PDA

View Full Version : Rasho's minutes

ploto
04-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I know I am asking for it by posting this thread, but I just thought this was some interesting food for thought. My intention is NOT to bash Nazr-- what I am doing is "lobbying" for more consistent minutes for Rasho.

Since the All-Star break, the Spurs are 18-6 with Rasho not starting. I said back then I understood advantages for the team to starting Nazr and having Rasho come off the bench, but my problem has been with those games where Rasho has hardly played. So I checked, and this is what I discovered. Apparently, I was not imagining what I thought I had observed.

Since All-Star break:

Rasho played > 20 minutes; Spurs 5-0
Rasho played 14<x<20; Spurs 5-1
Rasho played 10<x<14; Spurs 4-2
Rasho played <10; Spurs 4-3

I really think the team needs a little more Rasho and the stability he brings defensively. I see a team that hasn't been executing very well. I hope I see some Rasho on Pao tonight.

boutons_
04-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Defense has been bad, and Nazr is famous for contributing to no defense.

wildbill2u
04-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I think you may be onto something. If Nazr had continued to put up spectacular--or even adequate numbers--then maybe the change would have been justified.

But since that one game I don't think Nazr has done much to improve the rotation. We're losing games because of poor defense.

zeleni
04-09-2006, 12:23 PM
ploto, props for stat magic!

I still hope Rasho becomes the last adjustment before playoffs. like..the only player who can stop Dirk.

exstatic
04-09-2006, 12:53 PM
De-fense. Teams just don't challenge the lane as much when Rasho is in there, and he STILL gets more blocks than Nazr (almost double) in about 1.5 mins more per game on average.

Pop putting an energy/hustle guy who plays no D in the starting lineup over a defense guy was a huge mistake. I always thought it didn't make any difference who started, but teams are coming right out of the gate and attacking the paint, and once they can score there, they don't stop attacking. You could still get your extra rebounding from Nazr or Oberto off the bench.

Bruno
04-09-2006, 01:10 PM
:lol

Stats can prove what you want, you need to look behind them.

Spurs are 5-0 with Rasho playing more than 20, great but just look at these games :
- 3 were easy games at the end of February when Horry was out. We could have won at home against Knicks, Warriors and Sonics even without Rasho.
- 1 was against Houston : everybody here agree that Rasho is way better than Nazr against Yao.
- 1 was against Utah.

Rasho has in fact being helpful in 2 of this 5 games : one against one of the two players that give a lot of troubles to Nazr (Yao and Shaq) and the other against Utah.

Since the start of march (when Horry came back) : Rasho has played 10.7min/games for 1.8pts and 2rbs per game. I'm not sure that he deserves to play more. Spurs will play with a 3 bigmen rotation in the playoff (Duncan/Horry/Nazr) like they did last year. Rasho will only be used in case of foul troubles of if Spurs reach the final and play against Shaq.

TOP_MODEL_M
04-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Rasho has to start, Narz hurts our defence much more than he helps the rebounding.

Besides, having in mind that we prob won't keep Nazr after this season, and eventually do everything to get rid of Rasho, I think it's high time we gave Javtokas a chance. He's strong and ultra athletic and will fit in much better than Oberto did. I'd love to see him in a Spurs uniform.Scola as well if possible.

ploto
04-09-2006, 01:30 PM
You did not address the other 3 facets. My point was not just about the top group of games, it was the overall impact. It means something that we are 10-1 when Rasho plays more than 14 minutes and 8-5 when he plays less than that.

I personally don't care what Rasho's numbers are. I care how the team plays when he is in there. The bench took the Dallas game over in the second quarter and the starters lost it. Now people notice NVE scoring, but do they notice who set the screen for him to get open??

I do not think it is a coincidence that since Rasho started coming off the bench and Nazr began starting that the bench has suddenly looked so much better- Finley, NVE, Brent while Manu has looked frustrated and Tony can't get all those lay-ups he was getting the first half of the year. As soon as Rasho enters the game, you can watch Tony salivate and get penetration the first couple of plays.

Again, I said, I am not saying Rasho should start, I am fine off the bench. I just want to see him play more, especially when the defense has SUCKED!!

zeleni
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Nazr will go and we will get 3 more players on rookie contract...

And Rasho will stay during those 2-3 years to be a tutor for newcomers.

ploto
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
3 were easy games at the end of February when Horry was out. We could have won at home against Knicks, Warriors and Sonics even without Rasho.
Then why did we LOSE in Seattle when Rasho only played 7 minutes??

Bruno
04-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Then why did we LOSE in Seattle when Rasho only played 7 minutes??

A 25 pt win is an easy game.
You can't say that we win by 25pt against seattle because Rasho has played 22 min instead of 12 min.

chode_regulator
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM
i think he's onto something here
when they signed rasho they acted like he was going to be a huge part of the overall team plan. havent seen that happen yet.

Bruno
04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
You did not address the other 3 facets. My point was not just about the top group of games, it was the overall impact. It means something that we are 10-1 when Rasho plays more than 14 minutes

This 11 games were :
vs. SuperSonics
vs. Warriors
vs. Knicks
vs. Trail Blazers
at Lakers
vs. Lakers
vs. Rockets
vs. Hornets
at Rockets
at Clippers
at Jazz

Only 3 of these games where against playoff teams : Rasho is 2-1 on this 3 games. You can't say we have won these games because of Rasho impact : we have won these games because it was against crappy teams. You have just proved that Pop doesn't trust Rasho to play against good teams.

Since the start of the season Spurs are 17-3 when Oberto has played more than 10 minutes. 17-3 projected on 82 games give a 70 win season. Logic conclusion : we are behind the Pistons only because oberto hasn't played a lot of minutes.

Bruno
04-09-2006, 01:53 PM
As soon as Rasho enters the game, you can watch Tony salivate and get penetration the first couple of plays.

That's why Tony says that Nazr has been great for them and that he hopes that Spurs re-sign him this summer ?

gameFACE
04-09-2006, 02:16 PM
- 3 were easy games at the end of February when Horry was out. We could have won at home against Knicks, Warriors and Sonics even without Rasho.

Not to mention that those three games were blowouts and a majority of Rasho's minutes were garbage time. That he is better against Yao's playoff eliminated team is great.

