PDA

View Full Version : Might be playing the Lakers

efrem1
04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Phoenix just beat the Lakers while Sacto outlasted the Clips. The rest of their games are at home so it looks better for Sacto be in the 7th.

BillsCarnage
04-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Geez, i hope not. The Suns will get pounded by the Kings.

JMarkJohns
04-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Geez, i hope not. The Suns will get pounded by the Kings.

Agreed. Suns need weak to raw/inconsistant frontcourts in order to advance.

LA, Denver... Those types.

Sacramento can run, can shoot and can rebound.

Suns can do just two of the three...

BillsCarnage
04-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Sac would beat the Suns in 5, maybe 6, games.

I don't think they'll get past Denver if they get to the 2nd round. No KT/inside presense in the PO's = short run.

JMarkJohns
04-08-2006, 12:29 AM
They beat Denver without KT just a weak ago, in the midst of their recent struggles and Denver's hot streak.

Denver can't shoot, doesn't play great defense and has a talented, but inconsistant frontcourt.

I'm not scared of Denver in a 7-game series.

RON ARTEST
04-08-2006, 12:44 AM
wow im so freakin happy right now. i didnt think my kings would pull this game out towards the end but Artest was just clutch. the kings are now the 7 seed.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-08-2006, 01:00 AM
They beat Denver without KT just a weak ago, in the midst of their recent struggles and Denver's hot streak.

Denver can't shoot, doesn't play great defense and has a talented, but inconsistant frontcourt.

I'm not scared of Denver in a 7-game series.

likewise :lol

denver is a different team with added physical depth, a 7 game series is a different story to single games here and there

not scared of any team in the west playoffs except the spurs, clips and mavs

Amuseddaysleeper
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM

denver is a different team with added physical depth, a 7 game series is a different story to single games here and there

you guys could beat the clips and def. take spurs and mavs to at least 6 games. carmelo has made huge strides this year

jesus i meant you could beat the clips in a playoff series not the spurs!! :oops

JMarkJohns
04-08-2006, 01:14 AM

Suns are 3-1 vs. the Nuggets this year and 5-1 against the Nuggets under Karl.

I'm not scared in the least.

missmyzte
04-08-2006, 01:24 AM
I can't say that I'd be very depressed if the Spurs and Lakers play each other ... cuz then I'd get to see some Spurs playoff games.

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Give us the lakers, easy first round exit in 4 games for the lakers. Lets send them home fishin.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Suns are 3-1 vs. the Nuggets this year and 5-1 against the Nuggets under Karl.

I'm not scared in the least.

only faced the suns once since the trade and that was a b2b

every team is allowed some slack for b2b losses

like i said, 7 game series is different......

it will be a good series if both teams get past the 1st round

JMarkJohns
04-08-2006, 01:57 AM
only faced the suns once since the trade

Will you have Boykins by the second round? If not, that's a huge loss vs. the Suns.

...like i said, 7 game series is different......

Not that much. It can expose weakness more so than a single game can, but realistically, these two teams already know how to play, but know you have to stay healthy or shoot better and actually staying healthy and shooting better isn't something easily done, so seven games really doesn't change that.

Denver's rebounders, save for Evans, aren't the type of rebounders that really hurt the Suns. Camby is quality, but he's been violently inconsistant of late (I have him on my fantasy team, so I do know this for a fact). Martin, the same... Elson you can't depend on realistically.

Patterson is a nice addition, but he's not the answer at SG.

I'd say that the loss of Boykins will have more of an impact than any addition the Nuggets have made.

I think Denver has two-game potential. Sorry. My honest opinion.

5-1 vs. the Karl led Nuggets and the Suns have homecourt.

Not seeing the upset. Not at all.

You can thank Boykins for that one win to boot.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Will you have Boykins by the second round? If not, that's a huge loss vs. the Suns.

Not that much. It can expose weakness more so than a single game can, but realistically, these two teams already know how to play, but know you have to stay healthy or shoot better and actually staying healthy and shooting better isn't something easily done, so seven games really doesn't change that.

Denver's rebounders, save for Evans, aren't the type of rebounders that really hurt the Suns. Camby is quality, but he's been violently inconsistant of late (I have him on my fantasy team, so I do know this for a fact). Martin, the same... Elson you can't depend on realistically.

Patterson is a nice addition, but he's not the answer at SG.

I'd say that the loss of Boykins will have more of an impact than any addition the Nuggets have made.

I think Denver has two-game potential. Sorry. My honest opinion.

5-1 vs. the Karl led Nuggets and the Suns have homecourt.

Not seeing the upset. Not at all.

