PDA

View Full Version : Overreacting To The Loss

SpursStillTippin
04-08-2006, 03:27 AM
After every Spurs loss comes all you negative fans. This site might have the most fair weathered fans i have ever seen. Born and raised in San Antonio and real fans stick behind their team no matter what. get the fuck off this site if you aint gonna stick around for the good AND bad times. I dont want to see half of you in here when we repeat. go be a hornet fan if you think they have more heart but remember the hornets season ends in May.

polandprzem
04-08-2006, 03:42 AM
It happens that those fans are here for a long time.

Did they quit?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-08-2006, 03:43 AM
It happens that those fans are here for a long time.

Did they quit?

exactly

Bruno
04-08-2006, 06:03 AM
After every Spurs loss comes all you negative fans. This site might have the most fair weathered fans i have ever seen. Born and raised in San Antonio and real fans stick behind their team no matter what. get the fuck off this site if you aint gonna stick around for the good AND bad times. I dont want to see half of you in here when we repeat. go be a hornet fan if you think they have more heart but remember the hornets season ends in May.

It's my exact feeling.
This loss isn't the end of the world

mouse.
04-08-2006, 06:32 AM
There is a problem with your topic , you may want to leave out the word Fan :lmao

mouse.
04-08-2006, 06:55 AM
I had no idea the playoffs started yesterday.man I need to get me a calender real bad.So Spurs lost game one of the first round? or was yesterdays game round II? From reading some of these topics you would think it was game 5 of the finals. You kool-aid drinking Spur fans need to uncork your heads from your asshats and start acting like you have been here before. This is not your first loss before you enter the playoffs. This is not your first NBA Championship ring.

Stop acting like a bunch of pissed off soccer moms get behind your Spurs, Don't just support them when they win, they need your support when they lose also.
I don't get Spur fans, they have no problem paying 10 dollars for parking as they spend 4 hours standing in the hot ass sun waiting for some slow ass river barge to pass by with some sweaty ass NBA players hoping they might get one of them to wave at them. But they can't sit in thier air conditioned homes and take 2 minutes from thier cheesy bandwagon days to support thier team by posting something positive?

If this is how this romper room of a forum is going to act with a regular season loss? Then you may as well pull a TPark and dive off the wagon now! save the rest of us all the drama

polandprzem
04-08-2006, 07:24 AM
STFU already

Thats sorry to bitch on milion threads about bitching.

You are not the real mouse so GTHOOH

Pandaemonaeon
04-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Is this guy an awesome trash talker or what? :lol

ALVAREZ6
04-08-2006, 09:00 AM
It's called venting.

It's hard to go to sleep after a loss like that unless you bitch about the Spurs first.

I'm still here.

SAGambler
04-08-2006, 10:12 AM

I have to agree. You would think Dallas won by 25 or 30 last night the way fans are jumping ship.

Actually, if Nazr and Tim make their free throws, and consider the last Dallas points came on intentional fouls, Spurs win.

Now I know Tim struggles many nights with FT, but Nazr had hit something like 19 of his last 20, and yet went 1 for 4 last night.

We had more assists, more rebounds, less fouls. The one stat that killed was TOs. 12 to 9 I think it was.

I mean damn, when you shoot 12 or 13 percent less from the floor and lose by 6, it has to mean you were doing something right.

A couple of those 3s that missed by inches go in, and it's a different outcome.

I just don't get this "The Spurs are done for and can't win another championship" after a measly 6 point lose to the third best team in the league.

In fact, if Howard doesn't have the half of his life, Dallas probably loses by 10 or more.

Bruno
04-08-2006, 10:36 AM
It's called venting.

Not saying stupid things is called maturity.

ducks
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
duncan and parker were hurt and
duncan had the flu and his misses were short due ot tired legs

as bad as they played to some people the spurs are right there
It is not the mavs destroyed the spurs

SAGambler
04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
What? I would have sworn they lost by 50 by some of these posts.

polandprzem
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
What? I would have sworn they lost by 50 by some of these posts.

