PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan, C or PF?

ducks
09-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Tim Duncan, C or PF?
www.82games.com/P3SAS10C.HTM (http://www.82games.com/P3SAS10C.HTM)

spursfaninla
09-27-2004, 02:19 AM
ducks, i don't know when i posted this,but I did.

This was only for the playoffs, he logs more pf minutes during the regular season, with more even production for each position as well...

exstatic
09-27-2004, 02:22 AM
I think he likes starting All-Star games, and frankly Yao has beaten Shaq out for starting the last two years, and I don't see why Tim would garner the votes neccessary to dislodge him. I think when he gets on the wrong side of, say 32-33 years old, he may want to move to the pivot full time,

Solid D
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
spursfaninla - how did you determine Tim's minutes playing the 5? Was it based solely on when Rasho was not in the game while at the same time Tim was in the game? Was that based on offensive positioning only?

Offensively, Malik has played the 5 a bunch over the past few years, although not much during last year's playoffs. Did you consider any of his few minutes or perhaps a few of the times Robert slid to the 5 offensively?

E20
09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Solid D, go here:

Tim Duncan (http://www.82games.com/P3SAS10C.HTM)

ducks
09-27-2004, 08:26 PM
ducks, i don't know when i posted this,but I did.

sorry
I went to that site found it thought we might talk about it bored not much news

Solid D
09-28-2004, 02:54 AM
E20, that doesn't tell us how he arrived at the % of time at each position, does it? It is difficult to pinpoint the number of minutes at 5 versus 4 unless you are really paying attention, know what was set up on assignments in times out, etc.

Example: If you assume the tallest of two post players in the game at a given time is playing the 5, you may be very often mistaken. When Malik Rose comes in for Rasho, who is playing the 5 spot offensively? Tim or Malik? Defensively? Tim or Malik? For what it's worth, Malik runs offensive sets out of the 5 spot quite often. He defends opposing 5s sometimes, as well (i.e. Shaq).