pop reference* . . . "Gee, Senator Spears was a singer? Really??"

I hope Ben Affleck pursues politics. That way when my kids ask, "Ben Affleck used to act?" I can say, "No"

2centsworth
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Norm Mcdonald is underated.

tlongII
04-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Carlos Mencia

smeagol
04-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Robin Williams overrated? Are you fucking shitting me? Robin Williams is the funiest man alive. I remember when he used to appear as a guest in the tonight show with Johnny Carson, that shit was funny!

Another guy who is (or was, 'cause maybe the guy is dead and nobody sent me the memo) extremely funny is Johnathan Winters.

Other guys that rule:

Jon Stewart

Lewis Black

Chris Rock

Seinfeld (like Joe, I still catch the reruns of his sitcom and laugh like crazy)

Eddie Izzard? (that English dude)

Cosby

Murphy

rayray2k8
04-04-2006, 07:07 PM
The Worst:
Steve Harvey
Cedric the boring
Ray Romano
Red Necks
Eddie Murphy (became annoying to me)
Jimmy Kimmel

The Best:
George Carlin (THE god of comedy)
Dave Chappelle
George Lopez

smeagol
04-04-2006, 07:10 PM
George Carlin's observational humor is very funny but he is pessimistic approach ends up being boring.

One thing about him is tthat he got better as he grew older. Watch some of his early stuff and it has pretty dumb.

smeagol
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Dave Chappelle is funny most of the time too. Seinfeld and Tom of course.
Tom Cruise?

Tom Arnold?

Tom the Cat?

Tom Berenger?

Guru of Nothing
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm another that does not like George Carlin's stand-up.

Kori Ellis
04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
LJ and I both dislike Robin Williams. In fact, LJ hates him. :lol

I don't find any of the "rednecks" funny at all. I think Bernie Mac and that crew are overrated. And I dislike all female comics. I can deal with Carlin in small doses. I liked the show Seinfeld but don't think he's funny in standup.

Eddie Murphy Raw was hysterical back in the day. I used to have an "album" of it.

Spurminator
04-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I used to like Robin Williams. Then I turned 12. :lol

I think Sarah Silverman is pretty overrated... Too much shock value with little substance to balance it. (And I'm usually all about shock value)

Guru of Nothing
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
And I dislike all female comics.

Even Sandra Bernard and Judy Tenuta?!!!

1Parker1
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
:lol FINE! Jeez, you make one slip and the whole forum jumps down on you. I will now have to go find myself some Eddie Murphy clips and get back to you.

Samr
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
No, I know myself better than to say I am capable of normal human emotion, but I damn near almost felt upset when Mitch Hedberg died. The dude was baked/coked/generically drugged out of his mind, but he was hilarious.

"I used to have an ant farm...those fellas didn't grow SHIT! Maybe some carrots or something...celery....[fades into stoned rambling because he lost the joke]." Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Any list of bad comedians deserves Norm McDonald, the only guy every fired from SNL.

KEDA
04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I want to run a McDonalds that dosent participate in shit!

You have cheeseburgers?

NOPE!

We've got spaghetti!!!!

and blankets!

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Any list of bad comedians deserves Norm McDonald, the only guy every fired from SNL.

Norm McDonald was so bad he was brilliant. He was the funniest Weekend Update anchor ever.

KEDA
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
actually Dirty Work is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies!

midgetonadonkey
04-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Dirty Work is a classic. Arty Lange is great in that movie. I listen to Howard Stern everyday so I've become a big Arty Lange fan.

ShoogarBear
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
:lol FINE! Jeez, you make one slip and the whole forum jumps down on you. I will now have to go find myself some Eddie Murphy clips and get back to you.
You can come over and listed to my albums. I bet you've never seen vinyl before.

Juice
04-05-2006, 12:58 AM
I think David Letterman is over rated.

I heard what you said about me Dave!

:nutkick:

Smackie Chan
04-05-2006, 01:11 AM
You just made my shit list.

I wonder how thick that note pad is? :lmao

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Honestly it's pretty thick. There are more people on my shit list than on my good list. Actually I have about a page of people that I like and the rest of the population is on my shit list.

mikejones99
04-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Tom Leykis of Radio and the Adam Sandler cd, What's your name? :lol :lol

Juice
04-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Ok, seriously, Carlos Mencia and Howe Mandell are really not funny. Good thing howe got that gig with those hot models.

midgetonadonkey
04-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Norm on SNL with Sly Stallone.

"What were you thinking when you made Over the Top?"

"What did you say when you first read the script, this sounds good."

"Remember the movie Kramer vs. Kramer. That was a good movie but what was it missing, oh yeah arm wrestling."

mavsfan1000
06-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Tom Leykis of Radio and the Adam Sandler cd, What's your name? :lol :lol
You must be banned now. :madrun

Shelly
06-26-2007, 06:49 PM
I love Larry the Cable Guy!

No one mentioned Robert Schimmel. He's hilarious.

Whatever happend to Judy Tenuta...her LaToya Jackson impersonation was spot on!

Spurminator
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
How the hell did Dane Cook avoid mention in this thread?

mardigan
06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
For sure Mencia.

Dane Cook as well even though I like some of his stuff.

