PDA

View Full Version : The Bibby head butt on Parker

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 10:38 AM
ESPN did not show the replay during the telecast. Was it a cheapshot?

Also when Tony went down clasping his leg. Cheapshot or just good hard foul?

ESPN coverage sucks.

v2000
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
ESPN did not show the replay during the telecast. Was it a cheapshot?

Also when Tony went down clasping his leg. Cheapshot or just good hard foul?

ESPN coverage sucks.
he didnt headbutt him. Tony flopped.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 11:04 AM
bibby used his arm to clear him out. tony may have flopped, but it was still a foul.

SenorSpur
04-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Mavs will get flopped on Friday

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 11:08 AM

What is your story on how the head gash appeared?

Bring on the Mavs.

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
bibby used his arm to clear him out. tony may have flopped, but it was still a foul.

So Tonys head hit the floor after the arm clear?

How 'bout the other play when Tony went to the floor clutching his leg? What brought that on?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Tony's leg = just came down wrong.

On his head, I believe he fell into a camera under the basket.

v2000
04-06-2006, 12:19 PM

i believe you are right, cuz if i recall, he had a bad fall the play earlier on the offensive end, and fell into a guy or something, because there is no way that falling on his butt could have caused a head wound.

v2000
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
everyone does that, but bibby didnt fully extend his arm, and that is why they didnt call that. Parker does that at least 10 times a game.

v2000
04-06-2006, 12:21 PM
What is your story on how the head gash appeared?

Bring on the Mavs.
if i recall, he fell on the play right before that, into a cameraman or something, like aggiehoopsfan said.

Mixability
04-06-2006, 01:05 PM

when doesn't Tony come down wrong? i swear 90% of the time after a layup, he ends up on the floor. :lol

BigVee
04-06-2006, 01:20 PM
everyone does that, but bibby didnt fully extend his arm, and that is why they didnt call that. Parker does that at least 10 times a game.

Which is about 5 times less than Dirk does. Ahole.

island_dude
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
What's the point of calling somone an a-hole just because they made a true statement? Sheesh you guys are uptight! :madrun

BigVee
04-06-2006, 01:33 PM
What's the point of calling somone an a-hole just because they made a true statement? Sheesh you guys are uptight! :madrun

His statement is true because...why? He said it. Okay, then my statment is true. I don't believe to be true, just a cheap shot at Parker. Therefore he is an ahole. Tough

kskonn
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM

I am not uptight about it. Every point guard, shooting guard and face up forward does that about 85% of the time they touch the ball. The only guys that do not do it that often are back to the basket post players.

But yea Tony and Kobe have to be the leaders in the leauge when it comes to using their off arm. When both of them put the ball on the floor their arms almost pop up in front of them by default.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't think Tony hurt his head on a headbutt, camera, or the floor. I thought he got the cut from being clubbed on the top of the head.

Almost off topic: Last night we were at PF Chang's and sitting at the table next to us was Manu, Oberto, and eight other people. Shortly after we were seated, Tony came in with his brother and went into the restroom. Then came out and left.

I thought it was funny that he stopped at PF Chang's on the way home to use the restroom. There was a huge accident on the freeway that stopped traffic right by the exit to PF Chang's, so I assume that's why he got off there.

island_dude
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
His statement is true because...why? He said it. Okay, then my statment is true. I don't believe to be true, just a cheap shot at Parker. Therefore he is an ahole. Tough
His statement is true because it's a known fact that Parker does that with regularity. If he gets away with it then good for him, and yes Dirk does it as well. Every offensive minded player tries to get away with it form time to time.
I guess if it makes someone an a-hole for pointing it out then I'm an a-hole as well. There you win!

leemajors
04-06-2006, 01:49 PM
His statement is true because it's a known fact that Parker does that with regularity. If he gets away with it then good for him, and yes Dirk does it as well. Every offensive minded player tries to get away with it form time to time.
I guess if it makes someone an a-hole for pointing it out then I'm an a-hole as well. There you win!

v2000 is making a point to be a dick because the spurs lost. just because parker does it too doesn't mean it's not a foul.

CubanMustGo
04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I guess if it makes someone an a-hole for pointing it out then I'm an a-hole as well.

No, you're a-holes because you're Mavs fans posting on a Spurs forum. :lol

nkdlunch
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM
when doesn't Tony come down wrong? i swear 90% of the time after a layup, he ends up on the floor. :lol

yup but Antonio Daniels is the king of ending up on the floor

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 01:54 PM
I don't think Tony hurt his head on a headbutt, camera, or the floor. I thought he got the cut from being clubbed on the top of the head.

Any idea who the clubee was?
Legit D or cheapshot?

ESPN reported the Spurs docs were gonna glue the gash shut. New stitchless medical procedure.

island_dude
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
No, you're a-holes because you're Mavs fans posting on a Spurs forum. :lol
:rolleyes

v2000
04-06-2006, 01:58 PM
what does that have to do with anything? 9 out of 10 layups, Parker jumps into someone, and pushes off in midair. Dirk had nothing to do with this, moron. You seriously lack debate skill.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
That was the stupidest shit ive ever heard.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Almost off topic: Last night we were at PF Chang's and sitting at the table next to us was Manu, Oberto, and eight other people. Shortly after we were seated, Tony came in with his brother and went into the restroom. Then came out and left.

I thought it was funny that he stopped at PF Chang's on the way home to use the restroom. There was a huge accident on the freeway that stopped traffic right by the exit to PF Chang's, so I assume that's why he got off there.
no one clubbed Parker on the head.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:14 PM
v2000 is making a point to be a dick because the spurs lost. just because parker does it too doesn't mean it's not a foul.
that made absolutely no sense. im just saying, people need to quit bitching about it when their own player does that more than just about any PG in the league.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 02:15 PM
no one clubbed Parker on the head.

Were you at the game? I was.

Were you in the Spurs locker room afterward? I was.

I didn't see you.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Were you at the game? I was.
looking at your lack of knowledge of the game, im not taking your word for anything. and i dont recall him being CLUBBED. i do remember him being hit in the head, but not where he got that cut. he got hit in the NOSE. quite a big difference from the top of the head, smartass.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I said

I thought he got the cut from being clubbed on the top of the head.

because that's what I was told in the Spurs locker room last night.

I figured if anyone should know for sure what happened, it would be Pop, Tony and the Spurs staff. I should have known a Mavs fan would know better.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
it makes just as much sense as mark cuban complaining about yao setting moving screens when dirk does nothing but that. i don't understand why you are bitching about spurs fans bitching on a spurs board. you don't have to read the thread, it's obvious what people are going to say. tony doesn't do it any more than anyone else, he just drives with his head down.

Fabbs
04-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I said

I figured if anyone should know for sure what happened, it would be Pop, Tony and the Spurs staff. I should have known a Mavs fan would know better.

Kori,

Since VBandwidthWaster hasn't informed us yet, did Pop, Tony or Spurs staff let you know who the clubee was/what they thought of the play?

