PDA

View Full Version : We've got a Problem Come Playoff Time

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Unless Tony Parker nuts up against Bibby.

Bibby totally shredded our D after he got by Tony time and again.

Man In Black
04-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Considering the Spurs have killed the Kings in more head-to-heads than the Lakers have recently, then i'm willing to bet that TP will do better next time they meet.

GrandeDavid
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Sucks to take such an ass kicking at home right before the playoffs...against a probable first round opponent. BUT, I'm willing to chalk it up to lethargy and/or fatigue coming off that late road game against Utah. Still, that was a pretty pathetic showing.

SequSpur
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Regular season forum.

milkyway21
04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
points to consider:

1.Tony Parker made a push to bring the Spurs back at the beginning of the fourth quarter. He single-handedly outscored the Kings 8-2 to start the period.

Parker was having a rough time when he tried to penetrade the Kings' defense. He appeared to limp on his right leg (the leg already hurt by a shin contusion) after he was fouled early in the fourth quarter. He then went to the bench because he was bleeding with 6:29 left in the game.

2.Tim Duncan, had been suffering from flu-like symptoms

3. it was a back-to-back game.(the Spurs are 10-5 this season).

I'm not scared of Sacramento. We can beat this team if we meet in the 1st round. NO WORRIES

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:57 PM

Actually we're 5-10, and in case ya didn't notice Sacramento also played last night. What's their excuse supposed to be?

SequSpur
04-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Regular fuckin season.

Mijo
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Why? There aren't any back to back games in the playoffs are there?

MannyIsGod
04-05-2006, 10:04 PM
There can be back to backs in the playoffs.

Whatever, I'm not worried. I liked what Tim did when he got pissed. Not really that big of a deal though.

Trifecta
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Actually we're 5-10, and in case ya didn't notice Sacramento also played last night. What's their excuse supposed to be?

The Kings are battling just to MAKE the playoffs! These remaining regular season games ARE their playoff games!

The Spurs are just coasting to the regular season finish line!

DDS4
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Regular fuckin season.

Rack it.

milkyway21
04-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Actually we're 5-10, and in case ya didn't notice Sacramento also played last night. What's their excuse supposed to be?sorry, it's supposed to be 5-10.

I'm making excuses for Parker:D, he's been playing great the whole season. It's just that Tim didn't get help from the "other" guys- Rasho or Nazr or even Manu.

and Sac with 20 fastbreaks points? how can we allow them that? But I'm sure Pops can come up with better setplay in the playoffsi if ever.

boutons_
04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
yep, shut down the paint, Spurs go cold on 3Gs, Spurs lose.
Just like the 0-4 collapse vs Lakers 04

Warlord23
04-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Sequ calming down knee-jerk posters?? (twilight zone, wtf?).

The Spurs have been flat and beatable on back-to-backs. The friggin Lakers beat us in our house on the 2nd of a back-to-back.

Dallas, Washington, Atlanta, NO/OKC, Phoenix, Cleveland, Clippers, Lakers, Denver, and now Sacramento. Do you think all those teams can take us in a 7-game series cuz they beat us on the tail-end of a B2B? Nah, the Spurs aren't going to exert themselves on B2Bs this season anymore. That doesn't mean they won't show up for the playoffs, where we almost surely won't play on consecutive days. Better pencil in the Utah game on the 17th as a potential loss and leave it that.

We aren't getting HCA over Detroit. Dallas likely doesn't get it over us. All the hyperbole over how this will give Sac a physocological advantage in the 1st round just doesn't cut it. The Spurs have been there, done that. Losing game 1 to a more dangerous Denver team and then finishing them off in 4 straight was a tougher proposition, but they did it. Kings will get swept.

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
savin ourselves for april 7

Dre_7
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Curious that no one point the Ginobili false effect, really this guy is such crap for 65 games!

Play off with ginobili starting would be like going to exit!

Spurs need to sell Rasho, Beno and Ginobili! they are downing spurs play!

