PDA

View Full Version : If anything...

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-07-2006, 09:41 PM
...this game has shown that Spurs will win the West. A very poor performance from TD, both Parker and Manu injured, Horry out and yet the Mavs need Nowitzki on fire, their whole team stepping to probably their best level to beat us.

Statement game? Maybe for Dallas.

Spurs in 4.

Rummpd
04-07-2006, 09:53 PM
That is the most optimistic post I have ever read or plausible among the most delusional. Spurs and Mavs would go at least five and probably 6-7.

Spurs have to have a hell of a lot better effort to beat this team period. Fully capable of taking the Mavs out in 6, but do not underestimate the grit it took Mavs to come back from 11 on the road.

My hat is off to them and having the homecourt could be key in a decisive 7th.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if there are very many sweeps to be hand in the playoff this year out West. I think they might have a chance to sweep eitehr Utah or New Orleans if either gets in, but I really don't think any other team out west isn't capable of winning at least one game.

Hey, the West is a tough confrence right now. Its not going to be easy but that doesn't mean the Spurs aren't going to get it done.

Tek_XX
04-07-2006, 09:56 PM
This proves that we can be beaten....rather easily

ALVAREZ6
04-07-2006, 09:57 PM
...this game has shown that Spurs will win the West. A very poor performance from TD, both Parker and Manu injured, Horry out and yet the Mavs need Nowitzki on fire, their whole team stepping to probably their best level to beat us.

Statement game? Maybe for Dallas.

Spurs in 4.
Tim hasn't been playing well lately, I wouldn't count on him exploding too many times in the playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
This proves that we can be beaten....rather easily
:tu

duncan2k5
spurs in 5...the mavs are gonna be last years suns to us. their defense is a mirage. it wont be that consistent. and remember dirk disappears in the postseason. remember...we are a completely different animal in the playoffs. and Pop coaches his ass off too. i thought we should have gon to duncan more in the 4th. not by giving him on the perimeter, but in the post (like he did in the finals against detroit). he would have eventually worn them down.

MannyIsGod
04-07-2006, 09:59 PM
This proves that we can be beaten....rather easilyYou think that was easy? Did you see some of the shots Dirk hit? Did you see some of the stops they made? Easy my ass.

That was a battle and the Mavs won, but don't make it seem like they beat us by 30. Gain some perspective.

Tek_XX
04-07-2006, 10:03 PM
You think that was easy? Did you see some of the shots Dirk hit? Did you see some of the stops they made? Easy my ass.

That was a battle and the Mavs won, but don't make it seem like they beat us by 30. Gain some perspective.

So you're saying this was a one time deal, well i hope so too. But the Spurs are playing like shit and i'm not too sure they're better than the mavs

Trifecta
04-07-2006, 10:04 PM
That is the most optimistic post I have ever read or plausible among the most delusional. Spurs and Mavs would go at least five and probably 6-7.

Spurs have to have a hell of a lot better effort to beat this team period. Fully capable of taking the Mavs out in 6, but do not underestimate the grit it took Mavs to come back from 11 on the road.

My hat is off to them and having the homecourt could be key in a decisive 7th.

Not to mention when Dallas get their other role players back (Harris, Griffin).

MannyIsGod
04-07-2006, 10:05 PM
So you're saying this was a one time deal, well i hope so too. But the Spurs are playing like shit and i'm not too sure they're better than the mavsMaybe they're not. Maybe the Mavs are their equal (I'm not going to say the Mavs are better yet, no fucknig way) but it took a dominant game by dirk and a really bad game from the Spurs big players to squeak out a win. They didn't dominate the Spurs regardless of how bad the game looked in a Spurs fans eyes.

Mavtek
04-07-2006, 10:13 PM
FYI, I've been watchin Dirk make those shots all year long, and another thing, he didn't have a stellar effort tonight.

11 of 24 isn't great............. PUH LEASSSSSSSSSSEEE! If anything in the 1st half he sucked....

The 1 thing I did take from this though is that SA doesn't really have an answer for Howard or Terry, it was a layup drill for them tonight, which is great considering our best driving guard (Harris) is finally coming back. Oh and another thing, as the season has closed out something like the last 14 games Dirk has averaged 31points and 11 boards, so this is a totally average game at best. You just have to accept that Dirk is going to get 30 and 10 and prepare to stop the rest of the guys, something the Spurs did not do tonight.