PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah...

Darrin
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
When I was growing up, my family had this ridiculous car. The back panel had been smashed after some truck decided to play bumper cars. I can clearly remembering holding the driver's door because the locking mechanism didn't work, and one day, the passanger window fell through the door because it was so rusted out. Everyone made fun of the car.

But it got us where we were going for 10 years. She wasn't always pretty, but that motor was brand-freaking new. Tune-up every 8,000 - all new hoses and belts. My uncle had kept that thing on the road because we needed reliable transportation.

I bring this up because the game isn't always pretty, but the 2006 Most Outstanding Player has one of the best motors I have ever seen. He's not flash, flexing his muscles up and down the court. It's not that kind of passion. This guy is always around the ball, he never relents, and that's why I want him to stay in college one more season.

Because in 2007, the Magic will convey thier pick to the Pistons because of Darko Milicic. There's no one I have seen in college sports that is closer to a Ben Wallace-type mentality. If I'm Dumars, I'm drooling over this kid. Stay in college, big fella. You have the mentality to be a Piston.

batman2883
04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
he is the ugliest motherfucking ballplayer i have ever seen i opened up the front page and almost had a fucking heart attack the other day i had to call my mom and be like "mom what the hell is that, and she was like son its not funny to make fun of ugly people"

T Park
04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Because in 2007, the Magic will convey thier pick to the Pistons because of Darko Milicic

in 07, it won't be a lottery pick Im afraid chief.

MrChug
04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
OKAY...somebody tell me what the fucking deal is!!! :madrun

HTF do you pronounce it?!?!?! Is it:

#1. WAAA-KEEM

or

#2. JO-KIM

TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!! :spin

ALVAREZ6
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM
What kind of a frenchman has a name Joakim Noah and pronounced it Jo-kim???

that sounds Korean, not French. :wtf

ugly mother fucker...

Notorious H.O.P.
04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
I'd be more afraid of the possibility of the Pistons getting Greg Ogden.

But Noah is relentless and fiercely competative. The kind of "fire" guy that teams want give them a pick-me-up during tough stretches.

But with the East being so wide open, the Magic being in the lottery again is far from a lock. They've got some talent, Howard is a potential all-star in the making and if Darko can prove he was worth a anywhere near a lottery pick, we might see them squeak in the back door.

T-Pain
04-06-2006, 10:07 PM
OKAY...somebody tell me what the fucking deal is!!! :madrun

HTF do you pronounce it?!?!?! Is it:

#1. WAAA-KEEM

or

#2. JO-KIM

TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!!! :spin

JOE-Kim

and yeah he is kinda ugly

Marklar MM
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
JOE-Kim

and yeah he is kinda ugly

That is an understatement.

ShoogarBear
04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Actually he reminds me a lot of the old pre-banged up Brian Grant.

Before Grant became a fixture on the injured list, he was all motor, too.

But he's never going to be the defensive presence Ben Wallace is.

timvp
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually he reminds me a lot of the old pre-banged up Brian Grant.

Before Grant became a fixture on the injured list, he was all motor, too.

But he's never going to be the defensive presence Ben Wallace is.

Grant and Wallace are both like 6'6. Noah is 6'11 at least.

Noah to me is pretty much a Marcus Camby clone. When Camby is actually healthy, he's a top 15 player in the league. The only difference is Noah is faster while Camby has a better jumper.

timvp
04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh and if the Pistons got Greg Oden, the Spurs might as well start playing baseball. They wouldn't be winning anymore championships.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah, thats why the spurs gotta pull some stunts and get him

Horry For 3!
04-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Grant and Wallace are both like 6'6. Noah is 6'11 at least.

Noah to me is pretty much a Marcus Camby clone. When Camby is actually healthy, he's a top 15 player in the league. The only difference is Noah is faster while Camby has a better jumper.
Noah is a true 7 footer.

ShoogarBear
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
I didn't realize Noah was that tall. I'm going to have to re-evaluate.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.gatorgallery.com/albums/albun39/Image10.jpg

E Q U A L S

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/605/605092/predator_movie_image_1113863337.jpg

Horry For 3!
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I didn't realize Noah was that tall. I'm going to have to re-evaluate.
Yeah Noah > Grant, I read that he is really 7' but doesn't want people to know or something like that.

timvp
04-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah Noah > Grant, I read that he is really 7' but doesn't want people to know or something like that.

Yeah, it's a common ploy for those who don't want to be NBA centers. Although with the lack of bigmen in the league nowadays, it doesn't really work one way or the other.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-06-2006, 10:45 PM
He reminds me of Loren Woods...

Darrin
04-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh and if the Pistons got Greg Oden, the Spurs might as well start playing baseball. They wouldn't be winning anymore championships.

Black lining for this Pistons fan: Darko Milicic in relation to Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, and Antonio McDyess.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
You know he's good if the only thing people can knock him for is being ugly.

Darrin
04-06-2006, 11:06 PM
in 07, it won't be a lottery pick Im afraid chief.

A boy can dream, can't he? I'm hoping the Grant Hill cloud continues to loom for ONE MORE SEASON. 6-13. That's what I'm hoping for in the '07 draft.