PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna say it

SuperManu!!!
04-05-2006, 09:29 PM
This team have no balls. I'm sorry but we need to find another team leader.... i'm tired of watching a heartless team!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:30 PM
This team doesn't like it when the other team plays physical. This looked like a re-run of both Detroit games tonight.

:vomit:

Leetonidas
04-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Dude, you have no balls. STFU and wait. We weren't catching Detroit, get over it.

T-Pain
04-05-2006, 09:31 PM
This team have no balls. I'm sorry but we need to find another team leader.... i'm tired of watching a heartless team!

hey we just had a bad night. dont pussy out now

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Dude, you have no balls. STFU and wait. We weren't catching Detroit, get over it.

So what about home court in the West? What about sending a message to the team you will see in round 1 instead of letting them push you around on your own court?

slayermin
04-05-2006, 09:33 PM
This team doesn't like it when the other team plays physical. This looked like a re-run of both Detroit games tonight.

:vomit:

They are willing to play physical when they consider it a big game. I think they underestimated the Kings and weren't willing to pay the price to win because they think they have a cushion over Dallas.

It reminds me of the flip the switch mentality some others have brought up.

carina_gino20
So what about home court in the West? What about sending a message to the team you will see in round 1 instead of letting them push you around on your own court?

CIA pop

Leetonidas

Dallas is down 2 now right? It's really three, since we have the tie breaker. I really don't think the Spurs are going to lose the HCA even if we lost on Friday but if we beat Dallas then it's pretty much a lock.

slayermin
04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Dallas is down 2 now right? It's really three, since we have the tie breaker. I really don't think the Spurs are going to lose the HCA even if we lost on Friday but if we beat Dallas then it's pretty much a lock.

Yep. That is how they played tonights game. The Kings upped their intensity and the Spurs weren't willing to match it.

beirmeistr
04-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey, they are playing on national tv. They are the defending champs. Where the hell is their heart, their desire??? I can just hear the Pistons laughing at the lackluster play of the Spurs tonite.

Vingianx
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
want to see you like this friday night

boutons_
04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
yep, that national TV angle, too.
How many times this season have the Spurs played on national TV and lost?
got blown out?

Tek_XX
04-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Well one can only hope that tim and manu step it up or it's not gonna happen.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 09:52 PM
They are willing to play physical when they consider it a big game.

So neither of the Detroit games this year were big games? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

boutons_
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Spurs fans called the Queens, but tonight it was the Kings who played hard,
and Spurs played girly-ball.

Spurs were lucky to beat the Kings in the earlier 2 games. Spurs' luck ran out.

TDMVPDPOY
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
only reason u guyz are mad because u vbookie the spurs to win :(:( lucky for me i went against it since we dont a two shitz about the b2b anymore.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm pissed because right now I see no reason to believe this team is going to get its shit together for the playoffs.

Where the fuck is the aggressiveness?

And all this "well, it's the second night of a back to back so we're going to lose" shit that has even permeated to the minds of the players is fucking pathetic.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Kevin Willis, baby.

At least he would knock somebody on there ass.

Shawn Carter
04-05-2006, 10:40 PM

you think you got it bad...

FromWayDowntown
04-05-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm pissed because right now I see no reason to believe this team is going to get its shit together for the playoffs.

Where the fuck is the aggressiveness?

And all this "well, it's the second night of a back to back so we're going to lose" shit that has even permeated to the minds of the players is fucking pathetic.

It's a lingering softness. Every once in a while, they get an edge and play with a goodly amount of physical toughness. But Detroit pushed them around twice, the Lakers did it in their last trip to SA, the Kings did it tonight, and other teams have had some success by getting physical with the Spurs in the paint. I'm equally discouraged by how readily this team seems to back down.

I wondered tonight if Pop wouldn't pull out the annual "soft" card. I don't recall him playing that one yet.

Is it really possible for a team to end up with 63-65 wins and underachieve?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
That's what I'm getting at FWD.

I've only seen two guys play with aggression - Manu and Nazr.

Whenever anyone else on this team gets knocked on their ass they turn to the refs for help. Fuck that, that's the pansy ass shit that Detroit was doing while we were winning the title last year.

The book right now on the Spurs is to get physical and they will go into the fetal position.

If we even make it through the West Detroit is going to sweep us if this shit keeps up. Someone fucking nut up and lead this team, because Tim and Tony aren't doing it.

Before any of the resident TD and TP nutriders get on my case, I don't give a damn about how many points they are scoring or how many MVP trophies they have. Whenever either one of them gets challenged physically they turn to the refs for help like a bunch of Ray Allen fucking wannabes.

If someone hits you and the refs don't call a foul, don't cry to the stripes. Fucking hit back.

Mijo
04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Duncan hasn't been physical, at least in my opinion, since the playoff series when we beat the Laker in 03. Where is that Duncan? Has he faded?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I've only seen two guys play with aggression - Manu and Nazr.
Brent Barry always tried to pitch in as well.

It'd be nice if all five players on the court had Manu's energy and hustle. He really plays to win even in insiginficant games. Can you imagine five manus on the court?

Tim gets a pass because he doesn't show it, but he does try to change things, still he does start to climb in his shell in dire times. Tony disappears a bit when they get physical. I don't like how the Spurs are willing to give up when 7 minutes are still left to play. They do it a lot. They've done it against Lakers of old. They might do it against the Pistons.

If Tim and Tony didn't have a Manu and Horry to save their asses last year, they'd get a lot more heat on them for being considered too "soft". This team is comprised of a ratio of 1 part-heart, 2 parts-vagina.

Pablo Escobar
04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
this game dont mean nothing quit crying
sac town isnt going to do sh*t in the playoffs
so stop acting like just cause they lost the finals are out of sight
the fuc*ing spurs always do this sh*t just when it looks like we might get back Pops always takes someone out and then there goes the lead again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Jesus Christ...

This isn't about tonight *only*.