Patton Oswald is probably my favorite comic ever

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Granted, I just scanned the thread thinking I surely must have posted, but I seem to have missed this one and I can't believe I didn't see the name of the ULTIMATE over-rated, talentless HACK: Dane Cook.

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Holy crap...great minds...

:lol

SpursWoman
06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Go rent Eddie Murphy Raw, and get back with me on that.

OMG ... I just watched that again not that long ago and I still laughed until I was in tears.

I liked Jeff Foxworthy when the redneck jokes were brand new ... but now it's REALLY old.

I like George Carlin.

I like Dave Chappelle.

There's this comedian we watched not long ago that I guess specializes in magic (Jonathan?) that was hysterical...I was dying-laughing.

I think Chris Rock is a lot better now than he used to be.

I like Robin Williams, the actor, but I can't stand his comedy.

But as for un-funny, I really don't think I've seen one female comedian that I've especially liked.

Spurminator
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Holy crap...great minds...

No kidding... Did he only reach his unbearable level of overexposure and douchebaggery within the last year? Or did we all just have a collective brain fart when this thread was created?

E20
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Everybody pretty much sucks excpet Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle. Half the shit, no wait, all the shit that other comedians say aren't funny yet the crowd laughs. That's fucking ridiculous.

I haven't seen Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawerance or Chris Tucker so I can't rate them, but the majority of peole I've seen aren't funny. I rented Kings of Comedy and I paid 5 bucks for a crash course in Ebonics.

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
But as for un-funny, I really don't think I've seen one female comedian that I've especially liked.

Kathleen Madigan rocks. Other than that I can't think of any. Lisa Lampanelli sucks ass.

Spurminator
06-26-2007, 07:04 PM
What, Kathy Griffin doesn't do it for you guys?

mardigan
06-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh, and Zach Galifinakis is really funny to me as well

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 07:05 PM

No kidding... Did he only reach his unbearable level of overexposure and douchebaggery within the last year? Or did we all just have a collective brain fart when this thread was created?

Dunno. I've never laughed at ANY of his stuff. And I have forcibly exposed myself to his act several times in an attempt to figure out just WTF I was missing. Hell, I actually laughed at ONE of Dat Phan's weak ass jokes during the first season of LCS.

So the ASF laff meter stands at:

Dat Phan 1,
Dane Cook 0

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 07:08 PM
What, Kathy Griffin doesn't do it for you guys?

Ehhh...

And to expand on my Lisa Lampanelli point, just taking the stage and insulting random audience member's ethnicity was only barely funny when Don Rickles did it 40 years ago.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Gilbert Godfried's CD Dirty Jokes is fucking brilliant. Some of the jokes are old but his delivery and voice make the shit hilarious. George Lopez is high on my list.

Dane Cook is terribly over rated. I sat through his bullshit HBO special once and it just pissed me off. I don't understand how people can think he is funny.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Gilbert Gottfried can say the stupidest unfunniest shit in the world and he can still make me laugh.

I think Dane Cook must have really gained momentum in the last year. I saw about four minutes of his HBO special and changed the channel.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Dane Cook is not funny. I think his success is due to the fact that his target audience hasn't heard better. I grew up listening to Carlin, Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Kinison, etc. Who else do the young padawans have out there now?

Louis C.K. is one of the better ones out there now, IMO.

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 08:04 PM

Yes he is, and his HBO show Lucky Louie, I think it was called, was hilarious.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Norm McDonald was so bad he was brilliant. He was the funniest Weekend Update anchor ever.

+1

I agree, I actually own Dirty Work, and consider it a great SNL movie for that era. Art Lange is in it too so its even funnier. Chris Farley is almost packed to ride into the sunset. Great funny toilet humor movie.

Norm was the last good Weekend Update anchor if you think about it. I think Collin Quinn was after him and he pretty much killed it.
Norm had his own style, and i'll be damned if I didnt say "You guessed it--frank stallone" like 10 times a day in jr high, also his style of comedy where noone in the audience laughed made me laugh in real life looking at the TV screen.
Just watching Norm watch the crowd, waiting to get a response. He's like the Silkk the Shocker of SNL members.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Norm on SNL with Sly Stallone.

"What were you thinking when you made Over the Top?"

"What did you say when you first read the script, this sounds good."

"Remember the movie Kramer vs. Kramer. That was a good movie but what was it missing, oh yeah arm wrestling."

That was one fo the best skits ever.....remember when he's in the car dying and he finally pissed Stallone off for making fun of his movies and Stallone is beating the shit out of him...Norm's like "Stop! Stop! Stop.......*or my mom will shoot sucks*"

LOLOL
Then Will Ferrell is the paramedic and goes "A dying man thinks TAngo and Cash is jackass so you're gonna punch him out?" "No actually he didn't mention Tango and Cash"

"Hey theres a video in here......It's rambo. I guess he really was a fan. Oh wait a minute, its a porno, its Rambone. Rambone everybody"

hahahaha
sheer genius

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
That was one of the greatest SNL skits ever.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Artie Lange is horribly overrated, even though he's great on Howard's show.

