PDA

View Full Version : One thing that pissed me off was Spurs fans

Kori Ellis
04-07-2006, 11:52 PM
The first half, Spurs fans weren't even excited in the arena. Yeah, I understand a few 100 of you didn't get the thousand memos about the time change. Blahblah

But what pissed me off the most was a BUNCH of season ticket holders in the lower level sold their tickets to Mavs fans. What the hell!? There were tons and tons of Mavs fans in the lower level.

There's Spurs fans in this forum and around the city dying to find tickets to this game and you sell to Mavs fans?!?!?

Nothing made me more mad than seeing those six fans sitting in row 2 all with Dirk jerseys on :flipoff :flipoff

We must protect this house.

HB22inSA
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Ahhh yes, the joys of corporate sponsorship.

I'm glad I sold mine and didn't have to sit through it!!!

Kori Ellis
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM

Why? It was an awesome game.

smeagol
Didn't SW sell hers?

SW, you traitor, you sold them to some Mavs fans?

Horry For 3!
I saw some dude in a Mavs jersey sittin close to the court by the basket

angel_luv
That made me mad too!

I heard all those Dallas fans and was like, "Where the heck did they come from?!??!?!"

It also made me mad how everyone left at the end. I know we were down 7 but someone could have gone Tracy McGrady and got us the win.

When people left we had more time and were down by less than Houston that time they came back from down 12.

smeagol

You are not a Spurs fan

Kori Ellis
04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Didn't SW sell hers?

Hers are in the upper deck and she only sells to Spurs fans. :spin

Vashner
04-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Argh ask them for the MIC next time and get things going.

Yea it's like when we tried to do more waves at Saints games and some people would fizzle the wave...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Kori, I only get to watch nationally televised spurs games now, and the last two have been home games, and each time I fucking cursed 90% of the dicks in that center because they were nowhere near as loud as they should have been.

What the fucking shit is up with that? Spurs are making a run against the Kings in the fourth and the season ticket close sectioners are sitting on their asses blogging on their windows based cel phones. Fuck those bitchasses. I fucking can't stand watching 3-4 games a month and each time at home the bitches are sitting there up close like they're too good to fucking cheer for the team.

ShoogarBear
04-07-2006, 11:59 PM

To Mavs fans, no doubt.

timvp
Spurs got too good.

snowboarder
Sorry Kori but the avatar is too distracting

efrem1
The first half, Spurs fans weren't even excited in the arena. Yeah, I understand a few 100 of you didn't get the thousand memos about the time change. Blahblah

But what pissed me off the most was a BUNCH of season ticket holders in the lower level sold their tickets to Mavs fans. What the hell!? There were tons and tons of Mavs fans in the lower level.

Nothing made me more mad than seeing those six fans sitting in row 2 all with Dirk jerseys on :flipoff :flipoff

In the old days of the HemisFair Arena, that would have never happened. Chalk it up to corporate yahoos caring more about comps than seeing the team win. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
04-08-2006, 12:00 AM
What the fucking shit is up with that? Spurs are making a run against the Kings in the fourth and the season ticket close sectioners are sitting on their asses blogging on their windows based cel phones.
Getting the best prices on the latest Tahoes.

HB22inSA
04-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Why? It was an awesome game.
Oh, no, no, no. I meant we sold our season tickets before the season, not just for this game.

I just can't afford it anymore (I'd rather put the money in my 401(K) and buy season tickets when I'm 60!!! :lol ), and upper deck tickets were out of the question. :rolleyes

I've only been to 1 Spurs game in person all year.

Vashner
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
They just following Sun Tsu... (Art of War)..

Let the enemy think your weak and wounded when your strong. And then pounce on him.

HB22inSA
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
To Mavs fans, no doubt.
I wouldn't know, but I doubt it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Getting the best prices on the latest Tahoes.

sad

BillsCarnage
04-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Something you haven't done against two potential PO opponents in consecutive home games.

Sac is rollin right now and now Dallas knows they can win in your house. Cause for concern?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Some people just like selling out their tickets and blogging on their cel phones then leaving early so they can avoid traffic.