This is about tonight, the Lakers game, both Detroit games, Seattle, Denver, etc. Teams get physical and we crater.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2006, 11:35 PM
It's something they need to correct before playoff time. THey've backed down in a potential repeating years in the past whenever teams get extra physical. Their self-satisfaction coupled with the added aggression of a challenger equals a loss for the Spurs. They've yet to prove they can defend the title with that killer instinct.

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Jesus Christ...

This is about tonight, the Lakers game, both Detroit games, Seattle, Denver, etc. Teams get physical and we crater.
That means we have to go 82-0 for you not to bitch. :rolleyes

I'm starting to understand how Tpark feels

smeagol
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Then don't watch anymore :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-05-2006, 11:49 PM
That means we have to go 82-0 for you not to bitch.

Um, no, I'm talking about the games where teams get physical with us and we turn to the refs to bail us out and go into the fetal position.

We had other losses that didn't involve that at all.

Stupid and lonely?

Look, other people have made the same point I have made on this thread, why don't you take pot shots at them to?

Either you disagree with all of us criticizing this team for being soft, or you're a hypocrit.

ponky
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
HAHAHA!!! Look at all these Spurs fans sooooooo concerned with HCA!!! What's wrong, worried about playing on the road? Talk all you want because IF, and that's a BIG *IF* your Spurs happen to make it to the finals and see the pistons, no home cooking for you guys. And against the Pistons? Game over.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2006, 11:51 PM
That means we have to go 82-0 for you not to bitch. :rolleyes

Bitching doesn't help. But I don't see anything wrong with noticing mistakes in their game. Spurs always give up when they think the win isn't crucial. I don't like the blind optimism attitude in this team where B2b's are an excuse. Sometimes you wanna see your team really kill the opposition.

Still...I agree that some fans get annoying when they start panicking over one stupid loss as if it were a playoff loss.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 12:14 AM
HAHAHA!!! Look at all these Spurs fans sooooooo concerned with HCA!!! What's wrong, worried about playing on the road? Talk all you want because IF, and that's a BIG *IF* your Spurs happen to make it to the finals and see the pistons, no home cooking for you guys. And against the Pistons? Game over.

spurs are a good team at home, who wouldn't rather host a series? :blah

aaronstampler
04-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Sorry guys, but no matter what you all think, I refuse to be upset about today's game. Maybe if it happened in midseason, I'd be more upset, but right now, it was almost a given we lose this game.

1) B2B
2) Tim had flu
3) Tim has PF
4) Det has HCA locked up. They pretty much locked it up beating Phx. They know it. We know it.
5) We have West HCA locked up. No way _allas is passing us. They know it, we know it.
6) Pop playing mind games with Kings. Our intensity level will be about 8 notches higher when we face them in the playoffs. We'll seem like a completely different team to them. Anybody who wants to bet against us is throwing their money away.
7) Most importantly--- we won last year and 3 of 7. We don't have to win it every year. Have some perspective.

T Park
04-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Stupid and lonely?

You wish...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Sorry guys, but no matter what you all think, I refuse to be upset about today's game. Maybe if it happened in midseason, I'd be more upset, but right now, it was almost a given we lose this game.

1) B2B
2) Tim had flu
3) Tim has PF
4) Det has HCA locked up. They pretty much locked it up beating Phx. They know it. We know it.
5) We have West HCA locked up. No way _allas is passing us. They know it, we know it.
6) Pop playing mind games with Kings. Our intensity level will be about 8 notches higher when we face them in the playoffs. We'll seem like a completely different team to them. Anybody who wants to bet against us is throwing their money away.
7) Most importantly--- we won last year and 3 of 7. We don't have to win it every year. Have some perspective. See That is WHat I think is wrong with some Spurs fans. THey get behind their team TOO much that they taint their view on things. THere is NO REASON to be satisfied with being Just GOOD enough to win. If you're in a sport to compete you'd want to keep upping your level. That is what separates Contenders and true Champions. The Pete Sampras' from the Agassis, the Michael Jordans and Tiger Woods from the Malones, Paytons and Vijay Singhs and Mickelsons. There is no reason for the Spurs the 1=of 2 Best teams in the League to be satisfied with going home this year. There is no doubt in my mind that Tim Duncan wanted to be sitting on a possible 4 peat this year had it not been for that hard to swallow Flukey .04. True competitors do not want sympathy or to be coddled. It's an insult to Tim's fire. To Manu who wants to give every minute to win. To Popovich's hard earned titles. If Spurs are fine with not winning it every year. They might as well have just rested Timmy and Manu this whole year just to come mirading in for 2007. That is a ridiculous attitude.

kris
04-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Jesus Christ...

How about sometimes you just lose?

Yeah, they played bad against Detroit, but a lot of other games, sometimes you just lose because the other team plays good.

aaronstampler
04-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I root for them to win every year, I always will. I'm just saying it's not life or death for me. I happen to think when your team wins, the team gets a 3-5 year grace period, where you can't bitch and moan at the players and FO.

Sorry if I'm not a crazy Yankee fan. I can accept the concept that other teams have professional players who are trying to win too. Maybe I'm just rational that way.

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 01:09 AM
It's just April

kris
04-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Um, no, I'm talking about the games where teams get physical with us and we turn to the refs to bail us out and go into the fetal position.

We had other losses that didn't involve that at all.

Stupid and lonely?

Look, other people have made the same point I have made on this thread, why don't you take pot shots at them to?

Either you disagree with all of us criticizing this team for being soft, or you're a hypocrit.

What are you talking about? When the Spurs lose it's guaransheed you'll be crying about something in here.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Sorry. sometimes you get caught in the moment. if you're a passionate fan like me you want that win Today. I guess you're better as seeing the big picture which is it's not the end of the world even with a lost championship.