Ducks?? :lol

cage77
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Curious that no one point the Ginobili false effect, really this guy is such crap for 65 games!

Someone needs to quit talking shit about Ginobili! Time and Time again MG hustles to the ball and disturbes the peace for the other team.

Yes he was injured and his numbers have suffered for it this season. Last season he was injured as well and MG had better numbers in the playoffs than in regular season while playing through his injury last season to win the finals. MG is the spark the Spurs need to get their A-GAME going and to win back2back finals.

When MG has an off night he doesn't give up. He plays in over drive the whole game disrupting the other teams offense. Tonight was just an off night for the Spurs. I would be prepared to see the Spurs shove the rock down the Mavs. throats on Friday. I also bet you Ginobili will be the better part of the win over the Mavericks.

http://saspurs.williampender.com/forum_pics/ginobili.jpg (http://www.saspursfans.com)

Dre_7
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
well, i would like to be as confident as many here, but really even in thier wins, Spurs don't run the ball as last year!

this year it's not 2 ou 3 players that are not consistent, it's 5 , and future is not rosy, seeing the stats i think Tim can come back, but Ginobili is dead meat for me, he can't junp, can't taking 3 points, and all along the regular season!

Cant hit threes? Dude, his 3pt fg% has gone up EVERY YEAR! This year is no different.

ducks
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
the problem is the spurs have no energy on a back to back game

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Play off with ginobili starting would be like going to exit!

Spurs need to sell Rasho, Beno and Ginobili! they are downing spurs play!

You should be banned just for being a straight up idiot.

ducks
04-05-2006, 10:38 PM
spurs were looking forward to dallas

FromWayDowntown
04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I thought tonight was as much about a poor effort as it was about matchups. I thought the Spurs played a mentally and physically soft game and the Kings did a great job of exploiting that. Defensively, the Spurs did a horrible job of stepping up to cut off penetration, they certainly didn't step in to re-route cutters, they were slow switching things that needed to be switched and they were passive on the glass, and their rotations were garbage. Offensively, they settled for the first quasi-good look and ended up jacking up 3's more frequently than they attacked the rim. And, to cap things off, they ended up looking for bail-outs and complaining about calls all night long, rather than just adapting and playing through the officiating. None of those things had anything to do with tired legs from a game in Utah last night; I thought the Spurs lost tonight's game between their ears.

cage77
04-05-2006, 10:40 PM

DAMN STRAIGHT he should be!!!

http://www.amosink.com/Caricature/Ginobili%20Jump.jpg

I just thought this was a kewl picture! Big thumbs up to whoever drew it!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
There can be back to backs in the playoffs.

Whatever, I'm not worried. I liked what Tim did when he got pissed. Not really that big of a deal though.

i didnt catch the game cuz it wasn't on TV up here for me in canada, could someone enlighten me on what duncan did to get a tech?

leemajors
Someone needs to quit talking shit about Ginobili! Time and Time again MG hustles to the ball and disturbes the peace for the other team.

Yes he was injured and his numbers have suffered for it this season. Last season he was injured as well and MG had better numbers in the playoffs than in regular season while playing through his injury last season to win the finals. MG is the spark the Spurs need to get their A-GAME going and to win back2back finals.

When MG has an off night he doesn't give up. He plays in over drive the whole game disrupting the other teams offense. Tonight was just an off night for the Spurs. I would be prepared to see the Spurs shove the rock down the Mavs. throats on Friday. I also bet you Ginobili will be the better part of the win over the Mavericks.

http://saspurs.williampender.com/forum_pics/ginobili.jpg (http://www.saspursfans.com)

that's all well and good, but he played like shit tonight. i love ginobili, but he turned the ball over way too much and missed easy layups.

gameFACE
The worst right now is not having HCA in the finals presumably against Detroit. The Spurs seem to like to lose the first game of a series the last two championships. Like it's a requirement to get a ring. Maybe the mojo can be reversed and Game 1 can be taken by the Spurs in Detroit.

