PDA

View Full Version : The Rasheed Wallace Rule

GOBLUEADAM
04-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Hello to all you great Spur fans! We all know the Spurs and Pistons are going to be in the finals, so that's why we seem to get along! We need you, just as much as you need us. But there is something I think you guys need to know about, before it get's out of hand! There's a Referee Vendetta going out there! We thought it was just the refs hating Larry Brown, and our whining to the refs, but it's gone far beyond that!

With Brown gone, the officiating we've gotten has been the usual bad/ok, but with a consorted effort to get one player, RASHEED WALLACE! The league went out of their way to issuse and keep quiet, the 16 Technicals or Rasheed Rule. Rasheed did do some bad things in the past to these guys, but they have been on his butt all year long. Refs have given him T's for laughing, and looking at a ref. And when the Pistons went into Chicago and beat the Bulls, Scott Skiles said the Pistons get all the calls and whine too much! Since then, it's been bad foul, let's make it up as we go, screw the rule book, Technical City for us! When Rasheed got his 16th, it was really about his 20th, because the league had to take away some because the refs went out of their way to give it! And when he got it, they T'd up Chauncey and Ben, because they asked why? Bennett Salvatore, Jack Neese, and others, have all set up an atmosphere of GET HIM AT ALL COST! It's never the whole crew, it's just the one crusty old vetern who didn't get a good sleep in his motel! But these refs email eachother! So watch out in your remaining games for the mystery T! I'll be the first to admit that Sheed questions and talks back to the refs at times! We had ref Steve Javie threaten to T up PA God John Mason, after those three T's to Rasheed, Ben, and Chauncey! But they gave Rasheed a tech for LAUGHING!
SEE YOU IN THE FINALS!
http://photo.live.advance.net/olive/images/3276/wallace.jpg

slayermin
04-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Obviously you didn't watch Spurs @ Utah tonight. Rasheed would have been thrown out the first two minutes.

orhe
04-05-2006, 02:20 AM
yeah tsk
too bad they didn't rescind some of his techs :( really unfair

kris
04-05-2006, 02:20 AM
I don't see why Rasheed just doesn't stop the clapping and extra stuff that he knows the refs don't like. It may be unfair to a point, but he does try to annoy the refs when he doesn't like a call. If I were him I wouldn't try to get under their skin and just let most of the calls go. Also, he will complain when it's obviously a foul which really takes away from his credibility.

polandprzem
04-05-2006, 02:22 AM
Refs sucks and they are helping Pistons giving Sheed more rest before the playoffs

:jack

mikejones99
04-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Davis n Cato will get some mintues they need. Those 2 will be needed if you are to get past the 2nd round.

GOBLUEADAM
04-05-2006, 02:28 AM
You guys are right on! But Rasheed's main problem is that he actually tries to use logic on these idiots! It's like Mr. Spock said, they are highly illogical but predictable! When you question a ref being out of position, not making a call when you're standing inches away, and some guy forty feet away makes it, and telling a ref he's full of something, for T ing him up for LAUGHING, logic and commont sense does not apply here!
Remember the moto of the common sports fans, I'M BLIND, I'M DEAF, I WANNA BE A REF!

Winnipeg_Spur
04-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Refs have given him T's for laughing, and looking at a ref.
I know about the laughing T but did he actually get a tech this year for looking for a ref? I know he got one in his portland days, in fact, iirc it was in a playoff game against the Lakers and it was his 2nd of the game, so it he actually got ejected for it. :lol

GOBLUEADAM
04-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Winnepeg Spur, in New York a couple of weeks ago, I swear this happened! Sheed was guarding a Knick in the post. The guy elbows him in the face, and Sheed pushes him back with his forearm hard, and gets a foul! He waves his hand and says,"Come on man"! INSTANT T from Bennett Salvatore! They take him out and he's sitting on the bench saying a few words to his teamates. An announcement goes up that he's received a tech, and looks on, and out comes another T and he's gone! Then all heck breaks loose out of his mouth, and he let's those zebras have it! He said, Bennett aint CRAP! After Salvatore T's him, another ref ejects Rip for tossing the ball in the stands(brain cramp and stupid thing to do), Chauncey gets a T for letting a Knick pull him to the ground. A Knick get get's T for rebounding a ball! And Antonio McDyess gets a gift two free throws, on the final play, on a phantom foul! The three blind mice got rattled, and took it out on the players! It was quite embarrassing to lose to the Knicks, even with two of our starters gone!

