PDA

View Full Version : Best celebration of a score in Sports

Solid D
04-04-2006, 04:50 PM
What is the coolest arena, stadium, etc. celebration of a significant score, goal, hat tricks, touchdown, home run, etc.

Here are three that are pretty cool in my book:

1) I happen to like the Boat Horn sounded after a home goal at the Dallas Stars games. They also do this at St. Louis and many other hockey venues (including San Antonio).

2) I also like the Texas Rangers playing of "The Natural" music and the fire works after a home run by a Ranger at Ameriquest in Arlington. (I like it a little better than the train at Minute-Maid, but I think that's because of that particular music that strikes an emotional cord with me).

3) One other one I like is the AT&T Center playing that recording, after a 3-pointer by a Spurs player, of Andres Cantor saying GOAAAAAALLLLLL.

Slomo
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
What is the coolest arena, stadium, etc. celebration of a significant score, goal, hat tricks, touchdown, home run, etc.

Here are three that are pretty cool in my book:

1) I happen to like the Boat Horn sounded after a home goal at the Dallas Stars games. They also do this at St. Louis and many other hockey venues (including San Antonio).

2) I also like the Texas Rangers playing of "The Natural" music and the fire works after a home run by a Ranger at Ameriquest in Arlington. (I like it a little better than the train at Minute-Maid, but I think that's because of that particular music that strikes an emotional cord with me).

3) One other one I like is the AT&T Center playing that recording, after a 3-pointer by a Spurs player, of Andres Cantor saying GOAAAAAALLLLLL.
I thought that happened at all ice hockey games? I'm pretty sure it's standard all over Europe.

Solid D
04-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I thought that happened at all ice hockey games? I'm pretty sure it's standard all over Europe.

It has become a standard but it hasn't always been that way. I'll have to research it but I think the St. Louis Blues were one of the first NHL teams to use one.

I didn't know European arenas did this also.

Solid D
04-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, the Stars got one point for the OT loss. Dumb penalty. I don't think they are going to gain home ice advantage on the Red Wings. I think they are tired and a bit dinged-up.

The Texas Longhorns have their cannon they fire on touchdowns that is pretty cool. I wondered if they were going to run out of ammo last season. :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-04-2006, 06:40 PM
when that chick showed her sportsbra after the women's world cup

T-Pain
04-04-2006, 08:25 PM
i like how all NBA arenas play hip hop instrumentals during games.