Up until the change in the starting center after the AS break neither Nazr nor Rasho had really taken it from the other. One had a misfortune (Rasho: ankle, Nazr: family problems), and the other center played well enough in the other's place where a change in line-up was not needed. Nazr, however, earned it with his play off the bench. Why Rasho is unable to do that I don't know.

Tha truth is that the Spurs defense has not been up to par all season. Not just after the AS break.

Rasho's a good guy. I'm glad he has his nut-riders. But I wouldn't mind exploring an entirely new approach to the center position this summer that doesn't involve either Rasho or Nazr.

rasho8
04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I think it needs to be more balanced... Rasho is a better defender than Nazr and contributes alot to the offensive play making.. but hes too timid under the basket... alot of his missed layups should have been slams... Nazr delivers on the offensive as a powerful player in the paint, but isnt as good a team member as Rasho...

I think playing them with their strengths is better, if you play a team that cant get the offensive board by all means put Nazr in... but when you need someone on the defense who will fight for and grab the defensive board then hell, put my boy Rasho in.

They both fit well but they are both very different players.

Chris
04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
i think he's onto something here
when they signed rasho they acted like he was going to be a huge part of the overall team plan. havent seen that happen yet.

He was the starting center until he got injured before the playoffs last year. Holt-Cat signs Naz. He was meant to be a big part of the overall team plan but he seriously injured his leg during a game. Good thing we got Naz though, he got us through the playoffs with little to no experience with the Spurs system.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Rasho will only play more if Pop thinks the matchups favor it, so don't hold your breath.

Chris
04-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Rasho's a good guy. I'm glad he has his nut-riders. But I wouldn't mind exploring an entirely new approach to the center position this summer that doesn't involve either Rasho or Nazr.

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/chris_kaman.jpg
Chris Kaman Free Agent in 07

Position: C
Born: Apr 28, 1982
Height: 7-0 / 2,13
Weight: 265 lbs. / 120,2 kg.
College : Central Michigan

PPG 11.7
RPG 9.60
APG 1.1
EFF + 17.01

Young, cheap, and defensively minded.

T Park
04-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Young, cheap, and defensively minded

He won't be cheap.

He will get or demand more than Nazr this summer.

Easily.

exstatic
04-09-2006, 04:04 PM
:lol Kaman averages a double double as the support big man on the Clippers behind Brand, in a league of stiffs in the post, and you think he will be cheap?

Kaman's contract will average 9-10 mil. Book it.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Kaman is not a free agent this summer.

He's also not on the block by any stretch of the imagination.

ducks
04-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Defense has been bad, and Nazr is famous for contributing to no defense.

yes lets bash nazr because duncan's d is not even close to what is has been in the past
duncan could make nazr look much bettter if healthier

chode_regulator
04-09-2006, 04:09 PM
He was the starting center until he got injured before the playoffs last year. Holt-Cat signs Naz. He was meant to be a big part of the overall team plan but he seriously injured his leg during a game. Good thing we got Naz though, he got us through the playoffs with little to no experience with the Spurs system.
explains nothing about what i said

ChumpDumper
04-09-2006, 04:13 PM
yes lets bash nazr because duncan's d is not even close to what is has been in the past
duncan could make nazr look much bettter if healthierThat's a good point, but begs the question: "Should we change anything because of Duncan's reduced effectiveness?"

Bruno
04-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm not a Rasho hater but if you look at facts, Rasho's carreer with Spurs is almost over. I think he will play less than 200 min with a Spurs jersey.

Based on facts and barring something new:

1) Rasho is the 4th Spurs big.
2) Pop will mainly play with 3 bigs during the playoffs.
3) There aren't a lot of matchup where Rasho is a better fit than Nazr.
4) Rasho will barely play with Spurs during the playoffs.
5) Spurs won't keep Rasho and Nazr signed with a long term contract for next season.
6) Pop will rather keep Nazr over Rasho.
7) Nazr won't be more expensive than Rasho.
8) Spurs will try to trade Rasho this summer. If they find a taker, Rasho will be gone.

exstatic
04-09-2006, 06:13 PM
5) Spurs won't keep Rasho and Nazr signed with a long term contract for next season.
6) Pop will rather keep Rasho over Nazr.
8) Spurs will try to trade Rasho this summer. If they find a taker, Rasho will be gone.
I don't agree with the points I have bolded. I'll break them down.
2. If Tim were healthy, this might be true, but he isn't, and Nazr is the Human Foul Machine.
4. It's the playoffs. The pace is slower and more defense is played. That makes this point wrong.
7. Bigs who can walk and chew gum are ALWAYS overpaid on the open market. Nazr qualifies, barely.

One more thought is that if 6 is true, then Rasho will be here. Pop is the coach, and EVP for baskeball operations. While he isn't GM anymore, RC listens to what Pop needs (and doesn't need :lol) and gets it, or gets rid of it. If Pop wants someone, they're here.

jmard5
04-09-2006, 07:09 PM
4. It's the playoffs. The pace is slower and more defense is played. That makes this point wrong.

Exactly.

And depending on the teams the Spurs will face in the playoffs, it is good to have a good number of big men in the middle.

Nazr's tendency to bring down the ball during put backs should be addressed. He also pump-fake too often.

Bruno
04-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I disagree with your disagreement

I don't agree with the points I have bolded. I'll break them down.
2. If Tim were healthy, this might be true, but he isn't, and Nazr is the Human Foul Machine.

Disagree for 3 reasons :
- Pop has played the playoff with Duncan/Horry/Nazr last year and Duncan wasn't very healthy.
- Duncan's injury doesn't limit his playtime: he play more than last year.
- Nazr isn't a fouling machine and make less fouls when he starts.

Disagree : it's not a question of pace but a question of matchup. Rasho is a better fit than Nazr against true centers with a good offensive game and Spurs likely won't face one.

7. Bigs who can walk and chew gum are ALWAYS overpaid on the open market. Nazr qualifies, barely.

Agree, Nazr will be overpaid but less than Rasho. Rasho was an 11/8 seven footer and got $42M/6years 3 years ago. With the BRI and salary cap raise, it's like a $46-48M deal. Nazr won't get that much money : Rasho was better, bigger, younger when he get is contract. Nazr won't get more than $40M/6 years.