Still..This loss is Small potatoes...but Whenever the Spurs lose in the general sense. I can't help but get mixed feelings. They're not exactly the most mentally tough team, so there's this uncertainty they carry that other champions don't carry like the Pistons right now, and 2000's Lakers. Last year there was little doubt the Spurs would win the west because it seemed like they had an answer for everything in a seven game series. They weren't gonna make the same mistakes like in 04' but this year, it might be a repeat of 04' , not necessarily with the Western Conference but with the East. Even in 05' they had their predictable, "we can afford to lose these games" attitude and had not Horry saved the day in game 5. We wouldn't be in such a sweet position with our key pieces. Just another Good Enough Team without that championship confidence. The Spurs complacency is their biggest weakness. I don't doubt they'll deliver in playoff time. But if they make it to Finals. There's no chance to relax in that series.

T Park
04-06-2006, 01:16 AM
I coulda sworn that first game against Detroit, wich, BTW, was a pretty close game going into the 4th and they pulled away in the end with scrubs V scrubs.

AND, no Ginobili.

The second one, they just played bad, and there wasn't enough Mohammed IMo.

Honestly, am not worried about this team one bit.

this team is way better than it was last year.

People just expect this team I guess to blow out every team by about 15.

Its the NBA, it aint happening.

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 01:19 AM
No but if they won by 8 on the score above 186 I would be happy :D

cs100
04-06-2006, 01:22 AM
SAC needed this game more than we did. They outplayed us. So what? You want to jump off the bandwagon? It happens. We are about to break the franchise record for most wins in a season and yet we don't play with heart. Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes

We know that we won't catch Detroit for HCA. We also know that we are 2 games (three with the tiebreaker) ahead of _allas for the Western Conference title, and we WILL beat them friday. So why risk injury to our players by pushing them for a game that means absolutely nothing in the long run?

A playoff SERIES has more planning involved than a regular season game. Preparation is one thing that our veteran team knows how to do. They will look at plenty of film on tendencies, come up with game plans and strategies that will make the difference.

Have you ever had an off day? Are you always 100% every day you go to work? Do you give 100% every day that you work? Are you always in control at work? None of this has to do with heart.

I know losses are painful to watch, but it's over. Let's move on.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I coulda sworn that first game against Detroit, wich, BTW, was a pretty close game going into the 4th and they pulled away in the end with scrubs V scrubs.

AND, no Ginobili.

The second one, they just played bad, and there wasn't enough Mohammed IMo.

Honestly, am not worried about this team one bit.

this team is way better than it was last year.

Its the NBA, it aint happening.How much better are the Pistons this year than the Spurs? I think rebounding is the result of lack of aggression and that's all mental in the Spurs case.

T Park
the Lakers game, both Detroit games, Seattle, Denver, etc. Teams get physical and we crater

Laker game, back to back, coming back from Phoenix, under 17 hours like tonight, getting into town at about 5 am, AND, starting earlier than normal, thanks to ESPN, like tonight.

Sonic game? No excuse, Seattle just played better, it happens.

Denver, second of a back to back, came into Denver late after a hard fought game the night before.

I just love the arrogance people are showing tonight regarding how a team coming into a back to back under 17 hours from playing the night before isn't an excuse.

T Park
04-06-2006, 01:25 AM
How much better are the Pistons this year than the Spurs? I think rebounding is the result of lack of aggression and that's all mental in the Spurs case.

How much better?

Percentage wise?

Id say 5%

If the Spurs gang rebound like they have been lately, they will be ok, their defense has been good lately, when they give up the offensive board thats when they get in trouble.

Id say the Spurs and Pistons are as even as they were last year.

The difference will be if Ginobili can replicate his performance, Mohammed can rebound, Horry can replicate his clutch shots, and Duncan to just be 90% Duncan.

Thats it.

sprrs
04-06-2006, 01:27 AM

1) B2B
2) Tim had flu
3) Tim has PF
7) Most importantly--- we won last year and 3 of 7. We don't have to win it every year. Have some perspective.

That's a stupid, stupid thing to say. We can't go into the season thinking, ok we don't have to try this season because we won it last year. What would it be like if the players had that attitude? Any team that's contending for the title should consider it a complete and utter dissapointment if and when they fall short of winning it all.

MannyIsGod
04-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Same shit every year. I"m not worried about it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2006, 01:30 AM
yeah I think now that we know Mohammed can step it up as starting center over Rasho. I hope he upgrades his playoff performance boards wise. He just needs to be more aggressive than last year and we'll match up well against Detroit. I think so far with these losses, the rebounds are the glaring weakness that needs to be fixed coming into the playoffs.

I think that's the main reason Detroit beat the Lakers in 04'.

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Is it just me or TPark is making an excuses?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
He just seems to have uber confidence in this team this year over us others.

T Park
04-06-2006, 01:33 AM
lol no kidding

The team had the same problems last year.

Rebounding, worried about level of play going into the playoffs.

Heck the Spurs lost like their last 3 games going into the playoffs last year.

Witha butt whoopin in Memphis I think to end the year.

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
He just seems to have uber confidence in this team this year over us others.
That's a bad sign

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 01:40 AM
lol no kidding

The team had the same problems last year.

Rebounding, worried about level of play going into the playoffs.

Heck the Spurs lost like their last 3 games going into the playoffs last year.

Witha butt whoopin in Memphis I think to end the year.

Sat 16 Memphis W 97 - 75
Mon 18 @ Memphis L 92 - 94
Wed 20 @ Minnesota L 73 - 95

And we all know that the last game doesn't mmean nothing to Pop

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 02:03 AM
HAHAHA!!! Look at all these Spurs fans sooooooo concerned with HCA!!! What's wrong, worried about playing on the road? Talk all you want because IF, and that's a BIG *IF* your Spurs happen to make it to the finals and see the pistons, no home cooking for you guys. And against the Pistons? Game over. so you admit that they are getting by the mavs and are heading to the finals? :lol

T Park
04-06-2006, 02:07 AM
The Memphis home game was a good win that I think clinched the division. The game at Memphis was a no big deal, and the Minnesota game I dont think Duncan nor Ginobili hardly played.