DO

NOT

READ

THEM

!!!

LEONARD
04-08-2006, 11:35 AM
You'd think it was the end of the world in Spurs-land!! Some of these threads are just rediculous. I question some of these "fans" that post here...

Chill people...the Mavs/Spurs split in the regular season, each with a win on the other's floor. Each team had missing or banged up players of varying importance in every game. The Mavs gained some confidence last night, but that's about all you should take from it. The Mavs won't get the #1 seed...their remaining schedule is too tough. If anything, I figure last night was a wake-up call for the Spurs (I thought the Kings game would've been, but I guess not).

They'll meet in the 2nd round and it should be one hell of a series, especially if each team is (more) healthy by then.

Josh Howard is the key for the Mavs...they're undefeated this season when he gets 20 pts (21-0 or something like that). I think he'll be an all-star some day. He's got to be the best bang-for-the-buck player in the league...less than $1M this year (still on his rookie contract) and the last pick in the 1st round. Dirk will get his points for the most part and will probably have a couple really good games and a couple really off games in the playoff matchup. Parker / Duncan were really off last night, which won't happen too often. The Spurs will be fine. The Mavs are still the team with something to prove...

:fro

pking
04-08-2006, 12:45 PM

While I see your point and also thought it was kinda funny when I poked around here last night, seeing everybody overreact like Dallas had just blown you guys out; I do not understand the excuse making.

Probably a legit contributor to the struggles last night, yes. But, when Dallas fans ever mention having 4 of the top 8 players out of the rotation being a contributor to the struggles they went through recently, we were basically told to STFU and deal with it, we still had Dirk, injuries are no excuse, etc, etc, etc.

SuperManu!!!
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM

I don't know if they were hurt or not, but it sounds like excuses to me

Fabbs
04-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't know if they were hurt or not, but it sounds like excuses to me
concur.

Duncan had the flu?
Parker was hurt?

The Spurs have a bench.
Popavich has a brain.
Use them.

SPARKY
04-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Does the margin really matter? Man, let's find some better excuses.

T Park
04-08-2006, 01:35 PM
The Spurs have a bench.
Popavich has a brain.
Use them

Yeah lets sub in Sean Marks for Duncan.

That makes sense.

You have a brain, use it.

Does the margin really matter? Man, let's find some better excuses.

Your best player is 50%

and your crunch time big man isn't with the team and you lose by 6 to your main western Rival.

The world aint fallin apart Magic.

SPARKY
04-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I've been through this team through the highs and lows, before the Spurs ever had the right to select a certain midshipman from the US Naval Academy back in 1987. I don't need lectures about what it means to be a Spurs fan. This team simply doesn't have it this season. Sure, I'll cheer for them until the end of this season, again, as I've done forever. No Spurs title team that I've seen has dropped games against playoff caliber opponents at home in April. Some teams that didn't win the title were able to get such wins at this point in the season.

SPARKY
04-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Is he going to be anything more than 50% anytime soon?

Vashner
04-08-2006, 01:57 PM
It was the 30 minute start.

People where not drunk enough...

pking
04-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I have to agree. You would think Dallas won by 25 or 30 last night the way fans are jumping ship.

Actually, if Nazr and Tim make their free throws, and consider the last Dallas points came on intentional fouls, Spurs win.

Now I know Tim struggles many nights with FT, but Nazr had hit something like 19 of his last 20, and yet went 1 for 4 last night.

We had more assists, more rebounds, less fouls. The one stat that killed was TOs. 12 to 9 I think it was.

I mean damn, when you shoot 12 or 13 percent less from the floor and lose by 6, it has to mean you were doing something right.

A couple of those 3s that missed by inches go in, and it's a different outcome.

I just don't get this "The Spurs are done for and can't win another championship" after a measly 6 point lose to the third best team in the league.

In fact, if Howard doesn't have the half of his life, Dallas probably loses by 10 or more.

I agree with everything you said except that last point about JHo. You do realize that Josh is HUGE for this team and he pretty much always provides the bulk of his offense in the first half? That was not the 'half of his life'..that's just what he does for us. He is very underrated.