Phenomanul
04-06-2006, 02:25 PM

Did Tony see that Manu and Oberto were there... or did he just come in to use the restroom and didn't know that they were there at all???

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Kori,

Since VBandwidthWaster hasn't informed us yet, did Pop, Tony or Spurs staff let you know who the clubee was/what they thought of the play?

No they didn't talk about it. Tony was still getting treatment at that time and didn't talk to the media.

Clubbed on a drive to the basket, Parker left the game with a gash on the top of his head. Instead of stitches, the team's medical staff used glue to close it.

The cut further symbolized the back-to-back pain the Spurs have endured this season.

Kori Ellis
Did Tony see that Manu and Oberto were there... or did he just come in to use the restroom and didn't know that they were there at all???

I don't think Tony saw them.

kskonn

Hey I was at PF changs except I was eating at the Bar. I did see Manu and Oberto but not TP. That is funny that he stopped in just to use the bathroom, when you got to go you got to go.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey I was at PF changs except I was eating at the Bar. I did see Manu and Oberto but not TP. That is funny that he stopped in just to use the bathroom, when you got to go you got to go.

We were in the booth in the corner next to Manu's table.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I said

Well, i watched every second of that game, and I had never seen him get CLUBBED on the fucking head. He may have gotten hit by accident, but he wasnt CLUBBED. gosh, do you spurs fans have to fucking exaggerate every damn thing?

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:30 PM
it makes just as much sense as mark cuban complaining about yao setting moving screens when dirk does nothing but that. i don't understand why you are bitching about spurs fans bitching on a spurs board. you don't have to read the thread, it's obvious what people are going to say. tony doesn't do it any more than anyone else, he just drives with his head down.
ok. you still dont make sense.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Kori,

oh wow, that was ALMOST barely clever!!! keep it up! try harder, then maybe you will barely be clever one day. almost as clever as that Koriknowledgeless Ellis.

Phenomanul
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't think Tony saw them.

You are the :princess that unites their worlds and they don't even know it.

Off course, Tony was probably on his way to seeing his own princess....

timvp
Is there any type of human dumber than a Mav fan? It'll be nice to destroy that soft ass team tomorrow.

Kori Ellis
Well, i watched every second of that game, and I had never seen him get CLUBBED on the fucking head. He may have gotten hit by accident, but he wasnt CLUBBED. gosh, do you spurs fans have to fucking exaggerate every damn thing?

No one said it was an intentional foul to hurt him or that it was a cheap shot.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
ok. you still dont make sense.

i'm not surprised, seeing as who i am arguing with.

Phenomanul
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
oh wow, that was ALMOST barely clever!!! keep it up! try harder, then maybe you will barely be clever one day. almost as clever as that Koriknowledgeless Ellis.

You are about to get :ban:

Kori tolerates many things... but incessant stubborness is not one of them...

kskonn
04-06-2006, 02:37 PM

I wish i would have noticed you guys I would have introduced my self.

Also I thought I saw Tony get clubbed on that play where he turned the ball over. He jumped in the air around the free throw line and then got hammered to the ground. the play after that the refs stopped the game for blood.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:37 PM
i'm not surprised, seeing as who i am arguing with.
wow, how clever. if you are going to insult, make it clever and insulting.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
You are about to get :ban:

Kori tolerates many things... but incessant stubborness is not one of them...
doesnt really matter to me. i simply pointed out that she lacks knowledge of basketball.

Phenomanul
04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
v2000 is not mouse... is he?

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I wish i would have noticed you guys I would have introduced my self.

Also I thought I saw Tony get clubbed on that play where he turned the ball over. He jumped in the air around the free throw line and then got hammered to the ground. the play after that the refs stopped the game for blood.
no, they stopped it after he flopped when bibby bumped into him when driving, then hit a jumper.

Don't hate because you are jealous of our trophy case.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/02/02-10-04tdc/02-10-04dnews-07s.jpg

leemajors
04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
mouse is usually pretty funny. apparently v2000 thinks being clever is appending *knowledgeless to someone's first name. the trophy case was quite funny though.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
no, they stopped it after he flopped when bibby bumped into him when driving, then hit a jumper.

Don't hate because you are jealous of our trophy case.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/02/02-10-04tdc/02-10-04dnews-07s.jpg
:lol

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL

that is actually pretty funny. so how are you hacking into the system, timvp?

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
LOL

that is actually pretty funny. so how are you hacking into the system, timvp?

Hacking?

timvp and I own the site.

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:51 PM
ok, well i didnt know he was a part of it. either way, he is fucking with my posts.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 02:52 PM
it's his system...

v2000
04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
yes, you are.

spurschick
04-06-2006, 02:59 PM
:corn:

Sounds like a lot of people were at PF Chang's last night. :lol Two of my co-workers went there after the game and got Tony's autograph when he walked in.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
:corn:

Sounds like a lot of people were at PF Chang's last night. :lol Two of my co-workers went there after the game and got Tony's autograph when he walked in.

Yeah Tony signed like 10 autographs when he was trying to walk out of the place. People were really pushy for being in an eatery. Usually Spurs don't get bothered that much when they are out.

timvp
04-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Sounds like a lot of people were at PF Chang's last night.

I can tell you one person who wasn't . . .

spurschick
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah Tony signed like 10 autographs when he was trying to walk out of the place. People were really pushy for being in an eatery. Usually Spurs don't get bothered that much when they are out.

From what I understand, my fellow co-worker, who should have known better, stopped Tony when he came in. Others saw him sign the autograph and followed suit. I haven't said anything to him, but I don't think it was appropriate for him to do that.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
From what I understand, my fellow co-worker, who should have known better, stopped Tony when he came in. Others saw him sign the autograph and followed suit. I haven't said anything to him, but I don't think it was appropriate for him to do that.

I didn't see anyone asking him when he walked in; I didn't see him walk in exactly. But when he came out of the restroom and was trying to walk out, someone stopped him every 2 steps or so. I see the Spurs out all the time and I never see them get bothered like that. No one came up to Manu/Fabri their whole meal though.

spurschick
04-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I didn't see anyone asking him when he walked in; I didn't see him walk in exactly. But when he came out of the restroom and was trying to walk out, someone stopped him every 2 steps or so. I see the Spurs out all the time and I never see them get bothered like that. No one came up to Manu/Fabri their whole meal though.

My co-workers were sitting at the bar, so it may have been when he walked out of the restroom. My other co-worker said that a chain reaction started once the initial autograph was given. Way to go asshole!!! As you can see, I don't really like this guy. He sits behind me.

queeniesuck
04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Tony flopped. Just like Manu always flopped. Everytime Manu has the ball, he feels that he needs to drive wrecklessy to the basket, and then when he gets close, flail around crazily to get the foul call. The Spurs is an NBA flop fest, how sad.

By the way, Kori Ellis, is that your real booby?!? :spin

CubanMustGo
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Good God. Can we put up a FAQ for all the Dallas newbies??