Exactly what I said.

7 games left, 2 game lead, if they win friday it seals the division up, 4 games up 6 to go.

If they lose, then the division is back up for grabs.

MYSELF<

I would prefer they go all out the next couple, cinch up the division, then set Duncan, Ginobili, Horry, down.

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Manu

On playing in the second game of a back-to-back - “We haven’t played very well in the second game of back-to-backs. (The Kings) played yesterday too, so we can’t use that as an excuse. They just played better than us. We can’t make any excuses. I played only played 28 minutes yesterday, so why would I be tired tonight? It isn’t a matter of being tired, it’s a matter of playing hard. They played better than us overall.”

AFE7FATMAN
04-06-2006, 02:13 AM
The book right now on the Spurs is to get physical and they will go into the fetal position...

Taken from the old scouting report of David Robinson and company.

SenorSpur
04-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Kevin Willis, baby.

At least he would knock somebody on there ass.

Come to think of it, this team doesn't have that enforcer type that they've had in years past...a la Willis or Masssenberg.

cwalk989
04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Your team got pushed around last night, but givem a break. I always have to tell pistons fans that the players are human, and some nights they just don't wanna play.

But on the other hand that wasn't a good message to send the kings, that they can do that on your home court.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:18 AM

This is what's wrong with everyone on the forum. Some of you act like our triumvirate of TD, TP, and Manu are going to be around forever.

Tpark - STFU. You sound like the Spurs - "well, it was a back to back, that's why we lost". WEAK.

As for Detroit, they killed us on the boards both games, and mugged us defensively. We went into our shells instead of standing up and fighting. You can spin it any way you want, this team is playing soft basketball when teams get physical with us.

The most damning thing of all is that some of the guys are turning to the refs to bail them out instead of nutting up and playing ball.

td4mvp3
04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
why do people keep bringing up this get-physical-with-the-spurs-and-they-fold nonsense? wasn't that denver's strategy in last year's playoffs? and didn't seattle try it some? and were the pistons just playing soft four times? geez, the team wins only the 13th or something 7-game series in nba finals history, goes through the 2nd best defensive team and the top offensive team, and the same hits keep coming up. it's not last year, certainly, but the actions of last year should give this team some breathing room considering how many of the players are back. they deserve a bit more respect for knowing themselves and knowing they can beat this team, at least, in the playoffs so no need to seek the ledge.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
The Memphis home game was a good win that I think clinched the division. The game at Memphis was a no big deal, and the Minnesota game I dont think Duncan nor Ginobili hardly played.

Exactly what I said.

7 games left, 2 game lead, if they win friday it seals the division up, 4 games up 6 to go.

If they lose, then the division is back up for grabs.

MYSELF<

I would prefer they go all out the next couple, cinch up the division, then set Duncan, Ginobili, Horry, down.

So what's wrong with them winning (counting last night) 5 in a row and clinching the division and HC, then resting everyone?

From Manu...

On playing in the second game of a back-to-back - “We haven’t played very well in the second game of back-to-backs. (The Kings) played yesterday too, so we can’t use that as an excuse. They just played better than us. We can’t make any excuses. I played only played 28 minutes yesterday, so why would I be tired tonight? It isn’t a matter of being tired, it’s a matter of playing hard. They played better than us overall.”

I guess you guys need to write Manu some hate mail too, he seems to agree with me.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 08:24 AM
why do people keep bringing up this get-physical-with-the-spurs-and-they-fold nonsense? wasn't that denver's strategy in last year's playoffs? and didn't seattle try it some? and were the pistons just playing soft four times? geez, the team wins only the 13th or something 7-game series in nba finals history, goes through the 2nd best defensive team and the top offensive team, and the same hits keep coming up. it's not last year, certainly, but the actions of last year should give this team some breathing room considering how many of the players are back. they deserve a bit more respect for knowing themselves and knowing they can beat this team, at least, in the playoffs so no need to seek the ledge.

well, the get physical and spurs fold strategy worked last night. they were tired, but they could have at least shown up. greg anthony actually made some good comments about the spurs last night, i thought the world was comin to an end - spurs cannot have played worse than they did last night, and the kings could not have played better. this was a bigger win for the kings than it was a loss for the spurs.

td4mvp3
04-06-2006, 08:24 AM
and for another thing, this stuff about turning to the refs makes it sound like it's a new strategy for this team as well as every other team on the planet. there were four techs called early in this game for a reason, and rasheed wallance missed a game for the same tech stuff. what's the problem of turning to the refs and saying they missed a call if they did, in fact, miss a call or you think they did? and why is it such a big deal when everyone has done it and is doing it? show me one team in which the players don't argue a call. hell, shaq was just calling out a ref and rasheed did the same last year. crap happens, why not point it out?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
why do people keep bringing up this get-physical-with-the-spurs-and-they-fold nonsense? wasn't that denver's strategy in last year's playoffs? and didn't seattle try it some?

There's a difference between being a bunch of thugs like Denver was getting hit with fouls and flagrants left and right by the officials and playing good, hard physical defense and offense like several teams have done this year that has resulted in a Spurs loss.

the actions of last year should give this team some breathing room considering how many of the players are back.

This team isn't playing with near the cohesiveness of last year's team, particularly at the defensive end of the court.

smeagol
04-06-2006, 08:27 AM

It's not just you. I've told other people too to chill. It's just one loss. We had 23 in last year's regular seaon (some of them pretty embarassing) and we still won the ring.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:29 AM
what's the problem of turning to the refs and saying they missed a call if they did, in fact, miss a call or you think they did? and why is it such a big deal when everyone has done it and is doing it?

There's a difference between telling a ref he missed a call and the constant whining of TD and Tony when teams play them physically.

show me one team in which the players don't argue a call.