Ron White, on the other hand, is about the funniest person going these days, IMO.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Fuck Ron White. Pinche gabacho. He is a terrible comedian. I don't understand how people like those white trash comics. The shit just isn't funny. I guess I need to live in a trailer park to understand it.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I dunno. Ron White is one rich mofo, even without the comedy. The bit he does about waiting for his rich inlaws to die gets me every time. :)

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Who give a fuck about rich? Bill Gates is rich and I don't think he's funny.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I do, every time he says Windows is a safe OS. :lol

mrsmaalox
06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Actually Charles Rocket was fired from SNL long before Norm; for the same reason. It's hard to call alot of these guys comedians because most of them have now morphed into "comedic actors". I find Dane Cook funny in that "cute guy with a playful personality" way. And Eddie Izzard is the absolute greatest; but alot of guys are ripping off his style--no, not his fashion style!!

L.I.T
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Overrrated:

Dane Cook
that fat asian lesbian
jeff foxworthy
larry the cable guy
chevy chase

Leetonidas
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
As far as stand-up goes, I don't think I can pick too many overrated...but I'd say Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, definitely.

As far as people I like goes, Pablo Francisco, Lewis Black, Ron White, Christopher Titus, and Demetri Martin are my favorites.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
As far as stand-up goes, I don't think I can pick too many overrated...but I'd say Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy, definitely.

As far as people I like goes, Pablo Francisco, Lewis Black, Ron White, Christopher Titus, and Demetri Martin are my favorites.

Lewis Black is very funny!

ObiwanGinobili
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
But there is a guy I just heard of who I think would have been great, but he died of a heroin overdose.
His name is Mitch Hedberg, he used a bunch of situational humor, and when I first listened to him I thought it was crap, but I gave it another listen, and I found out that the more I heard it the more I liked it. Too bad he is no longer with us, I thought he could have been big!

Mitch died of an OD? man i am way behind! I LOVED that guy - one of my fav. comedians.

him and Zach Galifinakis.

Thunder Dan
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Dane Cook is the posterboy for this, not only is he overrated but he is a hack who steals other people's material. Also, he doesn't even tell jokes, he just gets up there and tells made up stories.

Larry the Cable Guy is annoying

George Carlin wrote something like 160 hours of material, which is amazing

Mitch Hedberg is the best comic of our generation for a small theater. He wrote brilliant jokes, and many of them. RIP

Chris Rock is the best for arenas

thats it and thats allhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/jimmybop/Random/mitch_hedberg_remix.jpg

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I know it's late but yes, weekend update sucks ass now.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't think I've seen an episode of SNL for at least ten years.

ObiwanGinobili
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
That was one fo the best skits ever.....remember when he's in the car dying and he finally pissed Stallone off for making fun of his movies and Stallone is beating the shit out of him...Norm's like "Stop! Stop! Stop.......*or my mom will shoot sucks*"

LOLOL
Then Will Ferrell is the paramedic and goes "A dying man thinks TAngo and Cash is jackass so you're gonna punch him out?" "No actually he didn't mention Tango and Cash"

"Hey theres a video in here......It's rambo. I guess he really was a fan. Oh wait a minute, its a porno, its Rambone. Rambone everybody"

hahahaha
sheer genius

I just LMFAO just from reading this.

oh god how I loved Norm on SNL.. and Dirty Work.. the dead hookers inteh trunks... :lol

I saw Carlin in person 4 yrs agao and he rocked. I;ve seen some of his older stuff and I hated it.

I hate lisa lampenelli, dane cook, cedric, all of the redneck dudes except the one with the cigar..... mencia, seinfeld as a stand up.

jonathon the great (magician) is friggin hilarious. louis ck is also very funny - BTW: dane cook stole some of louis ck's jokes.

I dont; think of will ferrel as a stand up.. infact I don;t think he ever has done stand up. So i don;t include him in this at all.

marini martini
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Ron White, my sugar daddy!!!!!

cornbread
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
David Cross has some hilarious stand up.

THE ONE AND ONLY
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Dane Cook is not funny. I think his success is due to the fact that his target audience hasn't heard better. I grew up listening to Carlin, Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Kinison, etc. Who else do the young padawans have out there now?

Dane Cook has to be the most over rated. The guy is fucking huge right now and his jokes are a fucking joke. I think his popularity is because he is a good looking guy that professes his faith in Jesus.

Thunder Dan
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
This is funny as it pertains to this topic and Dane Cook. This is from his Wikipedia page

After the release of his CD/DVD Retaliation, similarities were noticed between Cook's work and material recorded on Louis C.K.'s 2001 album Live in Houston.[10] The bits in question are Louis C.K.'s "Itchy Asshole," "Guy On A Bike," and "Naming Kids." In 2005, Dane Cook performed and released three similar routines on Retaliation.[11] These are "Itchy Asshole," "Struck By A Vehicle," and "My Son Optimus Prime," respectively. Cook has denied any plagiarism.[citation needed]

In an interview on the Free Beer & Hot Wings Morning Show in February 2007, C.K. stated that while the jokes are similar, the issue was "overblown" and may stem from a backlash against Cook's popularity. However, C.K. accused Cook of being "bullyish" and litigious towards comedians for having similar material to his despite claiming elsewhere that comedians stealing material from each other happens all the time and that it isn't a big deal. C.K. also stated "Too bad the guy [Cook] can't write enough." C.K. ended the interview by jokingly saying, at the constant prodding by the DJs, "Fuck Dane Cook, he's a cunt."[12]