BigVee
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Good God. Can we put up a FAQ for all the Dallas newbies??

Why can't they just be banned? Nothing constuctive is ever offered. Comments are simply intended to try and annoy Spurs fans. There is no value added.

Solid D
04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
v2000 FYI

Click on this link at WOAI 1200 Radio/ Channel 4 TV site about 2/3 down the page re: Kori. I wouldn't underestimate her knowledge of basketball.

http://www.woai.com/spurs/

Bio (http://www.woai.com/bios/story.aspx?content_id=A3DB58DB-C0CD-4C17-AE4C-64FE2FDA4F51)

T Park
04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
hes a troll.

Who gives an F what the lowclass degenerate thinks.

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Why can't they just be banned? Nothing constuctive is ever offered. Comments are simply intended to try and annoy Spurs fans. There is no value added.
please... i never hear anything positive about the mavs from you bitches either, so shut the fuck up.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 04:23 PM
please... i never hear anything positive about the mavs from you bitches either, so shut the fuck up.

Simmer down.

From the beginning of the season, I (and many other people here) have said that the Mavs are a formidable opponent. Most people here are giving Dirk props for an MVP-like season. And everyone realizes that Avery has turned them into a team that actually plays D. So don't jump to conclusions.

I just don't know why you can't argue your points without cussing everyone out and calling them stupid.

spurschick
04-06-2006, 04:23 PM
:sleep

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:26 PM
v2000 FYI

Click on this link at WOAI 1200 Radio/ Channel 4 TV site about 2/3 down the page re: Kori. I wouldn't underestimate her knowledge of basketball.

http://www.woai.com/spurs/

Bio (http://www.woai.com/bios/story.aspx?content_id=A3DB58DB-C0CD-4C17-AE4C-64FE2FDA4F51)
yet, she says that without bowen, the Spurs would suck. lets get this straight... you have a great system, full of good players, including the best coach in the NBA, and the best PF of all time, and losing Bruce Bowen would make this team suck. what wonderful knowledge. yea, coaching little kids, and being a commentator instantly means you have great knowledge.

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Simmer down.

From the beginning of the season, I (and many other people here) have said that the Mavs are a formidable opponent. Most people here are giving Dirk props for an MVP-like season. And everyone realizes that Avery has turned them into a team that actually plays D. So don't jump to conclusions.

I just don't know why you can't argue your points without cussing everyone out and calling them stupid.
most SPURS fans have said that Dirk is a candidate, but not very high. some have even said Parker is a higher candidate. and ive seen quite a few people still calling them the "allas" mavs. so dont say that EVERYONE has said that stuff. and dont give me shit for cussing. look at your own little punks in this forum. they say far worse crap than ive ever said. why dont you tell them to "simmer down" as well? oh yea, i forgot... its because im a MAVS fan. if I was a spurs fan, i could call you a bitch, and you wouldnt give a shit.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 04:31 PM
most SPURS fans have said that Dirk is a candidate, but not very high. some have even said Parker is a higher candidate. and ive seen quite a few people still calling them the "allas" mavs. so dont say that EVERYONE has said that stuff. and dont give me shit for cussing. look at your own little punks in this forum. they say far worse crap than ive ever said. why dont you tell them to "simmer down" as well? oh yea, i forgot... its because im a MAVS fan. if I was a spurs fan, i could call you a bitch, and you wouldnt give a shit.

People who say _allas Mavs are either stupid or just trying to get the goat of Mavs fans.

I tell the obnoxious Spurs fans to simmer down all the time.

Obnoxious is obnoxious; it doesn't matter what team you root for.

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
People who say _allas Mavs are either stupid or just trying to get the goat of Mavs fans.

I tell the obnoxious Spurs fans to simmer down all the time.

Obnoxious is obnoxious; it doesn't matter what team you root for.
ok, with all the completely unwarranted insults ive recieved, how come you NEVER told any of them to stop? as i thought...

Solid D
04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
yet, she says that without bowen, the Spurs would suck. lets get this straight... you have a great system, full of good players, including the best coach in the NBA, and the best PF of all time, and losing Bruce Bowen would make this team suck. what wonderful knowledge.

It has made a big difference, in the past, when Bowen went down with a broken hand two or three years ago. They lost more games than they won during that stretch. I know the team has changed out a few players since then but that team back then was good enough (during Stephen Jackson's tenure with the Spurs) to be among the best.

spurschick
04-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Kori, what ever you're on today to have such patience with this guy, I want some. :drunk

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:36 PM
It has made a big difference, in the past, when Bowen went down with a broken hand two or three years ago. They lost more games than they won during that stretch. I know the team has changed out a few players since then but that team back then was good enough (during Stephen Jackson's tenure with the Spurs) to be among the best.
he missed games in the 2001-2002 year, when the lakers won their third straight. that was a far different team than they are now.

angel_luv
04-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Ah, that's cool. :fro

BigVee
04-06-2006, 04:38 PM

Why on earth would you expect something positive about the Mavericks on a Spurs forum? I couldn't care less about your team and would never consider voicing any opinion on a Mavs forum. Why? My only conclusion is to try and stir people up. So, back to my original take, you are an asshole. Didn't call the Mavs assholes, just you. Go away.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 04:38 PM
With Tim and Manu struggling for most of the season, its my opinion that if Bowen wasn't here, the team would suck defensively. If they sucked defensively, they wouldn't have a good record.

That's just my opinion. You can disagree with it, but you've been calling me stupid for the last 3 pages, so everyone knows how you feel about it.

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
With Tim and Manu struggling for most of the season, its my opinion that if Bowen wasn't here, the team would suck defensively. If they sucked defensively, they wouldn't have a good record.

That's just my opinion. You can disagree with it, but you've been calling me stupid for the last 3 pages, so everyone knows how you feel about it.
did i say that? show me where I called you stupid. I simply said you lack basketball knowledge. you obviously have an understanding of the game, but to a certain extent. and thats fine if its your opinion, but it clearly has no true backing. And Tim and Manu are not struggling. Their numbers are BARELY down. Timmy hasnt played quite as well, but is still playing at a very high level. Manu looks the same to me. Just cuz he played well in the playoffs doesnt mean hes going to be awesome all the time. Antonio Daniels was awesome last year in the playoffs, but hasnt done much this year.

v2000
04-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Why on earth would you expect something positive about the Mavericks on a Spurs forum? I couldn't care less about your team and would never consider voicing any opinion on a Mavs forum. Why? My only conclusion is to try and stir people up. So, back to my original take, you are an asshole. Didn't call the Mavs assholes, just you. Go away.
why on earth would you expect something positive about the Spurs from a Mavericks fan? its the same thing moron.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
did i say that? show me where I called you stupid. I simply said you lack basketball knowledge. you obviously have an understanding of the game, but to a certain extent. and thats fine if its your opinion, but it clearly has no true backing. And Tim and Manu are not struggling. Their numbers are BARELY down. Timmy hasnt played quite as well, but is still playing at a very high level. Manu looks the same to me. Just cuz he played well in the playoffs doesnt mean hes going to be awesome all the time. Antonio Daniels was awesome last year in the playoffs, but hasnt done much this year.