Last year, in the Finals, the Spurs didn't argue the calls while Detroit was crying to the refs like a bunch of little girls. Remind me who won that series again? Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

When you cry to the refs every time someone touches you two things happen - 1. the refs get tired of it and give you even less calls and 2. if you're thinking about the refs you're not thinking about the game.

td4mvp3
It's not just you. I've told other people too to chill. It's just one loss. We had 23 in last year's regular seaon (some of them pretty embarassing) and we still won the ring.
amen.

smeagol
This team isn't playing with near the cohesiveness of last year's team, particularly at the defensive end of the court.
This year's team is poised to have a better record than last year's team by 3 or 4 Ws.

td4mvp3
04-06-2006, 08:32 AM
There's a difference between telling a ref he missed a call and the constant whining of TD and Tony when teams play them physically.

Last year, in the Finals, the Spurs didn't argue the calls while Detroit was crying to the refs like a bunch of little girls. Remind me who won that series again? Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

When you cry to the refs every time someone touches you two things happen - 1. the refs get tired of it and give you even less calls and 2. if you're thinking about the refs you're not thinking about the game.

no, your first point is a complete contradiction. "playin physical" is a euphamism for fouling, plain and simple. you can't very well bump someone or whatever and that not be a foul, even if it's not called. hell, folks were just talking about how we need an enforcer, someone o make hard fouls and send a message. it's all the same just with different monikers. so if someone is fouled and nothing is called, what's the problem in calling the refs on it? certainly, you may not get them on your side, but that is just as much their err as your own since they aren't supposed to take sides and should be calling fouls when they see them. and last year, it certainly was not just the pistons complaining about foul calls, the spurs went through it as well in the 3rd and 4th games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 08:42 AM
no, your first point is a complete contradiction. "playin physical" is a euphamism for fouling, plain and simple. you can't very well bump someone or whatever and that not be a foul, even if it's not called.

No, you missed my point completely. There is a difference between say, Carmelo and Kmart going for Manu's head last year, and Detroit, Sacto, etc. bodying guys up defensively and having a hand in their face when they shoot.

When we do it to teams, we call it great defense. When teams do it to us, we cry to the officials.

I'm sorry you just don't get it.

so if someone is fouled and nothing is called, what's the problem in calling the refs on it?

Again, there's a difference between someone trying to take your head off and Brad Miller standing with his hands up in Duncan's face while Tim shoots, and then when Tim misses horribly him turning to the ref to cry about it.

Or the Spurs getting outrebounded by Detroit badly and turning to the refs after every play to complain they're getting pushed/over the back, etc.

they aren't supposed to take sides and should be calling fouls when they see them.

This is the NBA, you realize that, right? :lol

and last year, it certainly was not just the pistons complaining about foul calls, the spurs went through it as well in the 3rd and 4th games.

Tell me how those two games worked out for the Spurs. Thanks for proving my point. Shut up and play ball.

Old School Chic
04-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Good morning AHF :wakeup

SpurYank
04-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Let's see, this is only our 17th loss. Got two more to go for the best all-time record of 63/19. Not that the Spurs see it the way I do or anything. It's just Murphy's Law. Add the motivation of ANY NBA team, and last night's foe could have been the Magic, the Bobcats, hell, even the Knicks, just ask the Cavaliers, and anything can happen.

Super Bowl I winners, the Immortal GB Packers, got beat up by Pittsburgh that year and even lost 3 other games that year. They are still seen as the best ever.

I'm with smeagol, konky, MannyIs God, and polandprzem: This is the same NBA team that won the title last year, and they are better than they were then. Doesn't have to mean we will repeat. All signs point that way though. Remember when the Suns came to SA and "stole" the first game of the playoffs? We lost HCA on the first day of the playoffs. Still, a couple games later Pop made sure we got it back.

Stick with him. He's proven himself. And if not, it's been a great year. I still see repeats of the first quarter at Utah (Tuesday) later on in the playoffs.

BigVee
04-06-2006, 09:02 AM
So what's wrong with them winning (counting last night) 5 in a row and clinching the division and HC, then resting everyone?

From Manu...

I guess you guys need to write Manu some hate mail too, he seems to agree with me.

No, what he said was the Kings played better last night. He did not say when teams play us physical we go into the fetal position. What an absolutely assinine observation. I am continuously amazed at what some people write on this forum after losses. It is incredible. If the team had the same reaction the season would be over. Wow, best record for the Spurs ever, best record in the west, while fighting through many injuries and a really whacked travel schedule all year, and having some of their loyal fans call them soft? Lunacy. Can't wait until the Kings come back for game 1. Boy are they in for a rude awakening.

Hook Dem
04-06-2006, 09:19 AM
No, what he said was the Kings played better last night. He did not say when teams play us physical we go into the fetal position. What an absolutely assinine observation. I am continuously amazed at what some people write on this forum after losses. It is incredible. If the team had the same reaction the season would be over. Wow, best record for the Spurs ever, best record in the west, while fighting through many injuries and a really whacked travel schedule all year, and having some of their loyal fans call them soft? Lunacy. Can't wait until the Kings come back for game 1. Boy are they in for a rude awakening.
A very good analogy! Why not look at it this way? Did you lose a lot in Vbookie? Please give this team a break. The sky is not falling! Some in here are all wrapped up in thinking of themselves as great sports analizers. You think the Spurs will win or lose? Who knows? Thats why they play the games! As for me........IN SPURS WE TRUST! Ease up a little or you may not live long.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Man the reaction to this is almost as bad as when the Mavs blasted us by 40 last year. From my perspective this team has a bad case of tunnel vision going on. They just didn't look like they wanted to be out there last night, which I attribute to the combination of a very big game Friday night coupled with the usual B2B syndrome. (I will concede that it seems that the B2B mentality has gotten the better of this team and that is really annoying.)

Meanwhile the Kings had all sorts of reasons to come out fired up. First this is a potential first round matchup and they needed to prove to the world and themselves that they could hang with the Spurs, especially after the beat down Dallas gave them. Not only that but they've little room for error with the Jazz and Hornets on their heels. So it shouldn't be too surprising that they came out their with playoff like intensity while the Spurs looked plain flat, which manifested itself in the Spurs getting out hustled and pushed around.