One more thought is that if 6 is true, then Rasho will be here. Pop is the coach, and EVP for baskeball operations. While he isn't GM anymore, RC listens to what Pop needs (and doesn't need :lol) and gets it, or gets rid of it. If Pop wants someone, they're here.

I've made a typo for 6 :Pop will rather keep Nazr over Rasho.

Slinkyman
04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
There's still no evidence that Rasho is that much of a better defender then Nazr. How do you measure D? how about PPG allowed? With Nazr starting we're giving up 1 more point per game. WOW! also Ploto your stats are wrong, after tonight we're 7 and 3 when rasho plays less the 10 minutes but i guess you didn't count the PHX games, how convenient. In the end i trust Pop and if he doesn't want to play Rasho, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

ploto
04-09-2006, 10:30 PM
There's still no evidence that Rasho is that much of a better defender then Nazr. How do you measure D? how about PPG allowed? With Nazr starting we're giving up 1 more point per game. WOW! also Ploto your stats are wrong, after tonight we're 7 and 3 when rasho plays less the 10 minutes but i guess you didn't count the PHX games, how convenient. In the end i trust Pop and if he doesn't want to play Rasho, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Excuse me mathematician- but I did count the Phoenix games. And we surely did not win tonight because of anything Nazr did. He was AWFUL. We are 5-3 when Rasho plays less than 20 minutes.

As for how you measure defense- it is simple.

Rasho on court-- Defense: Pts per 100 Poss. 96.6 Best on the whole damn team!!

I really have no reason to read ANYTHING else you write, if you can not even see that Rasho is a better defender than Nazr.

Slinkyman
04-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Excuse me mathematician- but I did count the Phoenix games. And we surely did not win tonight because of anything Nazr did. He was AWFUL. We are 5-3 when Rasho plays less than 20 minutes.

As for how you measure defense- it is simple.

Rasho on court-- Defense: Pts per 100 Poss. 96.6 Best on the whole damn team!!

I really have no reason to read ANYTHING else you write, if you can not even see that Rasho is a better defender than Nazr.

As far as i can tell you haven't read anything i've said yet. I said that rasho isn't that much better, or i think they are both average defenders at best. How many people thought Rasho a great defender at minn? Nobody! Maybe it's because in the spurs system he gets the benefit of being on a great defensive team? also, games spurs won where rasho played less then 10 minutes:
2/24 memphis
3/2 dallas
3/9 phx
3/17 phx
3/30 lal
4/1 was
4/9 mem

that's 7 games my friend; i hope the best for you and your boy Rasho next season when he's playing on another team!
:hat

Slo spurs fan
04-10-2006, 03:37 AM
There's still no evidence that Rasho is that much of a better defender then Nazr.

Sincerly
Stevie Wonder

ploto
04-10-2006, 11:58 AM
You are correct. I got 2 games into the wrong division on the bottom half, but that does not change the total for those 2 lower levels-- when Rasho plays less than 14 minutes the Spurs were still at 8-5; 2-2 at between 10 and 14 minutes and 6-3 at less than 10 minutes. That was my major point. When Rasho plays 14 minutes, it means he got the usual run in both the first and second half. When he doesn't, it usually means he only played in the first half.

And you know you can not compare Rasho's minutes to Fabricio's because when Fabricio plays extended minutes, it is almost ALWAYS because of a blow out and garbage time. The games where Rasho has played extended minutes, it was during the heart of the game that matters. You also can not claim that Rasho did not contribute to a win because of who it was against or how much it was by. Maybe he contributed to the BLOW OUT!

Do you realize as we head onto the playoffs, trying to get on a roll, that over the past 5 games, Nazr is averaging 19.2 minutes with 37.5% FG and a whopping 4.6 rebounds per game. Yippee!!

RashoFan
04-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Since the All-Star break, the Spurs are 18-6 with Rasho not starting. I said back then I understood advantages for the team to starting Nazr and having Rasho come off the bench, but my problem has been with those games where Rasho has hardly played. So I checked, and this is what I discovered. Apparently, I was not imagining what I thought I had observed.

Since All-Star break:

Rasho played > 20 minutes; Spurs 5-0
Rasho played 14<x<20; Spurs 5-1
Rasho played 10<x<14; Spurs 4-2
Rasho played <10; Spurs 4-3

Rasho played 20 mins (and we won tonight's game)...made his first five shots to open the game, he was 5/6 tonight, even attempted a 3pt shot( he missed but that is okay), 6 Rebounds and a couple of blocks. Yeah he had 3 TO and 4 fouls....can't have everything...but I do like this...Rasho hit three straight shots for the Spurs. :cheer :elephant :cheer

ChumpDumper
04-12-2006, 02:22 AM
It's nice to see Rasho do well against an athletic frontline.

Remains to be seen whether he would've gotten the minutes if Horry was present.

pache100
04-12-2006, 08:54 AM
What the hell got into Rasho in that first quarter? He was a monster. Rasho the Beast. That was awesome.

angel_luv
04-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Fear the Sho! :D

CubanMustGo
04-12-2006, 09:04 AM
What the hell got into Rasho in that first quarter? He was a monster. Rasho the Beast. That was awesome.

Rasho the guy who we signed away from Minnesota.

ploto
04-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Perfection spoiled: Spurs backup center Rasho Nesterovic made his first five shots before missing a 55-foot heave at the third-quarter buzzer.

"I know it spoiled my 1,000 percent," Nesterovic said, "but it would have been a hell of a shot if I made it."

It was the first 3-point attempt of Nesterovic's three seasons with the Spurs, and just the sixth of his seven-year NBA career. He has yet to make one.

"But I made some in Europe," he said. "The line is shorter there."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA041206.4C.BKNspurs.notebook.12d3f98d.html

ploto
04-12-2006, 10:30 AM
It's nice to see Rasho do well against an athletic frontline.

Remains to be seen whether he would've gotten the minutes if Horry was present.
Unfortunately he wouldn't have. :(

But it was great to see him play the way I know he can.

RashoFan
04-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Perfection spoiled: Spurs backup center Rasho Nesterovic made his first five shots before missing a 55-foot heave at the third-quarter buzzer.

