PDA

View Full Version : tlong and Sequ

Jimcs50
10-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Your Giants suck, I told you the Astros would win the wild card. The Astros just won their 17th straight home game and have one more to clinch tomorow against Colorado.

tlong, I will be expecting the $20 you owe me next week. :eyebrows You should know not to bet me, I am never ever wrong.

SequSpur
10-03-2004, 10:45 AM
If the Astros win today, then props to you Jimbo. The Giants have made some poor decisions over the last few weeks, Felipe Alou is not the brightest bulb, foe sho.

ducks
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
barry bonds is choking
he needs to swing at those pitches that are close

Jimcs50
10-03-2004, 09:16 PM
It is offical, tlong, send me my $20!!!!

You suck, you should know better than bet against me, you know that I never ever lose a bet. :) :p

tlongII
10-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Jim,

I don't believe I have ever made a bet with you in this forum.

Jimcs50
10-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Jim,

I don't believe I have ever made a bet with you in this forum.

Don't even think about welching on this bet there buddy...if you do, I will make your life a living hell in here......PAY UP!!!

tlongII
10-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Okay fine. I will send you money as soon as I find the slowest way possible. I know you need the money to contribute to Duff's college fund. Fucking Dodgers! BTW Jim, how many playoff series have the Astros won?

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
They have won zero playoff series, as if you did not already know. But what the fuck has that got to do with this year???? This team is special. Here are some facts:

1. Their 36-10 finish is the 2nd best winning percentage in the history of the NL.

2.They won 18 straight at home to finish the season. Had they won 17 of 18, your Giants would still be alive.(Suck on that!)

3.They finished the season 7-0 and won 9 of 10. Had they won 6 of last 7, your Giants would not be cleaning out their lockers today(Again, suck on that!)

4.Their two Aces, Oswalt and Clemmens, combined to go 15-1 since August 10th. Had they gone 14-2, your Giants would not be playing golf today. (Suck on that!)

What is my point??? This team did everything the HAD to to get in poat season, this team is on a mission...they will beat the Braves.

Would you like to go double or nothing on this series? I get Houston, you get Atlanta. Deal?

tlongII
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
They have won zero playoff series, as if you did not already know. But what the fuck has that got to do with this year???? This team is special. Here are some facts:

1. Their 36-10 finish is the 2nd best winning percentage in the history of the NL.

2.They won 18 straight at home to finish the season. Had they won 17 of 18, your Giants would still be alive.(Suck on that!)

3.They finished the season 7-0 and won 9 of 10. Had they won 6 of last 7, your Giants would not be cleaning out their lockers today(Again, suck on that!)

4.Their two Aces, Oswalt and Clemmens, combined to go 15-1 since August 10th. Had they gone 14-2, your Giants would not be playing golf today. (Suck on that!)

What is my point??? Thuis team did everything the HAD to to get in poat season, this team is on a mission...they will beat the Braves.

Would you like to go double or nothing on this series? I get Houston, you get Atlanta. Deal?

Okay Jim, you're on! I get the Braves, you get the Astros. Has Duff paid you back yet? :lmao

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Okay Jim, you're on! I get the Braves, you get the Astros. Has Duff paid you back yet? :lmao

No, not yet, but that does not give you carte blanche to not pay me either. :)

tlongII
10-04-2004, 08:57 AM
No, not yet, but that does not give you carte blanche to not pay me either. :)

I must have missed your earlier reply. How many playoff series did you say the Astros have won?

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 09:18 AM
I must have missed your earlier reply. How many playoff series did you say the Astros have won?

Did you not read my post that you quoted???? Read again.

Oh, and I will accept your accepting of my bet. I get Houston.

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Just because Atlanta has eliminated Houston 3 times out of 3 times in the last 7 yrs, does not mean that they will do it again.

bigzak25
10-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Time to root for the Redsox....death to the Angels....

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Zak, I was hoping for Minn to win a game this weekend so the Red Sox could play them, it is a long flight to Cali for my Sox and Anaheim is playing great ball lately.

tlongII
10-04-2004, 10:26 AM
The Angels are going to win it all.

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 10:33 AM
tlong, they have a great chance. I think this year, you can not absolutely eliminate any one team, it is that wide open. If any team wins in the first round, nobody can say, damn, I would never have thought that possible. Even Minn over NY, whick seems improbable because they have not had success against them this year, but with Santana pitching in 2 of 5 games, that can be 2 sure wins for Minn and then one win in the other 3 games, and then you get the so-called upset, but then again, I can see it happen.....you?

tlongII
10-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't think Minnesota can beat NY. Santana can get 2 wins and they still won't win the series. The Yankees just have too much firepower for Minnesota to cope with in my opinion.

The Angels are extremely dangerous. They have good starting pitching, the best bullpen in the A.L., and Vlad Guererro is on fire. I think Boston is in for a major letdown. It's too bad they didn't get the A's since the Red Sox would have beat them.

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks for saying that Boston will not beat the Angels. Seeing your history of picking baseball winners, i am thrilled that you are not picking Boston. :)

tlongII
10-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks for saying that Boston will not beat the Angels. Seeing your history of picking baseball winners, i am thrilled that you are not picking Boston. :)

Geez, you win one bet from me in your entire life and now you think I can't handicap the baseball playoffs!

Jimcs50
10-04-2004, 12:15 PM
One bet???? I have a whole wine cellar of fine Portland area wines that I have won from you over the years.