Cook's episode of Comedy Central Presents (Season 1) credits Louis CK as one of the writers. [13]

Comedian Joe Rogan has spoken on many occasions (including the December 1, 2006 broadcast of the Opie and Anthony Show) about Cook performing a bit on an episode of Premium Blend that Rogan had developed on I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday (sketch titled 'Tigers Fucking'), and claims to have performed the routine earlier in clubs with Cook present.[14]

Rob Sheffield criticized Dane Cook's material in in a Rolling Stone article from October 2006, claiming a joke he performed was orignally done by Emo Philips.[15]

Comedian Ron White has criticized Dane Cook for his lack of real material and for his inflated ego.[16] At a 2007 Irving Plaza show, comedian Zach Galifianakis commented, “I saw Employee of the Month the other day...it wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be.” During his closing number he revealed a sign that read “Kill Dane Cook" before leaving the stage.[17]

Comedian Andy Kindler has been particularly critical of Cook in his stage act, saying "Thank you MySpace for inventing Dane Cook" and that "Dane Cook is a pyramid scheme. 'Tell ten friends who know nothing about comedy about him.'"[18] He criticized his lack of material by asking a crowd "Do you think people drive home from a Dane Cook concert and go 'Ha Ha Oh my god we've been had! There's not a goddamn joke within a hundred miles of his act!'" In comparing the Dane Cook phenomenon to the spread of Nazism in Germany, Kindler asserted that "Dane Cook is worse than Hitler, because at least Hitler had a point of view!"[19]

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Dave Attel (since noone's mentioned him yet) is incredibly UNDERrated in my book.

His clips should be banned from Raw Dog 104 and Blue Collar 103. They are a threat to public safety, as I usually laugh so hard I miss about 3/4 of a mile of highway.

Last Comic Standing
06-27-2007, 01:16 AM
There was a comic at Kori's last GTG he sat at the poker table very funny guy, went and auditioned for LCS anyone know his name? he was from Austin. The dude did a bit about Pairs Hilton and the big flipping deal about her being on the news 24/7 it was hilarious. I am still laugh about from time to time. :lmao

BeerIsGood!
06-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Dave Attel is funny, Dane Cook is a hack.

Overall, I tend to gravitate towards certain works from different comedians. Murphy's Raw and Delirious were damn funny, Lewis Black's "Black on Broadway" was funny, Jim Gaffigan has one or two funny shows, Ron White has one I like. Pablo Francisco's "Movie Trailer Voice Guy" routine almost made me choke to death the first time I heard it. George Lopez' "Why You Cryin'" was funny as hell to me, mainly because of my hispanic background and jokes with which I could relate. George Carlin is great - the guy is pure talent who has come up with more good material than anyone else alive or dead. The volume of work is massive.

One I didn't see mentioned but I think is great at imitation is Jim Breuer. The guy's Brian Johnson from ACDC routine and his Rob Halford from Judas Priest impersonation are spot on brilliant. Some of the best ever.

ATRAIN
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I dont know why but I cant stand George Lopez, I dont think he is funny at all, its just my opinion though.

monosylab1k
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I dont know why but I cant stand George Lopez, I dont think he is funny at all, its just my opinion though.

you aren't alone.

monosylab1k
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
old school Damon Wayans stand-up routines are fuckin HILARIOUS. it makes you forget that he ever made Blankman.

He's the only funny guy in probably the most unfunny and overrated family ever.

DarkReign
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Someone said Kinnison was overrated.

I LOLed.

dallaskd
06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Favs:

Dane Cook
Jim Gaffigan
Daniel Tosh
Steven Lynch
Pablo Francisco

Dislike:

Jerry Sienfield
Carlos Mencia
Joe Rogan

Bob Lanier
06-27-2007, 06:17 PM
I think that you have to have certain life experiences in order to find someone funny. For instance, my family loves to complain. LOVES it. It's our favorite hobby. So I think Lewis Black and George Carlin are hilarious. I think Kevin Nealon is underrated as a stand-up comedian. And my favorite comedian on that "Red Neck" thing is the fat guy who always has a cigar and a drink in his hand.

As for overrated:
Will Ferrell - The next time I laugh at a Ferrell joke will be the first time.
Kevin James - His wife on that show is the only reason I pause to watch it.
Ray Romano - I have to really tired to enjoy his show.
Nailed it.

ShoogarBear
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Does Will Ferrell actually do stand-up? I don't find him that funny, but I can see why some people would like him as a comic actor. But I just can't imagine he'd be any good at stand-up.

Sam Kinnison was great early on, but jumped the shark quickly.

Leetonidas
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Carlos Mencia is a little bitch. I wish his gay ass show would get canceled already. It's not even funny.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Dave Attel (since noone's mentioned him yet) is incredibly UNDERrated in my book.

His clips should be banned from Raw Dog 104 and Blue Collar 103. They are a threat to public safety, as I usually laugh so hard I miss about 3/4 of a mile of highway.