"I know it spoiled my 1,000 percent," Nesterovic said, "but it would have been a hell of a shot if I made it."

It was the first 3-point attempt of Nesterovic's three seasons with the Spurs, and just the sixth of his seven-year NBA career. He has yet to make one.

"But I made some in Europe," he said. "The line is shorter there."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA041206.4C.BKNspurs.notebook.12d3f98d.html
I do not remember which game it was BUT Rasho did attempt one other 3 pt shot ( yeah he missed, but damn...he tried!!! ) It was closer to the start of the season... :spin

SequSpur
04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Rasho has a few games left and then he'll be back in Club 200 selling cotton candy for the playoffs.

ploto
04-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm bumping this back up simply to explore. In the past 3 games Rasho has played more minutes than Nazr all three games. Over this time, Rasho is averaging about 21 minutes per game and Nazr is down to 15 minutes per game. For the second game in a row, Pop started the second half with Rasho. I still don't buy that on a night that Bruce played 33 minutes, Finley 30, Manu 23, and even Tim 20 and Horry 18 that there was a need to rest Nazr so much so that he never played after the first quarter and totaled less than 10 minutes for the night. Last night I saw the same thing happen that happened the Orlando game. After the first play when Nazr traveled, Pop walked down the bench and went to talk to Rasho immediately.

In the first 28 games that Nazr started, only once did Rasho start the second half and that was in Houston on the second game of a back-to-back when Yao had been tearing up the league and Rasho was doing a great job on him. There were other games where Nazr did not play so great or where Rasho would have been a better matchup, but Nazr still started the second half each of those games. I just find it intriguing that with 2 games to go in the season, Rasho suddenly has started the second half twice in a row.

This is what Tim said after last night's game:
"It's a good time right now to get some rest, but we also want to be on a little bit of a roll heading into the playoffs" Duncan said. "So we want to get the guys in our lineup the right kind of minutes and in the right kind of situations."

It just makes me wonder why Rasho is getting more and Nazr less. Rolling into the play-offs, you would think that your starting center would play more than 9 1/2 minutes. I don't see how you could classify that as the "right kind of minutes."

Nazr's stats:
Past 8 games
19 minutes
39 % FG
4.6 rebounds per game (including 3 games with only 2 rebounds each)

We all know that Pop gets into that -what have you done for me lately mode.

Dario
04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
I dont want to take anything from rasho, but if nazr isn't going to produce like he has in last years playoffs, spurs can kiss their championship goodbuy.

zeleni
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
I dont want to take anything from rasho, but if nazr isn't going to produce like he has in last years playoffs, spurs can kiss their championship goodbuy.

I disagree. Rasho>Nazr in playoffs

leemajors
04-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I disagree. Rasho>Nazr in playoffs

we are gonna need rebounds, and nazr is our best chance at that vs teams without a traditional center. they both need to produce, but nazr really needs to board.

Bruno
04-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm bumping this back up simply to explore. In the past 3 games Rasho has played more minutes than Nazr all three games. Over this time, Rasho is averaging about 21 minutes per game and Nazr is down to 15 minutes per game.

3 games isn't enough to draw a conclusion :
- Against Seattle Horry was out and Rasho played great.
- Howard was a bad matchup for Nazr (like Yao).
- Rasho enter against Minny when Spurs where up by 17 and mainly played in the second half. Spurs were up by 31 after 3 minutes in the second half and the rest was garbage time.

For the second game in a row, Pop started the second half with Rasho.

And Beno too : does that mean that beno is the starting PG or the main backup PG : I don't think so.

I still don't buy that on a night that Bruce played 33 minutes, Finley 30, Manu 23, and even Tim 20 and Horry 18 that there was a need to rest Nazr so much so that he never played after the first quarter and totaled less than 10 minutes for the night.

You should buy that. Bruce, Fin and Manu have played more since Minny has played a lot of small ball. When the 5 bigs played 78 min, there are a lot of playtime for the 7 other players.

Last night I saw the same thing happen that happened the Orlando game. After the first play when Nazr traveled, Pop walked down the bench and went to talk to Rasho immediately.

To say what ? Be ready ?
Rasho enters in the game at the end of the second period, 10 minutes after the last minute played by Nazr.
You're like Fox mulder and the "I want to believe" sentence : you want that Rasho gets playtime so you interprets everything as a sign that Rasho will get it .

In the first 28 games that Nazr started, only once did Rasho start the second half and that was in Houston on the second game of a back-to-back when Yao had been tearing up the league and Rasho was doing a great job on him. There were other games where Nazr did not play so great or where Rasho would have been a better matchup, but Nazr still started the second half each of those games. I just find it intriguing that with 2 games to go in the season, Rasho suddenly has started the second half twice in a row.

Howard is a bad matchup for Nazr like Yao.
Spurs were up by 21 against Minny at the half.

This is what Tim said after last night's game:
"It's a good time right now to get some rest, but we also want to be on a little bit of a roll heading into the playoffs" Duncan said. "So we want to get the guys in our lineup the right kind of minutes and in the right kind of situations."

It just makes me wonder why Rasho is getting more and Nazr less. Rolling into the play-offs, you would think that your starting center would play more than 9 1/2 minutes. I don't see how you could classify that as the "right kind of minutes."

You underline the right kind of minutes, I will underline the right kind of situations.
The first quarter substitutions looked a lot like playoffs substitution.
After 7 minutes : Horry and Finley for Manu and Nazr.
After 9 minutes : Nazr for Duncan.
After 11 minutes : NVE and manu for Parker and Bowen.

It was way more meaningful that the minutes played by Rasho in garbage time.

Nazr's stats:
Past 8 games
19 minutes
39 % FG
4.6 rebounds per game (including 3 games with only 2 rebounds each)

We all know that Pop gets into that -what have you done for me lately mode.

Rasho's stats:
Past 8 games
14 minutes
46 % FG (but 3ppg)
3 rebounds per game (including 3 games with 1 or 0 rebounds)

I agree with you that Nazr has been very average lately (to be kind with him) but there are no real sign that Rasho will get Nazr's minutes in playoff.
The playoff rotation will likely be :
Starter : Parker/Manu/Bowen/Duncan/Nazr
Bench : NVE/Finley/Horry
Situatinol players : Barry/Rasho
No playtime outside the garbage time : Udrih/Oberto

ploto
04-17-2006, 12:21 PM
we are gonna need rebounds, and nazr is our best chance at that vs teams without a traditional center. they both need to produce, but nazr really needs to board.
But that's the thing- he isn't. If he and Rasho are rebounding at about the same rate, then Rasho should play, and he has been.

