PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge Shopping for an Agent, Likely to go Pro

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9357436

timvp
04-04-2006, 04:41 PM
He musta heard that Tyrus Thomas is coming back to school. He wants no part of him.

:smokin

mookie2001
04-04-2006, 05:40 PM
yeah so lamarcus will go #2 behind thomas

JMarkJohns
04-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Do you realize that Doyle gets his info from reading message boards?

He's not as inside as he'd like you to believe.

He's a jackass to boot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah Doyle's an idiot, but I've heard the same through the grapevine.

Bo Malette
04-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Tyrus Thomas had one good fucking game, other than that he's just really athletic. You didn't see him abuse lamarcus or anything in that ut/lsu game

Cant_Be_Faded
04-04-2006, 09:44 PM
But he's a future number 1 pick!

T-Pain
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
so lamarcus is a top 5 pick?

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 09:30 AM
all season he was projected as the tenative #1 if he came out
so i don't think he'll fall past 3

samikeyp
04-05-2006, 10:50 AM
IMO, both should stay at least one more year.

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 11:03 AM
for gods sake robert swift was taken out of high school

by both do you mean tucker?
I dont think many persons in their right mind wouldnt think a 6-5 PF who missed most of his so. year should skip his sr year

and I think with Lamarcus Texas would be the team to beat
but as far as NEEDING to stay another year to polish his skills and get stronger
thats bullshit
he doesnt give a shit, he's going in the top 3

example...chris bosh can look so shitty one year at GT, loul deng can average like 7 pts for one year at duke, chris paul can look good but average in 2 and then come into the NBA be great, pretty fucking good and great
I think lamarcus has had 100% better careers than most lottery bigmen
then again nobody can tell I thought kirk hienrich and channing frye wouldnt do shit

Horry For 3!
04-05-2006, 11:59 AM

by both do you mean tucker?
I dont think many persons in their right mind wouldnt think a 6-5 PF who missed most of his so. year should skip his sr year

and I think with Lamarcus Texas would be the team to beat
but as far as NEEDING to stay another year to polish his skills and get stronger
thats bullshit
he doesnt give a shit, he's going in the top 3

example...chris bosh can look so shitty one year at GT, loul deng can average like 7 pts for one year at duke, chris paul can look good but average in 2 and then come into the NBA be great, pretty fucking good and great
I think lamarcus has had 100% better careers than most lottery bigmen
then again nobody can tell I thought kirk hienrich and channing frye wouldnt do shit
I thought Kirk would be pretty good but not as good as he turned out to be. I knew Frye would do good in the NBA because I have watched Arizona ball over a couple of years. I like the players they produce that come into the NBA.

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 12:26 PM
well specifically talking strength channing frye was pretty weak, and never developed a goto offensive move in college, I thought his Defensive skills (besides shotblocking) looked good just because of his size
im not ready to annoint frye an allstar, he just had a pretty promising rookie year
and Heinrich played zero PG at KU, he actually played negative PG, so less than drew gooden

ahf wants aldridge to go and so does the rest of the big12, but if texas is going to start being a NBA factory with the top national recruits (durant, bill walker *jinx*) that wont be good for opponents

Horry For 3!
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
well specifically talking strength channing frye was pretty weak, and never developed a goto offensive move in college, I thought his Defensive skills (besides shotblocking) looked good just because of his size
im not ready to annoint frye an allstar, he just had a pretty promising rookie year
and Heinrich played zero PG at KU, he actually played negative PG, so less than drew gooden

ahf wants aldridge to go and so does the rest of the big12, but if texas is going to start being a NBA factory with the top national recruits (durant, bill walker *jinx*) that wont be good for opponents
If LaMarcus is gone then Mike Williams or Matt Hill will have to be the C I think.

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
the other post spot is up for grabs
I don't think Barnes will be playing with a so called center next year

Hill is a shooter, williams would have to improve a lot, plus you don't want your big men to have an avg height of 6-6
atchley will be in his 3rd year, sadly i think if aldridge is gone, atchley has the easiest road to starter, with Williams THE post reserve, with durant playing some inside if he can put on some weight... hill and pittman are the key, without them the Texas bigs are pretty thin depthwise

JMarkJohns
04-05-2006, 01:42 PM
If Aldridge turns pro within the next month, Texas will win the Darrell Arthur sweepstakes. While he's not a center, he's capable against most college bigs.