ShoogarBear
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I didn't get to see the game (fricking West Coast time zone), but looking at the box score, I find it hard to believe that this was all TP's fault. :lol

(hint: Bonzi seemed to have a pretty good game, too, compared to his matchup.)

smeagol
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
We are one game from winning the same amount of games we won last year with 8 games to go.

In case people forgot, we won the championship last year.

I'm not worried.

leemajors
04-05-2006, 10:44 PM
no one on the spurs had a good game. nazr played ok, and that was about it. they got beat in every apect of the game except whining about calls. that said, they should come out ready to play friday pissed. they usually show up when they have to (except those 2 against detroit).

smeagol
04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
^^ What he said.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
The whole team turned the Ball over. Manu was just fitting in with the rest of them.

what's with this jumpinblock clown?

smeagol
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
that's all well and good, but he played like shit tonight. i love ginobili, but he turned the ball over way too much and missed easy layups.
That's the point. if he plays like shit, the Spurs lose. That's how important he is to the team (this is just a comment for that idiot jumpinblock)

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
you are right, but the weather was better, and Spurs was improving at the end of season, these days it's up and down, and somes players a far from impressing me!
Hey fuck-o, it was Manu who impressed everybody in the playoffs, when it fucking counts.

SequSpur
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
you all are gay. Manu is Grant Hill Jr.

WTFU.

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:02 PM
you all are gay. Manu is Grant Hill Jr.

WTFU.
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Idiot is the guy that will cry after spurs losing because ginobili will play as along the year in play off, and it will not be me!

I also bet you Ginobili will be the better part of the win over the Mavericks.

i would like to have your hopefull spirit, but i don't buy it, i really think Ginobili is exausted, and all the glorious past will stay behind! Spurs need to change him!

Using your logic of being exhausted we should trade Tim Duncan for a bag of chips.

See how stupid you sound? Now STFU.

Leetonidas
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
i didnt catch the game cuz it wasn't on TV up here for me in canada, could someone enlighten me on what duncan did to get a tech?

I didn't see it either, but I assume that he was arguing. He did get pissed though and I did like his aggressiveness to the hole. He was attacking tonight, even though he wasn't succeeding, I liked the effort.

bonesinaz
04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Sucks to take such an ass kicking at home right before the playoffs...against a probable first round opponent. BUT, I'm willing to chalk it up to lethargy and/or fatigue coming off that late road game against Utah. Still, that was a pretty pathetic showing.

I agree. Salt Lake City is also at about 4300 ft elevation, so fatigue the next day was a factor IMO.

gameFACE
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey you high and mighty aholes the Spurs lost because they were "tired". 2 games in 17 hours.

Melmart1
04-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey you high and mighty aholes the Spurs lost because they were "tired". 2 games in 17 hours.

Good try, Hector. But the real TPark would not have abbreviated asshole (though he may have spelled it wrong), and he would have said 'fucking' assholes.

cs100
04-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I didn't see it either, but I assume that he was arguing. He did get pissed though and I did like his aggressiveness to the hole. He was attacking tonight, even though he wasn't succeeding, I liked the effort.

Tim was getting hacked and fouled all night and rarely got a call. Pop laid in to the refs and got a T, then Tim added his two cents and also got a T. What do we expect when Jack Nies is the lead ref in the game? He has never forgiven Tim for knocking him down 2 years ago and keeps holding a grudge.

The Spurs had an off night. Tony was good offensively, shooting 46%. Give SAC credit -- they are a very good passing team and shots were going down even with a hand in their face.

They won't be so fortunate come playoff time. The Spurs will study film and tendencies. We have a future HOF coach and other great coaches that will come up with game plans and strategies for the playoffs. It is very different playing a regular season game and playing a SERIES of games with the same opponent.

I have no worries about the playoffs if we face SAC. I also think that if we were that awful this year, we wouldn't be as close as we are to breaking our franchise record with wins.