Dallas will be the real litmus test to see if the Spurs are ready for another title run. They'll have a little rest, be looking to bounce back hard, and make a statement against a probable playoff opponent. In short they'll have all the motivation that the Kings had going for them last night.

easjer
04-06-2006, 09:32 AM
:rolleyes to this entire thread.

Better stock up on the ulcer and anti-anxiety meds because there is way a lot of you folks are gonna make it through the playoffs.

And to whoever said that every team should be disappointed if they don't win the championship each year - I feel very sorry for you, because you clearly miss out on a lot of good things in life if you apply that philosophy across the board. Only 1 team wins it. That means 29 teams don't. If you can't enjoy the great ride, the best record ever and whatever else they give you if they don't win it all, or better yet, in whatever way you determine to be the way to win it (blowout, more effort, more 'physicality', more heart) then you are taking it way, way too seriously.

I love this team. I devote a large part of my life to following this team, catching whatever games I can, reading up on them, catching shows they might be on, talking with whatever fans I can. But I'm realistic - if you can't enjoy what they offer without the ultimate championship, then that's sad. It must be a rough life for you, filled with little pleasure.

I realize that this is the prime time to win with our current squad. I realize they won't be around forever. But I enjoy them while they are here, champions or no. Spurs fans have become entitled whiny brats thanks to these championships. Nice way to repay the team for what they bring to your life.

Now I'm sure someone wants to comment on the fact that I'm not a 'true' fan if I don't threaten to slit my wrists if they don't win. No point in it, but whatever.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 09:33 AM
This year's team is poised to have a better record than last year's team by 3 or 4 Ws.

Sweet, when do they give us the trophy? When's the river parade for better regular season record than last year?

No, what he said was the Kings played better last night. He did not say when teams play us physical we go into the fetal position. What an absolutely assinine observation.

Asinine is thinking that someone like Manu would say "yeah, we play soft when teams get physical with us." If you can't see the problem for what it is, just promise me that you won't get upset when this team fails to nut up come playoff time.

This team has gotten into a bad habit of looking to the refs for a bailout when things get physical. That's the same thing that got Detroit beat last year in the Finals. It's an arrogant mindset of "we're the defending champs, why aren't you giving us the calls?" And it's going to get us beat unless it changes.

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Better stock up on the ulcer and anti-anxiety meds because there is way a lot of you folks are gonna make it through the playoffs.

I agree, some Spur fans need extra doses of these:

http://www.vitalitymedical.com/isroot/Stores/VitalityMedical/picxl/ISD0009361006.jpg

BigVee
04-06-2006, 09:38 AM
I promise I won't get upset if they don't nut up. Why don't you promise to stop over analyzing every freaking game?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I love this team. I devote a large part of my life to following this team, catching whatever games I can, reading up on them, catching shows they might be on, talking with whatever fans I can. But I'm realistic - if you can't enjoy what they offer without the ultimate championship, then that's sad. It must be a rough life for you, filled with little pleasure.

I realize that this is the prime time to win with our current squad. I realize they won't be around forever. But I enjoy them while they are here, champions or no. Spurs fans have become entitled whiny brats thanks to these championships. Nice way to repay the team for what they bring to your life.

Just to clear things up. I love this team as well. I just expect for them to be there at the end playing for it all, at least for the rest of TD's prime.

Here's where I guess I differ from you - I can deal with us getting beat if the guys do their best and leave it all on the floor and it's still not enough.

I can't deal with us playing soft, backing down from a challenge, or looking to the refs for a bailout.

This team didn't get to where it's at by expecting zebra charity. I love this team because it got to where it was through hard work, a lunch pail mentality, and working harder and smarter than any other team in the league, hustling every play, never saying quit.

Now they've worked their way to the top, they just seem to forget what got them there - all that stuff I just talked about. They play tough defense on teams and attribute all their success to that hard nosed D, then when other teams play that way against them, they go to the refs and ask for help. Can't have it both ways.

Same thing with the physicality aspect. The team used to take pride in getting in the grill of other teams and making them uncomfortable. Now other teams are copying our recipe for success, and using it against us, and we back down from the fight/cry to the refs.

There's no hustle, no fight, no desire. Last night we folded with 7 minutes left to play down 15. That's not Spurs basketball. Spurs basketball is nutting up and holding them to 4 points the rest of the way, being efficient on offense, and squeaking out the win.

But again, last night is but one symptom of the bigger problem of how we've played this year. Go back and look at both of the games with the Pistons. I don't care if Manu was out the first game - both games they took us to the woodshed on the glass and that was the difference in the game.

Leading up to the second game all we heard from the Spurs was that they were ashamed of their performance on the boards in the first game and how things would be different.

Then they went out, got outworked and outhustled in the second game for the rebounds, and all they could do is look to the refs for help.

Again, that's not Spurs basketball. That's not the kind of basketball play that got them 3 titles in 7 years.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Why don't you promise to stop over analyzing every freaking game?

Why don't you stop reading my posts if it's such a problem? That, or recognize that it's a *discussion* board, and I want to discuss something besides Eva's latest sound bite about Tony or the newest Tim Duncan GUNN Ancira commercial.

smeagol
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
A very good analogy! Why not look at it this way? Did you lose a lot in Vbookie? Please give this team a break. The sky is not falling! Some in here are all wrapped up in thinking of themselves as great sports analizers. You think the Spurs will win or lose? Who knows? Thats why they play the games! As for me........IN SPURS WE TRUST! Ease up a little or you may not live long.
You make so much more sense in this forum than in the other one.

