PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Have The Mongolian Body Rot?

04-08-2006, 07:35 PM
So, I get home from Florida for my monthly trip home, and while I was looking forward to doing a little turkey hunting this morning, parked alongside 10 East just West of the Luling exit at 0530 heaving my guts until I get Rambo abs wasn't part of the bargin. If I'd been hungover, I could understand, but the wife says this crap is going around. So here I sit in front of the computer alternating between sweating my ass off or freezing my 'nads, and wondering how long this crap lasts.

Anyone have any clue?

Zombie
04-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Your wife poisoned you! :spin

Vashner
04-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Replenish your fluids and if you keep puking another day then go see your doctor.

Maybe you ate something bad?

Samr
04-09-2006, 04:39 PM
There's something that has been going around like this. Almost everyone I know has it, or is recovering from it. The fact I've managed to stay clean, no cold or anything, defies all common sense.

But what you described sounds exactly like what everyone else has been having. Puking, in large ammounts, and feeling like shit. It came on pretty fast and unexpectedly, didn't it? Don't worry, it leaves just as fast.

*edit* Gatorade does wonders when you're sick. Replenishes your fluids as well as minerals. And it tastes good, too.

04-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Today is about 200% better than yesterday. Don't know if it was the bug going around, or since I've been gone I've been eating real healthy (low fat/low cholesterol) and the day before I had a Chester's chilicheeseburger (I had a BK Lounge burger one night after dive class and felt like crap the entire next day).

Regardless, it looks llike the worst is over (for now).

exstatic
04-09-2006, 06:22 PM
A woman at work had a bug almost exactly like you describe. Her's was gone in ~24 hours, too.

Vashner
04-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Could be allergies if not bad chili.

Oak just popped a few days ago it's yellow season.

pache100
04-10-2006, 09:22 AM
We have 15 people here visiting our office from all over the country (and two from outside CONUS). ONE person of that group has had this since she got here. She was down for 2 1/2 days. It's weird that no one else from our group has had it. I do know of several other people who work in this building who have had it over the past few weeks, though.

And this sounds almost EXACTLY like what Tim Duncan was dealing with.

Hope you feel better. Drink LOTS of water until well after you are on the mend. The danger of dehydration goes well past the point that you begin to feel better.