Manu and Tim haven't struggled this year???

Okay cool. If you think that then I guess that's just something we'll disagree on. I thought it was pretty obvious how much they've struggled. Particularly Tim defensively.

T Park
04-06-2006, 04:56 PM
on earth would you expect something positive about the Spurs from a Mavericks fan? its the same thing moron.
Offline | Online

Go play out in the traffic.

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 04:56 PM
I can tell you one person who wasn't . . .

:depressed

T Park
04-06-2006, 04:59 PM
^^ :rollin

BigVee
04-06-2006, 05:01 PM
why on earth would you expect something positive about the Spurs from a Mavericks fan? its the same thing moron.
Just how stupid are you? It is not the same thing....you are on a Spurs site. You don't see the difference? That explains a lot about your opinions. I thought you were just deliberately being annoying, didn't realize you were an idiot.

Solid D
04-06-2006, 05:10 PM
he missed games in the 2001-2002 year, when the lakers won their third straight. that was a far different team than they are now.

The team went 6-8 while Bowen was out and they went on to win 58 games that year, even with the 14-game stretch of bad fortune. Spare me.

T Park
04-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Spurs,

for the love of god,

play the game of your lives friday night.....

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Manu and Tim haven't struggled this year???

Okay cool. If you think that then I guess that's just something we'll disagree on. I thought it was pretty obvious how much they've struggled. Particularly Tim defensively.
of course they arent playing as well as they can, but they are not struggling as much as you say... or at least Ginobili. maybe you guys just need to accept that Ginobili is not as good as you all thought he would end up being.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Just how stupid are you? It is not the same thing....you are on a Spurs site. You don't see the difference? That explains a lot about your opinions. I thought you were just deliberately being annoying, didn't realize you were an idiot.
Pardon me, but you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn what you think.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
The team went 6-8 while Bowen was out and they went on to win 58 games that year, even with the 14-game stretch of bad fortune. Spare me.
yea, then they got their asses owned by the Lakers. didnt they get swept that year?

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Spurs,

for the love of god,

play the game of your lives friday night.....
T Park,

for the love of god,

kindly shut the hell up.....

leemajors
04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
the mavs haven't really struggled with injuries this year either...

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 05:32 PM
of course they arent playing as well as they can, but they are not struggling as much as you say... or at least Ginobili. maybe you guys just need to accept that Ginobili is not as good as you all thought he would end up being.

Ginobili has told me himself several times this season that he's struggling a lot because he doesn't have the lift or explosiveness due to nagging injuries. You don't have to believe it, but that's the case. He seems to be come around lately though. And hopefully he'll be fine in the 2nd round so he can enjoy the Spurs kicking the Mavs' ass to the fullest. :)

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:32 PM
the mavs haven't really struggled with injuries this year either...
hahaha, you think you are smart as hell, dont you? haha, but there is a BIG difference between players playing in games, and players missing in games. we have had players missing games. so shut the hell up.

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
yea, then they got their asses owned by the Lakers. didnt they get swept that year?
i know your not talking about getting eliminated from the playoffs. :lol just like my kings you have no ring so why are you talking crap? you got your asses owned by the suns last year in the second round and its probably gonna happen again. you have a great team and they MIGHT win it all this year but until you do i think you should go back to a mavs board.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
i know your not talking about getting eliminated from the playoffs. :lol just like my kings you have no ring so why are you talking crap? you got your asses owned by the suns last year in the second round and its probably gonna happen again. you have a great team and they MIGHT win it all this year but until you do i think you should go back to a mavs board.
i simply pointed out a fact. they got their asses kicked by the lakers. its not like having bowen back during the regular season would have changed the outcome. the lakers were simply the most dominant team during those years. that was my point.

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Ginobili has told me himself several times this season that he's struggling a lot because he doesn't have the lift or explosiveness due to nagging injuries. You don't have to believe it, but that's the case. He seems to be come around lately though. And hopefully he'll be fine in the 2nd round so he can enjoy the Spurs kicking the Mavs' ass to the fullest. :)
if your a mod how in the hell did you not ban him yet? you have great patience.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
if your a mod how in the hell did you not ban him yet? you have great patience.
because i havent done anything worth getting banned for, other than being a mavs fan. one time, she banned like 5 people just because they were all mavs fans that knew each other from another board, and one of them, who wasnt even a mavs fan, was actually a lakers fan, started to talk trash, so she banned them all.

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
i simply pointed out a fact. they got their asses kicked by the lakers. its not like having bowen back during the regular season would have changed the outcome. the lakers were simply the most dominant team during those years. that was my point.
well if thats what you meant then i guess it was a good point but i still dont know why you wanna piss off the spurs fans. all they have done is win three titles in the last seven years and eliminated the mavs in the process if i remember correctly.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
because i havent done anything worth getting banned for, other than being a mavs fan. one time, she banned like 5 people just because they were all mavs fans that knew each other from another board, and one of them, who wasnt even a mavs fan, was actually a lakers fan, started to talk trash, so she banned them all.

That's not why the group was banned. So let's not re-hash it. Thanks.

ducks
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
you are lucky if this was a different site you would have been OUT OF HERE along time ago

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 05:39 PM
damn i better be careful then. because i have been banned from a whole bunch of forums including kingsfans.com. :lol for calling peja soft all the time when he was still on the team.

v2000
That's not why the group was banned. So let's not re-hash it. Thanks.
uhh, yea it was.

Dunc
With ya there, Ron Ron. V2000, you don't seem to realize that this is a *Spurs* board. It's not an NBA board, so if you expect anybody to respect anything you say, you're going to have to give the Spurs their due props. You can't just come in and trash the team and the fans (and the moderator and owner of the site... lol, Kori and LJ, i'm impressed. i would have banned this guy awhile ago) and expect anybody to give a shit about anything you say.

Solid D

If that was your point, then why has your attention span drifted? You were debating whether the Spurs sucked without Bowen, which basically has nothing to do with the Lakers. We'd like your full attention here if you are going to convince anyone you are not just a troll.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 05:41 PM
hahaha, you think you are smart as hell, dont you? haha, but there is a BIG difference between players playing in games, and players missing in games. we have had players missing games. so shut the hell up.

the big difference to you is that if they play hurt they obviously aren't limited much by injury. you're way too easy to provoke.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
you are lucky if this was a different site you would have been OUT OF HERE along time ago
no, ive been to quite a few others, and never got banned. ive been to a Jazz board, Suns board, Sixers board, Heat board, Cavs board, and a Bobcats board. i usually just go when our teams are playing each other, but all those fans have been a lot more knowledgable, and less biased than this board. and they dont get their asses wadded up in a knot and insult people 1000 times if you say ONE thing negative, but true about their team.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:43 PM
With ya there, Ron Ron. V2000, you don't seem to realize that this is a *Spurs* board. It's not an NBA board, so if you expect anybody to respect anything you say, you're going to have to give the Spurs their due props. You can't just come in and trash the team and the fans (and the moderator and owner of the site... lol, Kori and LJ, i'm impressed. i would have banned this guy awhile ago) and expect anybody to give a shit about anything you say.
uhh, i have given them the props they deserve. Tim Duncan is a hell of a player, and is the face of the franchise. Pop is the best coach in the NBA, and they have a GREAT system and great defense.