It just appears to me that in the past week, and since the big slump, Pop has has made sure to give Rasho the minutes to be ready for the play-offs-- to be in good shape and into a rhythm. Plus, Pop has seemed ready with the quick hook for Nazr.

ploto
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Pop stated why Beno started-- to rest a sick Tony and to give Beno experience against Banks. He never said he needed to rest Nazr, especially given that Nazr barely played the previous game.

You explain to me why Rasho is playing more and more as the play-offs get closer and Nazr is playing less and less. It is not just about Rahso's increased minutes- but Nazr's DECREASED playing time. You can't say that last night was a regular rotation when Nazr NEVER played in the second quarter. The Spurs blew the game open in the second quarter with Nazr on the bench.

So are you claiming that the Spurs did not need to rest Tim or Rob in the second half but they needed to rest Nazr? If it was all garbage time, why did Tim start the second half and Horry play in the second half?

As for what Pop says to players on the bench, I sit close enough to read some lips and sometimes even to hear. When Pop put in Nazr in the fourth quarter against Orlando and Nazr screwed the play up-- Pop turned beat red, beat the table, and yelled, "Rasho, get back in there for him!" Not too hard to tell what was going on there. Nazr lasted 20 seconds. And yes, there have been times that Pop went down to talk to Rasho to tell him to be ready. Last night, Nazr pulled his head out and started rebounding and that is why he stayed in and didn't get pulled again. But, Pop is ready with a quick hook. That is plain to see.

I contend that 3 games leading into the play-offs do mean something. Watch tonight.

Slinkyman
04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Pop stated why Beno started-- to rest a sick Tony and to give Beno experience against Banks. He never said he needed to rest Nazr, especially given that Nazr barely played the previous game.

You explain to me why Rasho is playing more and more as the play-offs get closer and Nazr is playing less and less. It is not just about Rahso's increased minutes- but Nazr's DECREASED playing time. You can't say that last night was a regular rotation when Nazr NEVER played in the second quarter. The Spurs blew the game open in the second quarter with Nazr on the bench.

So are you claiming that the Spurs did not need to rest Tim or Rob in the second half but they needed to rest Nazr? If it was all garbage time, why did Tim start the second half and Horry play in the second half?

As for what Pop says to players on the bench, I sit close enough to read some lips and sometimes even to hear. When Pop put in Nazr in the fourth quarter against Orlando and Nazr screwed the play up-- Pop turned beat red, beat the table, and yelled, "Rasho, get back in there for him!" Not too hard to tell what was going on there. Nazr lasted 20 seconds. And yes, there have been times that Pop went down to talk to Rasho to tell him to be ready. Last night, Nazr pulled his head out and started rebounding and that is why he stayed in and didn't get pulled again. But, Pop is ready with a quick hook. That is plain to see.

I contend that 3 games leading into the play-offs do mean something. Watch tonight.

rasho played 2 minutes in the first half, nuff said.

ploto
04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
rasho played 2 minutes in the first half, nuff said.
Nazr never played after the first quarter when the rest of the starters did.

SAGambler
04-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Nazr's tendency to bring down the ball during put backs should be addressed. He also pump-fake too often.

And for gods sake don't give him the ball unless he is directly under the rim, or he'll take six or seven steps and turn in over for traveling. Hell, sometimes he manages to travel when he IS under the rim.

I thought Nazr would help more on offense than Rasho, even though we would lose a little defense. Now, I not so certain that is turnovers don't negate whatever offense he brings.

boutons_
04-17-2006, 01:03 PM
"turnovers don't negate whatever offense he brings."

TOs, and baskets allowed with bad paint defense. He's a wash, but Rasho isn't much different. Both pretty useless

cheguevara
04-17-2006, 01:18 PM
I'd take Nazr's agressiveness over anything rasho has to offer anyday.

zeleni
04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Rasho is not a good point guard.

Beno is a primadonna.

I really do not like Slovenes in the Spurs team. They are not that champions material..like Finley, Nazr or Marks. They are a wash. I agree with you boutons.

No, I really think we have a deep bench along with the veterans.

Let us make a good map of this team.

Tony, VanX, Beno

Barry, Manu

Bruce, Finley

TD, Horry, Marks

Nazr, Rasho

1st team gets the points from TP and TD
2nd team gets points from Manu, Finley and Horry

Rasho and Nazr varies from team to team depending on the defense/offense needed from the C position.

Bruno
04-17-2006, 01:42 PM

When you put a player in a game only to give him some experience, it means that you aren't far from the garbage time. Pop could have started with NVE.
I've never said the reason why Nazr had only played 10 minutes was to rest him and maybe Pop has started the second half with Rasho to give him some confidence for the playoff. Rasho will barely play during the playoff but he can be useful for spot minutes (foul troubles...).

I've explain why Nazr's minutes have decreased, please re-read.
For the second quarter : Spurs have mainly played with 1 big, Minny has played small ball. Spurs blew up the game with Duncan as only big man (+13 in 4 minutes). You've just pointed that Duncan is better than Nazr, plain and simple.

^^ already answered

More than one month leading into the playoff means more.
Watch tonight and more important Watch the playoff.

ploto
04-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Watch tonight indeed. Last time we played Utah, Rasho played 25 minutes and Nazr played 9.

For the record, you still did not explain why Horry played in the second half and Nazr didn't. And even if the Spurs went small in the second quarter, why did Rasho play then and Nazr didn't? Nazr hasn't played much lately because Pop isn't happy. One quarter of one game against Minnesota does not explain the NOTICEABLE decline in Nazr's playing time over the past week leading into the play-offs.