But guys and gals, these refs have made us all lose it at time! And they've turned me into a cuser!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-05-2006, 03:26 AM
WGAF

I hope he gets 4 more Ts so he can sit out another 2 games to get some rest...

GOBLUEADAM
04-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Come on Disgruntled Lions fan! You want disgruntled, try being a Tiger Stadium Bleacher Creature, without a home! I went to a game last year at the Coma, that's Comerica Park for our Spurs friends! Some guy tried to get the crowd going, and they told him to sit and shut up, because they were trying to watch a baseball game! And Spurs fans, we up here in Detroit carrying two painful crosses! Both the Motorcity Kitties, the Tigers and Lions, drop us to our kness and make us say nasty things toward the field or tv every year! We love our Pistons and Red Wings, but our Lion and Tiger Fans are like zombies, they just keep showing up to take it up you know where! Try the B.C. LIONS my good man!

Dre_7
04-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Obviously you didn't watch Spurs @ Utah tonight. Rasheed would have been thrown out the first two minutes.

:lol Yeah, it sounded like the refs were giving out Techs and Flagrants every 3 minutes.

samikeyp
04-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I'M BLIND, I'M DEAF, I WANNA BE A REF!
:lol

Supergirl
04-05-2006, 07:20 AM
SHeed has known for years that the refs are going to clamp down extra hard on him, ever since that incident where he followed a ref to his car to keep arguing. That's just the way it goes. He adjusted and played his game, kept out of trouble for most of last season, and most of this one. It's only now, since the Pistons have been struggling a little, that he's acting up again.

He needs to get his head screwed back on right, or he'll cost the Pistons a chance of even getting to the Finals this year.

pache100
04-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I feel your pain, GOBLUEADAM. The Spurs have a couple of players who get fouls called on them within 5 seconds after they walk onto the floor by certain referees, whether those players commit a foul or not. It's like, "Ok, get the first one over with quick!"

I like Rasheed, and I think he gets a bad rap a lot of the time. But, you have to admit Rasheed brings a lot of his problems on himself. If he didn't taunt the referees and opposing players like he does, he wouldn't get so many technicals. Note to Rasheed: Commit your foul if you gotta (or even the "accidental" ones), and move on. Let it go. Stop the maniacal laughing and the clapping. We all know you're a bad dude, you don't have to prove it every second of every day.

DarkReign
04-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Here is a thought...

Stop fucking talking, Rasheed!

Your welcome.

pache100
04-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Here is a thought...

Stop fucking talking, Rasheed!

Your welcome.

:lol :tu

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Come on Disgruntled Lions fan! You want disgruntled, try being a Tiger Stadium Bleacher Creature, without a home! I went to a game last year at the Coma, that's Comerica Park for our Spurs friends! Some guy tried to get the crowd going, and they told him to sit and shut up, because they were trying to watch a baseball game! And Spurs fans, we up here in Detroit carrying two painful crosses! Both the Motorcity Kitties, the Tigers and Lions, drop us to our kness and make us say nasty things toward the field or tv every year! We love our Pistons and Red Wings, but our Lion and Tiger Fans are like zombies, they just keep showing up to take it up you know where! Try the B.C. LIONS my good man!

Even though Coma sounds fitting for the Tigers, I have only heard it referred to as CoPa...

Well, at one time, both the Pistons and Red Wings were just as bad as the Lions and Tigers are now. The Lions are just better at being horrendous and have shown more consistency in doing so...

There aren't too many places where a team can have the worst 5 year record in league history and still sell out all of their home games...

Blind allegiance? Maybe...

Apathetic? Yessir...

Sec24Row7
04-05-2006, 10:17 AM
The Horry Tech last night was pretty rediculous considering he was pretty calm about it...

The Official he was talking to wasn't even the one that gave him the tech for talking to him... hehe..

But... It was a payback T for the other 2 on the other side of the floor.

tlongII
04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Sheed actually plays better after he gets T'd up.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-05-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't see why Rasheed just doesn't stop the clapping and extra stuff that he knows the refs don't like. It may be unfair to a point, but he does try to annoy the refs when he doesn't like a call. If I were him I wouldn't try to get under their skin and just let most of the calls go. Also, he will complain when it's obviously a foul which really takes away from his credibility.
thats sheed's personality he shouldn't be any diffrent then anyother player who shows emotion after a horrible call and his teamate getting banged and thrown to the ground. shaq has got into refs face and never got a tech disagreeing with a horrible call is not grounds for a tech and to give a dude a suspension for bad ref calls.
and if the refs give techs out just because sheed embarrasses them then maybe they shouldn't blow calls!
i cant belive sheed got a tech and suspended for standing up for his teamate who was laying on the floor for being slamed and banged in the head i'm proud of sheed for saying something and standing up for ben who was clearly in no position to stand up for himself! that was redicioulous!. and whats a bigger disgrace is this a$$hole who banged ben still got no penalty from the league for it!

samikeyp
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
thats sheed's personality he shouldn't be any diffrent then anyother player who shows emotion after a horrible call and his teamate getting banged and thrown to the ground.