Yeah. Everybody should get his album "Skanks for the Memories". I pissed myself laughing.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
You guys have not laughed until you have seen "Bits and Pieces" by Pablo Francisco. The funniest shit ever! Dave Chappelle without question is one of the best. His specials "For What It's Worth" and "Killin' Em Softly" were fucking hilarious. I don't know what's with the Ron White hate. His specials "You Can't Fix Stupid" and "They Call Me Tater Salad" were pretty funny. Although everyone else in his crew isn't funny. Kyle Cease, I believe, has not had special yet but I did hear him on an episode of Comedy Central Presents and he couldn't stop making me laugh. He and Demitri Martin fall under category of weird jokes. Their jokes never have a story to go with it. It's just joke after joke. Demitri Martin's jokes are weirder than Cease's but they are both very funny. I really liked Demitri Martin's special "Human". I have not seen a George Lopez special in a while so I can't remember the names of them, but they were very funny.

Best Comedians:
Ron White
Dave Chappelle
Pablo Francisco
Kyle Cease
Demitri Martin
George Lopez

Borderline:
Carlos Mencia

Overrated:
Cedric the Entertainer
Jeff Foxworthy
Larry The Cable Guy
Bill Engvall
Lisa Lampanelli
Dane Cook

dallaskd
06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Carlos Mencia is a little bitch. I wish his gay ass show would get canceled already. It's not even funny.

ditto. btw.... nice blink 182 avi

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2007, 08:58 PM
There was a special on Comedy Central of some guy that I thought was very funny, but I can't remember his name or the name of his special. He was young and white with short hair and I think his first name was Josh. Can someone help me out?

Leetonidas
06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
You guys have not laughed until you have seen "Bits and Pieces" by Pablo Francisco. The funniest shit ever! Dave Chappelle without question is one of the best. His specials "For What It's Worth" and "Killin' Em Softly" were fucking hilarious. I don't know what's with the Ron White hate. His specials "You Can't Fix Stupid" and "They Call Me Tater Salad" were pretty funny. Although everyone else in his crew isn't funny. Kyle Cease, I believe, has not had special yet but I did hear him on an episode of Comedy Central Presents and he couldn't stop making me laugh. He and Demitri Martin fall under category of weird jokes. Their jokes never have a story to go with it. It's just joke after joke. Demitri Martin's jokes are weirder than Cease's but they are both very funny. I really liked Demitri Martin's special "Human". I have not seen a George Lopez special in a while so I can't remember the names of them, but they were very funny.

Best Comedians:
Ron White
Dave Chappelle
Pablo Francisco
Kyle Cease
Demitri Martin
George Lopez

Borderline:
Carlos Mencia

Overrated:
Cedric the Entertainer
Jeff Foxworthy
Larry The Cable Guy
Bill Engvall
Lisa Lampanelli
Dane Cook
I almost completely agree, but I think Carlos Mencia fucking sucks ass. He steals like all his material, he is a fat, loud, over-excited, annoying dumbass and he's not even funny. He's like a male version of Lisa Lampanelli.

Thunder Dan
06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Mitch Hedberg still owns just about everyone right now. Ron White doesn't hold Mitch's Heroin needle

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

"Chicago is known as the Windy City, and Montana is called the Big Sky State, so I think that we should somehow combine the two to create the ultimate kite-flying experience."

"I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality."

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
A couple of upcoming comedians that I think are pretty funny are Demetri Martin, Zach Galifinakis, and Nick Swardson

Duff McCartney
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Larry The Cable Guy is by far one of the worse comedians ever. I'm with David Cross on his criticism of Larry The Cable Guy....

It's a lot of anti-gay, racist humor — which people like in America — all couched in 'I'm telling it like it is.' He's in the right place at the right time for that gee-shucks, proud-to-be-a-redneck, I'm-just-a-straight-shooter-multimillionaire-in-cutoff-flannel-selling-ring-tones act. That's where we are as a nation now. We're in a state of vague American values and anti-intellectual pride.

CharlieMac
06-27-2007, 11:39 PM
David Cross is one of the funniest people in the history of the planet Earth.

I dont understand the Dane Cook hate. I mean, I dont like him, but I don't dislike him. A lot of people just flat out HATE him. They might be the people that made him popular in the first place though. It's okay to be embarrassed about things we used to like. I used to own a Sugar Ray album.

I was watching some Sinbad specials on YouTube the other day. He was pretty good.

There was someone I was thinking about hating the other day. Oh right, Eddie Izzard. But I hate British accents, so he never really stood a chance.

Thunder Dan
06-27-2007, 11:57 PM

I dont understand the Dane Cook hate. I mean, I dont like him, but I don't dislike him. A lot of people just flat out HATE him. They might be the people that made him popular in the first place though. It's okay to be embarrassed about things we used to like. I used to own a Sugar Ray album.

I was watching some Sinbad specials on YouTube the other day. He was pretty good.

There was someone I was thinking about hating the other day. Oh right, Eddie Izzard. But I hate British accents, so he never really stood a chance.

He doesn't tell jokes, he just gets up there and acts goofy. The jokes he does tell are other people's. Simply put, if you were not with a bunch of other people in a comedy club expecting to laugh, you would never laugh at him. How is a made up story about someone shitting on coats funny(like its even believable). Most comics bust their ass to write intelligent jokes, when Dane just gets up there and does comedy for fringe people who don't even know comedy and think it is.