You say the past month is more important, but the Spurs played poorly in that month. The change happened after the three disastrous home games in which the Spurs lost two and squeaked out a win over Memphis by 1. All you have to do is read Pop's quotes this past week. He keeps talking about everyone knowing what defense they are running- sometimes Nazr does not even know. I see him look to the bench for someone to tell him, and it is usually Rasho who does. Pop has talked about rhythm and finding the players who are playing well, and we all know that has not been Nazr. Pop has had a short fuse and a quick hook and I see no reason for that to change in a few days. Nazr better shape up and start playing better or he will find his ass on the bench.

ploto
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I'd take Nazr's agressiveness over anything rasho has to offer anyday.
Rasho is a much more aggressive defensive player than Nazr will ever be. The game is played at both ends of the court.

Bruno
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
So, we disagree.

You think that Rasho has played more and Nazr less because Pop isn't happy with him.
I think that Rasho has played more and Nazr less because Nazr has had bad games, bad matchups and to keep everyine involve.

You think that the change in playing time this week means something, I don't think so.

Anyway, I understand your point of view and playoff will tell who will get minutes betweeen Nazr and Rasho. It's up to Pop to decide.

Manu4Three
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
So, we disagree.

You think that Rasho has played more and Nazr less because Pop isn't happy with him.
I think that Rasho has played more and Nazr less because Nazr has had bad games, bad matchups and to keep everyine involve.

You think that the change in playing time this week means something, I don't think so.

Anyway, I understand your point of view and playoff will tell who will get minutes betweeen Nazr and Rasho. It's up to Pop to decide.

Playoff's time will be for Nazr everybody knows that, and that's the best opcion
the Spurs have.
Playoff's time.....Nazr > Rasho. Period.

zeleni
04-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Manu4Three,

Are the Spurs good enough in the paint to need that offensive rebounds from Nazr?

Manu4Three
04-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Manu4Three,

Are the Spurs good enough in the paint to need that offensive rebounds from Nazr?

The Spurs were good enogh last playoff playing Nazr in the offensive board,
an will be good enogh this playoff playing Nazr again.
Rasho only will be a decent Nazr's backup, like the year before.

gameFACE
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Nazr hasn't played that well lately but he will still be the starter in the playoffs.

Fair is fair, though. So i'll give Rasho props for playing well tonight and the last three games against playoff eliminated and under .500 teams.

ploto
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
So, we disagree.

I would say that the three times Pop pulled Nazr from the game tonight and replaced him with Rasho combined with the three or four times Pop yelled in his face pretty much solidifies my claim that Pop is not happy with Nazr.

Nazr got the chance to start the second half tonight, and what happened-- 30 seconds into the second half, Rasho was already sitting on the floor in front of the scorer's table. On a night the Spurs were attempting to clinch, they were -6 with Nazr on the court and +39 with Rasho. And it's not about garbage minutes either. In the first half the Spurs were losing when Rasho came into the game and 11 minutes later when he left, they were ahead by 15. Every time the lead got down to 12, Pop would pull Nazr and send Rasho back in and the lead would build back up.

I assure you- you will never see a stat line this for Nazr:
3-4; 6 points
11 rebounds
5 ASSISTS

And don't attempt some back handed compliment by saying Rasho has played well against non-playoff teams. If these teams are so bad, then why has Nazr sucked so much this week. Another 3 rebound- 2 TO night.

Rasho is playing well and Nazr isn't. Any fool can see that, and how you play going into the play-offs means something. Rasho had double digits rebounds off the bench tonight. Nazr has not had double digit rebounds in a month! See the ball movement with Rasho in there tonight-- that is what we need.

How many games can be explained away by match-ups. I thought Rasho was only effective against Yao and Shaq according to people on here?

angel_luv
04-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Sho was fantastic tonight- especially when it came to rebounding. Rasho rocks! :D

Bruno
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
I would say that the three times Pop pulled Nazr from the game tonight and replaced him with Rasho combined with the three or four times Pop yelled in his face pretty much solidifies my claim that Pop is not happy with Nazr.

Sure and Pop has never yelled on Parker...
Not being happy about few games/few plays isn't the same thing that not being happy with a player.

Nazr got the chance to start the second half tonight, and what happened-- 30 seconds into the second half, Rasho was already sitting on the floor in front of the scorer's table. On a night the Spurs were attempting to clinch, they were -6 with Nazr on the court and +39 with Rasho. And it's not about garbage minutes either. In the first half the Spurs were losing when Rasho came into the game and 11 minutes later when he left, they were ahead by 15. Every time the lead got down to 12, Pop would pull Nazr and send Rasho back in and the lead would build back up.

Rasho has played well, not Nazr.

BTW, Last 3 games :
Against Minny : Nazr +9, Rasho +3
Against Orlando : Nazr +1, Rasho -14
Against Seattle : Nazr +11, Rasho -8
Don't use +/- stats only when they are good for Rasho.
I don't say that Nazr has played better than Rasho lately because it's not the case but you should be a little more meticulous before pointing some stats.

I assure you- you will never see a stat line this for Nazr:
3-4; 6 points
11 rebounds
5 ASSISTS

Cough... Phoenix...Cough
I know that you highlight assists but Nazr : 1ast/37min, Rasho 1ast/47min.
I don't say that Nazr has a better court vision and is a better passer than Rasho lately because it's not the case but you should be a little more meticulous before pointing some stats.

And don't attempt some back handed compliment by saying Rasho has played well against non-playoff teams. If these teams are so bad, then why has Nazr sucked so much this week. Another 3 rebound- 2 TO night.

I've never said that Rasho has played well only against non-playoff teams. I've said that he has get playtime against them. I'm not judging Rasho or Nazr. Maybe you think I'm a Rasho hater and a Nazr lover but you're far from the truth. I'm happy when Rasho plays well. I just try to understand who will play in playoff.

Rasho is playing well and Nazr isn't.

For the last week and this game, agree. For the last month, disagree.

Any fool can see that, and how you play going into the play-offs means something. Rasho had double digits rebounds off the bench tonight. Nazr has not had double digit rebounds in a month!

And that doesn't mean that Rasho is a better rebounder than Nazr over the last month.
Pop won't change his starting center that late in the season. I'm happy that Rasho is ready for the playoff and I hope that Nazr will play better.

See the ball movement with Rasho in there tonight-- that is what we need.

