PDA

View Full Version : NVE really sucked it up tonight, eh?

Please_dont_ban_me
04-08-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't know how worse he can be as a 3rd string point guard.

We should just cut him. He's a curse upon the air we breathe.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-08-2006, 01:00 AM
i hope to god this is a sarcasm paraody thread. I've been on NVE's ass all season and even I had to shut the fuck up when i saw that he was 4-4 behind the arc. tonight's game was the only game all season where people were begging for NVE to come back in!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-08-2006, 01:03 AM
dont get too happy, he will keep in you some games but he will also shoot you out of some games when it counts

he did that last time the nuggets played the spurs in san antonio

he hit a couple of shots and so took some down the stretch and missed badly

Amuseddaysleeper
04-08-2006, 01:04 AM
oh i'm not getting happy at all if that post was directed at me. i'm still gonna cringe when he hoists up a shot. but just that tonight to his credit he did play well

SPARKY
04-08-2006, 01:05 AM
He's fine, but it sucks that we have to count on a 45 year old guard to give this team some life off the bench. I'm glad ownership saved some $ this year. Maybe $ can be put on the playoff roster.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-08-2006, 01:06 AM
He's fine, but it sucks that we have to count on a 45 year old guard to give this team some life off the bench. I'm glad ownership saved some $ this year. Maybe $ can be put on the playoff roster.

Maybe if he was 45, white...and planned on being a TNT commentator after retiring.

leemajors
04-08-2006, 01:26 AM
he was great when he waited for the ball to come back to him. it wasn't as good when he drove to the lane without passing and wasted a few posessions. he did keep us in it, though.

T-Pain
04-08-2006, 01:44 AM
hes a Bad Mother that NVE

zocool16
04-08-2006, 04:58 AM
yeah i kinda wished he would shoot only three-pointers though, cuz it seems to me that everytime he shoots one of his one handed runners, they never go in?... keep shootin 3's nick!

SenorSpur
04-09-2006, 10:06 PM
oh i'm not getting happy at all if that post was directed at me. i'm still gonna cringe when he hoists up a shot. but just that tonight to his credit he did play well

I feel ya. I, too, must fess up. I've also been on NVE ass for his lack of productivity, fast-jacking, and turnovers. I was at the game and I also got to "give him his props.

I'm not going to start ridin' his jock. I'm just saying that on this night, he kept the team in it with his shooting and playmaking on this night. He played very well.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I feel ya. I, too, must fess up. I've also been on NVE ass for his lack of productivity, fast-jacking, and turnovers. I was at the game and I also got to "give him his props.

I'm not going to start ridin' his jock. I'm just saying that on this night, he kept the team in it with his shooting and playmaking on this night. He played very well.

This night.

...and the night I made the thread on. ;p

SenorSpur
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
This night.

...and the night I made the thread on. ;p

Actually, that's what I meant - the game versus the Mavs. I've been away from the forum for a couple of days.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Actually, that's what I meant - the game versus the Mavs. I've been away from the forum for a couple of days.

I was wondering where you were.

This thread was in your honor. :princess

SenorSpur
04-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Thank you. You know I've been on his ass as much as anyone. I slunk down in my expensive seats when he starting hitting those threes.

In fact, I kinda had hoped the Spurs would have rode his seemingly hot hand for a while. No one else was hittin' shit.

Please_dont_ban_me
04-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Thank you. You know I've been on his ass as much as anyone. I slunk down in my expensive seats when he starting hitting those threes.

In fact, I kinda had hoped the Spurs would have rode his seemingly hot hand for a while. No one else was hittin' shit.

Sadly, as he was hitting them I was thinking "hahaha I'm going to make a thread for SenorSpur". This is pathetic.

SenorSpur
04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Sadly, as he was hitting them I was thinking "hahaha I'm going to make a thread for SenorSpur". This is pathetic.

It's such a pleasure to be "immortalized" within the confines of the forum.

I'm honored.

I guess that now makes me President of the NVE Senior Citizens Home and Retirement Club?

SequSpur
04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
most of you are stupid.

T Park
04-10-2006, 01:26 AM
just wondering if Van Exel did enough for the haters again tonight.

Slo spurs fan
04-10-2006, 03:33 AM
just wondering if Van Exel did enough for the haters again tonight.
Come again with this comment (about doing enough for haters) when Beno will have good game.

101A
04-10-2006, 08:02 AM
most of you are stupid.

:lol

Slo spurs fan
04-11-2006, 11:23 PM
NVE really sucked it up tonight, eh?

Yep

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2006, 11:25 PM
:lmao. . .I just noticed PDBM's title!

:lol @ Timvp!

Classic!

T Park
04-11-2006, 11:34 PM
NVE really sucked it up tonight, eh?

Yep

only missed 2 shots

5 rebounds

2 assists

1 block

Wanna tell me how thats bad genius???

of course you can't, because your a Beno homer who takes everything personal and can't see that Van Exel is the better fit...

Dre_7
04-12-2006, 02:25 AM
I didnt watch the game. But from what I was hearing on the radio broadcast, it sounded like NVE was playing very well. The Spurs radio guys were saying he was running the team well, passing well, and getting boards.

cs100
04-12-2006, 02:28 AM
I, for one, am grateful that he is on our team. We need his cold blooded cool on the floor when the playoff games get intense. He won't be afraid to shoot the three. Pop has been bringing him in at the same time as he brings in Finley because I think it somehow helps his play. Nick also knows that he is a reserve and not a starter, so he won't take too many shots (unless they go in :lol).

Slo spurs fan
04-12-2006, 02:34 AM
only missed 2 shots

5 rebounds

2 assists

1 block

Wanna tell me how thats bad genius???

of course you can't, because your a Beno homer who takes everything personal and can't see that Van Exel is the better fit...
Where did I mentioned Beno???

So zero points in 22 min. is good?
Oh I forgot he´s American so he is better than Beno by defoult. :rolleyes
See, now I mention Beno.

sprrs
04-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Nick also knows that he is a reserve and not a starter, so he won't take too many shots (unless they go in :lol).

I've been supporting Van Exel as much as anyone, but I completely disagree with you on th at. He's gonna be jacking up shots regardless of whether they're going in or not.

rayray2k8
04-12-2006, 01:21 PM
The guy took 2 shots in a row and he miss badly the 2nd time...
It didnt even touch the rim!!!

boutons_
04-12-2006, 01:41 PM
The worst team FG% is 43%
Spurs' team FG% is 47%
Nick's FG% is 39%

The worst team 3G% is 33%
Spurs' team 3G% is 38%
Nick's 3G% is 35%.

So Nick is an inefficient scorer by any measure.
And it's just amazing how bad his shot selection is.

He does have a better AST/TO than the Spurs' team.

If he could just not jack up so many horrible, early shots, he'd be so much more valuable, or at least, less harmful.

His (and Michael's) Mavs game was wonderful, probably as ex-Mavs, but Nick hardly ever scores like that.