Trifecta
04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Perhaps some of the SPURS fans are "spoiled" by the past success of the team. Maybe if the Spurs, I hate to say, lose a few games then maybe the fans will develop a hunger again for winning!

I think ths mental approach applies to some of the players as well and the coaching staff!

POPS need to go "Bobby Knight" on some players if he detects complacency!

Kori Ellis
04-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Something you haven't done against two potential PO opponents in consecutive home games.

Sac is rollin right now and now Dallas knows they can win in your house. Cause for concern?

This thread isn't about the Spurs sucking. It's about the fans sucking. ;)

Doc Jerome
04-08-2006, 12:08 AM
This is yet another example of how, for many Americans, nothing is too sacred to sellout. If being a "fan" is your passion, and having season tickets on the second row of a professional basketball team's arena does qualify you for such a distinction, is not enough to fulfill your jones for sport, competition and the thrill of experiencing it all live, then you are "Fanitically" bankrupt.

That all being said, the Spurs are not ready for the post season, and Timmy knows it. I just hope they have a good showing in the playoffs. Noone is healthy, and team chelistry is not there. All we can do is hope and cheer.
:fro

SPARKY
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
This team is fucking aged, especially on the perimeter. Of course, that was apparent last offseason after they made their moves.

Anyways, people are giving up their tix because they sense the malaise too. It's like this team thinks it can flip the switch come playoff time.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Exactly...and I've said that all fuckign season, even before I moved from the SA area.

BillsCarnage
04-08-2006, 12:14 AM
This thread isn't about the Spurs sucking. It's about the fans sucking. ;)

but you said "We" must protect this house. I thought you, the fans, had something to do with the outcome of the game.
:drunk

Doc Jerome
04-08-2006, 12:14 AM
P.S. It's late here in Jersey, so PLEASE excuse the misspelled words.

milkyway21
04-08-2006, 03:59 AM

There's Spurs fans in this forum and around the city dying to find tickets to this game and you sell to Mavs fans?!?!?

you have the right reason to get mad, Kori. :tu

if you sell those tickets why not to fellow Spurs fans?
yeah that's frustrating:cry

v2freak
04-08-2006, 04:06 AM
This is yet another example of how, for many Americans, nothing is too sacred to sellout. If being a "fan" is your passion, and having season tickets on the second row of a professional basketball team's arena does qualify you for such a distinction, is not enough to fulfill your jones for sport, competition and the thrill of experiencing it all live, then you are "Fanitically" bankrupt.

That all being said, the Spurs are not ready for the post season, and Timmy knows it. I just hope they have a good showing in the playoffs. Noone is healthy, and team chelistry is not there. All we can do is hope and cheer.

Nice generalization

GoSpurs21
04-08-2006, 04:25 AM
maybe if Duncan would start playing instead of mailing in games like this the fans wouldnt sell their tickets

dont get mad at the fans for trying to make some money when the money guy mails in games

shit bowen let Dirk have a career day...if I would have known he was gonna play that way I would have sold my tickets to a mavs fan also

alamo50
04-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Must have been bowlin' night again.....

:loser

mouse.
04-08-2006, 07:06 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. why not have mav fans on the front row. That way if you win by 10 they get to see the asswaxing first hand...........oh...shit you lost....never mind...

SpursStillTippin
04-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Yea like i said before fair weathered fans seem to love the spurs. I bet yall were in here cheering last year in June but now times are a little rough and its "fuck the spurs" ok say what you want but yall will come back for 2006's riverparade. oh yea and the starter of this thread has the nicest rack on this site :spin

mouse.
04-08-2006, 07:23 AM
you call one of the best records in the NBA is tough times?

SpursWoman
04-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Didn't SW sell hers?

No, I sold them to 2 die-hard Spurs fans that drove all the way from Louisiana to see the game.

The sale was conditional....trust me, I asked. I wasn't selling my seats to Dallas fans. :lol

Slomo
04-08-2006, 07:35 AM
No, I sold them to 2 die-hard Spurs fans that drove all the way from Louisiana to see the game.