Since it doesn't look like we will get HCA over Detroit, and we are 2 games ahead of Dallas (3 when you count the tiebreaker) and we WILL beat them on Friday, I think we will see less playing time for the starters. IMO.

ponky
04-05-2006, 11:37 PM
points to consider:

1.Tony Parker made a push to bring the Spurs back at the beginning of the fourth quarter. He single-handedly outscored the Kings 8-2 to start the period.

Parker was having a rough time when he tried to penetrade the Kings' defense. He appeared to limp on his right leg (the leg already hurt by a shin contusion) after he was fouled early in the fourth quarter. He then went to the bench because he was bleeding with 6:29 left in the game.

2.Tim Duncan, had been suffering from flu-like symptoms

I'm not scared of Sacramento. We can beat this team if we meet in the 1st round. NO WORRIES

Typical Spurs fans, making excuses. There was nothign wrong with Timmy, GOI and either play him or sit him, don't make excuses! Also, the Clippers were on a tough back to back as well and they lost the first game so there's no advantage for them with the scheduling. I bet you'll make more excuses when you get beat by the Kings during the first round if they are the 8th seed.

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Typical Spurs fans, making excuses. There was nothign wrong with Timmy, GOI and either play him or sit him, don't make excuses! Also, the Clippers were on a tough back to back as well and they lost the first game so there's no advantage for them with the scheduling. I bet you'll make more excuses when you get beat by the Kings during the first round if they are the 8th seed.
The idiots came out to play :rolleyes

ponky
04-05-2006, 11:43 PM
The idiots came out to play :rolleyes

You're right, so tell your boys to stop making excuses with Timmy's flu and the big bad refs calling three fouls on poor Timmy who with big eyes and hands spread open cannot possibly be called for enough fouls to put him in foul trouble. Anyway, the focus is not on Timmy, the focus should be on why little Toni Toni sucked so bad tonight.

ColoradoSpursFan
04-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't accept the B2B excuse either.

I think that a logical person would agree that if you wanted to win you would do what it takes to make it happen.

If I were gifted enough to be in the NBA and on a championship team - I would be rather embarrassed to be one of the lowest percentage Free Throw teams and getting spanked on s0 many back to backs. Sacramento looked like they had a few days rest and they played the night before as well. A few hours difference is not a big deal.

I know - we lost an hour - Utah is 4300 feet. I live at 5800 feet and don't buy the whole altitude thing. They are athletes - not armchair quarterbacks like us.

If I made millions of dollars a year - I would not drag my ass around the court in a sleep walk. It is amazing that most of us bust our asses for a measly living.

I would love to go to work tomorrow and tell my boss that I did not do so good at work because it was a back to back work day!

cs100
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
You're right, so tell your boys to stop making excuses with Timmy's flu and the big bad refs calling three fouls on poor Timmy who with big eyes and hands spread open cannot possibly be called for enough fouls to put him in foul trouble. Anyway, the focus is not on Timmy, the focus should be on why little Toni Toni sucked so bad tonight.

:loser

Either you are up passed your bedtime youngster, or you have a very low self image. Posting your first few posts to make fun of the defending champions while your team has NEVER made it to the finals shows your insecurity and lack of intelligence.

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
When I said "idiots" I was referring to you.

Nothing more idiotic than a Mavs fan talking smack.

Hey loser, before making fun of the three-time champs, make sure your team is not fishing early May as it has so many times in the past.

ponky
04-05-2006, 11:52 PM
:loser

Either you are up passed your bedtime youngster, or you have a very low self image. Posting your first few posts to make fun of the defending champions while your team has NEVER made it to the finals shows your insecurity and lack of intelligence.

Youngster? I guess a U.T. alum and law student could be a youngster if YOU are 70.

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
If I made millions of dollars a year - I would not drag my ass around the court in a sleep walk. It is amazing that most of us bust our asses for a measly living.

Go tell that to the NY Knicks (and while you are at it, start rooting for them)

ponky
04-05-2006, 11:55 PM
When I said "idiots" I was referring to you.

Nothing more idiotic than a Mavs fan talking smack.