Keep it up!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Old School Chic
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree, some Spur fans need extra doses of these:

http://www.vitalitymedical.com/isroot/Stores/VitalityMedical/picxl/ISD0009361006.jpg

:lol Classic

BigVee
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't disagree with you in theory, but in reality, no team leaves it all on the floor every regular season game. They just don't. And, if you expect that, you are in for several disappointments at various times during the season. When we get to the playoffs then I will agree, maximum effort every game. And it is not just the players. Don't you think Pop's sub pattern would have been different if last night was game 1 of the WC playoffs?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-06-2006, 09:47 AM
And going back to the thoughts on how the Spurs need someone like Willis/Ferry/T-Mass, I think right now the guy who is filling that role is Robert Horry. He's not going to step into the paint and club a guy to the floor (not that I can really recall any of those guys doing that either), but he doesn't back down. I believe he was involved in a few scuffles last year and this year he was the guy who didn't put up with Stackhouse's shit and put an elbow in Reggie Evans jaw after being on the receiving end of a few.

BigVee
04-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Why don't you stop reading my posts if it's such a problem? That, or recognize that it's a *discussion* board, and I want to discuss something besides Eva's latest sound bite about Tony or the newest Tim Duncan GUNN Ancira commercial.

Asking me to promise something is not a discussion. So I asked you to promise something. And, you don't discuss, you question the team's desire to win....which, based on their history...I believe is absurd. It is one thing to question/discuss stategy and tactics and individual performances, but when you question the mental fortitude of a championship team, I think you are way off base.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't disagree with you in theory, but in reality, no team leaves it all on the floor every regular season game. They just don't.

The problem is that I haven't seen anything to even hint this attitude will change come playoff time.

And I don't buy into the whole "just flip a switch come playoff time" thing.

Lord knows I hope I'm wrong on this, but I just haven't seen that moment this year where the team gels. Last year it was on the road when we played those double OT games back to back without Duncan and won. '03 was the rodeo road trip. We haven't had a crystalizing moment like that this year. That worries me.

BigVee
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
The problem is that I haven't seen anything to even hint this attitude will change come playoff time.

And I don't buy into the whole "just flip a switch come playoff time" thing.

Lord knows I hope I'm wrong on this, but I just haven't seen that moment this year where the team gels. Last year it was on the road when we played those double OT games back to back without Duncan and won. '03 was the rodeo road trip. We haven't had a crystalizing moment like that this year. That worries me.
I know it has been a weird year. Many complaints about the team's play yet they will finish with their best record ever. I just think once the playoffs start, and Pop let's the regulars play more minutes, etc...Of course I hope I am right...but firmly believe I am.

angel_luv
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I hate losing as much as anybody, but it happened. I bet the guys learns from it, rest up, and come out like Tigers on Friday. Dallas is going down! :cheer

Personally I am going to accept the L and hope we win out from here.

Go Spurs Go! :cheer

Senator Joseph McCarthy
04-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sensing a disturbing amount of disloyalty in this thread, and it just so happens that it's coming from people that are already on my list of know traitors to the Spurs cause, particularly a person of interest that the FBI has code name FaggieOopsHan. You remind me of these damn rabble rousing hippy communist instigators, always asking silly questions. Why question capitalism and democracy if it lead to nearly 200 of prosperity? And why question a Spurs team that is on track for a historic record? Can you explain how a team that is record wise doing better than ever in a time where the competition is stiffer than ever has gotten their by abandoning defense and playing tough?

HUAC's recommendation is that this poor soul is in need of serious reeducation, or immediate deportation to Spursreport.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
:lol Points for creativity, spurs fan in exile, aka Senator...

I guess the next form of denial is an attempt at a play on another user's handle... so be it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Curses! I'm found out! :lol I figured the good senator from Wisconsin could say it better than I could. But the questions still remain AHF. You're right on that the Spurs got out hustled and their physicality was lacking last night and that's why they lost. But if teams more and more teams are starting to copy the Spurs game plan and get physical with them and that causes the Spurs to fold up and whine, why are they winning more and more games?

Take this game for what it was-a game that meant a lot more to the Kings than it did the Spurs, which is exactly how both teams played it.

BigVee
04-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Curses! I'm found out! :lol I figured the good senator from Wisconsin could say it better than I could. But the questions still remain AHF.

I think the witness has answered the questions already, and represented his point of view well. I just happen to disagree with him, and hope like hell he is wrong. Otherwise it is going to be a long summer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 10:39 AM
But if teams more and more teams are starting to copy the Spurs game plan and get physical with them and that causes the Spurs to fold up and whine, why are they winning more and more games?

There's but a handful of this teams that have the necessary athletes, particularly at the SF, PF, and C spots, to pull off that style of play.

hope like hell he is wrong. Otherwise it is going to be a long summer.

Agreed on both accounts.

smeagol
04-06-2006, 11:03 AM
In March, they beat Dallas, Phoenix twice and Denver on the road (the other three best teams in the West).

How is that for a start?

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Your avatar is giving my life a little pleasure.

easjer
04-06-2006, 11:37 AM
My husband is thrilled to hear it Fabbs, this rose is one from the dozen my husband gave me on our wedding day. Thanks for the reminder to change it back!

Edit - I always think everyone should stop and enjoy the roses. ;)

smeagol
04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
My husband is thrilled to hear it Fabbs, this rose is one from the dozen my husband gave me on our wedding day. Thanks for the reminder to change it back!

Edit - I always think everyone should stop and enjoy the roses. ;)
Nooooooooooo . . . . . . .

We want the other one. :madrun

(tell your husband he is a lucky man) :spin

Sportman
04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
WAO i think some people is SO SO fanatic sometimes they cant analize what they watched, JUST a bad game. And that was all, a bad game for spurs. As manu said, kings played harder and spurs just played like a training day. Manu, Tim and Tony had an awful game and if they dont have a good game, surely spurs are not going to win. As respects kings, Bibby and Artest played GREAT as all stars, artest played a great defense over manu and we could watch a frustrated manu. But this is not playoffs and i like the idea about kings REALLY FEEL they can beat spurs in the first round, that`s good so that spurs can be focus and play a great first round.