As someone who has been a fan of his since his UNC days, I agree with you. Sadly though, he is treated differently. Because of his rep, a rep he brought on himself, the refs seem quicker to give him a T. Its not fair, but it seems to be true.

x0xbillupsx0x
04-05-2006, 10:48 AM
As someone who has been a fan of his since his UNC days, I agree with you. Sadly though, he is treated differently. Because of his rep, a rep he brought on himself, the refs seem quicker to give him a T. Its not fair, but it seems to be true.
i agree with you!i dont blamethe refs for teeing himup but the nba has a responsibilty to the player's that they get treated equally,and to agree with the refs and suspend sheed for that tech he didn't yell at the refs he just said thats what you always say and got a tech for that.it's ludacris cause clearly his teamate was in no position to stand up for himself after getting banged in the back of the head and thrown to the floor.

pache100
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Sheed actually plays better after he gets T'd up.

Most people do. Timmy played like a demon after he got that T the other night.

PerforatedNeckline
04-05-2006, 12:43 PM
PA God John Mason

that's the only problem i really have with GOBLUEADAM'S post. i don't think i could have a lower opinion of Mason and his PA nonsense. i'd be humiliated if he, or anyone like him, was let anywhere near a PA system for spurs home games.

pache100
04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
that's the only problem i really have with GOBLUEADAM'S post. i don't think i could have a lower opinion of Mason and his PA nonsense. i'd be humiliated if he, or anyone like him, was let anywhere near a PA system for spurs home games.

:lol :tu

myhc
04-05-2006, 01:35 PM

I can just imagine Chauncey muttering under his breath "shut the fuck up........GOD damn" after the 250th B-B-B-B-B-B-BILLUPS!!!! :lol

DarkReign
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Fans love it.

Better than some 70 year old has-been crowing about the "days of yore".

Pull the plug on that guy.

Tanya
04-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I think there's really no big need to set the new rule for T's this year. Everybody knows this rule is for Sheed. But the refs must know they don't make the right call all the time. If that's not right, players need to complain. Then the refs will pay more attention for the next possesion.

himat
04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Refs now are horrible. i saw a recap of a toronto and nj game. vc goes up and playfully slaps peterson in the face, peterson lightly shoves him off and he's ejected. who knows what i'm talking about?

admack35
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I have been watching the NBA since the late 70's and the officiating is at the worst level I have ever seen. it seems to me that the zebras come into each game with a personal agenda.

Stu Scott & the Commish need to get retired refs to use as a judgement commitee against any official deemed out of hand.

If they start fining the refs for horrible calls then some of them will dry up.

As for that Mason jibe, i think he is the best PA announcer the game has ever seen. he rocks the Palace of Auburn Hills every game.

exstatic
04-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Rasheed's only enemy is Rasheed.

wildbill2u
04-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I want to be fair about this. When it comes to technical fouls and Rasheed, I have to balance my innate desire to kick a ref in the ass someday with what's best for the Spurs. So here goes.

Ts against Sheed are great. I hope he gets a lot more, preferably from hitting a ref. The more he gets, the more he gets in trouble with the refs. Hopefully by playoff time he will be unable to stay on the floor for more than a few minutes per game. I hope he's ejected from every playoff game.

There! That's pretty balanced and fair.

anthologyct
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I know about the laughing T but did he actually get a tech this year for looking for a ref? I know he got one in his portland days, in fact, iirc it was in a playoff game against the Lakers and it was his 2nd of the game, so it he actually got ejected for it. :lol

Yes, I was at Madison Square Garden for that game, and he gave 'Sheed a "T" for just lookin' at him while 'Sheed was sittin' on the bench.

anthologyct
04-05-2006, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Supergirl] It's only now, since the Pistons have been struggling a little, that he's acting up again.QUOTE]

Actually, 'Sheed had more techs at this point last year. It's just that they installed this 16 Tech rule just for him.