I don't care about what/who you think Spurs need.
I don't care about what/who I think Spurs need.
I don't care about what Pop should do. I don't live in the ifs and buts fantasy world. I trust Pop, he is a great coach and is way more knowladgable than me.
The only thing I care is what Pop will do and who will play for the playoff.
If you consider the situation from a neutral point (and I am neutral, I can find post where I congrats Rasho for outplaying Nazr in january) : Rasho will get only playtime in playoff if :
- Bigs are in foul trouble.
- Nazr sucks, if he is average Pop will stick with him.
- Garbage time.
- Bad matchup for Nazr/Good matchup for Rasho and it's higly unlikely when you look at the playoff picture.

How many games can be explained away by match-ups. I thought Rasho was only effective against Yao and Shaq according to people on here?

I've never said all games can be explained by matchup but if you think that matchup have nothing to do with playtime/"level of performance", you don't know BB enough.

ploto
04-18-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't say that Nazr has a better court vision and is a better passer than Rasho lately because it's not the case but you should be a little more meticulous before pointing some stats.

I've never said all games can be explained by matchup but if you think that matchup have nothing to do with playtime/"level of performance", you don't know BB enough.

Nazr's CAREER high in assists is 3. Enough said.

I never said that match-ups don't effect games, but that has been your excuse for Rasho's minutes and Nazr's bad play EVERY game lately. Guess he doesn't match up against Minnesota or Utah either. You're the one who told me to watch the game last night-- well I did, and I was right.

Why would Pop who has YANKED Nazr many times lately all the sudden not do it in a couple of days?

And for the record, I never claimed Pop would start Rasho. I just said it is obvious that Nazr is going to find his butt on the bench a lot more than he expects if he doesn't get his act in gear, and soon. Pop's patience with him is wearing thin. Pop is more than ready to send in Rasho, which you claimed was my hallucination, but was clearly on display for all to see last night.

ploto
04-18-2006, 08:44 AM

He had 5 assists last night! :)

Bruno
04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Nazr's CAREER high in assists is 3. Enough said.

Average performance is way more important than top performance.
You will be the first to blame Nazr for being inconsistant and you will be right.
Rasho has made 32 assists in 1500 minutes this year, it's stupid to highlight this stat. Plain and simple.

I never said that match-ups don't effect games, but that has been your excuse for Rasho's minutes and Nazr's bad play EVERY game lately. Guess he doesn't match up against Minnesota or Utah either.

You're wrong. Please, re-read my post and don't speak for me.

You're the one who told me to watch the game last night-- well I did, and I was right.

You're wrong. Please, re-read my post and don't speak for me.
You're the one who told me to watch the game last night, and I said you should too and that the more important is to watch the playoff.

Why would Pop who has YANKED Nazr many times lately all the sudden not do it in a couple of days?

Maybe because Nazr has sucked for one week. Plain and simple

And for the record, I never claimed Pop would start Rasho. I just said it is obvious that Nazr is going to find his butt on the bench a lot more than he expects if he doesn't get his act in gear, and soon. Pop's patience with him is wearing thin. Pop is more than ready to send in Rasho, which you claimed was my hallucination, but was clearly on display for all to see last night.

You're a genious, your conclusion : if Nazr sucks he won't play, congrats and you know the sky is blue too.

ploto
04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Average performance is way more important than top performance.
You will be the first to blame Nazr for being inconsistant and you will be right.
Rasho has made 32 assists in 1500 minutes this year, it's stupid to highlight this stat. Plain and simple.

Maybe because Nazr has sucked for one week. Plain and simple

Then Rasho averages one assist per game for his CAREER and Nazr 0.4.

And sorry, but Nazr has been sucking for almost a month- not a week.

zeleni
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM

He had 5 assists last night! :)

Now we are talkin!

Ploto is a BELIEVER!

Dario
04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I still cant get it why you all think starting the second half or even first half mean so much?

zeleni
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
BTW, Last 3 games :
Against Minny : Nazr +9, Rasho +3
Against Orlando : Nazr +1, Rasho -14
Against Seattle : Nazr +11, Rasho -8
Don't use +/- stats only when they are good for Rasho.
I don't say that Nazr has played better than Rasho lately because it's not the case but you should be a little more meticulous before pointing some stats.

Cough... Phoenix...Cough

Look at this stats from Pheonix (http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20060317&game=PHOSAS)

Look at this stats from the Jazz (http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20060417&game=UTHSAS)

Compare -1 from Nazr to 39 from Rasho. Explain. GO!

Bruno
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Compare -1 from Nazr to 39 from Rasho. Explain. GO!

First, don't speak to me like that, dude.

Then, +/- stats are way better when your team won by 33 than when your team won by 6. If you don't understand that, I can do nothing for you.

+/- stats aren't the better statistical way to evaluate the performance on one game, efficiency is a better stat to evaluate the performance on one game and watching the game is still by far the better way to know if a player has well played or not.

ploto
04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Well- watching the past 2 weeks, Rasho has noticeably played better than Nazr.

You know, this thread just started as my attempt to show people how well Rasho has played when given the opportunity and how he has contributed to the team's success. He has shown an excellent ability to adjust to coming off the bench in the middle of a season after basically starting for 5 1/2 years. The longer this thread has been here, the more and better he has played. :)

As I have stated on several occasions, I am not about Rasho starting, but there is a time in the game when I want to see Rasho on the court and that is when Tim is on the bench. If the Spurs play 2 bigs with Tim on the bench, I want it to be Horry and Rasho. Horry and Rasho play so well with Finley. I like them out there together.

gameFACE
04-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I agree that Rasho has played better. That is true. And both Nazr and Rasho will be needed. I'm cool with them for now. But Bruno owns this thread by constantly refuting your stat spin. :D

The off season will be another story. I liked the Gary Busey, er Chris Kaman, suggestion but he's not available for the right price and we've got who we've got for the playoffs. This will be a hot topic this summer.

zeleni
04-19-2006, 12:22 AM
First, don't speak to me like that, dude.

Then, +/- stats are way better when your team won by 33 than when your team won by 6. If you don't understand that, I can do nothing for you.

+/- stats aren't the better statistical way to evaluate the performance on one game, efficiency is a better stat to evaluate the performance on one game and watching the game is still by far the better way to know if a player has well played or not.

Hey, I'm sorry but you were asking for it.