The sale was conditional....trust me, I asked. I wasn't selling my seats to Dallas fans. :lol
:tu :tu :tu

samikeyp
04-08-2006, 07:56 AM

Amen.

Also the "Chicken Little" routine is really old. Venting is one thing, the call to the End of Days is another. Love your team. Support your team. Don't run for cover at the first sign of adversity.

Ginofan
04-08-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought if you put them on the Spurs Ticket Exchange you really don't have control over who buys them? That's probably how alot of the Mav fans got theirs?

Anywho, I do agree. Spursfans are spoiled. I witnessed that personally in Game 6 of the 2005 Finals. What a disgraceful showing of support that was.

samikeyp
04-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Spursfans are spoiled.

yes.

Those of us who have been around awhile remember the dark days. (1985-1989) We remember when just making the playoffs was cause to celebrate. When people stood in line for championship t-shirts....Division Championship t-shirts. I think as a whole....Spurs fans may just be spoiled. Not all...but a lot.

SpursWoman
04-08-2006, 08:27 AM
I thought if you put them on the Spurs Ticket Exchange you really don't have control over who buys them? That's probably how alot of the Mav fans got theirs?

I didn't sell them on the TicketExchange....it's too big of a pain in the ass trying to get your money, it goes straight into your Spurs account.

Ginofan
04-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I didn't sell them on the TicketExchange....it's too big of a pain in the ass trying to get your money, it goes straight into your Spurs account.

Oh no I wasn't referring to your tickets, I was just saying that's probably where alot of people got their tickets. The game had been sold out for a while I thought. And that sucks about TE, they should just let you "cash out" instead of it going straight to your spurs account.

spurschick
04-08-2006, 09:23 AM
I know this is a long read, but...

I parked in my usual space at the arena, got out of the car and realized that there were some tailgating Mavs fans parked two spots over. They were cheering at the throngs of other Mavs fans walking towards the arena. When I got of my car at first, they said "You a Mavs fan?", to which I turned around and proudly displayed the big Spur logo in the middle of my shirt. They pointed to the Mavs flag they had stuck in the ground and jokingly said, "Should we allow you to park in Mavs parking?" I replied, "I'm allowing you to park in my lot." They proceeded to tell me, again jokingly, how they hoped that Tim would break his leg or that Pop would get shot in the face. I tried to keep things light and friendly, but the beer and the hype had them a bit too pumped up.

I was very surprised by the amount of Mavs fans there, but it was very easy for some of us to buy a group of tickets to go to the Rockets game in a couple weeks. I know the Spurs keep blocks of tickets for group sales and it appears that some Mavs fans scooped them up, along with whatever was available on ticketexchange and ebay. It's also possible that Cuban bought up anything that was available and gave them away.

At one point in the 4th quarter, some Mavs fans at the top of the balcony started chanting "go Mavs go" - it seemed that most Spurs fans were either shocked and/or annoyed that it was happening, but they certainly didn't step up to drown them out.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the answer is to any of this. How can we keep that many opposing fans out of our house?

Das Texan
04-08-2006, 11:07 AM
In the upper deck there seemed to be an entire section full of Mavs fans.

That shit sucked last night. I had Mavs fans all around me, for a few minutes, I was like....Where the Fuck am I?????

We cannot allow this kinda shit to happen, simply unaccecptable. The amount of Mavs fans was simply sickening.

Although a cute Mavs fan was giving us shit as we were leaving.....at least she was cute though ;)

101A
04-08-2006, 11:19 AM
This game was more important to Mavs than Spurs AND Mavsfan than Spursfan.

I sold my seats last year in the playoffs (2 games, 2 seats) for 7.5 Grand (held the seats for last night, however my brother & his son went).

You want to judge me- or other people who take advantage of getting some return on a (large) investment? We pay for those season tickets (18,000 not counting playoffs) which allow ALL Spurs fans the luxury of having a team which can afford top-notch talent. We pay that price for a team that is contending, or one that sucks (couldn't give seats away in '97). It's also not all coporate sponsorship in the charter seats. Lots of private ownership, some who can swing the bill, some who struggle to do so (and eventually get priced out) - those people offset the cost of the tickets by selling some of the big games. Got to do it. Costs too damn much otherwise.

