PDA

View Full Version : so i just got back from DC

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
went to dc last night and came back today, got there about 6 pm and got back to nc at like 5 pm. btw before i get too in depth lets keep this non partisan. i.e. not political in any way shape or form. keep that shit for poli forum.
anyway i didnt really get a chance to see much of downtown, since i only had a copule of hrs this morning to sight see.
last night we went to dinner at Mikes, a local place from waht i can tell. really realy good. i think they cut us a deal on the meal also. :spin had some really good dark beers there also. :drunk had some damn good ribs as well:elephant
drove by the pentagon and jefferson memorial. went to washington and lincon memorial and got my pic taken in front of that big pool or whatever between the two memorials. also went to the vietnam memorial. very very sad. made me feel as if ive done nothing in the time ive been in. :depressed people always thank me for what i do but ive done nothing so far and places like that especially make me feel that way. you could sense a change in everyones mood when in the presence of "the wall".
lastly i also got a pretty good pic of the white house as we drove by a sidestreet since youre not alowed to drive on pa ave anymore. kinda wierd seeing that street sign. wish i had gotten a pic fo that one.
driving around downtown made me wish i could go back in time and see how it was in the early 1800s and see the transformation to what it has become. regardless of race/ethnicity/religion/politics it was really neat to go there and i only hope i am able to go back again, but for longer. seemed like a really neat town to sightsee.

btw sorry for the long post. :madrun

ZStomp
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
And you're still alive?? :lmao

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
And you're still alive?? :lmao
??
are you saying you wish i was dead?

or refering to dc's ridiculously high crime rate?

ZStomp
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
??
are you saying you wish i was dead?

or refering to dc's ridiculously high crime rate?

What do you think man?
Why would I wish you were dead :wtf

Of course I'm talking about their ridiculously high crime rate!!!

mookie2001
04-07-2006, 08:13 PM
so it was like Inez?

Neuromancer
04-07-2006, 08:15 PM
CR's chode was buried at wounded knee

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 08:15 PM
What do you think man?
Why would I wish you were dead :wtf

Of course I'm talking about their ridiculously high crime rate!!!
well obviously i didnt go walking around trying to find crime. but in the middle of the day in downtown i guess its not bad. as far as going out at night, who knows? not me

and yeah it was kinda like inez...except a little bigger

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2006, 08:17 PM
chode regulator's daily life forum

mookie3000
04-07-2006, 08:20 PM
so it was like Inez?
neither the time nor the place for your variation of slapstick comedy

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 08:24 PM
chode regulator's daily life forum
eehhhh
this isnt one of my stupid posts
this is an actual topic
and since no one else wants to post in there, and i was gone for not even two days and it falls to page 3....well i refuse to post in there anymore

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 08:24 PM
neither the time nor the place for your variation of slapstick comedy
mookie2001 wouldnt know slapstick comedy if it hit hinm in the face

chode_regulator
04-07-2006, 08:25 PM
oh yeah thanks to everyone for paying for my trip. :lol

MissAllThat
04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, DC is pretty awesome. I went a few years ago, and I really liked it. Of course I was able to go inside all of the important buildings and see stuff. I'd like to go again sometime soon.

spurs=bling
04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Thats cool. Z why you gotta be mean for?

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 01:22 PM
lol
actually he did

ObiwanGinobili
04-08-2006, 01:32 PM
it's called the reflecting pool.
it' reflects, & I guess your sopposed to reflect as you view it. ponder.

also - nothign is like Inez. don;t make that comparison. Inez is a universe unto itself.

glad you had a great trip. :tu I drove thru DC once (pre9/11) & it was awesome. Got good pics of the whitehouse.I'll have to see if I have one of the Penn Ave street sign...