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
If that was your point, then why has your attention span drifted? You were debating whether the Spurs sucked without Bowen, which basically has nothing to do with the Lakers. We'd like your full attention here if you are going to convince anyone you are not just a troll.
that made no sense. I said with or without Bowen, the spurs are still a good team. back then, they were still a good team. not nearly as good as the lakers were, and not quite as good as they are now, but still good.

what is your point?

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
the big difference to you is that if they play hurt they obviously aren't limited much by injury. you're way too easy to provoke.
not as much as if they werent playing. lets see, what would you rather have... Duncan playing fairly well, and leading the team to possibly their best record in franchise history, or him sitting out and the Spurs sucking ass? geez, just think before you say dumb shit like that man...

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
With ya there, Ron Ron. V2000, you don't seem to realize that this is a *Spurs* board. It's not an NBA board, so if you expect anybody to respect anything you say, you're going to have to give the Spurs their due props. You can't just come in and trash the team and the fans (and the moderator and owner of the site... lol, Kori and LJ, i'm impressed. i would have banned this guy awhile ago) and expect anybody to give a shit about anything you say. i agree. if the mods let all of this go then a whole bunch of trolls are gonna come on your board and it will be even worse. can you imagine all of the trolls coming to the spurs board if the mavs win tomorrow? it will be a troll holiday.

T Park
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
uhh, yea it was.

Don't like it? Don't post here.

That simple asshat.

leemajors
04-06-2006, 05:52 PM
not as much as if they werent playing. lets see, what would you rather have... Duncan playing fairly well, and leading the team to possibly their best record in franchise history, or him sitting out and the Spurs sucking ass? geez, just think before you say dumb shit like that man...

duncan is playing poorly. you are the one spouting dumb shit. is this proof enough for you?

Tim Duncan had only 11 points and six rebounds in 31 minutes in San Antonio's home loss to Sacramento. It was the sixth game this season in which Duncan played at least 30 minutes, scored fewer than 15 points and grabbed single-digit rebounds. Over the previous five seasons, Duncan had only one such game (Feb. 20, 2003).

i would say that stat is a pretty good indication of how limited he has been this year. your takes are just wack and unfounded.

spurschick
04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
i usually just go when our teams are playing each other, but all those fans have been a lot more knowledgable, and less biased than this board. and they dont get their asses wadded up in a knot and insult people 1000 times if you say ONE thing negative, but true about their team.

If you don't like it, then why are you here?

Phenomanul
04-06-2006, 05:57 PM
i agree. if the mods let all of this go then a whole bunch of trolls are gonna come on your board and it will be even worse. can you imagine all of the trolls coming to the spurs board if the mavs win tomorrow? it will be a troll holiday.

Not going to happen...

The Spurs are going to :nutkick: the Mavs.... book it!

v2000
04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
duncan is playing poorly. you are the one spouting dumb shit. is this proof enough for you?

Tim Duncan had only 11 points and six rebounds in 31 minutes in San Antonio's home loss to Sacramento. It was the sixth game this season in which Duncan played at least 30 minutes, scored fewer than 15 points and grabbed single-digit rebounds. Over the previous five seasons, Duncan had only one such game (Feb. 20, 2003).

i would say that stat is a pretty good indication of how limited he has been this year. your takes are just wack and unfounded.
sure, hes not playing quite as well, but he is still better than almost all other PFs in the league. the only PFs playing better than him right now is Dirk, Brand, and at times, Garnett. but he still does stuff that none of those guys can do.

v2000
Don't like it? Don't post here.

That simple asshat.
No.

v2000
Because I feel like it.

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 05:59 PM

Because apparently the quality of conversation was so bad at MavsTalk that there is very little activity. I really can't imagine how that could possibly have happened. :spin

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Because apparently the quality of conversation was so bad at MavsTalk that there is very little activity. I really can't imagine how that could possibly have happened. :spinactually im not from mavs talk at all.

T Park
04-06-2006, 06:01 PM
^^^

:LOL owned as usual

No.

Did you fold your arms, close your eyes and stick your tounge out as you said that?

Spurologist
04-06-2006, 06:05 PM
v2000 might me going through some rough times right now. Dumped? Divorce? Fired? I understand. What you are displaying is displaced anger (v2000, seek dictionary if you are confused). Perhaps phychiatric help would suit you better. I have found a website for you. Feel free to explore the many benefits that a psychiatrist can offer.

http://www.find-a-therapist.com/

Good Luck!!

polandprzem
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM

eeee kurwa

Do not translate it

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
^^^

:LOL owned as usual

Did you fold your arms, close your eyes and stick your tounge out as you said that?

did you have a dick up your bloody ass as you said that?

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
v2000 might me going through some rough times right now. Dumped? Divorce? Fired? I understand. What you are displaying is displaced anger (v2000, seek dictionary if you are confused). Perhaps phychiatric help would suit you better. I have found a website for you. Feel free to explore the many benefits that a psychiatrist can offer.

http://www.find-a-therapist.com/

Good Luck!!
HAHAHAHA!!! that was ALMOST funny.

Spurologist
04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! that was ALMOST funny.

just trying to help you man/brotha/homie. that's how i do.

Solid D
04-06-2006, 06:20 PM
that made no sense. I said with or without Bowen, the spurs are still a good team. back then, they were still a good team. not nearly as good as the lakers were, and not quite as good as they are now, but still good.

what is your point?

This was my point.

I gave you some facts, 6-8 .429 without Bowen, that the Spurs were not as good without Bruce. They were 52-16 .765 with Bruce. They weren't very good defensively without him.

exstatic
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Dumbass - She's media credentialed, and runs this place. This is her and timvp's (her husband) board. Tread lightly.

T Park
04-06-2006, 06:22 PM
did you have a dick up your bloody ass as you said that?

an uppity englishman.

Shoulda known.

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:28 PM
This was my point.

I gave you some facts, 6-8 .429 without Bowen, that the Spurs were not as good without Bruce. They were 52-16 .765 with Bruce. They weren't very good defensively without him.
yea, back then. they are a very different team now. that was my point.

ducks
no, ive been to quite a few others, and never got banned. ive been to a Jazz board, Suns board, Sixers board, Heat board, Cavs board, and a Bobcats board. i usually just go when our teams are playing each other, but all those fans have been a lot more knowledgable, and less biased than this board. and they dont get their asses wadded up in a knot and insult people 1000 times if you say ONE thing negative, but true about their team.