Example: Somehow bands like Good Charlotte have been classified as punk. Besides touring with real punk bands on the warped tour and using guitars, they are not close to being classified as anything other than pop or maybe alternative. However, people who don't know any better (usually adolescent girls) think of them as a punk band, and classify themselves as punks (Avril is the cover girl for this movement). The same can be said for Dane Cook and his fans. Just like how Good Charlotte looks the image of a punk band, Dane Cook looks like his is doing comedy (if there is such a look). It's a performance similar, just like Good Charlotte tours with punk bands. Anyone who likes real, true comedy, hates him, because he isn't comedy. This is why people who say: "Dane Cook is the funniest guy alive", normally place Wil Ferrel as their favorite comic (though he doesn't do stand-up) Which proves they don't even like comedy, they just think they do. :smokin

Texas_Ranger
06-28-2007, 02:45 AM
I don't know who is for me over rated. But one of the best comedians I like to watch is Alfonso Ribeiro or Carlton from The Fresh princ.

smeagol
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I saw live Robin Williams' last stand up (2004 I believe) on Broadway and it was fucking hilarious.

There was a bit about golf which was priceless.

Kevin James is funny.

Ray Romano is unfunny.

Most women commedians are unfunny. Ellen makes me laugh on rare occasions.

Has anybody heard of Johnathan Winters. Funniest man alive (if he is still alive).

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Kevin Hart is great too.

cornbread
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM

His stand up kills!!! :toast

Avitus1
06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Here is my list of overrated comedians and some of my favorite comedians.

Over Rated

Carlos Mencia Dont get me started on this guy! He only blew up because Comedy Central needed to fill the "Chappelle Void." I dont think any thing he does or say is funny and that most of his humor relies on stupid stereotypes, and recycled material. The guy has also been accused of plagiarisms I wikied the following.

Accusations of plagiarism

Comedian Joe Rogan wrote a post on his website publicly accusing Mencia of being a plagiarist, alleging that Mencia stole jokes from a number of comedians.[6]

Mencia responded to the accusations while being interviewed on the Tucson, Arizona The Frank Show, stating that Joe Rogan had fabricated the plagiarism charge out of jealousy. On his own website, Mencia argued that the material in question was too generic to be attributed to any single comedian.[citation needed]

On February 10, 2007 Rogan confronted Mencia on stage at the Comedy Store on Sunset and continued his allegations of plagiarism. A video of the altercation (created and edited by Rogan) was posted on in his website.[1] In the video, Joe Rogan's arguments were backed by different audio and video clips from other comedians including George Lopez. The Comedy Store later canceled Joe Rogan's upcoming shows at that particular venue.[7]

George Lopez has accused Mencia of plagiarizing his material. In an interview on The Howard Stern Show, Lopez accused Mencia of plagiarizing 13 minutes of his material in Mencia's HBO special. He also claimed he had a physical altercation with Mencia over the alleged plagiarism.[8]

Jimmy Kimmel I'm not entirely sure that this guy is a comedian or not because I've only seen him hosting/guest hosting things but comedian or not he's not funny.

Dane Cook Enough about him has been said here but his frat boy "humor," and his stupid stories are not funny. His jokes seem to all rely on throwing cuss words into a story that is painfully unbelievable.

Will Ferrel Sometimes funny, most times not, highly overrated.

Ron White The problem with Ron White that I have is it seems he relies on the same jokes time and time again. I've heard the "tater salad" bit, and the "wife cant cook bit" several times from him and not all in the same rerun of his comedy special.

Margaret Cho A lot of people think she's funny but all she seems to do is stupid impressions of her mom and other Asian people.

My Favorite Comedians

George Lopez I think George Lopez is hilarious. His jokes never fail to make me laugh, its a shame about his show.

Eddie Izzard I've only seen him mentioned once here if you really want to laugh you gotta watch "Dressed to Kill." He does dress in drag though so thats your warning. This is really worth the watch.

Lewis Black He has turned ranting and bitching into pure comic gold.

Larry David He was a writer on Seinfeld and has a hilarious show HBO (Curb Your Enthusiasm). He is a bit of a complainer and plays the idiot card a lot but the man is funny as hell. Watch his show if you get the chance.

Demetri Martin He is a new comer to the comedy scene and most will know him from his "Trend Spotting" segment on the DailyShow but if you get the chance check out his comedy. I bought his CD when it came out and it was totally worth it.

Dave Chapelle The man is a comedic genius his show was one of the funniest in years and the stand up special "Kill Em' Softly" is still one of the funniest of all times.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Kyle Cease, I believe, has not had special yet
Tonight on Comedy Central he has one. :danceclub Kyle Cease: Weirder. Blacker. Dimpler.

dimsah
10-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Dave Attel is not getting enough love. His stand-up is fantastic.
Brian Regan is hilarious as well.
That's my two favorites and they're like polar opposites.

I saw Lewis Black in February of this year and he was great. I'm going to see him again on Nov 16 at the Kimmel center here in Philly.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-13-2007, 06:58 PM
There was a special on Comedy Central of some guy that I thought was very funny, but I can't remember his name or the name of his special. He was young and white with short hair and I think his first name was Josh. Can someone help me out?
I was thinking of Daniel Tosh. His special that I was talking about is also on tonight. Tonight is gonna be hilarious. :clap

mookie2001
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
24 owns ali g!!

carlos mencia
i cannot imagine any rational person thinking he is even somewhat funny

dimsah
10-14-2007, 07:44 AM
I caught the Daniel Tosh comedy central special last night.
He might be too edgy for some, but I thought he was very funny.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-14-2007, 08:33 AM
:lmao Both specials were fucking hilarious.