How many of you would pass on that?

I pass on the offer, I am essentially PAYING 2 grand/seat per game!

angel_luv
04-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I heard that "go Mavs go" garbage! The nerve of them using our cheer in our arena! And I was mad at all the Spurs fans who let that slide.

I told the Mavs fans to sit down ( the implication being shut up but I have to be somewhat lady like at work :angel)

I doubt they could hear me from the restaurant but I was fairly loud though. :)

SpurYank
04-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Lighten up. Last night's game was the 76th out of 82. We're still programmed to lose one more, maybe two if TD and TP don't find their shot. Still, I don't look at last night's game like it was the 7th game of a series in the playoffs. The Pistons lost to Orlando, my hometown Wizards lost at Atlanta, and on and on. It's the "Major Leagues" of basketball. "On any given night."

I enjoyed the hell out of the game. Every Van Exel and Finley shot, and the play of Oberto, signaled for me what's likely to happen in the playoffs.

We won't shoot in the 30's too many times. I thought we did well on defense for the most part. We got more rebounds and more assists, a good sign. It was just that TD's and TP's shots didn't fall. I thought the traveling call on TD was also gutsy. Yeah, it was a great game

We'ge gone through these spells before.

Go out and enjoy your weekend. We have an exciting team here.

ploto
04-08-2006, 11:46 AM
First- please do not generalize about all season ticket holders. I am thrilled that where I sit- and it is down low- that the seats in our few rows are all individuals and families and the women are the rowdiest.

As for opposing fans, I can not complain. There were tons of us in Houston and we were chanting "Go Spurs Go" to the Rockets cheer, too. The Baseline Bums even had several rows together at that game.

If we play Dallas in the play offs, I plan to try to get my hands on some tickets to a game in Dallas and be there. It's fun cheering for the visiting team, especially when you win.

angel_luv
04-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I didn't think the Rockets cheer was Go Rockets Go. I forgot what it is... probably because I have yet to say it. hahaha

efrem1
04-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I know that in England, any opposing fans are relegated to certain area of the stadium so riots won't break out. Imagine Manchester United fans on the front row of a game at Arsenal. Let's relegate the Mavs fans to the upper balcony.

boutons_
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
The Mavs and Mavs fans smell the Spurs' blood in the water.

They think it's FINALLY their year, with AJ definitely upgrading the Mavs vs Don, to get past the Spurs.

ponky
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM

I'm a Mavs fan but I was shocked to see sooooooo many Mavs fans in the lower levels. I even saw a couple wearing the P Diddy Mavs gear sitting RIGHT behind the Spurs bench. I've been to Spurs/Mavs games in San Antonio but I've never seen as many Mavs fans as last night and I was watching the game on TV!

SpursWoman
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I really wouldn't care that much, but for the last several years, Mavs fans that come to the games in San Antonio are probably the most obnoxiously rude people on the planet ... and take their bullshit waaaay too far. Pretty similar to a lot of their fans that come into this forum, shit all over it, and then demand some kind of respect. WTF? For what?

There has been a couple that were/are pretty cool, but they definitely aren't the majority. Laker fans are not even that bad in comparison.

ponky
04-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I know this is a long read, but...

I parked in my usual space at the arena, got out of the car and realized that there were some tailgating Mavs fans parked two spots over. They were cheering at the throngs of other Mavs fans walking towards the arena. When I got of my car at first, they said "You a Mavs fan?", to which I turned around and proudly displayed the big Spur logo in the middle of my shirt. They pointed to the Mavs flag they had stuck in the ground and jokingly said, "Should we allow you to park in Mavs parking?" I replied, "I'm allowing you to park in my lot." They proceeded to tell me, again jokingly, how they hoped that Tim would break his leg or that Pop would get shot in the face. I tried to keep things light and friendly, but the beer and the hype had them a bit too pumped up.