Arizona is looking at him for PF, but have told him he'd play some center at times, to which he's still got them in him top-5 and is still looking to visit them, so obviously he's not opposed to the idea.

cecil collins
04-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Do you realize that Doyle gets his info from reading message boards?

He's not as inside as he'd like you to believe.

He's a jackass to boot.
And he says that Kevin Durant will likely fill Lamarcus' position. Has he ever watched a game. Durant is not even close to a center. BTW, I was hoping that if Aldridge left, that Arthur would sign with Texas, and maybe that's what he was waiting for.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2006, 05:46 PM
If Conner Atchley earns a starting spot I will root for the Fightin Texas Aggs (gutless)

JMarkJohns
04-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Arthur has been frank his entire time. He has three stipulations, some carry more weight than others, but he's perfectly content on waiting for a chance at all three.

1. Starting role, or at least 25 minutes a game.
2. Big role within the offensive system.
3. For a team with legitimate Final Four chances.

I think Arizona is the best fit, for all three, but him being from Texas, with Texas in the hunt all along, it would not surprise me if he takes the next best offer, which would be Texas.

Both can offer starting roles, both can offer offensive production within a fine offensive system. Where it could come down to is which team is more likely to reach the Final Four: An Arizona team sans Adams, but plus Budinger, McClellan and great depth or a Texas team sans Aldridge, but plus Durant and great depth?

I still feel that Arizona has the bigger need for a frontcourt player capable of 15-7 as a freshman, but he's been so indecisive, noone really can tell where he's leaning.

word
04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9357436

He's nowhere near ready.

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
He's nowhere near ready.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 08:09 PM

I could really care less, Joseph Jones pretty much made him disappear this year whenever they matched up.

I'll be glad when Tucker leaves though.

mookie2001
04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
ROFL
updated mock draft
1. tyrus thomas
2. joe jones
3. aldridge

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
mookie, I almost feel sorry for someone as dumb as you apparently are. Almost.

T-Pain
04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
i think theres a good chance lamarcus will end up on the Knicks

JMarkJohns
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
i think theres a good chance lamarcus will end up on the Knicks

Knicks don't own their pick. Chicago does. They can thank Eddy Curry.

T-Pain
04-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Knicks don't own their pick. Chicago does. They can thank Eddy Curry.

oooooo that sucks, lamarcus might end up on a good team then

MissAllThat
04-06-2006, 03:51 AM
A little part of me dies each time I hear talk of LaMarcus entering the draft. I really really wish he would stay another year, but at the same time I can't fault him for leaving early *unlike Vince Young who I think is a retard* since he has been projected at #1 nearly all season. If I had those kinds of odds, I'd probably leave too. I do however think it would be best for him to stay another year. He has his good moments and his bad ones (or should I say good games and bad games). He wasn't even the best player on our team this year (statistics wise because he was so inconsistent, although I still think that he was more important than PJ). PJ and Daniel on the other hand better stay, thats all there is to it. Neither one of them is ready to go to the NBA at all. Now back to the sickness that has been caused by all the reports I've heard today of LA leaving. BTW, he apparently probably won't make an announcement until after the team banquet on April 10. And as for Arthur, he has narrowed his list to just Texas and KU (because thats what his mommy likes) and should be making his decision within the next week (from what I hear Arizona was cut out, he was supposed to be making a final visit there but he cancelled that too).

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:11 AM
If Tucker was smart he'd leave now. He's the B12 Player of the Year, he basically carred Texas on his back all year, and his stock will never be higher.

JMarkJohns
04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
If Tucker was smart he'd leave now. He's the B12 Player of the Year, he basically carred Texas on his back all year, and his stock will never be higher.

It's basically the same thing with Leon Powe of Cal. He wasn't the Pac-10 player of the year, but he easily could have been. He was healthy for an entire season, dominated the best competition and has a great attitude. None of which will add an extra two inches to his height any day soon, so ya might as well caash out while ya got the chips.

I think both are borderline NBA players, so I'd hate to see either leave.

Tough call.

degenerate_gambler
04-06-2006, 02:18 PM
It's basically the same thing with Leon Powe of Cal.