I was talking about a different spur board

v2000
Dumbass - She's media credentialed, and runs this place. This is her and timvp's (her husband) board. Tread lightly.
And i give a damn, because??? Oh thats right... I DONT.

exstatic
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
See ya.

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I was talking about a different spur board
ok. well, i still post here because i can, and because i feel like it. got a problem with that?

v2000
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM
an uppity englishman.

Shoulda known.
an insult that is not insulting.

Shoulda known.

T Park
04-06-2006, 07:26 PM
i still post here because i can, and because i feel like it

you still post here because Kori enjoys seeing morons hang themselves.

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
ok. well, i still post here because i can, and because i feel like it. got a problem with that?

Why do I think of:

http://kwoodham.net/blosxom/images/db_8_06_2.JPG

whenever someone says that? :lol :lol

T Park
04-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I know you are but what am I? :lol

smeagol
04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
First it was LakerGod, then it was wolves009 and now it's v2000. It's fun to have posters like you. Unless he gets too offensive, I say keep the bozo around (that is if he shows his stupid face after friday).

v2000
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
you still post here because Kori enjoys seeing morons hang themselves.
no, i post here to own and put morons like you in your place.

v2000
04-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Why do I think of:

http://kwoodham.net/blosxom/images/db_8_06_2.JPG

whenever someone says that? :lol :lol
uhhm... because you're an idiot?

v2000
04-06-2006, 09:29 PM
First it was LakerGod, then it was wolves009 and now it's v2000. It's fun to have posters like you. Unless he gets too offensive, I say keep the bozo around (that is if he shows his stupid face after friday).
dont worry ill be here, win or lose. im a good sport. thats cool. at least you understand the value of having bizzare posters in a forum. without goofy posters, forums would be boring. so I have appointed myself as the head "enemy" of this forum. GO MAVS!!!

smeagol
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
My suggestion to you, MavsFan, is to bring some takes. Kori is a nice lady and runs this forum flawlessly. She hardly ever bans people (on any other bball forums, you would be banned by now). And you have insulted her many times, which was uncalled for.

v2000
04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
My suggestion to you, MavsFan, is to bring some takes. Kori is a nice lady and runs this forum flawlessly. She hardly ever bans people (on any other bball forums, you would be banned by now). And you have insulted her many times, which was uncalled for.
you are right. my apologies Kori. while I dont agree with quite a bit of your opinions (as well as most other posters here), I shouldnt have been quite this disrespectful.

Sacramental
04-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Bibby didn't do it on purpose obviously. But off topic, I think Bibby is a better pg than Tony Parker. Bibby has multiple choices to go to on offense, when Parker is being denied in the paint, his game is off. Bibby should be an all-star over 20 ppg, over 5 assists...not to mention he's clutch as hell.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Bibby has multiple choices to go to on offense, when Parker is being denied in the paint, his game is off.

That used to be true. His jumper is much better now. We'll see how he does in the postseason.

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
uhhm... because you're an idiot?

No, the only thing missing off this post:

well, i still post here because i can, and because i feel like it. got a problem with that?

is the "nanny-nanny-boo-boo-you-can't-get-me!"

Blah. Blah.

v2000
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
No, the only thing missing off this post:

is the "nanny-nanny-boo-boo-you-can't-get-me!"

Blah. Blah.
u r smoking too much crack.

smeagol
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM
v2000 continues making friends on the forum, pissing of the nicest posters around. First Kori, then SW . . . you just need to piss off Solid, FWD, hegamboa , Mikey and most of the lady posters (1P1, Angel, Rashofan and all others) and you are done.

Keep it up!

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM

No, I'm all out ... got any?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-06-2006, 10:37 PM
No, I'm all out ... got any?

Why, yes, yes I do...

SpursWoman
04-06-2006, 11:30 PM
:angel

I don't profess to be a basketball guru, but common sense would tell me that a team that somehow became without the services one of the top candidates for DPOY for the last few years running would suffer somewhat. He is incredibly important to this team.

And Ginobili has actually played with injuries, yes, but he's also missed 14 games this season so far.

RON ARTEST
04-06-2006, 11:54 PM
That used to be true..no thats still true. his jumper might be better but its still awful. bibby is a WAY better shooter and can get in the paint also. he doesnt go to the paint as much as parker but he can get there when he wants.

Spurologist
04-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Bibby didn't do it on purpose obviously. But off topic, I think Bibby is a better pg than Tony Parker. Bibby has multiple choices to go to on offense, when Parker is being denied in the paint, his game is off. Bibby should be an all-star over 20 ppg, over 5 assists...not to mention he's clutch as hell.

welcome to the forum, but Please don't get too high off of bibby's good game newbie. Tp has clearly outclassed and outplayed bibby in their head to head matchups. Bibby has to play well for SAC because they need his points. Bibby plays more minutes yet there is only a 2 pt differential in scoring compared to tp. Tp shoots it at 55%. Bibby 43%. tp also averages more assists per game. Bibby has been the same player for many years, while tp is starting to use his untapped potential. His jump shot is a lot better and that has made him consistent and impossible to guard. You could make a case for bibby 2 yrs ago, but it's not even close now.

TP >>>> Bibby.

cs100
04-07-2006, 12:46 AM
welcome to the forum, but Please don't get too high off of bibby's good game newbie. Tp has clearly outclassed and outplayed bibby in their head to head matchups. Bibby has to play well for SAC because they need his points. Bibby plays more minutes yet there is only a 2 pt differential in scoring compared to tp. Tp shoots it at 55%. Bibby 43%. tp also averages more assists per game. Bibby has been the same player for many years, while tp is starting to use his untapped potential. His jump shot is a lot better and that has made him consistent and impossible to guard. You could make a case for bibby 2 yrs ago, but it's not even close now.

TP >>>> Bibby.

Good post. :tu

Solid D
04-07-2006, 01:03 AM
I didn't see the game last night. I was in a meeting, but I did watch the DVR replay of the game tonight. Tony Parker received the gash to his head at the 7:37 mark of the 4th quarter. It was during the lame series of muffed 2 on 1 breaks the teams exchanged. The Kings collapsed 4 into the lane, with Wells sagging way off of Finley as usual, and stole the ball from TP and went 2 on 1. Finley stole the ball and got it to Bruce Bowen who traded passes with Tony uptempo 2 on 1 with Brad Miller defending. Brad broke up the play and came down with his elbow (it appeared non-malicious and inadvertent) onto the top of Tony's head. Tony immediately recoiled and grabbed the top of his head but then kept playing.

That's how he got gashed.

As for our new entry to the Forum v2000 and your debating skills, it's not very impressive. If you are still in formation of your style and way with people, I would like to see the good side in you at some point. If most of your responses end with cutting down the the person you address, in order to make yourself look better...that technique fades and exposes an actual weakness. You might be better off with a more balanced approach and tighten up your spelling, sentence structure and punctuation a bit to show people you have what it takes to be successful in effectively communicating your ideas with adults as well as young people.

That's just some food for thought for the long haul.

