PDA

View Full Version : We're the same team.

Brutalis
04-07-2006, 11:24 PM
The Duncan is 80% and in a slump, missing all of his shots we are so used to him making... and there are a million questions surrounding his name alone. As well as a million others about each player on our team and his role. That is what we question.

58 wins with 7 games left still leading to secure home court advantage for the playoffs and a lot of people talking let down and confused as to what direction and feeling this team's heart is in. That is what we hear.

A lesser talented Spurs team reached for 62 wins once and the taste of defeat is always present as any long time Spurs fan would tell you. That is what we know.

If you're with me, you believe in certain feelings you have when you remind yourself we're the defending champs. And that's still 3 time MVP and Champ Tim Duncan working out there. That's still Manu throwing his body in the lane trying to make any move to the basket he can. That's Bowen out of breath from all the switches and pressure on the ball like some spot on a cheetah. That's Horry who has broke our hearts at times and made them in the same sentence coming back to find some magic left. And this is still young and driven Tony Parker running the point guiding this team through the dark.

That light will turn on, call it a fire if you want. And we'll all see again and realize we are the same. We are the Spurs, the most mentally feared team in the NBA and still the NBA Champs. As I have heard before, the road to the Finals goes through San Antonio. Now that the fever is here, I'm ready to believe.

4-7-06
signed: Wayne Phillips

timvp
04-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Believe.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/1224/photo/s_phillips_i.jpg

signed: Wade Phillips

smeagol
04-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Believe.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/1224/photo/s_phillips_i.jpg

signed: Wade Phillips
Probably time to pull the Believe! card, timvp

timvp
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Probably time to pull the Believe! card, timvp

Wait for it . . .

:hat

smeagol
04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Wait for it . . .

:hat

:spin

Vashner
04-08-2006, 12:00 AM
If we win the ring this year we better declare a week of Fiesta... the city needs to party harder.. 100x hard week long drinking and eating binge...

NBA championships are fleeing moments.... it's like that glow on the camera with vasaline like Marth Stewart in the old chow days.

charmie21
04-08-2006, 12:01 AM
well said..