At least with Powe you know you're getting a 4. PJ Tucker is too small to bang inside with the big boys at the next level and his limited range isnt helping his case for playing a 2 spot either. Best thing for him is to work his ass off this summer to extend his shooting range and ball handling and finish out his eligibility w/Texas.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
at least he'll get paid out

and won't have to make a federal case about it

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 05:50 PM
ahf we're talking about lamarcus going in the lottery (top 3) as a sophmore who missed most of his freshman year. Then you and timvp bring up thomas and jones like yall are scoffing aldridge
thats funny shit

(wrecking crew)

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Except at the end of his next college season. If he stays, he'll most assuredly get B12POY for the 2nd year in a row, and be more skilled in the areas he's lacking in.

And you called mookie dumb?
I guess cuz he's not an agriculturalizer.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
ahf we're talking about lamarcus going in the lottery (top 3) as a sophmore who missed most of his freshman year. Then you and timvp bring up thomas and jones like yall are scoffing aldridge
thats funny shit

I know...it's like, "whoa Tyrus Thomas is an athletic freshman who got alley oops plays against a team that likes to play Zone Defense. "
He's gonna be a number one pick, call it a AHF classic :smokin

oooo you sure did hurt us longhorns by calling that one

i guess i'll only get it if i decide to live in texas and hate the longhorns

then i'll see how tyrus thomas is a sure number 1 draft pick.

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 06:03 PM
hey any sports fan can apprieciate how USC's offense plays, what does it matter where I live?, I never said i was a Trojan Alumist, just to be so talented and efficient and have two heisman winners in the same backfield!
they're going for their 3rd STRAIGHT NATIONAL TITLE, thats history, something that you kids have never seen before.
Have yall ever heard of GAYLE SAYERS?????, reggie bush plays just like him!
sorry I like watching entertaining football!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Remember when new years rolled around and Tlong, timvp, peter bryant, and scott were the most dedicated, thuggish ruggish USC fans in the history of spurstalk

:smchode:

timvp
04-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Nikka if Vince Young had to make a wonderlick decision on that fourth down play and threw an incomplete pass you and mookie would both be posting under oscar dela and your screen names would be a lost to all except those who use the search feature

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Naturally...but he's vince young so fourth down doesn't always mean pass only. Thus the beauty of being Vince.

Both sides of this argument can argue circles around that subject.

What will truely be the decider is how he does in the NFL. But even then, I think its weak that people still look down on him after his mere presence won UT a national BCS Title.

It shouldn't be about wonderlick...it should be about realizing he's a one of a kind athletic freak.

timvp
And if it wasn't for some guy named Ting Tong trying to tackle Vince Yong USC would be going for fo'

mookie2001
lol

speaking of football

I don't think anyone should ever forget
weeks before the Rose Bowl, EPSN ran like a 15 part series highlighting USC as "THE BEST TEAM EVER" in which they beat 9 of the top 10 championship teams of alltime the national epsn poll selected them as the greatest ever and the ESPN three experts rated them the best, second best, and second team college football team of all-time

and I'll always remember I was like
"man!, thats weird, why wouldnt they just wait a few more weeks?"
ROFLROFLROFL

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
wonderlick decision
ROFLROFLROFL

may I remind you Dr. Wonderlick himself reggie bush, threw a FORWARD lateral-fumble to a white linebacker teammate, deeeep in texas territory with a USC lead, in the first half of the national championship game

but the wonderlick doesnt measure that

timvp
Unless the Ting brothers make the NFL I think you've seen the last of Vince Young having 23423,23423,4234,23,234.3 all purpose yards.

Cant_Be_Faded
And if it wasn't for some guy named Ting Tong trying to tackle Vince Yong USC would be going for fo'

But "Ting Tong" did not have the cover of Vince Young for the entire game, and I am pretty sure Vince ran more than 1 play, for more than 1 touchdown.

I believe it was Rod Wright who was quoted in the newspaper to say (paraphrased)

We just wanna see what happens when we beat them. I mean, they already called them 'the best team of all time', so we wanna see what people say after we beat them.

If that's not the most heavy, vulgar display of ownage in the history of college football, then why even pay attention to it? Just to see a 90 yard run by reggie bushes? Or seeing a southpaw, country texas team overcome the "greatest college football team of all time" in the most hyped Rose Bowl in the history of the BCS?