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 01:39 PM
it's called the reflecting pool.
it' reflects, & I guess your sopposed to reflect as you view it. ponder.

also - nothign is like Inez. don;t make that comparison. Inez is a universe unto itself.

glad you had a great trip. :tu I drove thru DC once (pre9/11) & it was awesome. Got good pics of the whitehouse.I'll have to see if I have one of the Penn Ave street sign...
yeah i had a great time there, even though it was short
i really wish i had gotten the pa ave sign pic...oh well
im still stuck ehre for at least another 2 yrs, not including deployment, so hopefully i still get antoher chance to get up there

ObiwanGinobili
04-08-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm sure you will.
once you're in for awhile they get real free with the weekend passes.

Vashner
04-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I worked in the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judicial Center for a while. If I was not sick I might of wound up back there eventually.

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm sure you will.
once you're in for awhile they get real free with the weekend passes.
its not really finding the time as it is the money. this trip was free for me but i can only imagine how much it would cost for hotels plus food plus gas plus expenses. i cant afford that right now. as it was i got to fly on an osprey and go to dc for free so...

Melmart1
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM
last time i went to dc when i lived in virginia, my brother literally took a wrong turn on pennsylvania avenue and we got lost in the worst ghetto i think i have ever seen. it was sad. too bad you didnt have time to see the smithsonians, they are bad ass and prolly the best thing to see in dc, imho.

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
yeah i didnt even think of that til after i was already there. but i for sure didnt have enough time for that
im sure i could spend at elast a day in just the one dedicated to aviation
i went to first flight airport on teh anny of the wright brothers flight, last year, and that was pretty damn cool. i can aonly imagine a whole museum dedicated to the last 100+ yrs of aviation
maybe next time :elephant

Melmart1
04-08-2006, 02:59 PM
ah, yes.. north carolina even has the flight thing in thier license plates. 'first in flight' is what it said, yes? i used to go down to Kill Devil Hills and the rest of the outer banks alot, one of them had a monument. North Carolina beaches>>>>>>>Virginia beaches. Virginia Beach sucked hairy donkey balls.

And yeah, you need an entire weekend just to devote to the Smithsonians. You can get lost in there, seriously. If you really like aviation, maybe a 3-day weekend, no joke.

ShoogarBear
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM
The Smithsonians rule.

And Ohio and NC fight over over the whole "Birthplace of Aviation"/"First in Flight" thing.

Melmart1
04-08-2006, 03:26 PM
The Smithsonians rule.

And Ohio and NC fight over over the whole "Birthplace of Aviation"/"First in Flight" thing.

yeah, i travel a lot and have seen both plates, i think its hilarious. i say north carolina should change their to 'birthplace of nascar'. nobody could argue with them or try to copy it, right?

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 08:41 PM
yeah, i travel a lot and have seen both plates, i think its hilarious. i say north carolina should change their to 'birthplace of nascar'. nobody could argue with them or try to copy it, right?
except florida
theres an interesting book called daytona or something like that that goes all the way back to nascars beginnings. pretty damn good
i think its pretty safe to say ohio is the birthplace of aviation bc thats wehre the wright bros were born and nc is the first in flight bc thats where the first flight was. i flew up to kill devil hillls and spent the majority of a day there. pretty damn cool. im sure i could easily spend 3 days in the aviatoin museums of the smithsonian.
and personally i dont htink the nc beahces ive been to are all that great.
i say texas beaches or florida beaches> all

ObiwanGinobili
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
ditto on the smithsonian.

also the holocaust museaum, which is in so much demand you either weight in line at the butt crack of dawn & jope to get in or you go with a group & make an appointment.

Darrin
04-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I love Washington, D.C. I've only been there two times, but I've had a chance to see a lot of the city - from taking in a play at the Kennedy Center to seeing the Rotunda of the Capitol Building, I got to see the city the way I never thought I would be able to.

The second time I went was as a tradition that seems to be forming - no matter who is sworn in as President of the United States, my brother and a couple of friends drive from Michigan to D.C. to see the Inaguration. It was tough this past time because both of us worked on the Kerry campaign (he much more than I) and he had just buried his best friend who had died in Iraq (Two days before Thanksgiving, 2003). But we still went.
Both times I have been in the city, the Washington Monument has been closed (May, 1998 and January 2005). They were also doing a lot of work on the Lincoln Memorial the last time.