I was very surprised by the amount of Mavs fans there, but it was very easy for some of us to buy a group of tickets to go to the Rockets game in a couple weeks. I know the Spurs keep blocks of tickets for group sales and it appears that some Mavs fans scooped them up, along with whatever was available on ticketexchange and ebay. It's also possible that Cuban bought up anything that was available and gave them away.

At one point in the 4th quarter, some Mavs fans at the top of the balcony started chanting "go Mavs go" - it seemed that most Spurs fans were either shocked and/or annoyed that it was happening, but they certainly didn't step up to drown them out.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the answer is to any of this. How can we keep that many opposing fans out of our house?

Do you really want to do that? I've been harassed to no end when I go to San Antonio to watch a Spurs/Mavs game. I've even had friends go with me who are rooting for the Spurs while we are rooting for the Mavs. And besides, I've seen plenty of Spurs fans up at the AAC as well. It's part of what makes the game fun. I'm sure the Mavs fans took a lot of harassment (all in good fun) from the Spurs fans when the Mavs were down by eleven points in the second quarter and if the Spurs had won this wouldn't even be a point of issue. Doesn't seem like Spurs fans mind too much, last time I went one of the 4 guys harassing me and my bf asked me out when my bf went out for some concessions!

ponky
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I really wouldn't care that much, but for the last several years, Mavs fans that come to the games in San Antonio are probably the most obnoxiously rude people on the planet ... and take their bullshit waaaay too far. Pretty similar to a lot of their fans that come into this forum, shit all over it, and then demand some kind of respect. WTF? For what?

There has been a couple that were/are pretty cool, but they definitely aren't the majority. Laker fans are not even that bad in comparison.

The Mavs fans that are more likely to make the four hour trek down to San Antonio are not your typical Mavs fans. They are rabid fans who take the effort to buy hard to find tix, travel 4 hours, watch a game in the opposing teams arena, etc. We have lots of the *corporate* fans who sit on their ass not cheering and talking on their cell phones too. I have been to games in San Antonio and hear racist comments from San Antonio fans. When Najera played for the Mavs some San Antonio fan called him a *wetback* and we nearly got into a fight with him but refrained because he was drinking too much. I feel like a lot of San Antonio fans, at least in the upper levels drink way too much, especially the groups of guys and they can get downright rude as well. However, I think this is probably the norm for most arenas so it's ridiculous to talk about one team's fans as an isolated case.

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 01:29 PM
hey cbf and mookie
remember when we went to that game when i was down at christmas and that kid in front of us never once looked up from his damn psp. what a fucking doosh. that was one guy that should have definitely been chode regulated.
its sad when people act that way. why even bother going to the game if youre not going to pay attention

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I know that in England, any opposing fans are relegated to certain area of the stadium so riots won't break out. Imagine Manchester United fans on the front row of a game at Arsenal. Let's relegate the Mavs fans to the upper balcony.
you snobby fucking bitch
sorry we cant all afford lower level seats, so lets stick the mavs fans up in the upper balcony, where all the poor people are right. fucking fag.

T Park
04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Do you really want to do that? I've been harassed to no end when I go to San Antonio to watch a Spurs/Mavs game. I've even had friends go with me who are rooting for the Spurs while we are rooting for the Mavs. And besides, I've seen plenty of Spurs fans up at the AAC as well. It's part of what makes the game fun. I'm sure the Mavs fans took a lot of harassment (all in good fun) from the Spurs fans when the Mavs were down by eleven points in the second quarter and if the Spurs had won this wouldn't even be a point of issue. Doesn't seem like Spurs fans mind too much, last time I went one of the 4 guys harassing me and my bf asked me out when my bf went out for some concessions!

Yeah, Im ready to do that.

I hope my seats didn't go to a shitfuck Maverick fan.

Spurschick is right, Maverick fans are the most obnoxious stupid fans on the planet.

When Najera played for the Mavs some San Antonio fan called him a *wetback* and we nearly got into a fight with him but refrained because he was drinking too much

You refrained cause that would've been stupid.

Go cry somewhere else moron.

spurschick
04-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you really want to do that?