Sportman
04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
GO SPURS GO

SAGambler
04-06-2006, 12:41 PM

And to whoever said that every team should be disappointed if they don't win the championship each year - I feel very sorry for you, because you clearly miss out on a lot of good things in life if you apply that philosophy across the board. Only 1 team wins it. That means 29 teams don't. If you can't enjoy the great ride, the best record ever and whatever else they give you if they don't win it all, or better yet, in whatever way you determine to be the way to win it (blowout, more effort, more 'physicality', more heart) then you are taking it way, way too seriously.

Now I'm sure someone wants to comment on the fact that I'm not a 'true' fan if I don't threaten to slit my wrists if they don't win. No point in it, but whatever.

:clap :clap :clap

Just think how great it is to be a Spurs fan, where every night you know your team has a chance to win. Not too many cities have that luxury. Can you imagine being a Knicks fan, knowing almost every game you are probably going to lose?

It's not the end of the world when the Spurs drop a game. It's to be expected. Every team in the league get up for the Spurs. Do you think the Kings would rather beat the Mavs or the Spurs. Which team do you think they got up for?

Like was said. Enjoy the ride of a winning team while it last. Who knows. We may have days in our future like the Knicks fans are suffering through now.

WayDowntownBang
04-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey, they are playing on national tv. They are the defending champs. Where the hell is their heart, their desire??? I can just hear the Pistons laughing at the lackluster play of the Spurs tonite.

I didn't read the other 3 pages of this yet, so who knows where the convo is going... but, I had to reply to this one.

Us Piston fans can't be laughing too hard. We dropped one to the Knicks.

Melmart1
04-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I didn't read the other 3 pages of this yet, so who knows where the convo is going... but, I had to reply to this one.

Us Piston fans can't be laughing too hard. We dropped one to the Knicks.

:lmao

yep, that should make all Spurs fans irate over this loss feel better. The (mostly) goodwill between Pistons and Spurs fans here amazes me.

WayDowntownBang
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
:lmao

yep, that should make all Spurs fans irate over this loss feel better. The (mostly) goodwill between Pistons and Spurs fans here amazes me.

You have to keep your perspective. So the Spurs lost a game to a playoff team. Big whoop. It should be obvious by now that no team is going to go undefeated for the entire season. Shake it off, and get ready. If anything, the Spurs should learn something from what the Kings did.. you'll be seeing them again soon.

Melmart1
04-06-2006, 12:56 PM
You have to keep your perspective. So the Spurs lost a game to a playoff team. Big whoop. It should be obvious by now that no team is going to go undefeated for the entire season. Shake it off, and get ready. If anything, the Spurs should learn something from what the Kings did.. you'll be seeing them again soon.

I couldn't agree more.

"Statement games" are highly overrated, imho. THe only statement that counts is winning in the playoffs. When the Spurs defeat the Kings in 5, that is all the 'statement' they will need.

WayDowntownBang
04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I couldn't agree more.

"Statement games" are highly overrated, imho. THe only statement that counts is winning in the playoffs. When the Spurs defeat the Kings in 5, that is all the 'statement' they will need.

True.. although then again, I'm going to be the "Big Hypocrite of the Week", because my Pistons are playing the Heat tonight, and if we lose to the Big Ugly, I'm going to be pissed off. We've pretty much wrapped it up, we just need to finish strong to get momenteum for the playoffs. I know the game doesn't matter in the big picture, but to hear Shaq flap his monster gums talking about how they're the team to beat.. I don't think I could handle that.

We'll see ;) :hat

Melmart1
04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
True.. although then again, I'm going to be the "Big Hypocrite of the Week", because my Pistons are playing the Heat tonight, and if we lose to the Big Ugly, I'm going to be pissed off. We've pretty much wrapped it up, we just need to finish strong to get momenteum for the playoffs. I know the game doesn't matter in the big picture, but to hear Shaq flap his monster gums talking about how they're the team to beat.. I don't think I could handle that.

We'll see ;) :hat

I don't mind Shaq flapping his gums now that he is on the Heat. But back in the day with the Lakers, I might have had an issue. So I see where you are coming from.

vanvannen
04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm not so sure this team can get it done. The lack of intensity and mostly will to win just amazes me.
Mark my words, if this doesn't change, and I mean pronto, we are not going all the way this year.

WayDowntownBang
04-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm not so sure this team can get it done. The lack of intensity and mostly will to win just amazes me.
Mark my words, if this doesn't change, and I mean pronto, we are not going all the way this year.

I'm not sure of the answer, but how were the Spurs down the stretch last year? I wouldn't quite throw the Spurs under the bus because of one loss. Of course, if you want to forfeit and give Rasheed back his championship belt...

And Melmart.. what are you saying.. Shaq's in the East, so now his gums are OUR problem? :blah

SAGambler
04-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't mind Shaq flapping his gums now that he is on the Heat. But back in the day with the Lakers, I might have had an issue. So I see where you are coming from.

Back in the day of the Lakers, I just had an absolute hate for Shaq. Always running his big mouth. And usually running it to put San Antonio or the Spurs down.

Now that he is back in Florida, I don't really give him a second thought, other than I think he is probably the most overpaid player in the history of the game.

BTW Shaq. Where is that "ship" you promised those poor fools down in sunny Miami?

Melmart1
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
And Melmart.. what are you saying.. Shaq's in the East, so now his gums are OUR problem? :blah

:tu

SuperManu!!!
04-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Manu

IT'S ALL SAID

sprrs
04-07-2006, 02:04 AM

I agree with that point, about the fans of a team. But as a teamitself, the mentality should be dissapointment if they fail to win the title. They don't get paid to half-ass their way through the playoffs because they don't really care.

mavsfan1000
04-07-2006, 02:20 AM
This spurs team looks really tough. I doubt losing to the kings one time in the regular season is any cause for concern. This team is for real. Anyways they probably will beat the mavs again but I am willing to take the beating. :lol