Xolotl
10-14-2007, 10:59 AM
I only caught the second special I think it was Daniel Tosh I enjoyed it...the comedian I think is overrated is Jeff Foxworthy.

jay014
10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
comedian Joe Rogan confronts Carlos Mencia about stealing material (http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/57861/detail/)
Here is my list of overrated comedians and some of my favorite comedians.

Over Rated

Carlos Mencia Dont get me started on this guy! He only blew up because Comedy Central needed to fill the "Chappelle Void." I dont think any thing he does or say is funny and that most of his humor relies on stupid stereotypes, and recycled material. The guy has also been accused of plagiarisms I wikied the following.

Accusations of plagiarism

Comedian Joe Rogan wrote a post on his website publicly accusing Mencia of being a plagiarist, alleging that Mencia stole jokes from a number of comedians.[6]

Mencia responded to the accusations while being interviewed on the Tucson, Arizona The Frank Show, stating that Joe Rogan had fabricated the plagiarism charge out of jealousy. On his own website, Mencia argued that the material in question was too generic to be attributed to any single comedian.[citation needed]

On February 10, 2007 Rogan confronted Mencia on stage at the Comedy Store on Sunset and continued his allegations of plagiarism. A video of the altercation (created and edited by Rogan) was posted on in his website.[1] In the video, Joe Rogan's arguments were backed by different audio and video clips from other comedians including George Lopez. The Comedy Store later canceled Joe Rogan's upcoming shows at that particular venue.[7]

George Lopez has accused Mencia of plagiarizing his material. In an interview on The Howard Stern Show, Lopez accused Mencia of plagiarizing 13 minutes of his material in Mencia's HBO special. He also claimed he had a physical altercation with Mencia over the alleged plagiarism.[8]

Jimmy Kimmel I'm not entirely sure that this guy is a comedian or not because I've only seen him hosting/guest hosting things but comedian or not he's not funny.

Dane Cook Enough about him has been said here but his frat boy "humor," and his stupid stories are not funny. His jokes seem to all rely on throwing cuss words into a story that is painfully unbelievable.

Will Ferrel Sometimes funny, most times not, highly overrated.

Ron White The problem with Ron White that I have is it seems he relies on the same jokes time and time again. I've heard the "tater salad" bit, and the "wife cant cook bit" several times from him and not all in the same rerun of his comedy special.

Margaret Cho A lot of people think she's funny but all she seems to do is stupid impressions of her mom and other Asian people.

My Favorite Comedians

George Lopez I think George Lopez is hilarious. His jokes never fail to make me laugh, its a shame about his show.

Eddie Izzard I've only seen him mentioned once here if you really want to laugh you gotta watch "Dressed to Kill." He does dress in drag though so thats your warning. This is really worth the watch.

Lewis Black He has turned ranting and bitching into pure comic gold.

Larry David He was a writer on Seinfeld and has a hilarious show HBO (Curb Your Enthusiasm). He is a bit of a complainer and plays the idiot card a lot but the man is funny as hell. Watch his show if you get the chance.

Demetri Martin He is a new comer to the comedy scene and most will know him from his "Trend Spotting" segment on the DailyShow but if you get the chance check out his comedy. I bought his CD when it came out and it was totally worth it.

Dave Chapelle The man is a comedic genius his show was one of the funniest in years and the stand up special "Kill Em' Softly" is still one of the funniest of all times.

Jimcs50
10-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Well, I just paid over $350 for 3 tickets to his concert at the Toyota Center on Dec 7th....so I guess I am screwed, eh?

:)

mookie2001
10-14-2007, 04:06 PM
i would say so, final four tickets are cheaper than that

witweew
05-01-2008, 11:33 PM
....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and

there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a

compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +

cherylsteele
05-02-2008, 12:06 AM
There's this comedian we watched not long ago that I guess specializes in magic (Jonathan?) that was hysterical...I was dying-laughing.
The Amazing Jonathan
HqvenoKDP_Q

cherylsteele
05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Over-rated:
George Carlin - I just never really liked him.
Andrew Dice Clay
Dana Carvey
Whoopi Goldberg
George Lopez
Under-rated:
Jeff Dunham
Steven Wright
Tim Allen

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Over-rated:
George Carlin - I just never really liked him.
Andrew Dice Clay
Dana Carvey
Whoopi Goldberg
George Lopez
Under-rated:
Jeff Dunham
Steven Wright
Tim Allen

:lmao

That is the worst over rated, under rated list ever.

Tim Allen? :lmao

That says it all.

Tim Allen.

:rollin

JMarkJohns
05-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Just to chime in...

Dane Cook
Dane Cook
Dane Cook

cherylsteele
05-02-2008, 12:55 AM
:lmao

That is the worst over rated, under rated list ever.

Tim Allen? :lmao

That says it all.

Tim Allen.

