PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, They Are All American

xrayzebra
04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Here we have a prime example of some our Liberal teachers who want
the American way for all, even those that break the law. He is
dumb as all get out. But he is still teaching English as a second language.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Houston & Texas

April 5, 2006, 1:52AM

Coach disciplined for distributing flier at school
Instructor urged Latino students to attend rally on immigration
By JENNIFER RADLIFFE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Rudy Rios was stripped of his duties as junior varsity baseball coach at Chavez High School last week after using a district copying machine to make a flier encouraging Latino students to attend a rally protesting restrictions on illegal immigration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rios, who still retains his duties as an English-as-a-second-language teacher, was copying and distributing a flier that read: "We gots 2 stay together and protest against the new law that wants 2 be passed against all immigrants. We gots 2 show the U.S. that they aint (expletive) with out us (sic)," according to district officials.

"Mr. Rios used taxpayer-funded school equipment to copy and distribute to children an offensive statement," said Houston Independent School District spokesman Terry Abbott. "The principal exercised his authority to remove Mr. Rios as junior varsity baseball coach, and it certainly was an appropriate decision."

Chavez Principal Dan Martinez made the decision, but referred questions on the issue to Abbott. Rios could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

According to district records, Rios has been with HISD since August 2002. He earned about $42,000 a year.

Last week, Reagan High School Principal Robert Pambello was disciplined for putting a Mexican flag below the U.S. and Texas flags that fly at his school.

Gayle Fallon, president of the Houston Federation of Teachers, said many educators are struggling to keep their opinions on the controversial changes to the immigration laws out of the classroom.

"It's a very tough one for a lot of the teachers because it's a highly emotional issue," she said. "A teacher's role is to be informative, but not persuasive. They need to talk to students. They need to make sure they know the issues, but like any other political issue, their role is not to express a specific opinion."

Teachers would be allowed to demonstrate on their own time, including during duty-free lunches, she said. "A teacher is a citizen. A teacher has every right to — on their own time — be as public as they want, no matter how popular or unpopular their views," she said.

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Houston & Texas
This article is: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3771915.html

I am sick of those who want all the advantages of this country, but
don't want to comply or be American. You want to be Mexican/Italian/
Muslim then go where you can be that. This country is reserved for
Americans and those that want to be American. And those that believe
otherwise can kiss where the sun doesn't shine and the meat is the
red. Like they used tell us "go home". You are not welcome.

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM

What does it mean to be "American," Xray? Why should being or acting "American" be legal requirement for any person to stay in this country? Sounds like you think being "American" means being a white protestant.

xrayzebra
04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Not a legal requirement, but it ought to be. You like those that want to balkanize this
country go to England, Germany or France. Try living in Mexico and not conform to
their requirements and see how far you get.

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Not a legal requirement, but it ought to be. You like those that want to balkanize this
country go to England, Germany or France. Try living in Mexico and not conform to

What requirements?

xrayzebra
04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
If you don't know, I haven't got time to tell you. Just live in ignorance.
I am tired of people like you. I want my country back......like I knew it to
be. One nation. Not a bunch of little nations. And I include the Mexicans
that were part of that nation. They were Americans. The learned the language
the customs and were proud to be part of it.

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Not a legal requirement, but it ought to be.

Being white and protestant should be a legal requirement to stay here? I hope you're joking.

xrayzebra
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
^^What the hell are you talking about, I said nothing of the kind.

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I want my country back.

Are you a Native American?

xrayzebra
04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
^^Those were your words.

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 02:40 PM
^^Those were your words.

Did you forget to take your pills today? You seem especially crazy.

Jekka
04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I am sick of those who want all the advantages of this country, but don't want to comply or be American. You want to be Mexican/Italian/Muslim then go where you can be that. This country is reserved for Americans and those that want to be American. And those that believe otherwise can kiss where the sun doesn't shine and the meat is the red. Like they used tell us "go home". You are not welcome.

Go choke on some apple pie.

SA210
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Are you a Native American?
I never knew this of Xray. My mistake.

valluco
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
the customs and were proud to be part of it.
I wonder if Comanches scalped your fucking ancestors.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
I haven't got time to tell you.I find that very difficult to believe.

SA210
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Xray, Put The Hood Away!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-06-2006, 04:08 PM
I see asshole, so in order to be American one has to completely shed their cultural background and language?

the customs and were proud to be part of it. xray, once again, you prove you have not an ounce of intelligence! you exemplify ignorance!

Nbadan
04-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Last week, Reagan High School Principal Robert Pambello was disciplined for putting a Mexican flag below the U.S. and Texas flags that fly at his school.

Some thoughts from a poster on another forum:

http://florycanto.net/images/flagday.jpg

I see absolutely nothing wrong with people flying the Mexican flag at immigration protests. Nor do I see the hypocrisy others see. Why? For the same reason many fly the American flag outside of their homes: Pride in one's nation. These people also don't appreciate it when others disparage their country. Well, that's exactly what many are doing now when they turn the immigration debate into an opportunity to showcase their hatred of Mexicans.

