PDA

View Full Version : Antonio McDyess is a beast

FreshPrince22
04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
33 minutes, 26 points (11-of-17 FG), 14 rebounds, 2 assists off the bench with Sheed out.

ReppinTheD
04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
He wants that ring more than anyone right now

DDS4
04-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Wonder what kind of player he could have been without all the leg injuries....

E20
04-05-2006, 12:34 AM
McDyess made me cringe for some reason during Finals last year everytime he got the ball. His jumper seemed unstoppable.

FreshPrince22
04-05-2006, 12:42 AM
McDyess made me cringe for some reason during Finals last year everytime he got the ball. His jumper seemed unstoppable.

Even more scary right now is that he'll hit that jumper, but he has this explosive first step that he never had before in Detroit, so he's getting to the rim with ease. That Jumper/Drive combo is dangerous. Reminds be a bit of Chris Bosh. Not to mention his jumpers seems even more automatic than last year (if that's possible).

DarkReign
04-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Dice would be starting somewhere else if it werent for those knees. Double edged sword....

Darrin
04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Anyone who watched McDyess last season knew that he was holding himself back.He'd make a move and suprise himself with how quick his step was. He had to learn he could trust that knee, and when he figured that out, he was going to be a great player again. He's had a few incidents, like Ben Wallace's last game from the brawl suspension when he went from 19 and 10 as a starter. The guy has a lot of game left, and it's a testament to his physical gifts and iron will that he has come back after a multiple ACL and MCL tears, and then shattering his knee cap in New York. If anyone has seen the video from the 2003 pre-season...it's sick in the bad sense. You can actually see the cap slide out of place as he plants his leg to go up for a dunk. I almost vomited the first time I saw it.

Just a tough SOB. To paraphase the newest Piston HOFer, he's got Pistons DNA pumping through his veins.

Darrin
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
dice in denver was krazy with a 44 inch vert

He was so graceful and powerful in his day. Like Amare with less length and more back-to-the-basket skills. He'd do the Tayshaun two-dribbles-with-back-to-the-basket-and-explode-to-the-hole move. He was special, and I was heartbroken when had a serious injury in training camp 2001. I remember shaking my head at people who thought he couldn't survive in the league if he couldn't out-jump everyone in the gym.