Some people just like hating UT like spurs fans hate the Lakers I guess.

timvp
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
But if Young goes on to have a hall of fame NFL career remember that i called it.

:smokin

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
bing was bad ass

ting is one man

and If it wasnt for my overall lack of skill I could be playing in the nfl right now

timvp
04-06-2006, 06:19 PM
i'd draft mookie before either ting brother and instead of that one linebacker who didn't know what he was doing

timvp
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
If vince goes on to have an Akili Smith career that texas game will be forgotten. If he becomes the next john elway that game will be overhyped like that mike jordan game at UNC that was recently voted the best game ever or whatever.

its up to vincent van young now

timvp
04-06-2006, 06:22 PM
i hope the raiders draft him because randy moss could make him elwayish. plus the raiders are hated which is always a plus

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 06:25 PM
If vince goes on to have an Akili Smith career that texas game will be forgotten. If he becomes the next john elway that game will be overhyped like that mike jordan game at UNC that was recently voted the best game ever or whatever.

its up to vincent van young now

I disagree...dude even if he has a shitty career, you can't deny that it was the most exciting, tense, close bcs title game ever.

Anything coulda happened on any play, and it pretty much did.
That game will be remembered as one of the all time great bcs bowls, even if VY doesn't do squat in the NFL.

VY on the Raiders would be tiiight...A black VY raiders jersey? I'd buy that for a dollar.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
thats funny shit

Funny shut is riding Aldridge's nuts so hard that you completely overlook Jo shutting him down. Some players are just bad matchups for people. Joseph is a bad one for LaMarcus. Deal with it instead of being such a douche.

oooo you sure did hurt us longhorns by calling that one

i guess i'll only get it if i decide to live in texas and hate the longhorns

then i'll see how tyrus thomas is a sure number 1 draft pick.

Well you definitely like the right school, you're dumber than a steer. Show me where I ever said anything about Tyrus jumping LaMarcus.

All I've said is that LA had problems with Joseph Jones this year, which is a fact. Actually, he had problems any time he was matched up against someone bigger and stronger than him.

Except at the end of his next college season. If he stays, he'll most assuredly get B12POY for the 2nd year in a row, and be more skilled in the areas he's lacking in.

B12POY next year will be Brandon Rush. Like I said, if PJ's smart (which is debatable given his past) he'll go pro this year on the whole POY wave that he's riding.

And you called mookie dumb?
I guess cuz he's not an agriculturalizer.

And you call me dumb? I guess because you and mookie are on here smoking each others' burnt orange poles all day long.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 06:40 PM
B12POY next year will be Brandon Rush. Like I said, if PJ's smart (which is debatable given his past) he'll go pro this year on the whole POY wave that he's riding.

Care to bet on that? We can make an official bet thread on it.

I realize Lamarcus had trouble against bigger stronger people than him, I bitched about it all season long. Thats why I even see him dropping to like 10th pick. And also why I think he needs another year in school. He's not nearly as savvy as he can be with his quick body.

And the only thing I'm smokin is sticky green.
Curious ain't ya? C-curious, yellow.

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 07:54 PM
ahf thats exactly what i'm saying
jones should declare for the draft

or

the only reason lamarcus should stay is to prove he can outplay joe jones

cecil collins
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM
All I've said is that LA had problems with Joseph Jones this year, which is a fact. Actually, he had problems any time he was matched up against someone bigger and stronger than him.

Last year, with his injury, he wouldn't have been able to work out his lower body as hard. I expect that he will get stronger, and get bullied by big men in the NBA, but if he comes back, he won't get bullied next year.

MissAllThat
04-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I think LA will have a good NBA career overall, but the difference is if he came back next year, he'd probably dominate, then go out on top and be a good canditate for the ROY, but if he goes pro now, he probably won't and it'll be a lot tougher on him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2006, 12:35 AM
the only reason lamarcus should stay is to prove he can outplay joe jones

That's rather ignorant and shortsighted, wouldn't you say?

As for LaMarcus, I never see him getting 'big'. He just has a wirey frame. I can see him ending up like Bosh one day, but that's about it in the way of 'bulking up'

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I wonder what timvp has to say about Joseph Jones. Or Kevin Bookout, for that matter.

mookie2001
04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I bet during the Chamlers Incident of 2004 timvps chode ceased to exist metaphysically and smegmatically