You can thank Boykins for that one win to boot.

well Boykins will be back by the first round and on fire by the 2nd :hat or else ill be :drunk lol

SenorSpur
04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
The one and only good thing about a playoff matchup with the Fakers is shoving four defeats down the Zenmater's bearded throat. It would be fun watching him squirm.

Leetonidas
04-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Give us the lakers, easy first round exit in 4 games for the lakers. Lets send them home fishin.

I agree. We could probably sweep LA. Then we'd get plenty of rest for the long series winner of Dallas vs. LA Clippers.

aaronstampler
04-10-2006, 01:25 AM
I'd love to play the Lakers. We'd fuck them up yo! If somehow we could get them, the Mavs, and the Suns back-to-back-to-back, we could go the finals without any thuggery or flagrant fouls, which'd be nice.

Although thenit would be quite a culture shock to get used to the physical nature of the Pistons...

Maybe we should get at least one rough series under our belts, just to prepare for that...

I'm feeling mighty ambivelant. I hate that.

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2006, 04:44 AM
what really sucked was that clippers losin to teh fakers, sumshit is brewing here, inside job probaly

boutons_
04-10-2006, 09:01 AM
They split the season H2H, are now tied but Kings hold the next 2 tie-breakers.

Remaining schedules:

Kings:

Tue 11 Phoenix

Sat 15 @ Denver
Sun 16 NO/Okla. City

Tue 18 Seattle

Lakers:

Tue 11 Golden State

Fri 14 Portland

Sun 16 Phoenix

Wed 19 NO/Okla. City

===================

If they both finish 4-0 or 3-1, will still be tied, so Kings@7 and Lakers@8.

Lakers will move upt o 7th seed only if they finish with better record.

1Parker1
04-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Lakers vs Spurs would be a sweep...or at the very most 4-1. Either way Lakers are doomed. They wouldn't be able to handle the Suns either.

pache100
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Lakers vs Spurs would be a sweep...or at the very most 4-1. Either way Lakers are doomed. They wouldn't be able to handle the Suns either.

:tu Poor Lakers. http://i1.tinypic.com/v4mseb.gif

boutons_
04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Phil knows very well how to stop the Spurs, just deny the paint, but he doesn't have Shaq and Karl now like he did in May 04. He did a pretty good job here:

http://www.nba.com/games/20060310/LALSAS/boxscore.html

... beating the Spurs in the paint, 56 - 26 and winning the game. Kobe is always dangerous in crunch time.

pache100
04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Phil knows very well how to stop the Spurs, just deny the paint,

Phil would actually have to be doing some coaching to make that work. Those guys are not smart enough to figure it out on their own.

boutons_
04-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Phil has elminated and out-coached Pop in the playoffs a few times, the dramatic 04 collapse of the Spurs being the most recent.

1Parker1
04-10-2006, 10:33 AM
It doesn't matter how good of a coach Phil is or how many points Kobe will score. They have no one outside those two. Did you see their statline against the Suns? Kobe scored 51 points on 55% shooting, Odom had 12 points...rest of the team combined for something like 16 points total. So unless Kobe plans to go for 90 points...I just don't see the Lakers winning more than one game in that series if it should come to that.

pache100
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Phil has elminated and out-coached Pop in the playoffs a few times,

I'm not talking about that, though. I'm talking about this year; Phil is not coaching now. He's taking up space and smiling at the Busses and cashing paychecks. But he's not affecting the team much. All that stuff in the past is not going to help these Lakers.

boutons_
04-10-2006, 11:33 AM
"he's not affecting the team much"

I bet he's coaching plenty, but he just doesn't have the quality of horses he had earlier @CHI and @LAL. Phil's hand was all over their W @ATT, coupled with good Lakes execution of Phil's game plan and Laker hustle, Spurs lose.

pache100
04-10-2006, 11:59 AM

I bet he's coaching plenty, but he just doesn't have the quality of horses he had earlier @CHI and @LAL. Phil's hand was all over their W @ATT, coupled with good Lakes execution of Phil's game plan and Laker hustle, Spurs lose.

I don't think so. You and I have differing views on Phil's current coaching. That's cool. I don't think he's coached much at all since mid-season of the year he left the Lakers.

1Parker1
04-10-2006, 12:06 PM

His "hand" wasn't anywhere...just look at the Spurs overall record in Back to backs this season...

Vashner
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh yea it would be sweet to sweep em up.. Asterisk * this PHIL signs ...

BigVee
04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I think the Lakers finish 7th. Their schedule is easier. All at home. Sac has to play at Denver and home against a hot Seattle team.

boutons_
04-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Do you think Lakers and Kings care very much about 1st round vs Spurs or Suns?

Kings are 2-1 vs Suns, with last game tomorrow @SAC

Lakers are 0-3 vs Suns, with last game Wednesday @PHX