I meant that question rhetorically. Obviously you can't keep opposing fans from coming to the arena and it can actually give some additional flavor to the game experience, but the home crowd can't allow opposing fans to be louder. That's a knock on us, not them.

angel_luv
04-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I meant that question rhetorically. Obviously you can't keep opposing fans from coming to the arena and it can actually give some additional flavor to the game experience, but the home crowd can't allow opposing fans to be louder. That's a knock on us, not them.

That is what I think too.

I expect the fans at Houston to tell us all to shut up when we are there- not that we'll listen. ;)

But if the situation was reversed, I know I would tell me to be quiet.

ponky
04-08-2006, 02:49 PM

Spurschick is right, Maverick fans are the most obnoxious stupid fans on the planet.

You refrained cause that would've been stupid.

KNOW WHAT?!?!?!? Your little precious Shhhhpurrrrs tickets ARE going to Mavs fans in the second round. KNOW WHY?!?!?! As a Spurs ticket season-holder with contacts to all the traitorous ticket holders willing to sale their tixs to me for a profit I'm ONLY selling to Mavericks fans who wanted come down to San Antonio. That was cute how the Spurs tried the zip code thing to keep Mavs fans from being able to attend the game in numbers a couple of years ago. It ticked me off so much that I decided to see how many tickets I could come up with and sell to opposing teams. I had some sweet sales when the Pistons beat the Spurs last month, ALL TO PISTONS FANS!!! Anyway, I'm a Mavs fan and all 20-25 of my tickets will be going to MAVS FANS ONLY!!!! Some Spurs fans are so insecure, I love it when Spurs fans go to the AAC, we welcome them with all the banter they can take and I wouldn't expect to be any different when we go down to that corrugated barn you call the AT&T center.

Melmart1
04-08-2006, 03:05 PM
KNOW WHAT?!?!?!? Your little precious Shhhhpurrrrs tickets ARE going to Mavs fans in the second round. KNOW WHY?!?!?! As a Spurs ticket season-holder with contacts to all the traitorous ticket holders willing to sale their tixs to me for a profit I'm ONLY selling to Mavericks fans who wanted come down to San Antonio. That was cute how the Spurs tried the zip code thing to keep Mavs fans from being able to attend the game in numbers a couple of years ago. It ticked me off so much that I decided to see how many tickets I could come up with and sell to opposing teams. I had some sweet sales when the Pistons beat the Spurs last month, ALL TO PISTONS FANS!!! Anyway, I'm a Mavs fan and all 20-25 of my tickets will be going to MAVS FANS ONLY!!!! Some Spurs fans are so insecure, I love it when Spurs fans go to the AAC, we welcome them with all the banter they can take and I wouldn't expect to be any different when we go down to that corrugated barn you call the AT&T center.

Considering you don't know how to use 'sale' and 'sell' in a sentence properly and have no idea what paragraphs or complete sentences are, I am quite impressed that you know the word 'corrugated'.

Angry Midget
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM

hey asshat how many seats does your fat brokeback mountain ass need?
what do you mean "my seats?" they have your name on them? If your so worried why not give them away to the SpursTalk posters. fuck no! Your greedy funnel cake fag ass is worried about the almighty $dollar$

your dick puppet ass started the name calling remember that

mouse.
04-08-2006, 03:12 PM

I rather see a real Maverick fan in those seats than some band wagon Spur fan

Carie
04-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I really wouldn't care that much, but for the last several years, Mavs fans that come to the games in San Antonio are probably the most obnoxiously rude people on the planet ... and take their bullshit waaaay too far.

I agree with this, although Laker fans are a lot quieter now than they used to be. Rockets' fans are pretty bad too. I'm a gracious host and visitor. When we have non-obnoxious fans in our area I talk to them and we have a FRIENDLY rivalry going on. At the end of the game, we part ways and wish each other luck, say we'll see each other in the playoffs, whatever. When we're on someone else's turf we're not rude. We wear our team colors and cheer for them win or lose. We try and talk with the people around us. But we do not rub it in people's faces when we kick their asses, and we do take our friendly rubbing when we don't.