Those protesting, accordingly, are well within their rights, because their heritage is most definitely under attack from the right. To this end, I'm a bit puzzled that Republicans like Savage would show outrage over this Mexican pride. Didn't the aftermath of September 11 show everyone how much pride Americans took in being American? Apparently, patriotism stops at the southern border. We're proud to be American but also are proud of our heritage, which, in nearly all cases, isn't North American. Why can't those protesting enjoy the same rights?

When we allow the right to frame this debate, what happens is what always happens when we allow Bush conservatism to fester unchecked. Heated rhetoric and racist fear-mongering overshadow the issues. What many of us forget - especially Republicans - is that, with very rare exception, we're all immigrants to America, the majority of us illegally. Just ask the next Native American you see how legal our immigration was. And for some of us to posture against those taking pride in their heritage is like the squatter getting angry at the owner.

Is America so at risk that a protester flying a Mexican flag presents a grave threat to our entire way of life? Is our democracy so in peril the presence of a flag other than ours constitutes an act worthy of a hate crime? If so, we have far bigger problems than immigration.

Spurminator
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Is America so at risk that a protester flying a Mexican flag presents a grave threat to our entire way of life? Is our democracy so in peril the presence of a flag other than ours constitutes an act worthy of a hate crime? If so, we have far bigger problems than immigration.

No and no, but it does send a pretty confusing message. Even protest organizers are beginning to ask that protesters refrain from bringing Mexican flags and materials.

smeagol
04-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Did you forget to take your pills today? You seem especially crazy.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

George W Bush
04-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I like Xrayhorsy,

He's a racist old white wimpy honky like me.

XRAY,
anytime you want, stop by my ranch in Crawford, TX.
We can have a bar-b-que and discuss many topics, including
border securities, with some of my good friends in the KKK.

BYOS (Bring Your Own Sheets)

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message :tu

mookie2001
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I always like how protests/demonstrations are "Liberal"
what do you call the conservative side of that?

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2006, 05:59 PM

freedom fighters

DarkReign
04-06-2006, 07:14 PM

Republicans protest?! Never heard of it...

JoeChalupa
04-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm sure Native Americans would love to have their Country back.

America is what it is because of immigants and I love it. Go to NYC or any place in the US and you'll live and breath it baby!!

Guru of Nothing
04-06-2006, 08:24 PM
If you don't know, I haven't got time to tell you.

It's not time that you lack.

Ocotillo
04-06-2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.allhatnocattle.net/bush_sheep.jpg

Remind you of anyone?

xrayzebra
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I see asshole, so in order to be American one has to completely shed their cultural background and language?

xray, once again, you prove you have not an ounce of intelligence! you exemplify ignorance!

Why do you care, you don't live here. Like many that don't live here, you
like to tell us how to live.

xrayzebra
04-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I like Xrayhorsy,

He's a racist old white wimpy honky like me.

XRAY,
anytime you want, stop by my ranch in Crawford, TX.
We can have a bar-b-que and discuss many topics, including
border securities, with some of my good friends in the KKK.

BYOS (Bring Your Own Sheets)

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message :tu

Hell, George Wannabe, don't you remember, you support a guest
worker program. How can you be like me.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Why do you care, you don't live here. Like many that don't live here, you
like to tell us how to live.
hey I'm not telling you what to do or how to live. I'm criticising your stupid comments. Take this one for example

:lmao and you call yourself American??? dude, I don't live there, and even I seem to have a better grasp on what America is all about, than you! Do you live in a basement or something???

JoePublic
04-09-2006, 11:10 AM
hey I'm not telling you what to do or how to live. I'm criticising your stupid comments. Take this one for example

:lmao and you call yourself American??? dude, I don't live there, and even I seem to have a better grasp on what America is all about, than you! Do you live in a basement or something???

^^RACK!!

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 01:19 PM
For as many years as you've been alive, there is no excuse for your ignorance of this nation's history.

I've never once seen you express indignation at any of the following:

The overt Germanness of Fredericksburg, Boerne, or New Braunfels.

Any St. Patrick's Day parade.

Those "Jak se mas?" bumper stickers.

The painted churches in towns like Shiner.

Castroville

That's all within an hour or so of San Antonio.

So what's so different about those non-American cultures that they don't incur your ire?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
"i want my country back" ?? xray you're stupidity is a testament to your conservativeness

mookie2001
04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
LOL
its funny because the leadership beyond leader of a president xrays always praising, praying and being pompous for (god bless the usa) hasnt done jackshit about this problem

the main reason why the countrys chode is exploding is because mexicans are getting into EVERY part of the country, georgia, iowa, ohio

in south texas i see hundreds upon hundreds of mexicans all day, determining the legals would be implausable

xray used to think he just had badluck but couldnt say anything because of where he lived
now that the conservatives discovered this problem overnight (of which they determined all took place during 1993- 2000), xray can finally take HIS country back, the land that was stolen from him from the brown man, VERY UNLIKE the land that was stolen from the brown man by the whiteman

and his republican buddies are rumored to have control of three branches of government too, but that hasnt helped

mookie2001
04-09-2006, 01:57 PM
because of the secular humanist in the media

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
During the Grammys, we learned how hard it was to be a pimp.

