PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy > South Park

SoCalSpursFan
04-06-2006, 04:25 AM
South Park made fun of family guy tonight. Those bastards.

Family Guy > South Park.

Just throwing that out there...

Really, the only time I watch comedy central is for The Daily Show and/or Colbert Report.

Shaolin-Style
04-06-2006, 05:36 AM
I like both really, i don't go out of my way to see new episodes of either but happend to catch the new south park tonight. They didn't seem to be making fun of it outside of people making a big deal about the prophet drawings and cartman bashing it for it's random sequences that have nothing pertaining to the main storyline. and cartman isn't exactly the goody goody character. kyle even said he liked it.

course that all remains to be seen how they portray the writers of family guy next week.

comedy centrals good for south park/colbert/secretstash movies(non redneck/roast ones though)

ZStomp
04-06-2006, 06:04 AM
I agree 100%

Ginofan
04-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Blasphemous.

midgetonadonkey
04-06-2006, 08:10 AM
South Park=Family Guy

They are both on the same level as far as humor goes. I enjoy how South Park always crosses the line and makes something extremely offensive very funny. Like Christopher Reeves cracking the necks of fetuses and sucking the juice out of them so he can walk. Fucking classic.

ObiwanGinobili
04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
South Park=Family Guy

They are both on the same level as far as humor goes. I enjoy how South Park always crosses the line and makes something extremely offensive very funny. Like Christopher Reeves cracking the necks of fetuses and sucking the juice out of them so he can walk. Fucking classic.

amen

there seems to be a FG/SP fight going on amongst fans across the WWW. i refuse to get involved its retarded.
this ain't east coast / west coast.

damn i love the dailyshow & the colber repor.:lol
i was dissappointed last night there was no mention of the homeland security guy hooking up with kiddies on the internet..... hopefully tonight tho.

Spurminator
04-06-2006, 09:57 AM
South Park's parody of Family Guy was hilarious.

My DVR cut off the end of the episode though... What happened after Eric rode away from Kyle?

KEDA
04-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Family Guy > South Park

Old School Chic
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Fuck South Park

http://69.9.184.217/pub/8/8646sj9avhwpwf.gif

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I still catch an episode of South Park now and then but I've stopped watching Family Guy. The few episodes of it I watched at the start of the season just weren't funny. The humor used to be crude and un-PC but at least it was funny and creative. Now it's just disgusting. And it seems that at least twice an episode they have some stupid annoying joke that they drag out about 5 minutes too long (ex. Stewie mocking Brian's attempt at a novel. Funny for 10 seconds, hilarious at 15 seconds, absolutely grating at 30 seconds.)

mikejones99
04-06-2006, 09:22 PM
South Park episode was to be continued. Comedy central is why better than fox, so SP > FG

CharlieMac
04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
South Park was pretty dead on in the Family Guy parody. You can't rely on songs and flashbacks when you run out of shit to crack on. I like family guy, just not as much as I used to.

There is no denying that South Park gets better as the show goes on. Last night they took on 3 topics at once. Classic.

tw05baller
04-06-2006, 09:43 PM
for those who missed it....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_Q9WghjzJc

atxrocker
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
i like both shows. I probably prefer family guy a little more but both are fucking funny

aaronstampler
04-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I like Family Guy too, but South Park nailed them dead to rights. Just about all their jokes are interchangable and have nothing to do with the particular episode. South Park episodes are always topical and usually make a point about something or other. Plus, they get their shit out there so quickly. Hayes quits the show, and bam, two weeks later, they've got an episode ridiculing him.

Horry For 3!
04-06-2006, 11:34 PM
South Park :tu

T-Pain
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
South Park made fun of family guy tonight. Those bastards.

Family Guy > South Park.

Just throwing that out there...

Really, the only time I watch comedy central is for The Daily Show and/or Colbert Report.

family guy has been better than south park since they hit the airwaves

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2006, 01:43 AM
I like Family Guy too, but South Park nailed them dead to rights. Just about all their jokes are interchangable and have nothing to do with the particular episode. South Park episodes are always topical and usually make a point about something or other. Plus, they get their shit out there so quickly. Hayes quits the show, and bam, two weeks later, they've got an episode ridiculing him.

They didn't ridicule hayes as they ridicule "his club"

midgetonadonkey
04-07-2006, 01:46 AM
I like South Park a little more than Family Guy just because I think Matt Stone and Tre Parker are comic geniuses. If you've seen Cannibal! the Musical, Orgazmo or even Baseketball you would understand how funny these dudes are. I guess my respect for their humor makes South Park a little better than Family Guy for me.

Buddy Holly
04-07-2006, 03:38 AM
South Park >>> Family Guy

ObiwanGinobili
04-07-2006, 07:41 AM
for those who missed it....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_Q9WghjzJc

that's an awesome clip right there.
it gets you laughing your ass off @ 2 topics at the same time.

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2006, 08:29 AM
http://x10.putfile.com/4/9513564419.gif

Old School Chic
04-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Stewie Rocks!

http://66.98.131.167/pub/6/6664scfpk60gyk.gif

Ginofan
04-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Stewie is about the only thing that makes FG worth watching. Where as on Southpark you have numerous characters to laugh at/with. Cartman, Kenny, Chef, Mr./Ms. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, Big Gay Al, Ned & Uncle Jimbo, etc, etc. ALL funny ass characters.

Spurminator
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
South Park is the most important show on TV today.

Yeah, I said it.

ORION
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is greater than all !

mookie2001
04-07-2006, 10:46 AM
in general all of adult swim is HIGHLY overrated

sealab (which I never see anymore) is the elite and clearly dominant show

aquateen and home movies are sometimes watchable

southpark is much much better than family guy

I think southpark came out when I was in 8th or 9th grade, and I hated it, partly because everyone liked it, and because it was shitty back then, in like the 3rd season I really started watching it and it has been the best basic cable show since then, the next best show is the simpsons followed by the OC (thats how good SP is)
although lately the writers have really been showing their independent conservativness

even if you take the total hilarity per episode, its ahead of family guy but historically behind the simpsons
NOBODY liked family guy when it first came out, the ratings were horrible, because it went head to head against Friends

family guy did have potential, naturally its a funny ass show
cbf and all of us liked it but when it stopped for a whole season and they didnt say anything, and then came back a year later with episodes, then stopped for a whole season, then said they were cancelled, that bullshit really pissed me off
family guys popness only emerged after its death-*see sublime sublime, and tupac
once it came out on DVD, everyone pertended that they actually liked it
then once it came out on adult swim, everyones chodes exploded about what an outrage it was that it wasnt on
then once it came on on tbs, it reached friendslike popularity and thus watching the same old episodes pissed me off
when it came back it was never the same, that, AMERICAN DAD and tbs hurt family guy as a franchise

LuvBones
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Family Guy is getting better every season. :spin

midgetonadonkey
04-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Robot Chicken

Ginofan
04-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Southpark's only downfall really has been Jackovasaurus.