T Park
04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I agree with everything you said except that last point about JHo. You do realize that Josh is HUGE for this team and he pretty much always provides the bulk of his offense in the first half? That was not the 'half of his life'..that's just what he does for us. He is very underrated

Yeah, Im sure he puts those points on Bowen if hes guarding him right???

:lol

pking
04-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm not saying he's superman and can do anything against anybody. Obviously Bowen is a badass defender. I'm just saying, it wasn't something way out of the norm for him to have a good start to the game. The way it was mentioned was as if Josh can't do much so a 20 point performance in the first half was this crazy ass event that will never happen again; a fluke. That's not true.

Melmart1
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
a fan isnt someone who just goes to games, watches games or buys merchandise. to me, a fan is someone who ENJOYS their team while they are in their prime and about to break a franchise record for wins. but maybe i am just more of a big picture kinda gal, rather than a piss-and-moan-over-each-loss type of girl.

ponky
04-08-2006, 02:41 PM

Problem is, Howard is the most energetic guy on the Mavs team, he will ALWAYS have life...even when they call phantom technicals on him!!! :owned

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
is the people who overreact to the spurs losing a game. like they should never lose a game ever. :rolleyes grow the fuck up, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. its not the end of the world.
does tim want to play? someone asks. no he doesnt, hes tired of the spurs and the nba. :rolleyes more than likely though he's tired of dumbasses like you asking stupid quesitns like that.

this is in no way relevant to kori's post. i agree with her. if you go to a game, make noise and suport your team. especially if there is an absurd amount of opposing teams fans there. this is in direct relevance though to the people, and you know who you are, who everytime the spurs lose act as if they are the only nba team who has ever lost in the history of the game basketball.
this isnt college football, you dont have to have a perfect record to go to the champ game.

/rant

Leetonidas
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
There's like 10 threads about this already. It annoys all of us.

chode_regulator
04-08-2006, 03:04 PM
well now theres 11
its time to start banning people :hang :ban: :guin :sombrero: :cell

v2freak
04-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I have mixed feelings about that. Sometimes people spaz over every little thing and others believe the Spurs should never be critisized.

mouse.
04-08-2006, 03:16 PM
STFU already

Thats sorry to bitch on milion threads about bitching.

You are not the real mouse so GTHOOH

what is more lame is you repling to each one. Pull the foreskin off your eyes and see I am setting the record straight. your dick puppet ass needs to read the topic not just scroll over it.
BTW asshat did you not get the memo? Wanabe moderators are to report to kori, That means you!

himat
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I had no idea the playoffs started yesterday.man I need to get me a calender real bad.So Spurs lost game one of the first round? or was yesterdays game round II? From reading some of these topics you would think it was game 5 of the finals. You kool-aid drinking Spur fans need to uncork your heads from your asshats and start acting like you have been here before. This is not your first loss before you enter the playoffs. This is not your first NBA Championship ring.

Stop acting like a bunch of pissed off soccer moms get behind your Spurs, Don't just support them when they win, they need your support when they lose also.
I don't get Spur fans, they have no problem paying 10 dollars for parking as they spend 4 hours standing in the hot ass sun waiting for some slow ass river barge to pass by with some sweaty ass NBA players hoping they might get one of them to wave at them. But they can't sit in thier air conditioned homes and take 2 minutes from thier cheesy bandwagon days to support thier team by posting something positive?

If this is how this romper room of a forum is going to act with a regular season loss? Then you may as well pull a TPark and dive off the wagon now! save the rest of us all the drama

Damn
:madrun

mouse.
04-08-2006, 03:51 PM
a fan isnt someone who just goes to games, watches games or buys merchandise. to me, a fan is someone who ENJOYS their team while they are in their prime and about to break a franchise record for wins. but maybe i am just more of a big picture kinda gal, rather than a piss-and-moan-over-each-loss type of girl.

wow a female pulling out the fan smack bat on you lame ass spur fans.
I wonder if she can tell me what kind of fan this person is

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18939