PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens goes after the asians

TxJudsonRocketTx
04-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Roger Clemens was discussing his future Tuesday at the Astros season opener when he responded to a question about his health after the World Baseball Classic with a comment that some might consider racially insensitive.
Clemens, who broke down late last season with injuries, said he felt fine after the WBC and left the tournament impressed by the quality of the international teams.

But he made a questionable comment when speaking about the devotion of the Japanese and South Korean fans.

"None of the dry cleaners were open, they were all at the game, Japan and Korea," Clemens said. "So we couldn't get any dry cleaning done out there, but I guess the neatest thing is that 50,000 of them were at Anaheim Stadium."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2397288

I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it, but when youre such a big time star ya gotta watch what ya say.

JMarkJohns
04-04-2006, 11:53 PM
ESPN is also a news-making whore and in my opinion, are blowing this out of proportion.

It was stupid. It doesn't prove he's a racist, or really anything since they don't give any context and it's only in print (so we don't know how it was said).

Stupid? Yes...
Is ESPN making a mountain out of a molehill? Yes...

Next issue...

Spurminator
04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Is ESPN making a mountain out of a molehill? Yes...

Shocking.

word
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
It's about time someone did.

slayermin
04-05-2006, 07:04 PM
He was telling a true story that happened to him.

I don't think there was anything wrong or malicious in the story. Chances are, if you go to a dry cleaner in the OC, it's going to be owned by an asian person.

T Park
04-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Another time where you can say, if it was the other way around.......