But last night was pretty bad. However, in my area at least, most of the Dallas fans were quiet until the last MINUTE of the game. Then they got all loud and obnoxious and in your face. There's a difference between cheering for your team and just cheering to rub it in other people's faces. What was worse was out in the halls. John commented that they sounded like they just won the finals.

boutons_
04-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Hey you stinking little rodent and bandwagonning runt, where was all your trash-talking and baiting when the Mavs lost 5 games in 7 a couple weeks ago?

ponky
04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Considering you don't know how to use 'sale' and 'sell' in a sentence properly and have no idea what paragraphs or complete sentences are, I am quite impressed that you know the word 'corrugated'.

Haha, you are going to point out a couple of misspellings in my thread and ignore all those of your fellow Spurs fans on this board? So I accidentally messed up a homophone, big WOW. Anything else worth your measly 2 cents to add or is that it? I have been fairly mild on the board until one worthless Spurs fan had to act immature and start with the name calling...typical shhhpurrrrs. Too bad your brain isn't as large as your tits!

ShoogarBear
04-08-2006, 04:03 PM
These pathetic Mavs trolls wouldn't be around except their team won, and they will disappear just as fast when the inevitable elimination comes.

None of them can tell you anything about the NBA prior to 2000. They will never be heard from again in 2-3 years.

And they wonder why nobody respects them.

Smackie Chan
04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey you stinking little rodent and bandwagonning runt, where was all your trash-talking and baiting when the Mavs lost 5 games in 7 a couple weeks ago?

Translation: I am a one pissed off 16 year old Spurs fan and I need to vent!
hey asshat I was at MavTalk where else do you want me to make Maverick topics? why don't you grow a pair and post in the troll forum so I can really ass rape your brokeback ass.

ponky
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
These pathetic Mavs trolls wouldn't be around except their team won, and they will disappear just as fast when the inevitable elimination comes.

None of them can tell you anything about the NBA prior to 2000. They will never be heard from again in 2-3 years.

Before 2000? You mean back in the Rolando Blackman, Mark Aguirre era? Anyway, we were here well before the game so what's your point? Stop being so insecure, it's pathetic.

ShoogarBear
04-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Case in point. How many posts from punky will there be after the Mavs get bitchslapped again?

mouse.
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM

wow surgarbear showing his bitterness side? :lmao

How can they ? you call them Trolls for posting

we got all the respect we needed after last nights ass waxing of your Spurs

ponky
04-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Case in point. How many posts from punky will there be after the Mavs get bitchslapped again?

Some of you little sorry ass bandgwagon Spurs fans are REALLY scared aren't you? Haha, one game and you fold and get all defensive about your little Timmy and Toni Toni. BTW, a "case in point" would be used if you actually made a point, it's not to be used for some theoretical bullshit assumption in your mind that hasn't even happened (e.g. that Mavs fans won't post here after the second round if we lost).

Carie
04-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Unless he's changed names, he's only posted for 2 days now. I'm thinking this won't last long.

ponky
04-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Unless he's changed names, he's only posted for 2 days now. I'm thinking this won't last long.

way to make a *clever* assumption after two days...actually way to make two dumb assumptions...i'm sure you can figure this one out

Old School Chic
04-08-2006, 04:41 PM
ponky = El raton "Mouse"

Kori Ellis
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
ponky = El raton "Mouse"

Wrong.

You guys always think everyone is Mouse :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
04-08-2006, 04:50 PM
we got all the respect we needed after last nights ass waxing of your Spurs
One regular season win = "all the respect you need"?

Pretty low standards, then. Enjoy Dirk's Three-Point Contest "win" trophy.

SpursWoman
04-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Pretty similar to a lot of their fans that come into this forum, shit all over it, and then demand some kind of respect. WTF? For what?

Old School Chic
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
One regular season win = "all the respect you need"?

Pretty low standards, then. Enjoy Dirk's Three-Point Contest "win" trophy.