:rollin
So....were is your list(s)?

midgetonadonkey
05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Overrated:

Dane Cook
Larry the Cable Guy
The Must be a Redneck Guy
Katt Williams
Cedric the Entertainer

Underrated:
Yucko the Clown
Norm McDonald
Bob Saget
Greg Fitzsimons
Colin Quinn

Duncan
05-02-2008, 01:32 AM
overrated: Chris Duel

underrated: mouse

T Park
05-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Overrated:

Dane Cook
Larry the Cable Guy
Katt Williams
Cedric the Entertainer

Underrated:
Yucko the Clown
Norm McDonald
Bob Saget
Greg Fitzsimons
Colin Quinn

Bob Saget is a douche bag and a half.

He wouldn't know a joke if it slapped him in the face on his episode of entourage.

In plane site
05-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Kori

LJ

TPark

mouse
05-02-2008, 02:33 AM
overrated: Chris Duel

underrated: mouse

Why won't Chris Duel let me open for him at the River Center comedy club, or have me on the radio since he claims I am the best all time radio caller in the history of San Antonio, have you ever wondered about that?

Overrated:Jay Leno

Underrated:Emo Phillips

smeagol
05-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Overrated:

Dane Cook
Larry the Cable Guy
Katt Williams
Cedric the Entertainer

Underrated:
Yucko the Clown
Norm McDonald
Bob Saget
Greg Fitzsimons
Colin Quinn

Bob Saget?

Colin Quinn?

Are you fucking serious? :lmao:lmao:lmao

pussyface
05-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Overrated:
Billy Crystal (surprised he hasn't come up more) (its not funny...its not fun/mr. saturday night)
Robin Williams (most annoying comedian of all time... joke theif to boot)
Andrew Dice Clay (the Adventures of Ford Fairlane...good vh1 reality show though)

Underrated:
Dave Attel (snow blower, bottle of whiskey)
Nick DiPaulo (the ginny republican is a funny motherfucker)
Sam Kinnison, by the younger set
Doug Stanhope (this guy is genuinely interesting, and I never would have believed it before hearing him w/ his girlfriend from the mental institution stumping for ron paul on Howard Stern)

Whisky Dog
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Funny how many people here have slammed comedians for "not telling jokes, just stories." Almost all comedians don't tell jokes. Most of what humans laugh at has nothing to do with funny, laughter is more of a social mechanism that signals approval or interest, or is used when someone feels slightly uncomfortable. Comedians hit those buttons with stories, not jokes.

Whisky Dog
05-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Youngster.

Would that be the cracked out crazy, please take my kids Spears?

Or the Disney channel teenage knocked up Spears?

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I saw Greg Fitzsimons a month or 2 ago and he was very very funny. I don't think he is underrated or overrated though- I think he is properly rated.

cherylsteele
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Overrated:

Dane Cook
Larry the Cable Guy
Katt Williams
Cedric the Entertainer

Underrated:
Yucko the Clown
Norm McDonald
Bob Saget
Greg Fitzsimons
Colin Quinn
You give me a hard time about Tim Allen and then you bring up Bob Saget and Colin Quin?:rolleyes

possessed
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Dane Cook. I've watched a couple of his specials, didn't find anything funny at all.

I think Tim Allen's male groaning shtick wore out faster than Foxworthy's "you might be a redneck" routine. Both are boring.

I actually like Larry the Cable Guy's lowbrow humor.

Redd Foxx is the GOAT.

nomanches
05-02-2008, 11:06 PM
bob saget in full house definitely sucks...but his standup and whole act is far from the squeaky clean full house days

pretty vulgar and funny

definitely underrated.

bUhoorz6szE

this is pure gold right here.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Bob Saget is frickin awesome.

Don Quixote
05-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Well ... you don't have to be vulgar to be funny. Bob Saget is funny without it.

My personal favorite is Bill Cosby. And Richard Pryor, who WAS vulgar.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
anything with Monty Python's flying circus

GTFO

2eMkth8FWno

ur5fGSBsfq8
"Beckenbauer obviously a bit of a surprise there" :lol

Nietzsche receives a yellow card after claiming that "Confucius has no free will"; Confucius says "Name go in book" :lol

"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside." :lmao

IMxWLuOFyZM

8gpjk_MaCGM

sVxM5IBLeU4

Kori Ellis
05-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Robin Williams

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Would that be the cracked out crazy, please take my kids Spears?

Or the Disney channel teenage knocked up Spears?

Both are Louisiana congressional material.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Redd Foxx is the GOAT.

Man and a woman were making out at night in the park. After a while, the guy says, "damn, baby, I wish I had a flashlight!". And she says, "me, too, the last five minutes you've been eating grass!"

Heath Ledger
05-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Seinfeld without a doubt has the dryest lamest brand of humor i've ever seen. Dane Cook is also lame, hes more silly and stupid than funny.

debo
05-03-2008, 09:46 AM
dane cook

Argiebabe
05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I absolutely loooooove Monty pythons!!!!

as for overrated...Sarah Silverman! she is not funny at all

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 01:17 PM
dane cook

you have to be kidding me. Dane Cook is brilliant

pickle girl
05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Overrated: Jay Mohr

Underrated: surgarbear

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Say what you want about Seinfeld's stand-up, but his show was unquestionably one of the greatest of all time.

Heath Ledger
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Ive played poker with Dane Cook and i still think he sucks..