T Park
04-07-2006, 01:19 AM
As for our new entry to the Forum v2000 and your debating skills, it's not very impressive. If you are still in formation of your style and way with people, I would like to see the good side in you at some point. If most of your responses end with cutting down the the person you address, in order to make yourself look better...that technique fades and exposes an actual weakness. You might be better off with a more balanced approach and tighten up your spelling, sentence structure and punctuation a bit to show people you have what it takes to be successful in effectively communicating your ideas with adults as well as young people.

Thanks for the advice Solid! :)

atxrocker
04-07-2006, 02:06 AM
TP >>>> Bibby.

c'mon man, I gotta call bullshit on that one. Your stats apply to this season.. Bibby has been solid for several years and continues to impress. I am NOT talking down on TP like you do Mike, but he can be shut down with proper strategy. He can be owned, I.E last night. He became a non-factor. still, he is dangerous and aggressive. I like Tony. Just dont make bold statements against a CLUTCH player liKe Mike who is a vet and lit the spurs up last night. :lol

travis2
04-07-2006, 06:56 AM
I didn't see the game last night. I was in a meeting, but I did watch the DVR replay of the game tonight. Tony Parker received the gash to his head at the 7:37 mark of the 4th quarter. It was during the lame series of muffed 2 on 1 breaks the teams exchanged. The Kings collapsed 4 into the lane, with Wells sagging way off of Finley as usual, and stole the ball from TP and went 2 on 1. Finley stole the ball and got it to Bruce Bowen who traded passes with Tony uptempo 2 on 1 with Brad Miller defending. Brad broke up the play and came down with his elbow (it appeared non-malicious and inadvertent) onto the top of Tony's head. Tony immediately recoiled and grabbed the top of his head but then kept playing.

Pearls before swine, SolidD. Your attempts to educate Spurs fans who don't want to learn should have knocked that idealistic streak out of you by now. :lol

But the attempt was a good one. And even though I have long since given up hope for most others, it is nice to see someone cares about how to communicate effectively.

travis2
04-07-2006, 06:58 AM
So how about a vBookie on the over/under as to how long it will take for Kori to finally snap and ban vd2000....

v2000
04-07-2006, 08:15 AM
:angel

I don't profess to be a basketball guru, but common sense would tell me that a team that somehow became without the services one of the top candidates for DPOY for the last few years running would suffer somewhat. He is incredibly important to this team.

And Ginobili has actually played with injuries, yes, but he's also missed 14 games this season so far.
and how many other major players has missed significant time? we have had Howard, Daniels, Griffin, Harris, Van Horn, and Stackhouse. so don't complain about your injuries. its NOTHING compared to the Mavs or the Suns.

v2000
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM

TP >>>> Bibby.
yea, but Bibby doesnt have the luxury of Tim Duncan, along with one of the best defenses in basketball, does he? Swap Bibby with Parker, and the Spurs will be unstoppable.

v2000
04-07-2006, 08:19 AM

hey, i dont insult unless I am insulted first. look at EVERY post. until someone insulted me, or spoke in an extremely condescending manner, I may have still been blunt, but I never insulted anyone.

v2000
04-07-2006, 08:21 AM
So how about a vBookie on the over/under as to how long it will take for Kori to finally snap and ban vd2000....
like i said to solid... unless i have been insulted, or spoken to in an insulting manner, i NEVER insulted someone else. you can look at EVERY post I have made. i NEVER insulted anyone unless insulted first. I may have been very blunt, and voice my opinions very strongly, and I am not a homer fan like most of you spurs fans, but I NEVER insulted first.

Phenomanul
04-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Lost cause???

travis2
04-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Lost cause???

Yet another one...

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
like i said to solid... unless i have been insulted, or spoken to in an insulting manner, i NEVER insulted someone else. you can look at EVERY post I have made. i NEVER insulted anyone unless insulted first. I may have been very blunt, and voice my opinions very strongly, and I am not a homer fan like most of you spurs fans, but I NEVER insulted first.

hmmm.

Ginofan
04-07-2006, 08:49 AM
My opinions on the issues discusses so far:

-Career wise, I believe Bibby is better than Parker, so far. But if we are just talking about this season alone, I believe Parker is above and beyond Bibby.

-Without the best defensive player on the team (Bowen) of course the Spurs' defense would struggle. I don't think the team would fall apart, but there would be that piece of the puzzle missing...losing more games, letting teams score more, all things to look out for when a key player like Bowen goes down.

-I didn't see exactly when Tony got "clubbed" but the commentators didn't mention seeing any malicious intent. Not that they "see" everything, but I think if it had been intentional, more would have been said about it.

pache100
04-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Mavs will get flopped on Friday

Mavs will flop on Friday.

smeagol
04-07-2006, 09:47 AM
and I am not a homer fan
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

pache100
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Well, that was refreshing. And I have a new asshole on my ignore list. Made short work of that thread. :lol

Solid D
04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
-I didn't see exactly when Tony got "clubbed" but the commentators didn't mention seeing any malicious intent. Not that they "see" everything, but I think if it had been intentional, more would have been said about it.

It was what appeared to be an inadvertent elbow from Brad Miller that happened several trips up and down the court prior to Tony going out to get it repaired (including a couple of play stoppages). The announcers never saw the elbow to comment about it.

RON ARTEST
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM

TP >>>> Bibby.
not even close? what has parker done? the only reason he averages more assists is because of our offense. in our offense the point guard isnt the one that does the passing. ask any kings fan, you saw it tuesday when brad miller and kenny thomas combined for like 14 assists. bibby is a better shooter and he can get in the paint just like parker. but since thats all parker does he shoots a higher percentage. i know your a spurs fan but get real. o yeah and hes CLUTCH. parker isnt.

RON ARTEST
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
not even close? what has parker done? the only reason he averages more assists is because of our offense. in our offense the point guard isnt the one that does the passing. ask any kings fan, you saw it tuesday when brad miller and kenny thomas combined for like 14 assists. bibby is a better shooter and he can get in the paint just like parker. but since thats all parker does he shoots a higher percentage. i know your a spurs fan but get real. o yeah and hes CLUTCH. parker isnt.

v2000
04-07-2006, 01:06 PM
well, i wouldnt say that parker isnt clutch. parker does hit some big buckets, but hes nowhere NEAR the level that Bibby is at when it comes to clutch play. his lack of shooting ability kills that. and people say that parker has improved at his jumper... well, he has to an extent. he cant hit jumpers with people in his face, the way guys like Bibby can. he can only hit them when wide open... something that just about all players in the NBA can do. even Ben Wallace can knock down an open 15 foot jumper.

RON ARTEST
04-07-2006, 01:23 PM
even Ben Wallace can knock down an open 15 foot jumper.
i agree. :lol

SpursWoman
04-07-2006, 01:28 PM
and people say that parker has improved at his jumper... well, he has to an extent. he cant hit jumpers with people in his face, the way guys like Bibby can. he can only hit them when wide open... something that just about all players in the NBA can do.