But how much harder is it to be a racist redneck?

They were abandoned by the Democrats in the 1960's. Now they're being sold out by the Republicans in the 2000's. They've tried secession, but that just gets everything torn up and then they get Reconstructed.

What's a frustrated old fart who just wants to stop change and keep everything around him lily-white supposed to do?

jochhejaam
04-09-2006, 02:37 PM
I find that very difficult to believe.
You must not understand the rigors of retirement...

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 02:44 PM
"i want my country back" ?? xray you're stupidity is a testament to your conservativeness
White Catholics, i.e. Hispanics, too. When the U.S. took over the Southwest, the natives exchanged one oppressor for another.

jochhejaam
04-09-2006, 02:52 PM
be.
America's not what it used to be because it's losing it's moral focus, not because of an influx of people from other Countries.

For those immigrants that have come to America to provide for their families I would say that's commendable not condemnable. If I were in their situation I would do the same for mine, wouldn't you for yours?

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 02:59 PM
America's not what it used to be because it's losing it's moral focus, not because of an influx of people from other Countries.

For those immigrants that have come to America to provide for their families I would say that's commendable not condemnable. If I were in their situation I would do the same for mine, wouldn't you for yours?
The immigrants from Mexico tend to have a stronger family network than Americans. They tend to have religion as a priority in their lives. They have a stronger work ethic.

There was a study that showed children born to mothers from Mexico had higher birth weights and better health than children born to American-born Latinos. The reasons given were that as minorities assimilate, they are assimilating our marketing-driven bad habits first. They aren't damaging our culture so much as our culture is damaging them.

Our culture has been destroyed, yes, and it has put our country into decline. But Mexican immigrants are coming in and experiencing the after-effects. They are not causing it.

You're right, jochhejaam, immigrants are not the problem. In fact, they may be our only hope.

But there's no way you're going to convince a frustrated old man that the different-looking brown people aren't the problem.

smeagol
04-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Funny to se how many new friend xray has made with this new thread :lmao :lmao :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
04-09-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm sure in a perfect world, we can totally murder each immigrant and child of immigrants taht are leaching off our hard paid tax dollars.

That would be the ultimate solution to Whitey's problem.

I find it funny that not one anti-immigration poster has responded to mookie's repeated comments. I know it's difficult to read cuz of the punctualization, but still.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I mean, if President Bush is such a strong leader, "our leader", "the president", "strong in leadership" etc etc, why has he remained totally silent on how to quell all this drama happening in his own country. He's apparently such an amazing leader that he's fixing things in Iraq, fixing an entire country mind you, and making their lives better.

Well I live in dallas now, and watching that protest on the news all afternoon, its very fucking clear that if about 100K hispanics protested like this, that many parts of this country are not very happy with the current situation in their own country. (naturally many angry people are illegal but many aren't)

What are Bush and their allies doing to rectify or mitigate the situation? I know I'm not offering any solution myself (you all see me as liberal, so its only fitting that I dont), but what is your great, leadership beyond possible leaders, protestant, strong, smart president and friend doing about this?

If you think he's being a leader beyond leadership by staying silent, perhaps you're right, but I feel a large portion of the populous arround me is very angry right now, angry in a way that will not go away without a change.

xrayzebra
04-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Haven't you seen all the brilliant answer here in this thread from
all the "Progressive" bunch. Just hate xray, he tells it like it is and
they don't like it. What a bunch of cry babies. They just keep
supporting the dimm-o-craps and the dimms just keep sticking it
to them. Let them eat cake! Someone said friends, heck, I don't
claim anyone on here as my friend. So bring it on.

Extra Stout
04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Haven't you seen all the brilliant answer here in this thread from
all the "Progressive" bunch. Just hate xray, he tells it like it is and
they don't like it. What a bunch of cry babies. They just keep
supporting the dimm-o-craps and the dimms just keep sticking it
to them. Let them eat cake! Someone said friends, heck, I don't
claim anyone on here as my friend. So bring it on.
So the business and evangelical wings of the Republican party are now "Progressive" "dimm-o-craps?"

I can just see your tombstone: "They're all Dimm-o-craps. Every last one of 'em. All but me."

mookie2001
04-09-2006, 08:12 PM
lol
this is like that time I agreed with marcus bryant
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31249&page=9&pp=26&highlight=joel+olsteen

gtownspur
04-10-2006, 01:18 AM
lol
this is like that time I agreed with marcus bryant
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31249&page=9&pp=26&highlight=joel+olsteen

Was the topic Krispy Kreme? :lmao