:lmao :flag:

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-08-2006, 04:58 PM
What Kori describes reminds me of game 6 of the Finals last year against Detroit. I flew down from Dallas to SA, and there was no emotion, no energy in that building. Everyone was there with a 'ho hum, guess we need to go find our seats and watch them play' attitude.

When we won it in '03 and I went to game 7 that place was electric.

Disappointed in the fans...

spurschick
04-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Pretty similar to a lot of their fans that come into this forum, shit all over it, and then demand some kind of respect. WTF? For what?

:clap

spurschick
04-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Disappointed in the fans...

I was yelling pretty loudly last night and muttered a few F-Bombs, which wouldn't have been so bad except there was little girl sitting next to me during the second half. :oops Oh well, guess you gotta expect that kind of thing if you bring a child to a game. If I had been screaming curse words, her mom would've had a beef with me, but I really was trying to keep it on the downlow.

Sportman
04-08-2006, 05:22 PM
In this sense i must admit the spurs fans could be argentinian lol. Here people get crazy when they look at this kind of games, i mean when your team lose as spurs did yesterday. But i think this is normal when we talk about a team who is still the champion and has a great record as spurs has. Nevertheless, these are the last moments of the season and ther REAL games start during playoffs. AND the real players play during playoffs too.

Holmes_Fans
04-08-2006, 05:35 PM
The Mavs fans that are more likely to make the four hour trek down to San Antonio are not your typical Mavs fans. They are rabid fans who take the effort to buy hard to find tix, travel 4 hours, watch a game in the opposing teams arena, etc. We have lots of the *corporate* fans who sit on their ass not cheering and talking on their cell phones too. I have been to games in San Antonio and hear racist comments from San Antonio fans. When Najera played for the Mavs some San Antonio fan called him a *wetback* and we nearly got into a fight with him but refrained because he was drinking too much. I feel like a lot of San Antonio fans, at least in the upper levels drink way too much, especially the groups of guys and they can get downright rude as well. However, I think this is probably the norm for most arenas so it's ridiculous to talk about one team's fans as an isolated case.
Kind of ironic fans from SAN ANTONIO are calling someone a wetback

SpursWoman
04-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Why? Are you assuming that everyone in San Antonio is HISPANIC?

Angry Midget
04-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Kind of ironic fans from SAN ANTONIO are calling someone a wetback

hey asshat that is not true! most of the greasy Mexicans here did not swim to get here, most of them came stuffed in a trunk of a car. Thier backs are very dry!

Sweetmelody
04-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Nothing made me more mad than seeing those six fans in row 2 all with Dirk jerseys on :flipoff :flipoff

I can't speak for other fans but I was ecstatic my first game of the year! :elephant
Hubby and I were suprised at how many Mavs fans were at the game, We were in section was 112 and we had some very "vocal" Mavs fans 5 rows behind us- one guy was annoying.

CharlieMac
04-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Man, I go to 2 games a year, if that. I'm pumped everytime I go. Some fans just don't appreciate what a treat it is to be there.

Old School Chic
04-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Man, I go to 2 games a year, if that. I'm pumped everytime I go. Some fans just don't appreciate what a treat it is to be there.

Exactly!

When I go to a game with my hubby It's amazing at the shit you see with binoculars... People chatting on cell phones, couples fighting :lol ,
some falling asleep *coughs* Amy Tim's wife, etc...

Like one silly Detroit fan once said...

"It's funny how Spurs fans are not as outgoing as we Detroit fans are... I guess they are still in shock because of the years It's taken the Spurs to finally become NBA Champs... :lmao

ploto
04-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I expect the fans at Houston to tell us all to shut up when we are there- not that we'll listen. ;)

Actually the Rockets fans didn't. The ones sitting next to me asked me if I would take their picture all together, and I was happy to do it. I sat and chatted with them.

Last year during the Finals- it just so happens that a pair of seats right in front of me went to Detroit-- the organization-- so I chatted with a player's wife one game and another player's friends another. I had no problem with them cheering for their team and me for mine.

As for the cheer- just about every stadium uses the same 3 drum beat cheer-- whether it's Go Spurs Go!! or Let's go Heat!! - it's all the same.