Yes, +/- stats are way better when your team is winning. But that was not the point.

Nazr was the best scorer and rebounder... and wasn't even close to being the most valuable player for the Spurs.

Watching the game or looking at the stats...
I looked at the stats and I looked at GameFlow. They both were great. But one of them helped his team in more ways than the other. And one of them did it more recently. I'd say it's the same guy and it is Rasho. So he has peaked right before post-season! :fro

Supergirl
04-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm not a Rasho hater but if you look at facts, Rasho's carreer with Spurs is almost over. I think he will play less than 200 min with a Spurs jersey.

Based on facts and barring something new:

6) Pop will rather keep Nazr over Rasho.

1. Rasho is the best defensive center we have, since Tim plays PF.
2. Pop will play Rasho heavily against Detroit, Miami, and Sacramento. Against teams like Phoenix, Nazr will be played because of his more reliable offense. Dallas could go either way, depending on how they play.
3. See above. Rasho is EASILY the better fit against defensive-minded teams. Nazr brings more defensively, and is a good rebounder, but against quicker teams he tends to bobble the ball.
4. That depends on who the Spurs play.
5. I disagree. Pop and the Spurs LIKE Rasho, and Nazr will likely be overpaid this summer, if you look at the going rate for mediocre centers last year. Nazr will not return if wants a big contract. It would be a mistake to let Rasho go in favor of Nazr; Nazr is more replaceable.

I think the initial post in this thread provided excellent analysis of why Rasho needs 15+ minutes for the Spurs to win. It doesn't matter as much who starts, as it does utilizing Rasho well.

ploto
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm keeping that running total for you. On April 9 it was said that Rasho would play less than 200 more minutes in a Spurs jersey. In the 5 games since he has played 96 minutes, and I would think that by the time tonight is over he will be at around 120 minutes. So we'll see what happens during a hopefully very long play-off run. :)

Bruno
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm keeping that running total for you. On April 9 it was said that Rasho would play less than 200 more minutes in a Spurs jersey. In the 5 games since he has played 96 minutes, and I would think that by the time tonight is over he will be at around 120 minutes. So we'll see what happens during a hopefully very long play-off run. :)

I will likely be wrong on the 200 minutes and I hope to be wrong it that means that Spurs go deep in playoff. :)
I still think that Rasho won't play a lot during the playoff and will be traded this summer, future will tell.

Bruno
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
1. Rasho is the best defensive center we have, since Tim plays PF.
2. Pop will play Rasho heavily against Detroit, Miami, and Sacramento. Against teams like Phoenix, Nazr will be played because of his more reliable offense. Dallas could go either way, depending on how they play.
3. See above. Rasho is EASILY the better fit against defensive-minded teams. Nazr brings more defensively, and is a good rebounder, but against quicker teams he tends to bobble the ball.
4. That depends on who the Spurs play.
5. I disagree. Pop and the Spurs LIKE Rasho, and Nazr will likely be overpaid this summer, if you look at the going rate for mediocre centers last year. Nazr will not return if wants a big contract. It would be a mistake to let Rasho go in favor of Nazr; Nazr is more replaceable.

I think the initial post in this thread provided excellent analysis of why Rasho needs 15+ minutes for the Spurs to win. It doesn't matter as much who starts, as it does utilizing Rasho well.

1. Tim starts at PF but mainly play C with horry at PF. Rasho is the best defensive center not named Duncan but that doesn't change that he is the 4th bigmen (behind Duncan, Horry and Nazr).

2. Detroit : no way : see the Final last year and the two games this year to see that Detroit is a bad matchup.
Miami : yes but we likely won't play against them.
Sacramento : not sure : their bigmen are jumpshooter.
Pop has mainly played with 3 bigs in playoff. Rasho in 2005, Malik in 2004, Willis/Ferry in 2003... were the 4th big and they haven't played a lot.

3. I disagree with you on what is a good matchup for Rasho. I think that Rasho is a better fit than Nazr when Spurs's center had to play man to man defense against a real center.

4. 1st round : Sacramento, see above or maybe Lakers :better matchup for Rasho with Mihm.
2nd round : Dallas, bad matchup for Rasho.
3rd round : Suns/Denver : bad matchup for Rasho, Clippers are an average matchup.
4th round : Detroit, bad matchup for Rasho.

5. I'm not sure Spurs are so in love with Rasho : they tried to trade him last summer and they have benched him to start Nazr. Nazr will be overpaid but will be cheaper than Rasho. Nazr is older, has worse stats and is shorter than Rasho when he gets his contract.

ata
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
2. Detroit : no way : see the Final last year and the two games this year to see that Detroit is a bad matchup.
Miami : yes but we likely won't play against them.
Sacramento : not sure : their bigmen are jumpshooter.
Pop has mainly played with 3 bigs in playoff. Rasho in 2005, Malik in 2004, Willis/Ferry in 2003... were the 4th big and they haven't played a lot.

Sorry, but against Detroit Rasho hardly played.

Nazr showed next to nothing in first six games against Detroit, however bounced back in Game 7. Rasho never had I chance to play against Detroit in final (with exception of game 4 after game was already lost).

Bruno
04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Sorry, but against Detroit Rasho hardly played.

Nazr showed next to nothing in first six games against Detroit, however bounced back in Game 7. Rasho never had I chance to play against Detroit in final (with exception of game 4 after game was already lost).

Nazr has not been great against Detroit last year but rasho has been worse during the two games this year. Detroit is a way better matchup for Nazr :
- WallaceČ and McDyess aren't real centers.
- We badly need Nazr rebounding ability.
- Detroit are a jumpshooting team and Rasho shotblocking ability isn't very useful against them.

ata
04-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Nazr has not been great against Detroit last year but rasho has been worse during the two games this year. Detroit is a way better matchup for Nazr :
- WallaceČ and McDyess aren't real centers.
- We badly need Nazr rebounding ability.
- Detroit are a jumpshooting team and Rasho shotblocking ability isn't very useful against them.

I agree, just don't bash Rasho for no reason (i.e. last year final).

ploto
04-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Actually Rasho covered Rasheed the first half of the Christmas Day game and did a great job! But, I take it one series at a time.

BTW- Rasho played well against Houston. Nazr- well, I don't think I have to say a word.