PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the loss

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Pop didn't play to win the game from the beginning. The whole shit happened when he sat 4 starters early in the 1st quarter, with us leading by 5. Sac took advantage and took the lead and never let it go. Then we were only losing by 15 and Pop pulled everyone out and gave up. Basically Pop didn't play this as a must win. He kept making his regular season lineups from hell. But he must know what he is doing. I trust Pop.

Then it's a back to back, who really expected us to kill the Kings? I expected us to win by a couple of points or lose by a couple. I am not making excuses, we played like shit, this loss reminds me of the loss to Seattle.

Now the game vs. Mavs on friday. EVERYONE must play this as a must win, not really for the HCA, I still think even if Mavs win, we get HCA. But just for the Honor and plus, we cannot lost 2 in a row at home, that would be painful.

Hook Dem
04-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Pop didn't play to win the game from the beginning. The whole shit happened when he sat 4 starters early in the 1st quarter, with us leading by 5. Sac took advantage and took the lead and never let it go. Then we were only losing by 15 and Pop pulled everyone out and gave up. Basically Pop didn't play this as a must win. He kept making his regular season lineups from hell. But he must know what he is doing. I trust Pop.

Then it's a back to back, who really expected us to kill the Kings? I expected us to win by a couple of points or lose by a couple. I am not making excuses, we played like shit, this loss reminds me of the loss to Seattle.

Now the game vs. Mavs on friday. EVERYONE must play this as a must win, not really for the HCA, I still think even if Mavs win, we get HCA. But just for the Honor and plus, we cannot lost 2 in a row at home, that would be painful.
Couldn't agree with you more!

island_dude
04-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Seemed like Pop was more concerned about having his troops rested for Friday than winning last night.

101A
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
this loss reminds me of the loss to Seattle.

This loss is, in fact, a carbon copy of the loss to the Lakers.

Painful for who? Yhe fans? You think Pop cares?

After Friday's game, the worst the Spurs will be is (effectively) 2 up on the Mavs, with the easier schedule. How many times do you get a near free look at a teams playoff strategies just a few weeks before you will face them in a series. I will not at all be surprised if Pop plays the game on Friday much as he did last night, mixing and matching line-ups, crazy assignments, screwy substitution patterns; basically a preseason game; which, in many ways, it is.

One thing is certain; The Mavs will play balls-to-the-wall. Pop knows this. Pop will use this.

101A
04-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Seemed like Pop was more concerned about having his troops rested for Friday than winning last night.

Pop is concerned about having his troops rested and prepared for the playoffs. Everything else is 1/82.

ShoogarBear
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Is a B2B always an acceptable reason for the Spurs to lose? At home? Against another team that is also playing a B2B?

Who would it be unacceptable for the Spurs to lose to under those conditions? The Knicks? George Mason? Our Lady of the Lake JV? Or is it all good?

WalterBenitez
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Stupid game ... Is POP still on charge or what ... he took his night off??? are the startes tired ... starts with NVE, Sean, Oberto, Brent adn Mike ... they probably would have done a better job.

101A
04-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Who would it be unacceptable for the Spurs to lose to under those conditions?

Any team who has already beaten them 3 times in a playoff series.

ShoogarBear
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
^Okay, I'll give you that one. :)

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2006, 10:25 AM
i dont know why u guyz are whingin for, we are still on target for +60wins

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 10:36 AM
This loss is, in fact, a carbon copy of the loss to the Lakers.

Painful for who? Yhe fans? You think Pop cares?

Painful for me. I'll need that extra strength stool softener if we lose. No pop doesnt care and like I said before we probably gonna have HCA even if we lose friday. Which we won't.

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Is a B2B always an acceptable reason for the Spurs to lose? At home? Against another team that is also playing a B2B?

Who would it be unacceptable for the Spurs to lose to under those conditions? The Knicks? George Mason? Our Lady of the Lake JV? Or is it all good?

any loss in a 60+ win season record is acceptable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 10:40 AM
i dont know why u guyz are whingin for, we are still on target for +60wins

Because everything this team plays for isn't about 60 wins. It's about the ring.

101A
04-06-2006, 10:47 AM
It's about the ring.

THAT'S why last night means nothing.

Actually, it could be rated a success: Another 48 minutes of NBA regular season basketball endured w/o any season-ending injuries.

ShoogarBear
04-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry, but you don't win championships by limping into the playoffs playing inconsistently or like crap. At least the Spurs don't.

101A
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Sorry, but you don't win championships by limping into the playoffs playing inconsistently or like crap. At least the Spurs don't.

The Spurs were the definition of "limping" last year.

The year they finished the "strongest"....

Regular season means nothing.

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 11:27 AM

huh? they had a worse record last year than this year!

Ishta
04-06-2006, 11:37 AM
:spam: This is why I am not worried about last night!:flag: :flag:

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
The Spurs were the definition of "limping" last year.

The year they finished the "strongest"....

Superb point.
Don't tell me you are SF101 of dabods?

Extra Stout
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Were you out of the country this time last year? The Spurs finished the season 20-13, Tim Duncan literally limped into the playoffs, and about this time Pop was conceding HCA to the Suns.

manu2023
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
every year coach pop does this he rests the stars and then when playoff time comes all the starters are ready to play

Leetonidas
04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Our last games:

Dallas
Memphis
Seattle
Orlando
@ Minnesota
Utah
@ Houston

My predicitons:

Dallas - W
Memphis - W
Seattle - W
Orlando - W
@ Minnesota - W
Utah - W
@ Houston - L...could go both ways. Van Gundy may sit Yao, but I'm willing to bet Manu and Tim won't play in this game.

Final record: 64-18

ALVAREZ6
04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
It seemed like we just didn't give a shit last night.

The Kings hit how many un-contested threes?????

I couldn't stand it, our D sucked.