Tony is extremely quick, and often beats out his defender to get himself open. I didn't realize he was supposed to slow down a little so they could get in his face before he takes a shot...so he can be as cool as Bibby. :)

v2000
04-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Tony is extremely quick, and often beats out his defender to get himself open. I didn't realize he was supposed to slow down a little so they could get in his face before he takes a shot...so he can be as cool as Bibby. :)
that was a pretty lame comeback. the fact is, Bibby is much more proven, much more versatile, and hasnt had half the team that Parker has, including having Tim Duncan (aka - the greatest PF EVER and one of the most dominant interior players of all time) behind him.

RON ARTEST
04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah that was a stupid comeback thats why i didnt respond.

v2000
04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
yeah that was a stupid comeback thats why i didnt respond.
hahaha

leemajors
04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
that was a pretty lame comeback. the fact is, Bibby is much more proven, much more versatile, and hasnt had half the team that Parker has, including having Tim Duncan (aka - the greatest PF EVER and one of the most dominant interior players of all time) behind him.

bibby is proven, yet parker has 2 rings. bibby had a damn good team in sac for a while.

SpursWoman
04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
:spin

LakerHater0823
04-07-2006, 03:37 PM

What can we say positive. Oh yeah youve got an ex-spur head coach. Keep trying.

LakerHater0823
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
bibby is proven, yet parker has 2 rings. bibby had a damn good team in sac for a while.

Very true and I believe a guy named Horry ended a pretty good run the Kings had. Horry for 3! sound familiar?

v2000
04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
and we all know that defense wins championships, which that team lacked majorly.

SpursWoman
04-07-2006, 04:12 PM

No, what's lame is using Bibby being able to hit jumpers with defenders in his face as a reason why he's a better player than Tony. After 75 games played, Tony is currently 3rd in the league (54.6% for a guard? :wow )in field goal percentage, averaging 19 points per game. He's getting those points somehow, and they are not from wide open jumpshots.

They are primarily from driving into the lane getting layups and tear drops over guys a foot taller than him. That's his game...not jumpshooting. So Bibby's a better jumpshooter....Tony's better in the paint. Given that Tony is 4 years younger than Bibby, if he continues to improve as he has over the last 4 seasons, he'll be a head & shoulders over anything Bibby has done to date.

leemajors
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
and we all know that defense wins championships, which that team lacked majorly.

that doesn't mean the team was crappy.

LakerHater0823
04-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I will admit that Ron Artest is really good on defense. I didn't REALLY know how good he was because I thought it was the team defense of Indiana. Now seeing Artest in Sac. shows that he is a legit defender. I didn't appreciate what he said about Bowen but I have to give him credit for playin D. That being said, the Kings don't have a chance to beat us in the Playoffs. They only beat us because we were on the most unforgivable B2B arriving home at 230am and then playing a game that was scheduled for 8 that was moved up to 7pm.

island_dude
04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Kings were playing a back to back as well.

LakerHater0823
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah but have they struggled like the spurs have in B2B. This is a mental thing, they think they are gonna lose so they lose. I am not sure of the kings schedule and honestly I don't care.

v2000
04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
No, what's lame is using Bibby being able to hit jumpers with defenders in his face as a reason why he's a better player than Tony. After 75 games played, Tony is currently 3rd in the league (54.6% for a guard? :wow )in field goal percentage, averaging 19 points per game. He's getting those points somehow, and they are not from wide open jumpshots.

They are primarily from driving into the lane getting layups and tear drops over guys a foot taller than him. That's his game...not jumpshooting. So Bibby's a better jumpshooter....Tony's better in the paint. Given that Tony is 4 years younger than Bibby, if he continues to improve as he has over the last 4 seasons, he'll be a head & shoulders over anything Bibby has done to date.
and yet you still dont see the difference... first off, Bibby is a very good driver as well. but he can jump shoot as well. again, Bibby's teammates are quite different... Does he have the greatest PF of all time behind him? no. does his team even have good defense? aside from Ron Artest, no. geez, you are both a homer and ignorant to the simple facts.

v2000
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
that doesn't mean the team was crappy.
no, but having a good defense and good defensive system helps your offense run more smoothly. to add to it, for about the 1000th time, he didnt have Tim Duncan to play with. He really didn't have much of a dominant interior player, period. Webber was good, but hes quite a different player from Duncan, and wasnt nearly as dominant.

ponky
04-07-2006, 05:48 PM
there was no head butt, parker's head just got in the way as usual when he drives like that...anyway, what's with all the tit pics on this board? does it have anything to do with the insecurity san antonio girls feel after charles barkley's comments a couple of years ago?

Solid D
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
there was no head butt, parker's head just got in the way as usual when he drives like that...anyway, what's with all the tit pics on this board? does it have anything to do with the insecurity san antonio girls feel after charles barkley's comments a couple of years ago?

You missed reading how his head was injured. Read back a page or two.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=850859#post850859

leemajors
04-07-2006, 05:53 PM
not many offenses ran smoother than sacramento's at that time. their balls did have a tendency to shrink against the lake show late in the game, but they were a shot or two away from going to the finals.

ponky
04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
You missed reading how his head was injured. Read back a page or two.

Big deal, GOI. People get hurt...remember when Ginobili *took out* Nowitzki in the second game of the Western Conference finals? Shit happens, although SOME players for some reason tend to either injure themselves or others with more frequency...take for instance, Ginobili. He took out someone else this season and I believe he's even injured himself with all his flailing about not looking where he's going movements.

BTW, I have the game on TIVO and I did read your quote about how the incident occurred. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that if there's no malicious intent, there's no reason to discuss it.

Solid D
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Big deal, GOI. People get hurt...remember when Ginobili *took out* Nowitzki in the second game of the Western Conference finals? Shit happens, although SOME players for some reason tend to either injure themselves or others with more frequency...take for instance, Ginobili. He took out someone else this season and I believe he's even injured himself with all his flailing about not looking where he's going movements.

:lol genius

BTW, I have the game on TIVO and I did read your quote about how the incident occurred. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that if there's no malicious intent, there's no reason to discuss it.

:tu

SpursWoman
04-07-2006, 07:40 PM
and yet you still dont see the difference... first off, Bibby is a very good driver as well. but he can jump shoot as well. again, Bibby's teammates are quite different... Does he have the greatest PF of all time behind him? no. does his team even have good defense? aside from Ron Artest, no. geez, you are both a homer and ignorant to the simple facts.

What facts? The fact that it's obvious you've only watched the Spurs this season the 3 times they've played the Mavericks? Or the fact that you're an asshole? Because that's pretty obvious. :lol

SpursWoman
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
does it have anything to do with the insecurity san antonio girls feel after charles barkley's comments a couple of years ago?

What's with all of the Dallas fans coming to a Spurs forum and shitting all over it with no provocation? Is it that insecurity you feel from constantly being disappointed by your favorite team getting bitch-slapped out of the playoffs year after year ... and never anything to show for it?

BTW, I love Charles. But I'd know exactly why you wouldn't. :lol