Hey loser, before making fun of the three-time champs, make sure your team is not fishing early May as it has so many times in the past.

I'm not worried, we'll do well...as long as that loser Ginobili doesn't take out our main guy with his ridiculous flailing this time around...was that your secret weapon back in '03?

cs100
04-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Youngster? I guess a U.T. alum and law student could be a youngster if YOU are 70.

I figured you were a youngster because your posts sound like something a child would say. If you are able to make it through law school and pass the bar, I certainly hope you don't show this side of yourself because you will not be in business for long.

How did you come up with 70 years? I can already see that you must have flunked out of Logic classes as your estimation of my age makes no sense.

Go back to the Mavs forum, um unless they kicked you out too for being an asshole.

ponky
04-06-2006, 12:01 AM
I figured you were a youngster because they sound like something a child would say. If you are able to make it through law school and pass the bar, I certainly hope you don't show this side of yourself because you will not be in business for long.

How did you come up with 70 years? I can already see that you must have flunked out of Logic classes as your estimation of my age makes no sense.

Go back to the Mavs forum, um unless they kicked you out too for being an asshole.

Wow, so I'm the immature one but you can use the word *asshole* and no big deal. I'm a fan of the game, if you're a real Spurs fan then stand up for your team and refrain from the personal attacks. Although, you do live in San Antonio, the frustration on your part is understandable.

cs100
04-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow, so I'm the immature one but you can use the word *asshole* and no big deal. I'm a fan of the game, if you're a real Spurs fan then stand up for your team and refrain from the personal attacks. Although, you do live in San Antonio, the frustration on your part is understandable.

All you have done is personally attack THIS forum's team and its posters and you are telling me to stop the personal attacks. If you actually READ this thread, you would see my remarks about the thread title. I don't have to defend anything to someone who's primary purpose is to rile people up with baseless taunting and sarcasm.

GROW UP. GET A LIFE AND GO AWAY.

I'm done with this little shit.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm not worried, we'll do well...as long as that loser Ginobili doesn't take out our main guy with his ridiculous flailing this time around...was that your secret weapon back in '03?Ginobili and Loser doesn't mix. Losers are the ones who make excuses about why they can't win. So keep singing your song or shut up and win. Hence Your Team. A contender. Still not a champion.

E20
04-06-2006, 12:36 AM
It's 1 game, a back to back as well. It isn't the end of the Spurs season. Our big 3 played like big shit. Spurs will recover against Dallas on Friday.

T Park
04-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I love the arrogance and BS of these people coming in here

"Yeah they came from Utah, they came into town at 5 in the morning, but thats no excuse"

Id love, LOVE, to see you people bust your ass running up and down a court for 40 minutes, jump on a plane, get home at 5 am, get ready to play at 7 PM at a high level.

You armchair asswhipes would be dragging so hard youd be crying for your mothers.

T Park
04-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Everyone also loves to bring up "well Sacramento had a back to back last night"

Well yeah, but they rested all their best guys in the last half of the second half, and it was a rested night, PLUS, they got into SA at prob about midnight getting more rest.

But, once again, facts and logic get in the way of peeps here.

milkyway21
04-06-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not worried, we'll do well...as long as that loser Ginobili doesn't take out our main guy with his ridiculous flailing this time around...was that your secret weapon back in '03?how can anyone call Manu as loser? An Olympic gold medalist, with an Olympic MVP to go along with it. And 2 repeat 2 NBA rings.

if I can name one player in the NBA who's a loser right now it's Dirk. Can't even win the European title over Greece. Grrr!!! :cuss

smeagol
04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
I love the arrogance and BS of these people coming in here

"Yeah they came from Utah, they came into town at 5 in the morning, but thats no excuse"

Id love, LOVE, to see you people bust your ass running up and down a court for 40 minutes, jump on a plane, get home at 5 am, get ready to play at 7 PM at a high level.

You armchair asswhipes would be dragging so hard youd be crying for your mothers.
:tu