PDA

View Full Version : Pest Control

Notorious H.O.P.
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
And no, I'm not referring to getting rid of the trolls or imposing screen name limits. :lol

I'm thinking that I have carpenter ants in my house. Along the side of my house, there is an area on the eve that looks like something chewed it's way in or out of the wood. I don't think it's termites though because I've seen what look like carpenter ants in the area.

What I'm looking for from the Spurstalk community is a referral to a good pest control company/person to come out to my house an treat the house inside and out.

Quality work is the primary goal here but a fair price is certainly a consideration. Even better would be if anyone knows any type of hookup that I can take advantage of.

In the past, my old roommate flagged down a guy that worked for a major pest control company and the guy did the job "under the table". Although his employer would probably consider this ethics questionable, the quality of his work was excellent. Guy came out a couple of times but my roommate lost the guys number.

But overall, I just want someone who knows what they are doing, is going to do the job well and isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg. Any help you guys can provide would be great. Thanks.

Solid D
04-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Apple Pest Control got rid of mine. Nice honest people, too.

210-695-8946

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
For about $15 bucks you can get carpenter ant specific spray at home depot and then put amdro on the ground around the outside of your house. Works for me.

Neonmoon83
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
And no, I'm not referring to getting rid of the trolls or imposing screen name limits. :lol

I'm thinking that I have carpenter ants in my house. Along the side of my house, there is an area on the eve that looks like something chewed it's way in or out of the wood. I don't think it's termites though because I've seen what look like carpenter ants in the area.

What I'm looking for from the Spurstalk community is a referral to a good pest control company/person to come out to my house an treat the house inside and out.

Quality work is the primary goal here but a fair price is certainly a consideration. Even better would be if anyone knows any type of hookup that I can take advantage of.

In the past, my old roommate flagged down a guy that worked for a major pest control company and the guy did the job "under the table". Although his employer would probably consider this ethics questionable, the quality of his work was excellent. Guy came out a couple of times but my roommate lost the guys number.

But overall, I just want someone who knows what they are doing, is going to do the job well and isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg. Any help you guys can provide would be great. Thanks.

My boyfriend works for ACCURATE pest control. There pretty good and affordable. I know he use to work for worldwide but their prices are ridiculous. The office number is (210) 495-0499, if you tell them you were refered they give discounts. Ask for Brian, he's a tech.

Notorious H.O.P.
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
My boyfriend works for ACCURATE pest control. There pretty good and affordable. I know he use to work for worldwide but their prices are ridiculous. The office number is (210) 495-0499, if you tell them you were refered they give discounts. Ask for Brian, he's a tech.

Neonmoon, who should I say referred me?

SolidD, was the process pretty quick or did they put you on a regular program that got rid of them after a while?

Thanks.

Notorious H.O.P.
04-11-2006, 11:54 AM
For about $15 bucks you can get carpenter ant specific spray at home depot and then put amdro on the ground around the outside of your house. Works for me.

CC, what is the brand of carpenter any spray you buy? I'm thinking it's best to have the professionals rid me of the problem and then make sure they stay away by continuing to treat on my own. Thanks.

SequSpur
04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
226-3232

boutons_
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM
google around, a lot of the pesticides you pay a lot of labor for to be applied by pest companies can be bought and applied by yourself a lot cheaper. You might want to buy a pump-up sprayer, but that's about all.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
CC, what is the brand of carpenter any spray you buy? I'm thinking it's best to have the professionals rid me of the problem and then make sure they stay away by continuing to treat on my own. Thanks.

hmmm...I honestly don't remember...it was premixed in a gallon jug with a pull out hose with a spray handle. I bought it at Lowes or Home Depot...killed the crap out of them.

Solid D
04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Neonmoon, who should I say referred me?

SolidD, was the process pretty quick or did they put you on a regular program that got rid of them after a while?

Thanks.

Yes, it got rid of them. If I remember correctly I had them in two places, one was near the tub in an upstairs bathroom.

I am on a regular program for other stuff and they call you to remind. FYI, I've also had termite treatment done by them, just for peace of mind, since I've seen what has happened to some people before.

polandprzem
04-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Can't you just eat them?

sa_butta
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Can't you just eat them?Spray them with chocolate.

CharlieMac
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM

I think I'll call too. Before we moved in to our house, the person that lived there used Mafia Pest Control. They sucked.